Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 05:44:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Martin Mcguiness  (Read 12720 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Martin Mcguiness
« on March 21, 2017, 08:24:33 am by Filo »
Gone to join his many victims, I hope his death was as painful as those victims!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:44:55 am by Filo »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

leedshayter

• Forum Member
Re: Martin Mcguiness
« Reply #1 on March 21, 2017, 08:43:49 am by leedshayter »
Ere ere !!!

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 21, 2017, 08:52:26 am by Syme »
He's always going to divide opinions, but he was undoubtedly a man of conviction who ultimately played a key role in negotiating a lasting peace.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 21, 2017, 08:53:34 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
A horrible man but undoubtedly vital in turning the whole thing around. Can't ever make up for all those killed though.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 21, 2017, 08:59:37 am by Filo »
He's always going to divide opinions, but he was undoubtedly a man of conviction who ultimately played a key role in negotiating a lasting peace.

It seems he also played a key role in Bloody Sunday which ulitmately led to further violence during the troubles. The man was a terrorist, pure and simple! Would everyone be fawning over Bin Laden if he turned to Politics?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 21, 2017, 09:00:26 am by drfchound »
I liked the Queens comment when MM was ushered into the room to meet her.
MM asked how she was and the Queen said "well i am still alive".
I always wondered whether that was a cute response telling him that the IRA didn't get her.
She apparently is blessed with a great sense of humour.

I know it was her duty to shake his hand but i bet it hurt to do so.

I wonder when his statue will be adorning Belfast.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 21, 2017, 09:07:42 am by Filo »
Lets hope that peace of shit Gerry Adams is not to far behind him

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 21, 2017, 09:08:55 am by Syme »

It seems he also played a key role in Bloody Sunday which ulitmately led to further violence during the troubles. The man was a terrorist, pure and simple! Would everyone be fawning over Bin Laden if he turned to Politics?

If only it was pure and simple, there'd have been no problems.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 21, 2017, 09:09:49 am by not on facebook »
Got some mates from over here going across for the Northern Ireland v norway game for the weekend.

Gave them all a pre warning to wise up when out and about going pub to pub and loose lips will sink ships .

They have a list of pubs to keep to ,but when noggys get pissed they are a major pain in the backside as they think they are way above them sens

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 21, 2017, 09:11:22 am by not on facebook »
Ps I should have added that Iam pleased as fcuk that the left footer is dead ,next up Gerry Adams then it's not far from a full house.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 21, 2017, 09:11:34 am by glosterred »
I'm quite sad he's died, I'd hoped he would have suffered for longer!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 21, 2017, 09:14:34 am by not on facebook »
Will his death and funeral cause uproar across there?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 21, 2017, 10:05:51 am by GazLaz »
To be fair we have killed plenty of Irish over the last 800 years. We did start the problem! Two wrongs don't make a right though do they.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 21, 2017, 10:16:56 am by Filo »
Who alledgedly fired the first shot on Bloody Sunday?

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 21, 2017, 10:19:40 am by Syme »

On balance, British troops

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 21, 2017, 10:45:18 am by Filo »

On balance, British troops

Martin Mcguiness!

I've been 2-300 yards away from an exploding IRA car bomb in Enniskillen, two off duty British Soldiers that had been at the same fishing match as me were killed in the explosion, I had just walked past that car, I could easily have been one of that bas**rds innocent victims. Terrorist or Peacemaker?

In my eyes a Terrorist all day long, I hope is death was long and painful!

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 21, 2017, 10:52:51 am by Syme »
What are you basing that allegation on Filo? It contradicts the official findings of the Saville report which found that:

"The firing by soldiers of 1 PARA on Bloody Sunday caused the deaths of 13 people and injury to a similar number, none of whom was posing a threat of causing death or serious injury. What happened on Bloody Sunday strengthened the Provisional IRA, increased nationalist resentment and hostility towards the Army and exacerbated the violent conflict of the years that followed. Bloody Sunday was a tragedy for the bereaved and the wounded, and a catastrophe for the people of Northern Ireland"

You can pin a lot of things on McGuinness, but unfortunately there is little evidence to support what you're alleging/repeating. However it is absolutely understandable that your own horrible experiences may cloud your judgement on this somewhat.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 21, 2017, 12:07:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
What are you basing that allegation on Filo? It contradicts the official findings of the Saville report which found that:

"The firing by soldiers of 1 PARA on Bloody Sunday caused the deaths of 13 people and injury to a similar number, none of whom was posing a threat of causing death or serious injury. What happened on Bloody Sunday strengthened the Provisional IRA, increased nationalist resentment and hostility towards the Army and exacerbated the violent conflict of the years that followed. Bloody Sunday was a tragedy for the bereaved and the wounded, and a catastrophe for the people of Northern Ireland"

You can pin a lot of things on McGuinness, but unfortunately there is little evidence to support what you're alleging/repeating. However it is absolutely understandable that your own horrible experiences may cloud your judgement on this somewhat.

