Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 08:01:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Martin Mcguiness  (Read 12756 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Martin Mcguiness
« Reply #60 on March 23, 2017, 11:17:42 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well I avoided being blown up in the Kings arms at Woolwich purely because I'd arranged to meet a local lass in the Queen Vic 500 yds down the road Ive had fridges launched out of the windows of the xnthh floor of the Divis flats at me, we drove into a ta barracks and they shot the poor lad that opened the gate for us (but that was his fault cos he "showed" himself while opening the gate according to some) I was sat in a pub ironically called the bag of nails round the back of Buck house before being on duty at a garden party when they blew the band up at Regents Park .........Am I sorry to see him go am i feck

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 23, 2017, 11:29:46 pm by not on facebook »
Well said dagerham rover ,far too many w**kers on this thread in my humble opinion

ballysbackin

« Reply #62 on March 24, 2017, 11:06:00 am by ballysbackin »
How anyone on here can really and truly have nothing but disdain for him is unbelievable. Either never been involved in anything, or never been approached by the balaclava brigade demanding money for the cause. Being almost blown up. Or been the only Englishman in a pub of rebel singers bleating about hating the English and finally being briefed to keep your mouth shut by SB before you go over the pond and interviewed when you came back. Then the people who this includes knows very well why you can never forgive the IRA in any entity for Adams - Mc Guinness or any of them. They are at war with the UK. County Donegal where I go is a hotbed and truly "Bandit Country"

Irish in KIltimagh where my grandad came from spoke to me UNTIL they asked my late wife (Irish) if I was an American, she replied "English" they were gone. Because even they are afraid to be caught speaking to English.. Yes it has got better BUT be assured there is still plenty going off and the current political argument is purely not in the name of peace, it is to put Westminster in a difficult position.

Give Ireland (an Island) total Independence and see - So all you do -gooders Pick the Bones out of that.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on March 24, 2017, 12:42:12 pm by glosterred »
This

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 24, 2017, 02:47:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
How anyone on here can really and truly have nothing but disdain for him is unbelievable. Either never been involved in anything, or never been approached by the balaclava brigade demanding money for the cause. Being almost blown up. Or been the only Englishman in a pub of rebel singers bleating about hating the English and finally being briefed to keep your mouth shut by SB before you go over the pond and interviewed when you came back. Then the people who this includes knows very well why you can never forgive the IRA in any entity for Adams - Mc Guinness or any of them. They are at war with the UK. County Donegal where I go is a hotbed and truly "Bandit Country"

Irish in KIltimagh where my grandad came from spoke to me UNTIL they asked my late wife (Irish) if I was an American, she replied "English" they were gone. Because even they are afraid to be caught speaking to English.. Yes it has got better BUT be assured there is still plenty going off and the current political argument is purely not in the name of peace, it is to put Westminster in a difficult position.

Give Ireland (an Island) total Independence and see - So all you do -gooders Pick the Bones out of that.

Only in a country such as ours, where you're allowed to speak your mind without fear of retribution would you find so many of its residents brave enough to condemn it.

ballysbackin

« Reply #65 on March 24, 2017, 04:06:08 pm by ballysbackin »
BB you do not have to tell me that, The look on peoples faces in the pub tell it all. I came out of Mass one Sunday morning in 1978 ish. The Police Station accross from it had a man with a megaphone preaching the Gospel according to Bobby Sands who was on a hunger strike.  I blasted the car horn as we passed alongside, the fear of my passengers was apparent "We have to live here" I was told. (Probably stupid)
I got married in Donegal on a Friday in August and the next day a British army officer who got married in Dublin was shot on the church steps but luckily survived. This was told me at a security post in Ballyshannon by the Guards and two British soldiers training a machine gun om my car which had English plates. Did I tell them I was a Catholic and a Policeman. You Guess - I would have been alright saying I was Catholic But....As I was warned.."You never know who you are talking to even in the Guards (Police)  Sound Advice - the locals know me and know my wifes family. So generally there are no problems. I cannot say that if they knew my previous employment.

Yes they still are frightened.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on March 24, 2017, 04:30:23 pm by drfchound »
I cringed when watching Gerry Adams on the news this morning.
In his speech at the funeral he said "Martin McGuinnes was not a terrorist".

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on March 24, 2017, 05:17:00 pm by Filo »

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

ballysbackin

« Reply #68 on March 24, 2017, 05:54:42 pm by ballysbackin »
Well they both held hands many times in The Cause.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on March 24, 2017, 06:26:30 pm by Draytonian III »
I'm not going to the Plymouth game, I'll be Belfast for 4 days,going to Northern Ireland vs Norway.

ballysbackin

« Reply #70 on March 24, 2017, 06:28:10 pm by ballysbackin »
Enjoy the Craic

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on March 24, 2017, 06:50:51 pm by Draytonian III »
It's not a one off trip , I spend a lot of time there, and the only thing I don't enjoy is the " diddly - dee music " that they play in some of pubs/bars
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:20:22 pm by Draytonian III »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on March 24, 2017, 06:53:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Am I wrong in thinking freedom fighters target the military, whereas terrorists target civilians?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 24, 2017, 07:37:06 pm by Mr1Croft »
Martin McGuinness leaves a peaceful Northern Ireland, free from British Imperialism, and the Political arm of the IRA on the verge of majority control in Northern Ireland. Within that statement there are 3 notions that decades ago nobody thought was remotely possible. Regardless of your opinion of the guy, he leaves arguably one of the biggest legacies of any political leaders in the modern era.

