Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 08:09:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pitch Invasion...  (Read 20228 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Pitch Invasion...
« Reply #60 on April 07, 2017, 12:33:33 pm by IDM »
So the message is on DROS, it will be tweeted, it is posted on here by the SLO, and no doubt tannoyed and on the video screen tomorrow.

If folks then choose to ignore all those warnings, what can we do?  The club YOU support is asking YOU not to behave in a certain way, but some fans will have a "we do what we want" attitude.

I'm not a killjoy, I've been on the pitch before but that's at the end of the season.  But I will respect the club's request.

The post above about protecting the pitch is a valid one too.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 07, 2017, 12:59:40 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
It' will fall on deaf ears if the club are only putting up on social media about the no pitch invasion policy.

First issue is that all and sundry want as many fans as possible inside the ground for the game,hence some fresh new faces at KMS who will be on the promotion band wagon party > need I say more.

Club will have to be seen that it's doing its upmost to prevent a pitch invasion via KMS PA system and ring of steel stewards placed in correct areas  around pitch side all in high vis jackets.

Me personally I woul stay in the stands ,but if I was a young whipper snapper I would be thinking different so can't really be upset if there was a pitch invasion.

Good few from south stand straight on pitch after Burton game last season J.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 07, 2017, 01:25:48 pm by idler »
Have a bouncy castle and portable crèche ready for the final whistle. Put em in the penalty area and those running on probably won't get any further. 😉

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 07, 2017, 03:15:26 pm by andy didcott »
We don't want a thousand scrotes running about and damaging the pitch, it's illegal and anybody that does run on deserves a ban.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 07, 2017, 03:17:39 pm by MrFrost »
We don't want a thousand scrotes running about and damaging the pitch, it's illegal and anybody that does run on deserves a ban.

Does everyone who went on the pitch in previous pitch invasions deserve a ban too?

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 07, 2017, 03:23:56 pm by andy didcott »
Not if the club say we can run onto the pitch.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 07, 2017, 03:51:35 pm by not on facebook »
The police at stoke were very selective on who got nicked that day and  then bailed to return for a court date .

If you dressed a certian way you was bailed for a court appearance and if you was a normall rovers fan it was happy days as released with no charge was the norm.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 07, 2017, 04:08:15 pm by drfchound »

Does everyone who went on the pitch in previous pitch invasions deserve a ban too?

I think that the point is, the club have asked very nicely that fans keep off the pitch so that the players, staff and fans can celebrate together.

Not too much to ask really is it?

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 07, 2017, 04:09:30 pm by swintonrover »
I personally won't be going on the pitch, but i'm sick to the back teeth of people trying to make football as sterile as possible. Football is about passion and tribalism. If someone wants to run on the pitch and celebrate, let them. When did sheer unbridled happiness become such a terrible thing?

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on April 07, 2017, 06:04:19 pm by bobbymax »
I personally won't be going on the pitch, but i'm sick to the back teeth of people trying to make football as sterile as possible. Football is about passion and tribalism. If someone wants to run on the pitch and celebrate, let them. When did sheer unbridled happiness become such a terrible thing?
It isn't but it's now illegal and you can't blame the Keepmoat staff for wanting to protect their property. There re two League 2 matches and many rugby league matches to be played over the next few months. Why should the club have to pay for possible repairs just so some morons can display their stupidity?

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 07, 2017, 06:52:15 pm by nice one rovers »
We'll be running on there with adidas trainers, not running spikes and garden spades. What damage is there going to be?

Definitely on the pitch at Hartlepool.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 07, 2017, 07:33:42 pm by dknward2 »
The club have to put out these statements and messages to show they are doing what they can. Then if people do manage to get on the pitch they won't be fined or not as much

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on April 07, 2017, 09:26:49 pm by idler »
What possible satisfaction does somebody get from running on the pitch?
Juvenile to say the least. My first incidence of this taking place was Alick Jeffrey scoring his first goal after coming back to the Rovers first team.
I knew some that ran onto the pitch, none of them have been in 40 years.
It is all about them, not the players or the team, tossers of th highest order to the real fans.

