Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 03:31:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This will put the cat amongst the pegions > the ddr >  (Read 5559 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
For obvious reasons it's not manys cup of tea ,but if anyone wants to ask any questions fire away.

I wil answer what I can within reason ,so get it off your chests if needs be.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: This will put the cat amongst the pegions > the ddr >
« Reply #1 on April 04, 2017, 10:00:35 pm by roversdude »
When is the book out Oslo - all other firms seem to have written one

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 04, 2017, 10:17:37 pm by not on facebook »
Funny you should mention  that ,as I was approached to add the ddrs point of view after the wolves/Lincoln against the ddr around duke of york kings cross after the game at woking .

Some chap from wolves wrote a book and that incident was in it ,but I turned down the offer.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 04, 2017, 10:22:44 pm by not on facebook »
Should also add that these type of books have been done to death by now a long time ago and there is no market there.

Time to bring a book out would have been around the time when they first came out .

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 04, 2017, 11:29:55 pm by Syme »
Were you aware of the obvious homoerotic undertones of the man on man, alpha-male hooligan grappling at the time, or was it something that you came to slowly accept and look back on fondly at a much later date?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 04, 2017, 11:33:29 pm by StocktonRover »
Were you aware of the obvious homoerotic undertones of the man on man, alpha-male hooligan grappling at the time, or was it something that you came to slowly accept and look back on fondly at a much later date?
Hey Syme,
That sounds like your "mindset" that sees it as an "obvious homoerotic" occurance. Maybe you are reflecting on your inner self 😏

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 04, 2017, 11:42:32 pm by Syme »
Undertones Stockton, undertones. Anyway, I don't want to hear from the pigeons, I want to hear from the cat owner.

And please, it's almost midnight, stop stalking me.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 05, 2017, 12:07:56 am by not on facebook »
Is syme asking if that I some kind of puff or something ? If so syme if that what floats your boat you get no joy from me fella,but every man to his own if your that way inclined I can turn a blind eye .

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 05, 2017, 07:59:55 am by StocktonRover »
Undertones Stockton, undertones. Anyway, I don't want to hear from the pigeons, I want to hear from the cat owner.

Haha!
Syme it's forum as you're well aware. If you only want a 2 way dialogue then do it by PM.

As for undertones, maybe Jimmy Jimmy was your perfect cousin and that's where you got your teenage kicks. 😏

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 05, 2017, 08:06:27 am by not on facebook »
Fcuk me a fergal sharky pun,not heard that song 'my perfect cousin' for donkeys years .

Think I will play it on me system and lower the bass and treble .

Thanks for that.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 05, 2017, 08:21:19 am by Syme »

Haha!
Syme it's forum as you're well aware. If you only want a 2 way dialogue then do it by PM.

As for undertones, maybe Jimmy Jimmy was your perfect cousin and that's where you got your teenage kicks. 😏

This must be your first Q and A session

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 05, 2017, 12:12:06 pm by Syme »
Not been much uptake on this unfortunately not on facebook

I'll ask another and steer clear of the stuff you're not comfortable with.

Is all this man on man action happening with everyone's consent, or has it ever been the case that you've snuck up on some poor bugger and taken him from behind?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 05, 2017, 12:17:07 pm by roversdude »
Think you may have a fixation on man love syme

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 05, 2017, 12:24:03 pm by Syme »
Sorry i was trying to avoid that topic. I hadn't spotted it but seems my last post can be interpreted in a couple of ways.

Last question not on facebook, when it comes to the rough and tumble, you've got some fella coming at you hard, do you think you could deliver a lethal blow?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 05, 2017, 04:51:21 pm by Mike_F »
Over the years there have been a few occasions (Scarborough and Hereford in particular that spring to mind) where your "shirters" were getting a bit of aggro from some of the home mob and the DDR lads stepped in to put them straight. Any recollection of that kind of thing, Oslo?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 05, 2017, 05:59:44 pm by RedJ »
Didn't that happen at Chester in the playoffs or have I imagined that? would be interested to hear about that if there's anything worth repeating.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 05, 2017, 06:24:41 pm by Syme »
More questions than answers here

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 05, 2017, 06:54:38 pm by not on facebook »
Over the years there have been a few occasions (Scarborough and Hereford in particular that spring to mind) where your "shirters" were getting a bit of aggro from some of the home mob and the DDR lads stepped in to put them straight. Any recollection of that kind of thing, Oslo?

