Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 09:40:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pitch Invasion...  (Read 20193 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Pitch Invasion...
« Reply #150 on April 09, 2017, 08:12:27 pm by the vicar »
I can understand the pitch invasion and celebrations.  I don't however like the attitude that SOME of our fans have that they can do what they want.

Before and during the game the club asked fans to stay off the pitch, but some chose to ignore that.

So for me, the issue of going on the pitch to celebrate isn't a big issue, more the attitudes. 

As for throwing a flare at the opposition fans, what a f**king tool.  Hopefully the culprit can be identified and banged to rights. 

If we can condone the pitch invasion albeit after requests not to, then chucking flares around is out order, isn't it??
We're Donny rovers we do what we want but not the pyro

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on April 09, 2017, 09:07:16 pm by ravenrover »
Only about 1/4 of Rovers fans were left in the ground to witness the celebration.  What would have been better would have been a walk round the pitch immediately after the final whistle, as the players do after each home match.  In that way, the majority of the crowd would perhaps have stayed and made it a much more spontaneous celebration.

:that:
As you say, the pitch invasion,that took at least 15 minutes to clear, not a few minutes, meant that about three quarters of the crowd had gone before the team came back out.
No doubt this will happen again if we win the league.
As most were spotty kids I suppose they won't know better next time.

sorry but after the pitch had been cleared it took 10 mins for the players to come out, it always does take ages to come out cos they celebrate in the changing room then come out

Exactly. Ridiculous that people are blaming the people on the pitch for how long it took to come back out. And ridiculous that people are saying loads of people went home early because of it - there's ALWAYS the vast majority of people already gone home by the time the players come back out.
the people that stayed behind was all the hardcore rovers fans most that went home was the glory hunters, but the club need them to pay there money so we need them to keep coming
Surprised at you David for making such an incorrect, sweeping generalisation.you are old enough to know better

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on April 09, 2017, 09:29:02 pm by idler »
Being a glory hunting fan since 1958 I gave up waiting about 5:15 when the guy on the Mike said the team were still in the dressing room.
An hours journey home and family to drop off wechose not to wait any longer..
Not a moan just a fact.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on April 09, 2017, 10:30:21 pm by Herman Hessian »
An hour's journey home

that's a puff's journey home, is that...

:lol:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on April 09, 2017, 10:45:05 pm by idler »
That depends who you're behind.😍
The older you get the longer it seems. Not so bad when you win though.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on April 09, 2017, 11:00:02 pm by Herman Hessian »
Mrs H was driving - her automotive style is probably best described as "safe" - I feel a certain empathy with those who took part in The Long March, or folk who own a horse and cart....

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on April 09, 2017, 11:05:31 pm by idler »
My wife has lived in Bradford all of her life and still gets confused when driving around.
We both agree that motorway driving is a no no as well.
She used to occasionally go on the M606 for a couple of miles but only when following the sat Nav.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012