Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 11:13:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Road closed ? No just move the Cones  (Read 5467 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Road closed ? No just move the Cones
« on March 03, 2017, 07:32:43 pm by Donnywolf »
My road has been closed for 36 hours and has signs at both ends. Despite that the "goons" have been ignoring those signs (2 each way) and chosen to believe the road is open

They have been turning round in their droves all day after finding surprise surprise there are barriers all across the road and .... its .... well .... CLOSED

Now they have a new way past ... move the Cones and drive on the Path and if Mrs DW and dog are on path .... hey no matter they will scatter

AND these are the same people that will stop using their Mobiles now the "punishment" has become more severe ? Dont make me laugh

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Road closed ? No just move the Cones
« Reply #1 on March 03, 2017, 08:05:08 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I had a muppet the other night at a set of temporary lights  on red I was 4th back car slowed down behind me I thought he'd hanging back a bit  next thing foot down and he pulls out belts past the four of us through the red light

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 03, 2017, 08:28:18 pm by Jenny »
Our road was closed for 4 weeks recently, we had such a fun time watching everyone who ignored the signs turning round. Appears education in Doncaster is not what it was....

Edit - people started strategically parking their cars to stop the idiots driving over the pavements like they did for the first couple of days.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 04, 2017, 10:36:42 am by roversdude »
Unfortunately this is the society we live in
Somewhere there has to be an argument for compulsory sterilisation

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 04, 2017, 10:46:51 am by i_ateallthepies »
Unfortunately this is the society we live in
Somewhere there has to be an argument for compulsory sterilisation

:that: :that: :that: :that: :that: :that: :that: :that:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 04, 2017, 03:19:17 pm by BobG »
I'd compulsorily terminate the pillock who shot past me and a Range Rover half up the kerb while we were stopped at red lights to drove straight through. Sadly, the oncoming bus was about 5 seconds too late. I suppose if he had someone dying in his car I'd accept it, but he didn't. It was a kid in a little boy racer car with a loud exhaust.

Bob

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 04, 2017, 04:02:18 pm by Donnywolf »
Just driven to town and leaving Thorne I was going up towards the M180 following a Car and a Horsebox. Its double white lines all the way as its a blind hill

I looked in wing mirror and a Car came from the bottom of the hill in the wrong lane and overtook a Van - me - and the car and Horsebox. ANY vehicle coming from Hatfield would have had no chance

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 05, 2017, 12:25:33 am by BobG »
Overtaking uphill is an absolute cert to end in tragedy sooner or later. Keep doing that and your days really are numbered. The number of idiots I see doing it though just goes to show how thick a lot of people must be. I drive fast, but I don't drive suicidal...

BobG

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 10, 2017, 08:49:37 am by MrFrost »
Our road was closed for 4 weeks recently, we had such a fun time watching everyone who ignored the signs turning round. Appears education in Doncaster is not what it was....

Edit - people started strategically parking their cars to stop the idiots driving over the pavements like they did for the first couple of days.

Were people parking on the pavement?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 10, 2017, 10:12:45 am by roversdude »
Unbelievable - I stopped as I had pull out to pass a line of cars parked on left hand side, and I had seen a car heading towards me. Numpty behind me pulled round me only to encounter the car I had stopped for. There was now a bus and more cars behind approaching car so Mrs Numpty had to back up cursing and muttering. As more cars had gathered behind me she ended up much further back but had succeeded in adding a good 5 minutes to everyone's journey

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 10, 2017, 10:21:52 am by Donnywolf »
Remember an incident in Thorne a couple of years back where Swans and Cygnets were walking in the road from a Pond near Railway Stn ... to a Pond 100 yards away

First Car stopped to let them amble through the bridge and a few more Cars queued behind. However nothing was coming into Thorne in the opposite direction so (you have guessed) Billy the Boy racer arrives on scene as maybe 10th Car and wonders (probably) why the "cretins" in front are stopped. He drops a gear and zooms past the lot and swerves in at the front of the queue knocking down and killing every one of the Swans that the first man had so lovingly slowed down to help

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 10, 2017, 12:26:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Strategically placed near trees...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 10, 2017, 01:50:55 pm by MrFrost »

Strategically placed near trees...