Don't ever recall much stress against Scarborough tbh ,but the Hereford one was near the cattle market after the game I recall .sure it was the game where John Ryan played a few mins in the conference.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 05, 2017, 07:15:17 pm by not on facebook »
Didn't that happen at Chester in the playoffs or have I imagined that? would be interested to hear about that if there's anything worth repeating.

The Chester one was after the play off semi final at their place in the conference.it seems that after the conference league game that was played at Chester during a mid week fixture just before we played them in the play offs ,that more than enough rovers normall fans had suffered from bricks been thrown at them from Chester fans while rovers fans were going back to their cars .

So after the rovers victory at Chester in the play off final we was taken back by how many normall rovers fans were asking if they could walk out of the ground with us for reasons above.

After leaving the ground quite a few Chester loons were on the left hand side of the road waiting for their moment to strike as there was a lack of police to be seen I recall.

Couple of bricks were thrown by Chester and that's when ddr went straight across road towards them.

Iam all most certian that not one punch was thrown  a few more bricks than the Chester lot went more down the road to set up another trap.

Repeat rinse repeat all way back into the city centre and by 3rd repeat all the normall rovers fans had thinned out and police rode shot gun with the ddr back to train station blocking off all entry to whatever pub.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 05, 2017, 07:45:39 pm by Syme »
Now you're retired, how do you replace the thrill of pounding some fella you've just met in a car park or down some dark alley?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 05, 2017, 09:13:01 pm by Nudga »
Now you're retired, how do you replace the thrill of pounding some fella you've just met in a car park or down some dark alley?

He tosses the salad.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 05, 2017, 10:25:02 pm by Syme »
I bet it's not easy giving it up though. When you've been roaming the streets of West London late at night, looking for some one on one action down by the river, there'll always be a part of you that's craven cottaging.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 06, 2017, 09:18:52 am by roversdude »
I got in plenty of scrapes following Rovers but never had to ask the famed DDR for protection lol

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 06, 2017, 12:07:24 pm by ctay »
I've got one oslo. Ive heard a lot about 'clockwork', were they part of the DDR or not? Was it before the DDR?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 06, 2017, 12:55:40 pm by Mike_F »
These days there seem to be loads of kids who've watched Green Street and think they're hard whilst standing behind a police cordon and gesticulating at opposing fans but would probably be away on their toes the moment anyone got within striking distance. What's your take on them?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 06, 2017, 01:21:07 pm by not on facebook »
I've got one oslo. Ive heard a lot about 'clockwork', were they part of the DDR or not? Was it before the DDR?

Clockwork were not a 'they' as from what I recall 'clockwork' was a chap that drank in the saracens head pub and went to rovers .

Said chap is at least a good 5+ years older than me.i can say that he was never part of the ddr as his lot were from the older generation .

A close mate of mine has mentioned him in passing many a time as my mate used to drink in the saracens with clockwork.

Some of the older chaps on here will or should know clockwork.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 06, 2017, 01:32:24 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Years ago following an away game at Peterborough me and a group of pals were joined on the train by a member of the DDR who, for some reason, decided to go straight back to Donny after the game rather than enjoy the hospitality of the locals. In those days I used to go to every home game and the majority of the away games with the Rovers so got to know some of the DDR just to say hello to really. During the train journey back to Donny was the first time I'd ever had a proper chat with any of them though.

