Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 07:04:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: London Attack  (Read 6643 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: London Attack
« Reply #30 on March 22, 2017, 07:32:48 pm by MrFrost »
I have. They declared it a terrorist incident, which is their default position. They have not confirmed anything.

Define a terrorist attack for me would you?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 22, 2017, 07:34:41 pm by GazLaz »
It's one of the most high profile terror preachers in the country that's done it. Shows security and intelligence services are not fit for purpose.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 22, 2017, 07:35:35 pm by MrFrost »
It's one of the most high profile terror preachers in the country that's done it. Shows security and intelligence services are not fit for purpose.

Oh give over would you. How many attacks have they prevented since 7/7?

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 22, 2017, 07:37:56 pm by Syme »
That's a very good question Mr Frost. It's semantics isn't it ultimately. But in this instance I would await confirmation from the Met Police or the Government that there has been a "terrorist attack".

Until that time I don't think it's very useful to be second guessing and getting worked up about who to blame, as inevitably there's only one way that conversation will go, and it will be of an increasingly divisive nature.

There remains the possibility, as far as I'm concerned, that this could have been an individual with a serious mental health issue, but no political axe to grind as such. In that scenario, this would not be a terrorist attack and I would hope people wouldn't be so quick to hope the perpertrator "rots in hell etc."

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 22, 2017, 07:39:04 pm by Filo »
A British born hate preacher!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 22, 2017, 07:43:54 pm by MrFrost »
That's a very good question Mr Frost. It's semantics isn't it ultimately. But in this instance I would await confirmation from the Met Police or the Government that there has been a "terrorist attack".

Until that time I don't think it's very useful to be second guessing and getting worked up about who to blame, as inevitably there's only one way that conversation will go, and it will be of an increasingly divisive nature.

There remains the possibility, as far as I'm concerned, that this could have been an individual with a serious mental health issue, but no political axe to grind as such. In that scenario, this would not be a terrorist attack and I would hope people wouldn't be so quick to hope the perpertrator "rots in hell etc."

OK, fair enough.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 22, 2017, 07:44:59 pm by Syme »

There is a name trending on Twitter - but there are also reports that he is still in jail.

So it seems it's still as clear as mud as to what's gone on.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 22, 2017, 07:47:53 pm by mushRTID »
The mayor has called it a terror attack

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 22, 2017, 07:52:00 pm by not on facebook »
Don't matter if was a terrorist or not ,it was correct to shot dead the idiot involved.

You don't need a court appearance to find out if he/ she is guilty after ploughing a car into the public and stabbing a officer .

Saves the human rights fcukers having a platform and brief fees and also leaves a bed not taken in the crammed prisons .

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 22, 2017, 07:52:09 pm by MachoMadness »
The Met Police haven't confirmed it so we don't know who did it. Didn't this just happen in Berlin last year? And then the attacker got away but because there was so much hysteria surrounding the wrong suspect, the manhunt was severely hindered and the attacker went on the run for days?

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 22, 2017, 07:53:20 pm by Syme »
In the statement I saw from the Mayor he said, like the Met, it was being treated as a terrorist attack. Not that it was one.

I've made my point, I'll leave it at that, as ultimately people hear what they want to hear.

Whatever has happened though, this is a very, very sad day for this country.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 22, 2017, 07:55:03 pm by RedJ »
Don't matter if was a terrorist or not ,it was correct to shot dead the idiot involved.

You don't need a court appearance to find out if he/ she is guilty after ploughing a car into the public and stabbing a officer .

Saves the human rights fcukers having a platform and brief fees and also leaves a bed not taken in the crammed prisons .

Again I'm yet to see anybody claim the police shouldn't have shot him.

Seems like some people are desperate for people to be offended about it so they can in turn be offended that people are offended.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 22, 2017, 07:56:37 pm by not on facebook »
It must be a terror attack as likes of William hills ladbrooks sky bet etc etc have closed all books on it been terror related ,and the bookies are never wrong

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 22, 2017, 07:57:38 pm by drfchound »

......and cost the taxpayers millions to keep the prick for the next thirty years.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 22, 2017, 07:58:24 pm by not on facebook »

Not read the whole thread just making my point on this and any future act of this type

Seems like some people are desperate for people to be offended about it so they can in turn be offended that people are offended.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 22, 2017, 07:59:40 pm by not on facebook »

Exactly DRFCHOUND exactly

......and cost the taxpayers millions to keep the prick for the next thirty years.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 22, 2017, 08:01:47 pm by RedJ »

Not read the whole thread just making my point on this and any future act of this type

What on earth are you talking about? I haven't said the police were wrong to shoot to kill. :laugh:

As I say, desperate for someone to be offended by the shooting.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 22, 2017, 08:13:41 pm by not on facebook »
Red J

I can't work out what's happened above as it looks like your answering me 3 times when I have only put up one reply

Recall what I said about someone hacking my account

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 23, 2017, 05:51:21 am by roversdude »
Terrorist scum don't deserve human rights

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 23, 2017, 06:03:50 am by German Rover »
Terrorist scum don't deserve human rights

