Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 09:32:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pitch Invasion...  (Read 20192 times)

PopStander

• Forum Member
Re: Pitch Invasion...
« Reply #30 on April 06, 2017, 09:04:56 am by PopStander »
We should only invade the pitch when Keegan scores!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 06, 2017, 09:50:52 am by Goole Rover »
Couldn't the club get fined by the FL if there is a pitch invasion?

... ONLY in the event if those doing the invading are spontaneously pulling out Flares lighting them and running round the pitch with them I think ....

.... and providing they have either used their Mobile illegally on the way to the Ground or parked on Double Yellow lines in the last 24 hours (or both)
Don't be tempted Pap, keep off, you know what happened 52 years ago. Sadly the assailant is now with the Good Lord.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 06, 2017, 12:43:47 pm by Muttley »
You're all welcome to your pitch invasions, trophy presentations and laps of honour.

A quick clap as the players leave the pitch, then I'll be hot-footing it to the pub to celebrate properly.

Would this be the first time you've seen the end of a game in 35 years

I've seen many more final whistles than I have kick offs, that's for sure!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 06, 2017, 01:00:07 pm by silent majority »
On a serious note, lets not forget that pitch invasion is still a criminal offence and could lead to a 3 year ban and a criminal record.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 06, 2017, 01:05:33 pm by MrFrost »
On a serious note, lets not forget that pitch invasion is still a criminal offence and could lead to a 3 year ban and a criminal record.

How often is this implemented when there is a mass invasion?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 06, 2017, 01:25:20 pm by IDM »

Now that got me thinking of Father Ted..

Imagine an over 75's "all priests" pitch invasion at the end of the game - they would still be wandering around the touchline at the start of next season!!

Andy Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 06, 2017, 02:16:17 pm by Andy Smith »
I remember back in the late 70s early 80s there used to be a pitch invasion after every game at Belle Vue.... never any harm done.

In fact came across some old footage of the won against QPR in FA Cup and there I was first on the pitch running for Dave Harle

Oh how the years/ beer/smoking/women have taken their toll🐢🐢

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 06, 2017, 02:19:28 pm by silent majority »

No idea, but its still illegal no matter how many do it and is one of the most common legal cases we deal with in the FSF office.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 06, 2017, 02:20:05 pm by not on facebook »
I recall when rovers beat Bournemouth at BV which I think was last game of season and donny went up.

It was either look north or calendar that was there filming the fans near the dugouts celebrating the promotion .

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 06, 2017, 02:23:23 pm by not on facebook »

No idea, but its still illegal no matter how many do it and is one of the most common legal cases we deal with in the FSF office.

It's a easy arrest for the police these days and helps with their arrest targets ,sad thing is that it's 99% normally fans today that get onto the pitch with only sole purpose of celebration

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 06, 2017, 02:27:24 pm by Herman Hessian »
In fact came across some old footage of the won against QPR in FA Cup and there I was first on the pitch running for Dave Harle

Oh how the years/ beer/smoking/women have taken their toll🐢🐢

yeah - Harle's let himself go, badly - shocking really for an ex-pro...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 06, 2017, 03:05:01 pm by drfchound »
I played a game of cricket with him about five or six years ago and he was a bit porky then.
A good batsman though.

Andy Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 06, 2017, 06:40:16 pm by Andy Smith »
Was nt talking about Dave Harle was thinking about mi aen

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 07, 2017, 04:22:32 am by andysly »
Personally, I agree with leaving the pitch to the players. The joint celebrations of players, management and fans on Saturday at Grimsby will live long in the memory, far longer than running on the pitch for a couple of minutes while the players sprint for the changing rooms.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 07, 2017, 06:20:41 am by not on facebook »
Anyone recall that rovers v Mboro game at BV when they went up on last game of season .

Fcuk there must have been 100,000 of them inside BV that day.

They was all over the mainstand seats and terrace,away end was rammed,pop side was over taken ,they was even up  the trees alongside bawtry road.

The only place you could not see a boro lad was in the rovers dug out.