MEGA1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 07, 2017, 09:47:02 pm by MEGA1879 »
Bet your party's are fun😂😂😂😂

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 07, 2017, 10:18:13 pm by drfchound »
Bet your last one was to celebrate being fifteen.  :facepalm:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 07, 2017, 10:46:25 pm by idler »
Bet your party's are fun😂😂😂😂
Welleverybody can't wait for the next one.😉
When the club and players ask fans not to encroach what does anybody get from going on?
It seems to be more about the fan going onto the pitch for their satisfaction  rather than about anybody else.
We live in a democracy where the wishes of the majority are resspected. Do you have an issue with this.
I have also stayed until the bitter end over the years when the South Stand has suddenly started haemorraging fans after a bad display or conceding goals.
This includes joining in with the cadre of fans in the South Stand when we lost 0-4 to Swansea a few years ago,
Proper fans never leave until the final whistle,not just in onto the pitch when we win something.
5% of fans spoiling it for the rest?
I'll be thre next season for my 60th year as a paying fan. I've seen a lot that run on the pitch and declare their undying love fall by the wayside.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 08, 2017, 03:00:37 am by Sammy Chung was King »
As long as it's not aggressive inclined and just to celebrate a fans team doing well why not?. It spoils nothing for other fans the players will still come back out winning anything takes a lot of hard work and the fans wallets take a right bashing over a season if you can't be happy for an afternoon that might not happen again then there's something wrong.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 08, 2017, 08:15:24 am by drfchound »
SCWK, you are missing the point mate, the club have specifically requested that the fans stay off the pitch so that the players and staff can celebrate with the fans.
The problem with a pitch invasion is that by the time the pitch is cleared a large proportion of fans will have left the ground so the players will not get to celebrate with the majority or, more likely, wont come back out at all.
To say that a pitch invasion spoils nothing for other fans (that dont go on the pitch) is just not correct is it.
However it seems inevitable to me that the chosen few will still go on the pitch.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 08, 2017, 08:15:29 am by MrFrost »
Was anyone bemoaning the Burton fans who came on the pitch last season

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on April 08, 2017, 08:19:25 am by IDM »
OK so what other requests that OUR club makes of us the fans do some of us choose to ignore??

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 08, 2017, 10:15:22 am by RedJ »
They used to ask over the PA system during prematch shite not to use bad language at one point.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on April 08, 2017, 11:28:45 am by silent majority »
Can I  just add that if we are promoted today the club have a limited amount of time to display the 'promotion banners' for tv. If there is a pitch invasion this won't happen.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on April 08, 2017, 01:11:46 pm by roversontheup »
I understand why many people want to run on the pitch if we win promotion but I don't understand how they can do that knowing it kills the celebration for the remaining thousands of fans and the players!

It's really selfish IMHO. So please stay in your seats, jump up and down, kiss your mate, cheer and shout and basically go mental. BUT don't go on the pitch, then we can all enjoy celebrating with our fellow fans and with the players who want to stay out on the pitch to celebrate with us.

You go on the pitch means the players celebrate on their own in the changing room and we all miss out. Oh and we don't get the Sky coverage of the promotion banners etc.
It's quite simple really........well as long as results go as we need this afternoon!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 08, 2017, 01:34:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I understand why many people want to run on the pitch if we win promotion but I don't understand how they can do that knowing it kills the celebration for the remaining thousands of fans and the players!

It's really selfish IMHO. So please stay in your seats, jump up and down, kiss your mate, cheer and shout and basically go mental. BUT don't go on the pitch, then we can all enjoy celebrating with our fellow fans and with the players who want to stay out on the pitch to celebrate with us.

You go on the pitch means the players celebrate on their own in the changing room and we all miss out. Oh and we don't get the Sky coverage of the promotion banners etc.
It's quite simple really........well as long as results go as we need this afternoon!

Hear hear.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 08, 2017, 01:44:02 pm by GazLaz »
#NoPyroNoParty #JustSaying

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on April 08, 2017, 02:15:51 pm by MrFrost »
Can I  just add that if we are promoted today the club have a limited amount of time to display the 'promotion banners' for tv. If there is a pitch invasion this won't happen.

Other clubs do it after pitch invasions

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on April 08, 2017, 02:33:37 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Other clubs do it after pitch invasions

But our club has said we won't.  What's wrong with you?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on April 08, 2017, 05:12:15 pm by IDM »
#NoPyroNoParty #JustSaying

Really??

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on April 08, 2017, 05:52:57 pm by glosterred »
To the fooking idiot with the pyro, hope they find you and ban you you're an idiot.

COYR
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 05:58:11 pm by glosterred »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on April 08, 2017, 05:56:45 pm by Alan Southstand »
Once more the selfish few lord it over the well behaved majority!

When will we get it right and stop this - definitely more stewards needed today. The few that were there crapped themselves.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012