Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:27:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When article 50 is triggered this week  (Read 9737 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: When article 50 is triggered this week
« Reply #60 on April 07, 2017, 05:03:31 pm by RedJ »
Do you ever actually add anything to the discussion or do you just hurl abuse at anyone who disagrees with your opinion?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 07, 2017, 07:53:44 pm by Lipsy »
I think you're being a little unfair there, RedJ. I think that Yargo is writing poetry that higher beings in a thousand years will read, understand and translate into songs. Until then, we can but stab at the meaning behind his words. I'm guessing he thinks that the ERM was a bad thing and that somehow that shows that the EU is bad. Utter b*llocks, of course.

I do agree that the name-calling - especially aimed at former forum posters - is weak.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 07, 2017, 08:36:18 pm by Iberian Red »
Lipsy, you seem to have real issues with people who aren't as depressed with the future of our country as you are. Is it that important to you to spread your misery?

What is your reason for forcing your depression on others?

What can us mere ordinary people do, who can't, unlike you, predict the future to stop getting so f**king downhearted?

BB if you don't like reading about the consequences of the foolishness of our people in June  2016, then I would stay away from this section.

The " original " Project Fear is going to look like a walk in the park compared to what is going to happen to post Brexit UK going forwards......yes there will be many Remoaners who will be pointing it out to you dashing Brexiteers .
Perhaps a smart shyte can explain every eventuality of what would've been happening right now had Cameron/Osborne/Tories been given their second biggest electoral victory in 12 months?Then tell every dot and comma what the EU would now be demanding of Britain had we voted in favour of deeper integration.When you've done that....Some Wigley dots

we'd still have had a veto then just as we have one now
Oh and Euro fanatics in Downing St,Strasbourg and everywhere rampant,veto what? Like joining the ERM in 1990?Did any Euro fanatics veto that,suppose you were in favour at the time?Mind you, you seem to have as much faith in Cameron as the late BST( Billy's Sanctimonius Twaddle)R.I.P,did 12 months ago

You have the debating skills,and I.Q of a steaming turd.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on April 07, 2017, 09:06:37 pm by idler »
A little understanding from the EU and Joncers and we wouldn't be having this debate.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on April 07, 2017, 11:43:35 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Lipsy, you seem to have real issues with people who aren't as depressed with the future of our country as you are. Is it that important to you to spread your misery?

What is your reason for forcing your depression on others?

What can us mere ordinary people do, who can't, unlike you, predict the future to stop getting so f**king downhearted?

BB if you don't like reading about the consequences of the foolishness of our people in June  2016, then I would stay away from this section.

The " original " Project Fear is going to look like a walk in the park compared to what is going to happen to post Brexit UK going forwards......yes there will be many Remoaners who will be pointing it out to you dashing Brexiteers .
Perhaps a smart shyte can explain every eventuality of what would've been happening right now had Cameron/Osborne/Tories been given their second biggest electoral victory in 12 months?Then tell every dot and comma what the EU would now be demanding of Britain had we voted in favour of deeper integration.When you've done that....Some Wigley dots

It wouldn't have mattered what the EU demanded, if we didn't like it we'd still have had a veto then just as we have one now...they're called ellipsis btw.

Glyn when people voted in the 70s it  was not the EU it was the EEC a totally different beast,  a trading agreement end of,  but you so expertly tell us all about  Eu trade and borders etc because you know whats going to happen and nobody else does :)  in the 70's when people voted  it had jack all to do with what the EU  is now,  yes 16 million voted to remain but 18 million voted to leave in a bog standard majority wins vote  age is irrelevent ( approximate figures) so chill yersen out and start planning, thats 2 million and it doesn't matter whether you turn that 2 million into hex, decimal, metric, Imperial, Whitworth, BSF, its a 2 million bog standard majority  chill yersen :)

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on April 07, 2017, 11:54:00 pm by Muttley »
Is that 2 million a bit like the £350 million?

