Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 04:25:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pitch Invasion...  (Read 20208 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Pitch Invasion...
« Reply #120 on April 08, 2017, 11:22:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Tbh the pitch invasions more than likely going to happen, the biggest issue would be everybody over the advertising hoardings before the final whistle went ( no they didnt encroach onto the pitch as such but that area is termed as the pitch so they did) which in turn would have caused the instructions to go out to start taking the nets down BEFORE the final whistle, that is just stupidity.
If its your thing to invade do it  after the final whistle from behind the barriers,  its ok the club will pay the fine if the FA chose to impose one and everybody will pay by increased ticket prices next season and beyond to cover it 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on April 08, 2017, 11:51:58 pm by Big MAC »
I can understand the pitch invasion but why did it take so long to get back behind the barriers so the players would come out.

Ffs, it not rocket science to do as you are asked! behind the barriers not stood on the pitch, not sat on the  pitch side hoardings!, behind the barriers!!!!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on April 09, 2017, 12:03:40 am by PDX_Rover »
Anyone remember when Boro I think it was got promoted at OBV and their fans were right on the touch line and down the pop side of the pitch for 10 minutes before the end? In fact, I think the ref blew a bit early as it was clearly ridiculous to play on.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on April 09, 2017, 12:20:20 am by RedJ »
Absolutely laughable the uproar on here rather than celebrating the fact that we're promoted people are booting off about people choosing to celebrate in a manner different to their own.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on April 09, 2017, 12:26:18 am by Jenny »
A case of TDF isn't it.... always gotta be moaning

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on April 09, 2017, 12:54:48 am by Filo »
Absolutely laughable the uproar on here rather than celebrating the fact that we're promoted people are booting off about people choosing to celebrate in a manner different to their own.

I would n't call it uproar, half a dozen people thats all

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on April 09, 2017, 08:21:14 am by wesisback »
Anyone remember when Boro I think it was got promoted at OBV and their fans were right on the touch line and down the pop side of the pitch for 10 minutes before the end? In fact, I think the ref blew a bit early as it was clearly ridiculous to play on.
Cut and paste job instead of hyperlink as I'm on mobile however:
https://youtu.be/6_1ua-isYfg

It's about 50 minutes in.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on April 09, 2017, 08:34:49 am by not on facebook »
https://youtu.be/3kqGEIrN2_E

4:52 on...

I was at this game and technically was not on the pitch as I was on top of home team dug out ,rest of hers should all have recieved banning orders according to laws of the land ,or did that law not stand because rovers were a conference team.

As for the pitch invasion yesterday ,it will allways happen so let them get on with it and stop breaking their balls for doing so .learn to live with it and act accordingly .

I guess that you could draw a line straight down the middle,for or against pitch invasions baised on your age group in the norm.

Let's be honest if rovers had won promotion say at millwall on whatever game of season ,that there would not be any major que of rush to run onto their pitch like westbrom and burton did at KMS

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on April 09, 2017, 08:45:50 am by Mac the hooped man »
The pitch invasion was bound to happen, that's why all the stewards were there in the first place.
What needs to happen for future events such as this is to allow the fans on to the pitch to halfway and the players leave the field of play.
Then as used to happen at Belle Vue the players return in the gantry area in the West stand above the dug outs , and we can all chant and cheer from there .   :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I've a question, that I'm sure I've asked before,  when the frik did the pitch stop being referred to as the pitch?, and instead,  this field of play bobbins.   :thumbdown:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on April 09, 2017, 08:46:02 am by the vicar »
Only about 1/4 of Rovers fans were left in the ground to witness the celebration.  What would have been better would have been a walk round the pitch immediately after the final whistle, as the players do after each home match.  In that way, the majority of the crowd would perhaps have stayed and made it a much more spontaneous celebration.

:that:
As you say, the pitch invasion,that took at least 15 minutes to clear, not a few minutes, meant that about three quarters of the crowd had gone before the team came back out.
No doubt this will happen again if we win the league.
As most were spotty kids I suppose they won't know better next time.

sorry but after the pitch had been cleared it took 10 mins for the players to come out, it always does take ages to come out cos they celebrate in the changing room then come out

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on April 09, 2017, 08:49:27 am by the vicar »
if they let them go on have there 5 mins celebration then get them off for the players to come out no probs there

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on April 09, 2017, 08:56:24 am by RedJ »
Only about 1/4 of Rovers fans were left in the ground to witness the celebration.  What would have been better would have been a walk round the pitch immediately after the final whistle, as the players do after each home match.  In that way, the majority of the crowd would perhaps have stayed and made it a much more spontaneous celebration.

