Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 07:42:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Martin Mcguiness  (Read 12746 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Martin Mcguiness
« Reply #30 on March 21, 2017, 05:31:26 pm by Filo »
Now we have Gerry Adams on the news spouting shite .

Two of the most vile members of our history in recent times ,one down and one to go is the one possitive .

Feal sick at watching mourners following the coffin of MM as if they have lost a loved one.

I wonder if there'll be a para military funeral, balaclava's and guns etc.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 21, 2017, 05:34:54 pm by not on facebook »
Personally I have far more admiration for people who fight for a cause than for people who fight because they can't handle their beer.

Beer had nothing to do with if you informed fool

So you look upto likes of adams and MM who had dealings with that chip shop bombing in the north west of England ,to only mention one event.

Wonder if you have same admiration if it was your child caught up in said bombing .

I like to think you only posted that b*llocks just to get a bite from me?

If not please feal free to go and jump under a slow moving train.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:44:05 pm by not on facebook »

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 21, 2017, 05:37:18 pm by Syme »
Personally I have far more admiration for people who fight for a cause than for people who fight because they can't handle their beer.

Beer had nothing to do with if you informed fool

Nothing to do with what? Did I mention you?

I know you have a penchant for wanting to knock out strangers but perhaps you could try posting without insulting people in future.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 21, 2017, 05:46:12 pm by not on facebook »

Two of the most vile members of our history in recent times ,one down and one to go is the one possitive .

Feal sick at watching mourners following the coffin of MM as if they have lost a loved one.

If there was I doubt it would be stopped

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 21, 2017, 05:48:24 pm by Filo »

If there was I doubt it would be stopped

I doubt it would be stopped either, but if it did happen it would piss in the notion that he had abandoned the gun

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 21, 2017, 05:51:56 pm by not on facebook »
Well is it not Irish custom to be burried by the 3rd day .

If so we will soon see what sky news offers us.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 21, 2017, 05:55:11 pm by Filo »
Thurday afternoon the Funeral

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 21, 2017, 06:02:54 pm by Draytonian III »
Got some mates from over here going across for the Northern Ireland v norway game for the weekend.

Gave them all a pre warning to wise up when out and about going pub to pub and loose lips will sink ships .

They have a list of pubs to keep to ,but when noggys get pissed they are a major pain in the backside as they think they are way above them sens

Do you have a list of pubs for every town and city in Europe ? There are good and bad areas in most places.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 21, 2017, 07:13:53 pm by not on facebook »
Got some mates from over here going across for the Northern Ireland v norway game for the weekend.

Gave them all a pre warning to wise up when out and about going pub to pub and loose lips will sink ships .

They have a list of pubs to keep to ,but when noggys get pissed they are a major pain in the backside as they think they are way above them sens

Do you have a list of pubs for every town and city in Europe ? There are good and bad areas in most places.

No I don't have a list of pubs from whatever European city.

This is how it works

Mate from oslo tells us he is going to the northern ireland game with some mates.he asks me what are best and most important safest pubs to drink in or not to drink in .

I call a mate at whatever club who I know spends a lot of time out there and he gives me the low down on what's the best and safest pub as I have vouched for the Norwegian lads .

They have been pre warned not to fcuk about out there and to  enjoy their trip, as they now have a local contact number and will be looked after.

I do recall back in the 1980s that at certian times in certian pubs that collection tins were handed out by not very nice men for collection money towards the ira around the KingsX area in London.

For obvious reasons you would allways stay well clear of such pubs
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 07:31:59 pm by not on facebook »

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 21, 2017, 07:56:58 pm by i_ateallthepies »
It is my opinion for what it is worth that McGuiness was heavily involved in the violence over many years.  Nevertheless, the sectarian hatred in NI was so deep seated that for anyone to stand any chance of leading the Republicans to peace they had to have total credibility amongst even the most militant of them. 
Nobody other than McGuiness and Adams could have brought the IRA to heel.  In that sense, they were consulate politicians.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 21, 2017, 09:57:09 pm by not on facebook »
It's bonfire night and party's down sandy row now ,not looking good on the tension front I guess

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 21, 2017, 10:06:52 pm by not on facebook »
RTE 1 channel seem to be finding only good things to say about MM at the moment .

Interesting viewing mind you

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 21, 2017, 10:23:44 pm by Dagenham Rover »

No I don't have a list of pubs from whatever European city.