Iam sure rovers team talk before the game must have gone along the lines ' whatever you do don't bas**rd score a goal and ffs make sure they get a brace'

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 07, 2017, 06:25:08 am by Crowle Rover »
Anyone recall that rovers v Mboro game at BV when they went up on last game of season .

Fcuk there must have been 100,000 of them inside BV that day.

They was all over the mainstand seats and terrace,away end was rammed,pop side was over taken ,they was even up  the trees alongside bawtry road.

The only place you could not see a boro lad was in the rovers dug out.

Iam sure rovers team talk before the game must have gone along the lines ' whatever you do don't bas**rd score a goal and ffs make sure they get a brace'

Think that this is the game you mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_1ua-isYfg

Fast forward to about 42 minutes into the clip and thats where you see the fans standing on the touchline
Police look like they could do nothing

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 07, 2017, 06:35:51 am by not on facebook »
That's the one fella ,and as you said SYP that day had no chance .

Don't ever recall BV ever been so overrun by away fans at any other game in my time.

The days of bleached jeans with Vs cutt into bottom of them,addias smabas and Benetton .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 07, 2017, 09:40:38 am by drfchound »
There were quite a few gaps on the terraces though, perhaps not as full as your memory tells you.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 07, 2017, 10:28:48 am by drfchound »
On the DROS today the club are asking fans not to run onto the pitch after the match so that players and staff can celebrate (if we win) promotion with the fans.
If there is a pitch invasion the team will not come back out.

Keep off the damn pitch.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 07, 2017, 10:49:38 am by idler »
Let's just hope that a minority don't spoil it for the majority.
Just let all supporters of all ages enjoy the moment and also the players probably don't want fans jumping all over them.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 07, 2017, 11:02:22 am by weststander »
Statement from the club about pitch invasion with this message on DROS about parking

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/880136449?-12737:1601:3

MEGA1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 07, 2017, 11:05:50 am by MEGA1879 »
What's wrong going on the pitch to celebrate promotion!! Then back into the stands after 10mins Simple!! Everyone's Happy

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 07, 2017, 11:11:52 am by drfchound »
No, not everyone.
The players wont stay out to celebrate if there is a pitch invasion and they wont come back out again.
Even if they did, the majority of fans will have gone home by the time they got out again.

Clearly, a pitch invasion spoils things at the end of the game.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 07, 2017, 11:18:47 am by MrFrost »
No, not everyone.
The players wont stay out to celebrate if there is a pitch invasion and they wont come back out again.
Even if they did, the majority of fans will have gone home by the time they got out again.

It didn't stop Burton players coming back out last season. Or Leicester players the other year.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 07, 2017, 11:24:52 am by drfchound »
OK, go on the pitch and see what happens.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 07, 2017, 11:27:14 am by silent majority »
No, not everyone.

It didn't stop Burton players coming back out last season. Or Leicester players the other year.

Is it possible that the club have learnt from those occasions and dont want to see it repeated?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 07, 2017, 11:30:58 am by not on facebook »
It' will fall on deaf ears if the club are only putting up on social media about the no pitch invasion policy.

First issue is that all and sundry want as many fans as possible inside the ground for the game,hence some fresh new faces at KMS who will be on the promotion band wagon party > need I say more.

Club will have to be seen that it's doing its upmost to prevent a pitch invasion via KMS PA system and ring of steel stewards placed in correct areas  around pitch side all in high vis jackets.

Me personally I woul stay in the stands ,but if I was a young whipper snapper I would be thinking different so can't really be upset if there was a pitch invasion.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 07, 2017, 11:31:34 am by MrFrost »
No, not everyone.

Is it possible that the club have learnt from those occasions and dont want to see it repeated?

I'm guessing we will see Police and steward overkill tomorrow then?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 07, 2017, 11:51:06 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
My only point would be we have two home games to go and a title to win.  That is for me important and thus protect our pitch.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 07, 2017, 12:02:54 pm by silent majority »
No, not everyone.

I'm guessing we will see Police and steward overkill tomorrow then?

I doubt that they will re-asses the match category because of a potential pitch invasion. What you will probably see is a re-organisation of steward positioning rather than any increased numbers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012