As you say, the pitch invasion,that took at least 15 minutes to clear, not a few minutes, meant that about three quarters of the crowd had gone before the team came back out.

sorry but after the pitch had been cleared it took 10 mins for the players to come out, it always does take ages to come out cos they celebrate in the changing room then come out

Exactly. Ridiculous that people are blaming the people on the pitch for how long it took to come back out. And ridiculous that people are saying loads of people went home early because of it - there's ALWAYS the vast majority of people already gone home by the time the players come back out.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on April 09, 2017, 09:20:24 am by auckleyflyer »
Fek me, everyone's done it, everyone grows up and sees its ridiculous! But to chastise the young ones for having their moment is mean mannered. We should be happy they're attending and obviously having fun.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on April 09, 2017, 09:28:44 am by not on facebook »
Well said auckleyflyer good not have said it better myself .

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on April 09, 2017, 09:51:42 am by GazLaz »
Fek me, everyone's done it, everyone grows up and sees its ridiculous! But to chastise the young ones for having their moment is mean mannered. We should be happy they're attending and obviously having fun.

This.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on April 09, 2017, 10:25:32 am by goalkick »
Think my point was missed by some people.this is the normal reaction you would expect from youngsters. :suicide:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on April 09, 2017, 10:31:39 am by RedJ »
Take it everyone who disagrees with you is just some reprobate who needs a good hiding.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on April 09, 2017, 10:36:24 am by not on facebook »
That's what my auckleyflyer has pointed out mr goalkick ,it's a younger generation trate .

We have all or done it or wanted to do do it in our younger years get onto the big green patch .

Back in our days it was not against the law ,you just got a thick ear from a policeman if you was unlucky and that was it.

Now you can be dragged throu the courts and banned or finned ,or get serious boos from some sections of home fans.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on April 09, 2017, 11:45:56 am by auckleyflyer »
Days like yesterday, also mean well have a fan base when you and I are past it or deed!! Glass half full chaps!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on April 09, 2017, 11:53:09 am by GazLaz »
This is the most pathetic thread I've ever read on here that wasn't started by Frost or Norfolk.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on April 09, 2017, 12:27:09 pm by balbyrover »
Some people just love to grumble.  It was a few supporters (mainly the future generation of supporters) enjoying their day.
How often does it happen? Sit back,watch and enjoy the moment.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on April 09, 2017, 12:39:18 pm by the vicar »

Exactly. Ridiculous that people are blaming the people on the pitch for how long it took to come back out. And ridiculous that people are saying loads of people went home early because of it - there's ALWAYS the vast majority of people already gone home by the time the players come back out.
the people that stayed behind was all the hardcore rovers fans most that went home was the glory hunters, but the club need them to pay there money so we need them to keep coming

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on April 09, 2017, 01:24:47 pm by Filo »

the people that stayed behind was all the hardcore rovers fans most that went home was the glory hunters, but the club need them to pay there money so we need them to keep coming

I'm no glory fan, but when work starts at 17:30 thers no time to hang around

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on April 09, 2017, 01:35:22 pm by IDM »
I can understand the pitch invasion and celebrations.  I don't however like the attitude that SOME of our fans have that they can do what they want.

Before and during the game the club asked fans to stay off the pitch, but some chose to ignore that.

So for me, the issue of going on the pitch to celebrate isn't a big issue, more the attitudes. 

As for throwing a flare at the opposition fans, what a f**king tool.  Hopefully the culprit can be identified and banged to rights. 

If we can condone the pitch invasion albeit after requests not to, then chucking flares around is out order, isn't it??

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on April 09, 2017, 01:52:55 pm by not on facebook »
Lobbing a flare into the away fans is a stupid thing to do for sure.

Bet the culprit is crapping himself while expecting his front door getting kicked in by SYP. This is not a good experience to find yourself in thats for sure.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on April 09, 2017, 02:12:03 pm by RedJ »
His own stupid fault.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on April 09, 2017, 02:24:55 pm by not on facebook »
Whatever comes his way he really has not got a leg to stand on as he.

His arse will fall in if SYP knock on his door,its allways a special police type of knock that they only do.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on April 09, 2017, 06:43:23 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I was behind the kid who threw it (albeit about 100 yards behind him). Someone else had the flare and threw it towards the touch line. I saw the kid walk up and pick it up and at first I thought he'd throw it off the pitch out of the way. Instead the d**khead chucked it into the middle of the exiting Mansfield fans. Considering the amount of bobbies & stewards around he'll be handing himself in if he's got any sense.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on April 09, 2017, 06:48:42 pm by Filo »
I was behind the kid who threw it (albeit about 100 yards behind him). Someone else had the flare and threw it towards the touch line. I saw the kid walk up and pick it up and at first I thought he'd throw it off the pitch out of the way. Instead the d**khead chucked it into the middle of the exiting Mansfield fans. Considering the amount of bobbies & stewards around he'll be handing himself in if he's got any sense.

I think his actions have already answered your assumption 😀😀😀

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on April 09, 2017, 08:08:34 pm by the vicar »

I'm no glory fan, but when work starts at 17:30 thers no time to hang around
Did i once mane you, the answer is NO NOT AT ALL

TinyPortal © 2005-2012