Ah, but you can allege as much as you like and eventually it'll stick...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 21, 2017, 01:25:48 pm by Filo »

He was IRA commander, he sanctioned and probably commited the murders of many people in Northern Ireland and on the mainland UK. Today he takes those secrets of what he has done to the grave! He ended his political carreer in January on the pretext of a disagreement with the NI first minister, he refused to nominate a successor to his position, thats hardly condusive to the power sharing a agreement he supposedly work hard for was it?

He commited to peace to save his own skin and avoid jail, when he knew he was dying he resigned and blamed the first minister and threw Northern Ireland back in to uncertainty!

ballysbackin

« Reply #19 on March 21, 2017, 01:31:25 pm by ballysbackin »
I am a Catholic but not a Mass Murderer. There will be trouble on the streets over his death. Some do not want Peace. I go plenty and there is still sectarianism in both N.I. and the Republic.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 21, 2017, 01:35:57 pm by RedRover45 »
I went last year. There are still some towns and villages in the backwoods that you just don't go to. They can almost smell that you're English.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 21, 2017, 01:44:33 pm by Syme »
So will you retract your claim about Bloody Sunday Filo? It undermines your other claims if you're happy to just regurgitate any old nonsense.

Anyway, there's no doubting the man has a brutal past and i can understand entirely why some would never see past it. I myself regard him as a product of his environment who fought for what he believed in and then conceded that the pen is mightier than the sword.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 21, 2017, 01:49:17 pm by Filo »
I went last year. There are still some towns and villages in the backwoods that you just don't go to. They can almost smell that you're English.

I went to Northern Ireland many times during the troubles and stopped in Bandit Country just over the border in Ireland, we got threatened once in a place called Fenagh by some so called IRA sympathisers, when the local community leaders got wind of the threat they held a reception for us by way of an apology, they were embarressed by the behavoir of some of their local nutters. They weren't interested in the IRA stuff at all. The normal Irish both north and south of the border are some of the most hospitable people I've ever met, it's a shame murdering bas**rds like Mcguiness give them a bad name

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 21, 2017, 02:33:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

He was IRA commander, he sanctioned and probably commited the murders of many people in Northern Ireland and on the mainland UK. Today he takes those secrets of what he has done to the grave! He ended his political carreer in January on the pretext of a disagreement with the NI first minister, he refused to nominate a successor to his position, thats hardly condusive to the power sharing a agreement he supposedly work hard for was it?

He commited to peace to save his own skin and avoid jail, when he knew he was dying he resigned and blamed the first minister and threw Northern Ireland back in to uncertainty!

I don't disagree with much of what you've just written (I do disagree about his motives for resigning because I see no reason or advantage that Sinn Fein would get from triggering a process that would mean they lost the power they share when it reverts to London), but what's that got to do with the allegation you made?

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 21, 2017, 02:37:53 pm by Hounslowrover »
As a terrorist, there were undoubtedly lives of innocent people lost, but by becoming a politician, many lives have been saved because of the NI peace agreement.  Remember it's usually the victors who decide who is the terrorist, Mandela being one before being released and becoming a leader.  Wasn't the Irish president De Valera considered a terrorist too.
It's not all black and white and easy to judge.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 21, 2017, 02:38:31 pm by Filo »

I don't disagree with much of what you've just written (I do disagree about his motives for resigning because I see no reason or advantage that Sinn Fein would get from triggering a process that would mean they lost the power they share when it reverts to London), but what's that got to do with the allegation you made?

It wasn't about what was good for Sinn Fein, it was about what was good for Mcguiness

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 21, 2017, 02:47:05 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

It wasn't about what was good for Sinn Fein, it was about what was good for Mcguiness

Well, considering that he was dying, what good did he get out of it when he would have left a better reputation by dying in office?

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 21, 2017, 02:50:00 pm by Syme »
Filo, you don't seem to be inclined to withdraw your allegation. That's your choice, and again i can understand your distaste for the man, but i never understand why people choose to ignore the facts as they are presented. It's Trump-like.

You've made an incredibly provocative claim, or at least repeated one, it's found to have no basis in reality, and yet rather than admit your mistake you choose to try and move the conversation on to something else more to your liking.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 21, 2017, 05:22:56 pm by not on facebook »
Now we have Gerry Adams on the news spouting shite .

Two of the most vile members of our history in recent times ,one down and one to go is the one possitive .

Feal sick at watching mourners following the coffin of MM as if they have lost a loved one.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 21, 2017, 05:31:10 pm by Syme »
Personally I have far more admiration for people who fight for a cause than for people who fight because they can't handle their beer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012