This is how it works

Mate from oslo tells us he is going to the northern ireland game with some mates.he asks me what are best and most important safest pubs to drink in or not to drink in .

I call a mate at whatever club who I know spends a lot of time out there and he gives me the low down on what's the best and safest pub as I have vouched for the Norwegian lads .

They have been pre warned not to fcuk about out there and to  enjoy their trip, as they now have a local contact number and will be looked after.

I do recall back in the 1980s that at certian times in certian pubs that collection tins were handed out by not very nice men for collection money towards the ira around the KingsX area in London.

For obvious reasons you would allways stay well clear of such pubs
aye and gawd help you if you refused to "donate"

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 21, 2017, 10:33:56 pm by not on facebook »
I never stayed in said pubd to find out ,just got a warning by some mates down that neck of woods when I would drink round kingsX waiting for whatever train back home.

Got to the point you could near enough set your watch when the collectors would come round so KFC was the place.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 21, 2017, 10:35:52 pm by drfchound »
Many years ago my dad went over to Ireland to visit relatives.
They were in a pub one night when the balaclava heads came in with collection buckets.
The relatives advised dad to put some money in the buckets and not to speak or even look at the men.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 21, 2017, 10:42:11 pm by not on facebook »
My guess  is that this went on at the catholic club opposite the coal house and the Irish club just round the corner ,but it was a lot more under the table or not in your face .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 22, 2017, 07:54:10 am by drfchound »
I have no idea where it happened but he did say it was quite frightening and was very much in his face.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 22, 2017, 09:34:55 am by not on facebook »
The catholic club and Irish club was two  clubs in Doncaster me DRFChound.

I know that the catholic club no longer stands ,but as I said my guess is that they had quite not in your face collections for the cause many moons ago.

I have been in there with relatives when I was much younger and some things back then still don't sit right with me.

Infact I have cutt my links off with that side of the family

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 22, 2017, 10:14:17 am by idler »
We did the boiler replacement at the old Catholic club when it was on the corner near Silver Street, Nether Hall Road.
Regular about 3 o' clockish a sergeant and PC would come in and have a pint in the little back room.
How times have changed since 1965.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 22, 2017, 10:55:21 am by The Red Baron »
RTE 1 channel seem to be finding only good things to say about MM at the moment .

Interesting viewing mind you

I wonder if they found as many good things to say as the BBC did yesterday? I thought some sort of Saint had died.

I accept McGuinness did play an important part in the peace process and to me seemed to become better reconciled to it than quite a few ex IRA people did. I think that is why he, rather than Gerry Adams, became the public face of Sinn Fein, at least in Northern Ireland.

But he never expressed regret or sorrow for the innocent people who died as a result of activities in which he was personally involved. By that I mean civilians, both in Ireland and in Britain.

For that reason I can't feel any great sorrow at his passing.

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 22, 2017, 12:04:04 pm by Susan Abbott »
He's always going to divide opinions, but he was undoubtedly a man of conviction who ultimately played a key role in negotiating a lasting peace.
He threw in the towel once he new his time was up as a bomber to avoid being sent away for a long time . Death followed that man around and it caught him up finally , now that's justice . 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ballysbackin

« Reply #51 on March 22, 2017, 12:50:11 pm by ballysbackin »
 He is DEAD, forget him

BUT never forget those who died at his and his parties hands. They are the ones who should be remembered.

The reason why RTE and Public Figures are saying nice things about him is because they would no doubt be singled out for a bullet or bomb if otherwise. He and Adams are the same, both are murderers both went into Politics to avoid a similar fate to others. Unlike Bernadette Devlin who went into Politics and was shot in her own home (survived and left Politics eventually)

Adams a Politician in the Republic and Mc G. in the North attempting to pull the two halves of the country together for a United Ireland. _ If Home Rule was to be achieved (and I personally would like it to happen and Peace made) then you will always have those who do not want it. They do / Do Not wish to be governed by and Englishman as we are called.. And certainly in the North they do not want to be governed by the Catholics who are the minority but in a United Ireland it would be the Protestants who are the minority.

And before we go on about who fired the first shot in The Bloody Sunday Event. ask Who fired the First Shot in the Easter Rising. The only person to face the blame is Cromwell.

I have sat in houses, pubs and weddings over there in the South (Free State as it is) and been subject to abuse because I am an Englishman. y answer was always the same..It was not me who  started all this it was Oliver CRomwell 400 years ago. I was not even born.

