Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 04:07:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pitch Invasion...  (Read 20202 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Pitch Invasion...
« Reply #90 on April 08, 2017, 05:59:14 pm by glosterred »
#NoPyroNoParty #JustSaying

Just a fooking stupid thing to say #JustSaying

COYR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on April 08, 2017, 06:06:50 pm by Dagenham Rover »
one of the stewards in the South was coming round  to the people still in the stand thanking them for not going on the pitch, quite a nice touch really

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on April 08, 2017, 06:36:17 pm by Derby Viking »
Pitch invasions on the final whistle I can live with although I didn't go on myself. What is completely out of order though is the knobs that thought it was clever to start dismantling the goal before the match was over.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on April 08, 2017, 06:37:36 pm by Jenny »
It was the grounds staff who were dismantaling the goal!

Complete knobs eh

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on April 08, 2017, 06:46:00 pm by POD »
If the club was serious about pitch invasions being banned, then the players should have stayed in the dressing room and not come out at all.  That would have spoiled things for many, but perhaps next time, the selfish few who came on the pitch would think twice. 

It could have been very serious today, had the Mansfield fans (some of whom were quite angry at the end of the match) come onto the pitch as well.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on April 08, 2017, 06:46:44 pm by the vicar »
pitch invasion took place and no trouble people came off after just a few minutes and then the players came out not a problem at all just as it should be.  the lad with the piro is on cam from the ground so a banng order comming

ballysbackin

« Reply #96 on April 08, 2017, 06:54:10 pm by ballysbackin »
Plenty of trouble followed it though

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on April 08, 2017, 06:59:50 pm by MrFrost »
Plenty of trouble followed it though

That would have happened anyway, and the police could have sorted it well before but instead they sat and watch Mansfield fans smash up seats and advertising boards.

Why was no one up in arms when Burton invaded the pitch last season

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on April 08, 2017, 07:26:00 pm by RedJ »
Can someone explain just how it ruined anything? as someone on facebook said, the players always go back in for ages anyway before the lap of honour.

Genuinely can't believe that the day we go up people are having a f**king tantrum about this.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on April 08, 2017, 08:30:19 pm by POD »
Only about 1/4 of Rovers fans were left in the ground to witness the celebration.  What would have been better would have been a walk round the pitch immediately after the final whistle, as the players do after each home match.  In that way, the majority of the crowd would perhaps have stayed and made it a much more spontaneous celebration. 

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on April 08, 2017, 08:33:13 pm by bobjimwilly »
I get the pitch invasion, and it doesn't bother me if people go on the pitch, c'est la vie. But why couldn't people wait until the final whistle before crossing the ad boards? Don't tell me people were that overcome with emotion they had to be the first on the pitch?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on April 08, 2017, 09:03:38 pm by drfchound »
Only about 1/4 of Rovers fans were left in the ground to witness the celebration.  What would have been better would have been a walk round the pitch immediately after the final whistle, as the players do after each home match.  In that way, the majority of the crowd would perhaps have stayed and made it a much more spontaneous celebration.

:that:
As you say, the pitch invasion,that took at least 15 minutes to clear, not a few minutes, meant that about three quarters of the crowd had gone before the team came back out.
No doubt this will happen again if we win the league.
As most were spotty kids I suppose they won't know better next time.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on April 08, 2017, 09:05:26 pm by RedJ »

:that: about three quarters of the crowd had gone before the team came back out.

Sorry but this is virtually always the case anyway.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on April 08, 2017, 09:06:38 pm by goalkick »
Look at the age group of those on the pitch.speaks for itself why there was one.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on April 08, 2017, 09:12:32 pm by drfchound »

:that: about three quarters of the crowd had gone before the team came back out.

Sorry but this is virtually always the case anyway.

Well we will never know about what might have been today will we because of what happened at the end.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on April 08, 2017, 09:23:24 pm by wesisback »
Look at the age group of those on the pitch.speaks for itself why there was one.
I've seen the QPR highlights in the FA Cup all those years ago. As with every person who has chastised the pitch invasion its old age hypocrisy. We never acted like that in our day  :whistle:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on April 08, 2017, 09:28:03 pm by idler »
That was spontaneous, not talked about for days on end.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on April 08, 2017, 09:32:34 pm by drfchound »
........and it wasn't after requests by the club not to do it.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on April 08, 2017, 09:41:23 pm by CantleyRed »
At OBV all through the 70s and beyond we used to run on the pitch "spontaneously" at the end of every game!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on April 08, 2017, 09:41:53 pm by Filo »
I've seen the QPR highlights in the FA Cup all those years ago. As with every person who has chastised the pitch invasion its old age hypocrisy. We never acted like that in our day  :whistle:

I certainly did, got on top of the dugout when we beat Bournmouth for promotion all those years ago

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on April 08, 2017, 09:44:12 pm by Pancho Regan »
Shame on the lot of you who invaded the pitch.

Totally selfish.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on April 08, 2017, 09:48:24 pm by Donnywolf »
........and it wasn't after requests by the club not to do it.

... or against the (current) Laws of the land

If it has to be done again (after the Title becomes ours) then I would hope the Club (who I dont really think were at fault) might have a physical or Steward type barrier to go across half way.

It was obvious that people were determined to get on the Pitch and fair play I have done it myself (when not illegal) and they did eventually retreat back to the South Stand but there were some who "baited" the Mansfield fans and they should have been kept well back or even nicked.

We were supposed to be celebrating Promotion not goading those less fortunate than ourselves

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on April 08, 2017, 10:01:05 pm by Pancho Regan »
That was spontaneous, not talked about for days on end.

Talked about on here. By blokes in their 60s

And condoned by such as you. Congratulations.

It was quite obvious what the intentions were of the first of the 'fans' who invaded the pitch at the final whistle.
It had nothing to do with your point about an expression of spontaneous joy and excitement. Their intention was to goad and incite the Mansfield fans, even to the point of some numbskull hurling a flare at them.

I hope you enjoyed this spectacle of spontaneous celebration.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on April 08, 2017, 10:05:11 pm by Pancho Regan »
I knew you would.
Was it you with the flare? Great shot, credit due!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on April 08, 2017, 10:13:33 pm by idler »
I can't believe you spend so much time talking to the older fans.😉

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on April 08, 2017, 10:20:03 pm by podrover73 »
The pitch invasion was bound to happen, that's why all the stewards were there in the first place.
What needs to happen for future events such as this is to allow the fans on to the pitch to halfway and the players leave the field of play.
Then as used to happen at Belle Vue the players return in the gantry area in the West stand above the dug outs , and we can all chant and cheer from there .   :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: 

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on April 08, 2017, 10:24:22 pm by wesisback »
I loved that little walkway at OBV - like a proper knackered version of Wembley.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on April 08, 2017, 10:42:29 pm by idler »
That is a brilliant description Wes.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on April 08, 2017, 10:53:15 pm by CantleyRed »
Look at all those idiots on the pitch lol

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on April 08, 2017, 10:56:54 pm by andysly »

That my friend was a proper spontaneous reaction to a very unexpected event, one which I was involved in, however I did get a bit of a look from my Dad when I came back.  :rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012