The sad truth is that in any conflict there is no goodies and baddies. The entire saga of the Irish conflict in the 20th century both in the South and the North left behind gallons and gallons of innocent blood spilt both in mainland Britain and throughout Ireland. We can't defend the British Paratroopers involvement in the Bloody Sunday killings anymore than we can defend the atrocities carried out by the IRA.

What I will say however, is that someone like Martin McGuinness who fought for a cause on the frontline and then entered politics to find common ground, tolerance and peace earns far more of my respects than say, Tony Blair. Who ran for public office, misled Parliament and orchestrated an invasion that cost over half a million innocent lives. Of those two men, which one is the freedom fighter, and who is the terrorist?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on March 24, 2017, 08:51:54 pm by hoolahoop »

What a fecking stupid thing to say - he was no Che Guevara. Pleased he's gone , freedom fighter he definitely wasn't !

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 24, 2017, 09:21:50 pm by Syme »
To you he wasn't hoolahoop, but to others he may well have been.

ballysbackin

« Reply #76 on March 24, 2017, 09:25:24 pm by ballysbackin »
Yes, I agree totally Syme -  He died on Tuesday.. On Tuesday night in Strabane there was a bomb attack on the Police, clearly aimed at killing.
Last night two lads were hurt in Craigavon when a petrol bomb was thrown through the window of their house.

Strange is that. I suppose though it could be coincidence that these issues happened, perhaps they would have if he had not died and been made a martyr by some. And perhaps just perhaps not everybody has that opinion.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on March 24, 2017, 09:45:21 pm by not on facebook »
I felt phyiscal sick when I saw Clinton and Adams walking just about hand in hand in the church.

Them Americans really pissed me off over the years as succsesive British governments tried their upmost to get every USA president to denounce the ira .

Shit loads of money was been raised across the pond by plastic micks ,for the ira then to buy weapons and bomb U.K. Mainland and kill British troops in ire.

No president would denounce the ira because it will cost them votes.

With America never having to suffer Mainland terror attacks on home soil the money flowed in to ira.

Then the yanks had to deal with the twin towers  and bascially straight after they woke up and smelt the coffee and money stopped been sent across to ira.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 24, 2017, 10:12:21 pm by Syme »
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-raised-12-million-in-the-united-states-1.2126033

Still flowing to Sinn Féin. With circa 40 million Irish-Americans there'll always be a healthy pool to draw from.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on March 24, 2017, 10:38:54 pm by Draytonian III »
The petrol bomb in Craigavon had little or nothing to do with political or religious issues.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 24, 2017, 11:16:29 pm by not on facebook »
The petrol bomb in Craigavon had little or nothing to do with political or religious issues.

Them nerwegian lads are catching up with some linfield lads on Saturday to watch their wherever it's been played.

That rangers bar you mentioned ,you should see a Norwegian flag that's hung up in it,that's a close
friends of mine.he is allways across in that neck of the woods.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on March 24, 2017, 11:29:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-raised-12-million-in-the-united-states-1.2126033

Still flowing to Sinn Féin. With circa 40 million Irish-Americans there'll always be a healthy pool to draw from.

Not to mention all the money from most of the smuggled fags sold cheap in Britain. I hope those of you who buy them thinking you're sticking two fingers up to the government can sleep  soundly with a clear conscience knowing where your money is really going.

ballysbackin

« Reply #82 on March 25, 2017, 07:29:36 am by ballysbackin »

And you know how ????????

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on March 25, 2017, 07:33:10 am by Filo »

What a fecking stupid thing to say - he was no Che Guevara. Pleased he's gone , freedom fighter he definitely wasn't !

In case you haven't read the whole thread,I am of the same opinion as you regarding the man. I don't see whats stupid about that statement, to me he was a terrorist, to Gerry Adams and his apologists for him, he was a freedom fighter

ballysbackin

« Reply #84 on March 25, 2017, 07:35:09 am by ballysbackin »

Impressive research - not bad for someone who berated myself for searching the internet to back up my argument then Syme. "I have been waiting old pal"

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 25, 2017, 08:26:26 am by Syme »
It's not that impressive to use Google to be honest bally1950. Be an old mate and remind me where I berated you for your search engine prowess?

ballysbackin

« Reply #86 on March 25, 2017, 10:20:30 am by ballysbackin »
That a notice of your intention is it, then I am right. You are a CLOT xxxxxx

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on March 25, 2017, 10:33:38 am by Syme »
Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure it makes sense to you.

ballysbackin

« Reply #88 on March 25, 2017, 10:35:12 am by ballysbackin »
I have made my last statement on the subject. :that: :that: :that: :that: :that:

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on March 25, 2017, 10:42:35 am by Syme »
And what a powerful one it was.

There's something slightly nostalgic about the schoolyard nature of some of these posts. Twit, plum, clot...

Of course, it goes without saying, I know you are, you said you are, but what am I.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012