Just another story - It's the Way I Tellem.

Grandparents from Mayo
Wife from Donegal
Son is Irish Citizen.    You think that makes you safe there??????

Forget Mc G.

ballysbackin

« Reply #52 on March 22, 2017, 01:03:40 pm by ballysbackin »
What did I Say.

In today's Breaking News.

A device that exploded in Strabane, County Tyrone, was an attempt to kill police officers, the PSNI has said.
A device exploded while officers were on patrol on Tuesday night, police said.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 22, 2017, 09:40:22 pm by BobG »
Is no one going to state the bleeding obvious then?

The guy had a past that many don't like. But he turned away. he changed approach and, even more importantly, he brought almost an entire underground army with him. If nothing else, that deserves a bit of credit. Without Martin McGuinness and what he did, we would be fighting in Northern Ireland now.

And one other thought: freedom fighters, of whatever persuasion, always piss off those they are fighting. Nelson Mandela was a terrorist once. I think it's 4 Prime Ministers of Israel have been locked up inside British prisons as terrorists. It's all a question of ones point of view. If I were an exploited, ignored, vilified and downtrodden Roman Catholic in the Bogside in the 1960's and 1970's I might well have taken up arms in an attempt to stop the bas**rd B Specials kicking shit out of any Catholic they felt like. It all depends where you are standing.....

BobG
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:44:48 pm by BobG »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 22, 2017, 10:59:45 pm by idler »
Killing innocent people will never solve anything.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 22, 2017, 11:08:53 pm by Syme »
Killing innocent people will never solve anything.

Pacific War, World War 2?

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 23, 2017, 01:05:17 am by CrippyCooke »

The guy had a past that many don't like. But he turned away. he changed approach and, even more importantly, he brought almost an entire underground army with him. If nothing else, that deserves a bit of credit. Without Martin McGuinness and what he did, we would be fighting in Northern Ireland now.

And one other thought: freedom fighters, of whatever persuasion, always piss of those they are fighting. Nelson Mandela was a terrorist once. I think it's 4 Prime Ministers of Israel have been locked up inside British prisons as terrorists. It's all a question of ones point of view. If I were an exploited, ignored, vilified and downtrodden Roman Catholic in the Bogside in the 1960's and 1970's I might well have taken up arms in an attempt to stop the bas**rd B Specials kicking shit out of any Catholic they felt like. It all depends where you are standing.....

BobG

Spot on.

I find it utterly nauseating that people still refuse to acknowledge any atrocities took place at the hands of, or in collaboration with, the British armed forces.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 23, 2017, 05:55:16 pm by i_ateallthepies »

And one other thought: freedom fighters, of whatever persuasion, always piss of those they are fighting. Nelson Mandela was a terrorist once. I think it's 4 Prime Ministers of Israel have been locked up inside British prisons as terrorists. It's all a question of ones point of view. If I were an exploited, ignored, vilified and downtrodden Roman Catholic in the Bogside in the 1960's and 1970's I might well have taken up arms in an attempt to stop the bas**rd B Specials kicking shit out of any Catholic they felt like. It all depends where you are standing.....

BobG

I thought post No.39 was a similar acknowledgement Bob, not written as well as you did mind.  BTW 'consulate' was meant to be consummate,

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 23, 2017, 10:52:50 pm by BobG »
:):):)

I did giggle at 'consulate' Pies. I knew what you meant though.

And yes. My apologies  to you Pies. I did read Post 39 - and then in the white hot heat of creation, I forgot about it.

You know what I find nauseating about way too many comments generally about Martin McGuiness? That everybody shouts, loudly, how they despise, hate, loathe, (pick your own), the man beacuse of what he once did, yet when he returns to the fold, bringing an entire religion with him, we continue to despise him. Anyone would think that being directly responsible for endingthe  fear, torture and death practised over decades by both sides is of no value whatever. Weird or what? You may not like the bloke. But he played a seminal role in ending something that, ultimately, was caused by the leadership of this United Kingdom. Despite his past, he ended up being one of the most important, and effective, politicians this country has seen in the last 60 years.

You don't have to like the guy. But you do have to be honest. When it's only weaknesses that dominate the agenda why would anyone ever choose to do anything positive? We are all a mix of good and bad, positive and negative. Focussing on one to the exclusion of the other simply demonstrates a crippling narrowness of thinking.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012