That's generally how these things start. PIRA started in order to defend the catholic community from Ian Paisley and his like who were burning them out of house and home.  the Mau Mau who had the best recruitment tool ever with the way they were put down in kenya.  I could keep going.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 23, 2017, 06:08:41 am by roversdude »
My sympathies are with family of Keith Palmer and the innocent people caught up in this

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 23, 2017, 08:32:18 am by DevilMayCry »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 23, 2017, 08:39:03 am by Filo »
The name mentioned on twitter, last night his solicitor said he was still in jail, this morning they are saying they haven't spoken to him since January 2016 in court

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 23, 2017, 09:40:29 am by Sandy Lane »
I'm in London currently with three family members and was at a play at the Globe theatre when this happened.  A British teen was next to me and kept us updated on the events and it was very terrifying.  I was also getting info from the US on what at was happening here.  Once exiting the theatre, the police presence was overwhelming and we thanked them as we passed by.

We avoided the tube and took cabs for the rest of the night and remained vigilant when walking.  At one point we popped into a pub where everyone was carrying on as usual as I was particularly upset whereas my sisters in law were calmer.

What I'm finding interesting this morning is that instead of running down sidewalks of tourist crowds the terrorist chose the less crowded bridge and went for Parliament, where he was sure to be apprehended fairly quickly as was thankfully the case, and my thoughts and prayers for those killed and injured.  At this point they are also referring to "Islamic inspired terrorism" and wondering is this could be more Brexit related?  Just a thought as the verbiage is very carefully worded.  But this remains to be seen.

In the meantime, we will just carry on with eyes open.  It's actually easier being here now because I know if we had not yet arrived, the unknown would be more terrifying.  The police presence is very reassuring.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 09:42:37 am by Sandy Lane »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 23, 2017, 10:20:16 am by Donnywolf »
.... I think as a society that is what we all will have to endure ad infinitum. We simply cant stop living and worry about what might happen although I have reduced my Flights to the US to nil. I will be stuck on 24 States for the foreseeable future. Hope the rest of the Trip goes well and without further unnerving incidents

Have you planned in a trip to Keepmoat or a crafty watch of the TV coverage Sunday instead (he asked nosily) ?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 23, 2017, 10:23:37 am by not on facebook »
And then we get The Civil Rights Mob  "Was was it necessary to kill him"? plus in my opinion "Why put a Policeman in danger of being jailed for murder or manslaughter " and there are many on this site who would go down that route.

Can honestly say I haven't seen a single person say this.

This is absolute nonsense from Bally. Of course, it's beneficial from the point of view of the investigation that the perpetrator survives but nobody will question why the police took the action they did.

I think you should read over certain very recent posts on this site, there is certainly an anti - police brigade on here. PLUS History will tell why was it necessary to fire three or four shots into him when one to the arm or leg could have stopped him. But you obviously know more than me. And as I have been told I speak nonsense I will not post further on this subject. I thank U

Thats the problem with society today as far too many glow worms think they know all about police operations or how they should work.

They will watch and pick out so called faults or wrong doings within the police as in most cases we never real have to deal with police in really serious situations.

But got forbid something happens to a family member or a close friend and the police are needed to solve whatever  then the said glow worms need the police and never second guess.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 23, 2017, 11:15:41 am by Syme »
Another thing that hasn't been said, but you've got irked at.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 23, 2017, 11:34:10 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Over the centuries, this country has been attacked by bigger and nastier enemies than the piece of shit who committed this. And you know what? We've seen the fcuckers off each and every time. I hope the bas**rd burns in hell.

I work with quite a number of Muslims and whenever something like this goes off they know that the chances of them being abused or attacked increases significantly so it puts them in fear too. At work they're always very quick to condemn these acts as they feel that they're having to apologise for the actions of a complete lunatic. Quite sad really.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 23, 2017, 11:42:23 am by not on facebook »
Are you my internet stalker mr syme ,as you seem to just about jump on every reply I post .

If I don't post for a few days would you suffer withdrawing symptons .

Would you be sat at your desk screaming not on Facebook blue murder.

Do I need to install CCTV all round my house.

Was you bullied at sometime

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 23, 2017, 11:46:15 am by Sandy Lane »
.... I think as a society that is what we all will have to endure ad infinitum. We simply cant stop living and worry about what might happen although I have reduced my Flights to the US to nil. I will be stuck on 24 States for the foreseeable future. Hope the rest of the Trip goes well and without further unnerving incidents

Have you planned in a trip to Keepmoat or a crafty watch of the TV coverage Sunday instead (he asked nosily) ?

Hi DW,

Yes, we had made plans to come ooop north for the match. 4 yank women!  Sadly the day AFTER I bought the train tix, they decided to move the match to Sunday - on the day we are leaving so we can't even watch on tv.  Tears, but as always a huge thanks to Rob as we were planning to meet up with him for the match.  I do usually try to coordinate my trips with matches and it's always great fun to come up north on the train and meeting up with Rob and many of you all, so this was very disappointing.

But please feel free to come to the US though.  Trump is mentally ill we believe, so hopefully justice and sanity will prevail.  Well fingers crossed anyway.

Thanks so much for your kind words and we will be sure to enjoy the rest of our our trip despite the sad events.

P.S.  If anyone would like 4 free tix from London Kings X to Donny and back on Sat, please IM me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012