17.4m - 16.1m = 1.3m :-)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 08, 2017, 12:32:16 am by Dagenham Rover »
As stated approximate figures 😉 and it's still a bog standard majority

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 08, 2017, 02:25:22 am by not on facebook »
Was the non EEC voters  in uproar after votes were counted or did they just take it on the chin and get on with the new dawn,unlike some of today's fruit cakes

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 08, 2017, 08:54:25 am by idler »
People just carried on in the main.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on April 08, 2017, 09:00:12 am by Filo »
Was the non EEC voters  in uproar after votes were counted or did they just take it on the chin and get on with the new dawn,unlike some of today's fruit cakes

There were no internet platforms for people to cry on, so those that were against the majority decision then were largly unheard

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 08, 2017, 10:13:27 am by RedJ »

Bit different when the vote is based on a massive f**king lie plastered on the side of a bus.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 08, 2017, 10:23:37 am by Dagenham Rover »

Bit different when the vote is based on a massive f**king lie plastered on the side of a bus.

So everybody voted leave because what was plastered over the side of that  bus...............  erm I don't think so

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 08, 2017, 10:32:35 am by Lipsy »
Quite right, Dags. A lot of people voted Leave because they've been radicalised by the newspaper they read.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 08, 2017, 10:35:02 am by RedJ »

So everybody voted leave because what was plastered over the side of that  bus...............  erm I don't think so

Didn't say everybody. But I'd wager enough to tip the balance fell for that lie, among others.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 08, 2017, 10:39:25 am by Lipsy »
And let's not forget those people who, having stoically taken the result of the referendum in 1975 on the chin, quietly continued to hate foreigners for 40 years.  :lol:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 08, 2017, 10:42:09 am by RedJ »
Still, at least now we're leaving the EU we can stop them Arabs and Asians coming in. :silly:

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 08, 2017, 10:50:22 am by Lipsy »
Yes, my old mum told my wife last weekend that she voted to leave the EU because there was a man claiming unemployment benefits over here whilst he was actually living in Thailand... and to stop 'pakis' coming over here.

Her husband voted Leave because of WWII and the fact that he doesn't like hearing people talking in different languages when he's queuing up in the supermarket. Didn't stop him going over to the Middle East the year before to earn a shed-load of tax-free cash...

Thank the f**king Lord for the older, wiser generation looking out for us... :laugh:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on April 08, 2017, 10:55:18 am by Dagenham Rover »
Yes, my old mum told my wife last weekend that she voted to leave the EU because there was a man claiming unemployment benefits over here whilst he was actually living in Thailand... and to stop 'pakis' coming over here.

Her husband voted Leave because of WWII and the fact that he doesn't like hearing people talking in different languages when he's queuing up in the supermarket. Didn't stop him going over to the Middle East the year before to earn a shed-load of tax-free cash...

Thank the f**king Lord for the older, wiser generation looking out for us... :laugh:

and thank f**k for the younger generation that know absolutely everything about everything  ;)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 08, 2017, 10:56:57 am by Lipsy »
Very nice of you to say so, Dags. I knew you'd come 'round eventually.  ;)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on April 08, 2017, 11:11:00 am by Glyn_Wigley »

They didn't shut up, if that's what you mean. They carried on campaigning to leave. They even went and formed a political party all about that one issue.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 08, 2017, 11:27:11 am by Lipsy »
Nobody even mentioned coming out of the E.E.C. after the 1975 referendum. They just got on with making the best of it...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on April 08, 2017, 12:33:32 pm by Filo »

They didn't shut up, if that's what you mean. They carried on campaigning to leave. They even went and formed a political party all about that one issue.

Would that be UKIP?

Formed almost 20 years after the referendum to join the EEC and after the formation of the EU?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 08, 2017, 01:24:11 pm by Lipsy »
And Labour's 1983 election pledge in its manifesto was to take us out. By my reckoning, there's been a major political party or force trying to get us out virtually every single year we've been in Europe (so to speak)... Not sure that counts as just quietly getting on with it. Arguably, it's quite the opposite...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on April 08, 2017, 04:30:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Would that be UKIP?