Whilst the conversations was mostly about the football talk did inevitably turn to hooliganism. One thing that I clearly remember this lad saying to us was on the subject of hooliganism and was something along the lines of  "I know its stupid, and I know its pointless & wrong and its not a nice thing to do, but I just love it. I've tried to stop a few times but I just can't." Did you ever feel the same NOF?

Secondly, on the subject of the DDR bailing out 'normal' fans, they saved me and my mates from an almighty kicking at Grimsby before a cup game. A group of about 10 of us were walking along the sea front when a gang of at least 20-25 Grimsby meatheads came charging out of a pub on the corner in our direction. They launched a few bottles at us before running across the way to get stuck into us. I'm not exaggerating when I say that each of us absolutely shit ourselves. We were all aged about 16-17 but these Grimsby fans weren't lads, they were blokes of 25+ I'd reckon. They were literally face to face with us when out of nowhere came a similar sized group of Donny hooligans. They charged into the Grimsby gang who were quickly on there toes and away. I don't want to go down the old 'villains with hearts of gold' b*llocks but they did bail us out of a real good hiding there.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 06, 2017, 01:35:33 pm by not on facebook »
These days there seem to be loads of kids who've watched Green Street and think they're hard whilst standing behind a police cordon and gesticulating at opposing fans but would probably be away on their toes the moment anyone got within striking distance. What's your take on them?

The one thing that I don't understand with the ddr of today is that they use social media far too much and in turn are helping  police track them down,back in my day you did your upmost to keep away from police attention .

The police today have much more ckntroll, and its a lot more difficult to get your hands dirty and get clean away from whatever incident and end up before a JP.

Difference is when I was younger there was no police line to hide behind back then ,you made your bed and had to suffer in it.

Was told other day that when Luton were at donny ddr and Luton lads were drinking with each other before the game > that's mobile phones for you I guess or social media.

That would never have happened years back as fat lips all round would have been on the menu,and if Iam honest Luton would normally have got the better of ddr due to our lack of numbers .

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 06, 2017, 01:48:54 pm by not on facebook »
Years ago following an away game at Peterborough me and a group of pals were joined on the train by a member of the DDR who, for some reason, decided to go straight back to Donny after the game rather than enjoy the hospitality of the locals. In those days I used to go to every home game and the majority of the away games with the Rovers so got to know some of the DDR just to say hello to really. During the train journey back to Donny was the first time I'd ever had a proper chat with any of them though.

Whilst the conversations was mostly about the football talk did inevitably turn to hooliganism. One thing that I clearly remember this lad saying to us was on the subject of hooliganism and was something along the lines of  "I know its stupid, and I know its pointless & wrong and its not a nice thing to do, but I just love it. I've tried to stop a few times but I just can't." Did you ever feel the same NOF?

Secondly, on the subject of the DDR bailing out 'normal' fans, they saved me and my mates from an almighty kicking at Grimsby before a cup game. A group of about 10 of us were walking along the sea front when a gang of at least 20-25 Grimsby meatheads came charging out of a pub on the corner in our direction. They launched a few bottles at us before running across the way to get stuck into us. I'm not exaggerating when I say that each of us absolutely shit ourselves. We were all aged about 16-17 but these Grimsby fans weren't lads, they were blokes of 25+ I'd reckon. They were literally face to face with us when out of nowhere came a similar sized group of Donny hooligans. They charged into the Grimsby gang who were quickly on there toes and away. I don't want to go down the old 'villains with hearts of gold' b*llocks but they did bail us out of a real good hiding there.

When I think about it after I got much older ,wife ,kids ,house the penny began to sink in and having a different outlook.

When I was much younger , you would take a good beating now and again and it would knock the confidence out of you (well me it would ) .you would be second guessing yourself if you would be out for the game on the next Saturday.
Next Saturday would come and you be out and about again with like minded  untill your next good kicking and rinse and repeat.

It did not disturb some of the ddr lads getting a good kicking ,as they to me seemed to be a different gravy.

That grimsby game,was that incident near the dolphin pub by any chance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012