Hmm, if they were parked with wheels on the path/or kerb, this is also an offence.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 10, 2017, 01:53:10 pm by MrFrost »
Unbelievable - I stopped as I had pull out to pass a line of cars parked on left hand side, and I had seen a car heading towards me. Numpty behind me pulled round me only to encounter the car I had stopped for. There was now a bus and more cars behind approaching car so Mrs Numpty had to back up cursing and muttering. As more cars had gathered behind me she ended up much further back but had succeeded in adding a good 5 minutes to everyone's journey

I find whenever I pull in to let an emergency vehcile pass, those behind me never let me pull back out into the traffic.

Fortunately I have a car now that people tend to move out of the way for.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 10, 2017, 02:40:11 pm by RedJ »
About a fortnight ago I had to pull out onto the roundabout or else I'd trap the ambulance in and some thick Kitson was absolutely livid about it.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 10, 2017, 02:59:42 pm by DaveDRFC »
The other day I was coming from the Dome back out onto Bawtry Road. Lights were on green but there was an ambulance with the siren blaring coming down Bawtry Road so I stopped to let it past, as you do. Some t**t behind me started beeping his horn because I was stopped, then when we ended up hitting the next set of lights on red he just sat there behind me furiously shaking his head.

Some people just shouldn't be let outside.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 10, 2017, 04:21:06 pm by NickDRFC »

I find whenever I pull in to let an emergency vehcile pass, those behind me never let me pull back out into the traffic.

Compensating for something?  :silly:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 10, 2017, 07:45:21 pm by The Red Baron »

A tank?

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 10, 2017, 09:37:49 pm by RedRover45 »

A pedal car ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 10, 2017, 09:45:11 pm by Filo »
Try being a professional driver, with some of these numptys that are on the roads these days

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 11, 2017, 08:21:45 am by Donnywolf »
The other day I was coming from the Dome back out onto Bawtry Road. Lights were on green but there was an ambulance with the siren blaring coming down Bawtry Road so I stopped to let it past, as you do. Some t**t behind me started beeping his horn because I was stopped, then when we ended up hitting the next set of lights on red he just sat there behind me furiously shaking his head.

Some people just shouldn't be let outside.

Quite right !

I do think people have now become daft about moving over as well though and over egg both the space they are giving and the swerve (cant spell man hoover at this time) they make to achieve that space

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 11, 2017, 09:18:11 am by roversdude »
Bridge at Sprotbrough is great, don't know how wide some people think their cars are
If it was up to me I'd put traffic lights on bridge just to deter people taking short cut through Village. Also can't believe how many drivers of heavy vehicles can't read, signage everywhere stating axle weight but still gets ignored.
Whilst I'm ranting..... New 20mph stretch outside my sons school just gets totally ignored grrrrrrrrrrrd

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 11, 2017, 12:55:40 pm by MrFrost »
Try being a professional driver, with some of these numptys that are on the roads these days

Taxi drivers are the worst.

Not sure how a certain Micks Mini Cab driver thought it was acceptable to do 55 down Sprotbrough Road. Was it you, Filo?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 11, 2017, 01:03:18 pm by Donnywolf »

Not sure how a certain Micks Mini Cab driver thought it was acceptable to do 55 down Sprotbrough Road. Was it you, Filo?

He will be taking the Taxi drivers 5th amendment ! Also has right to remain silent !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 11, 2017, 01:07:12 pm by Filo »

Nope, I would n't be going that slow 😝

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 11, 2017, 01:12:27 pm by MrFrost »
I tend not to use Micks any more, ever since they tried ripping me off

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 11, 2017, 01:17:43 pm by Filo »

Not sure why you think I work for Micks

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 11, 2017, 01:28:00 pm by MrFrost »

You certainly used to. I've been in one of your cabs.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 11, 2017, 02:04:04 pm by Filo »

You certainly used to. I've been in one of your cabs.

Wrong, never worked for Micks

Would you like to try and make another "fact" up?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:10:33 pm by Filo »

bahrain rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 11, 2017, 03:02:08 pm by bahrain rover »
Driving in Saudi Arabia, that will beat anything seen in the UK

TinyPortal © 2005-2012