Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 07:09:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: London Attack  (Read 6647 times)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
London Attack
« on March 22, 2017, 04:48:26 pm by Mike_F »
Car driven at pedestrians on Westminster Bridge and a police office stabbed outside St. James' Palace. Kitsons.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: London Attack
« Reply #1 on March 22, 2017, 05:00:15 pm by MrFrost »
Spent a large chunk of last year working and living in London. Didn't feel safe at all down there.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 22, 2017, 05:01:12 pm by RoversAlias »
Had a horrible 45 minutes after hearing of the attack trying to get through to my partner, who by sheer misfortune happens to be in London on this one day. She and her mum are safe thankfully. It's just awful.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 22, 2017, 05:14:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
 One year to the day since the suicide bombings at Brussel's Zaventem airport and Maelbeek metro station.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 22, 2017, 05:27:22 pm by Syme »
If indeed this proves to be a terrorist attack, which I don't think we know for sure just yet, then it is almost impossible to prevent this sort of thing from occuring.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 22, 2017, 05:36:19 pm by mushRTID »
JUst shown up sky news the suspect being stretchered away probably still alive.

Why do we bother treating him!

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 22, 2017, 05:41:02 pm by Syme »
Two reasons really.

One is that medical professionals are supposed to put their prejudices or preconceptions to one side and just try and give help to anyone who is in need without discrimination - regardless of how they came to be in that position.

And two is, if it is a terror attack, the intelligence you'd get from someone who is alive is likely to be better than that from someone who is dead.

ballysbackin

« Reply #7 on March 22, 2017, 05:58:58 pm by ballysbackin »
And then we get The Civil Rights Mob  "Was was it necessary to kill him"? plus in my opinion "Why put a Policeman in danger of being jailed for murder or manslaughter " and there are many on this site who would go down that route.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 22, 2017, 06:16:27 pm by MrFrost »
He's dead now. May he rot in hell

ballysbackin

« Reply #9 on March 22, 2017, 06:20:42 pm by ballysbackin »
Yes. He killed four innocent people and injured many more.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 22, 2017, 06:21:44 pm by Belle_Vue »
This guy is worse than McCormick

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 22, 2017, 06:28:44 pm by not on facebook »
JUst shown up sky news the suspect being stretchered away probably still alive.

Why do we bother treating him!

They should knock the fcuker clean out  and lob him off the stretcher into the Thames

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 22, 2017, 06:30:20 pm by not on facebook »
And then we get The Civil Rights Mob  "Was was it necessary to kill him"? plus in my opinion "Why put a Policeman in danger of being jailed for murder or manslaughter " and there are many on this site who would go down that route.

Count me out on human rights for the fcuker

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 22, 2017, 06:30:51 pm by RedJ »

Can honestly say I haven't seen a single person say this.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 22, 2017, 06:34:07 pm by CrippyCooke »

This is absolute nonsense from Bally. Of course, it's beneficial from the point of view of the investigation that the perpetrator survives but nobody will question why the police took the action they did.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 22, 2017, 06:41:58 pm by Syme »
It's a matter of hours since these tragic events occured and it's not even been confirmed as a terrorist attack. Nevertheless, the usual suspects on here are already dishing out their own brand of 'justice'.

ballysbackin

« Reply #16 on March 22, 2017, 06:43:25 pm by ballysbackin »

This is absolute nonsense from Bally. Of course, it's beneficial from the point of view of the investigation that the perpetrator survives but nobody will question why the police took the action they did.

I think you should read over certain very recent posts on this site, there is certainly an anti - police brigade on here. PLUS History will tell why was it necessary to fire three or four shots into him when one to the arm or leg could have stopped him. But you obviously know more than me. And as I have been told I speak nonsense I will not post further on this subject. I thank U

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 22, 2017, 06:57:35 pm by Lipsy »
This sort of fighting (albeit from the safety of a keyboard) is precisely what bas**rds like the one who committed this despicable act want. They want to divide people and they want us to hate in the same way they do.

I hope that, given that it's the anniversary of the Brussels bombings, there isn't more to come.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 22, 2017, 07:02:18 pm by MrFrost »
It's a matter of hours since these tragic events occured and it's not even been confirmed as a terrorist attack. Nevertheless, the usual suspects on here are already dishing out their own brand of 'justice'.

It is confirmed. The authorities will know exactly who he is by now.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 22, 2017, 07:06:32 pm by Filo »
Given the firepower surrounding Westminster, HoP stil on lockdown, the deployment of the Counter Terrorism Unit, i reckon it's a safe bet it terrorism, the Security Services have probably already identified the attacker, if he weren't a terror suspect many of those Security Services will have been stood down by now

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 22, 2017, 07:09:24 pm by Syme »
Where has it been confirmed? I saw they were treating it as a terrorist incident, given the nature of what's happened and the location, but I haven't seen it confirmed as such.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 22, 2017, 07:13:28 pm by Lipsy »
And this is where is gets sinister... I saw this tweeted about earlier on, but I couldn't really make sense of it. However, the coordinates of the attack were apparently posted on a message board yesterday. A clearer/more level-headed explanation is given here: http://gizmodo.com/coded-4chan-post-hinted-at-westminster-attack-a-day-in-1793527996

It could be coincidence, of course.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 22, 2017, 07:14:03 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I think someone is confusing being anti-illegal police action with being anti-police.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 22, 2017, 07:17:20 pm by MrFrost »
Where has it been confirmed? I saw they were treating it as a terrorist incident, given the nature of what's happened and the location, but I haven't seen it confirmed as such.

The Met Police are now calling it a terrorist attack, rather than referring to it as one.

Are you really going split hairs about this? Have a bit of decorum.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 22, 2017, 07:19:59 pm by Syme »
Again, could you point me to where as I can't see anything official on this, from the Met Police or otherwise?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 22, 2017, 07:21:49 pm by Filo »
Sky news are reporting that the Police have identified the attacker, Counter Terrorism Unit still deployed, draw your own conclusions

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 22, 2017, 07:24:10 pm by MrFrost »
Again, could you point me to where as I can't see anything official on this, from the Met Police or otherwise?

Listen to the head of the Met.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 22, 2017, 07:25:07 pm by Syme »
I prefer not to draw conclusions on such an incredibly important and emotive matter. I'll let the experts deal with it and await their findings.

Mr Frost - I have checked the Met website and Twitter feed. They both refer to this as an incident.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 22, 2017, 07:30:16 pm by MrFrost »
I prefer not to draw conclusions on such an incredibly important and emotive matter. I'll let the experts deal with it and await their findings.

Mr Frost - I have checked the Met website and Twitter feed. They both refer to this as an incident.

Listen to his interview

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 22, 2017, 07:31:50 pm by Syme »
I have. They declared it a terrorist incident, which is their default position. They have not confirmed anything.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012