Formed almost 20 years after the referendum to join the EEC and after the formation of the EU?

Yes, but then I never said it was formed immediately. There was still plenty of eurosceptic campaigning - because people disagreed with the result of the referendum - between 1975 and the founding of UKIP. The eurosceptics certainly didn't 'get over it'.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on April 09, 2017, 01:40:41 am by hoolahoop »

and thank f**k for the younger generation that know absolutely everything about everything  ;)

Thank f**k for our youngsters who look to the future and don't have the baggage of those supposedly halcyon days of 50s and Empire hanging around there necks like a millstone dragging them both backwards and downwards at the same time .

Still we get to have our kicks from threatening our NATO  mates off the coast of Spain, mix horns with the loonies in charge of both the USA,  Turkey and Saud not to mention the crooks in Qatar.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on April 09, 2017, 09:21:22 am by Filo »

Would that be UKIP?

Yes, but then I never said it was formed immediately. There was still plenty of eurosceptic campaigning - because people disagreed with the result of the referendum - between 1975 and the founding of UKIP. The eurosceptics certainly didn't 'get over it'.

No, you never said it was formed immedietly, you also never said it was formed almost 20 years afrer the referendum when the EEC had turned into a different beast, the EU

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on April 09, 2017, 10:34:45 am by wilts rover »

Would that be UKIP?

No, you never said it was formed immedietly, you also never said it was formed almost 20 years afrer the referendum when the EEC had turned into a different beast, the EU

Ahh, that will be 'taking it on the chin' then. 20 years of listening to people like Powell, Thatcher, Redwood, Portillo, you will enjoy that party.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on April 09, 2017, 10:46:48 am by Lipsy »
All Glynn did was provide you with a brief history of euroscepticism whilst we have been in the E.E.C and the EU.

I appreciate that you're heavy on opinion and light on facts, but you're just plain wrong here. The bitching, carping, moaning and undermining of our participation in Europe has been constant (from politicians and press alike). There was no 'quietly getting on with it' - which I appreciate was just a dig at Remain voters. Heck, I believe Farage voted for the Green Party in 1989 because of their anti-Europe stance...

So (deep breath) that's the Labour Party as whole until 84 (though some prominent figures in the party continued to moan), the Greens, vocal Tories throughout, the Anti-Federalist League that then morphed into UKIP, and the radicalising right wing press throughout we're all at it - all pandering to a population that continued to moan and hate our partipation in Europe.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:09:16 pm by Lipsy »

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on April 09, 2017, 10:52:59 am by not on facebook »
Seems as thou no what ever side of the fence you are on this thread is all about chaps trying to take points off from each other with a them Vs us or us vs them play out.

I doubt anyone will change their mind due to whatever information is cut & paste and brought to the table.

I will get shot down for this but I have a good chuckle to me sen seeing on how hard some will try to get their view across.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on April 09, 2017, 11:04:39 am by Filo »
All Glynn did was provide you with a brief history of euroscepticism whilst we have been in the E.E.C and the EU.

I appreciate that you're heavy on opinion and light on facts, but you're just plain wrong here. The bitching, carping, moaning and undermining of our participation in Europe has been constant (from politicians and press alike). There was no 'quietly getting on with it' - which I appreciate was just a dig at Remain voters. Heck, I believe Farage voted for the Green Party in 1989 because of their anti-Europe stance...

So (deep breath) that's the Labour Party as whole until 84 (though some prominent figures in the party continued to moan), the Greens, vocal Tories throughout, the Anti-Federalist League that then morphed into UKIP, and the radicalising right wing press throughout we're all it - all pandering to a population that continued to moan and hate our partipation in Europe.

In that brief history, Glynn implied that UKIP was formed on the back of the first referendum, it clearly was n't as it took almost 20 years for UKIP to appear, Glynn convenienlty chose to omit that fact from his brief history

TinyPortal © 2005-2012