Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 07:55:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today's ref  (Read 7210 times)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
Today's ref
« on April 17, 2017, 05:07:49 pm by coventryrover »
Taking my rovers blinkers off I have to hand it to the ref who got all the decisions correct.

Blair first yellow was reckless,  2nd just stupid.

First pen baudry was using as arms as leverage to get height but hit his hand.

Second pen, 2 defenders stood off and their playing got through.   Contact thus pen.

Hard with 10 men but we invited them onto us.  Pool weren't great but we're didn't turn up

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: Today's ref
« Reply #1 on April 17, 2017, 05:11:32 pm by dknward2 »
I accept the fouls we committed but the fact he didn't book a single blackpool player despite just as many fouls

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 17, 2017, 05:12:34 pm by mushRTID »
The 2nd pen was a yard outside the box. Disgraceful decision.

He then looked like he'd realised and pointed outside the box (even their manager was going mad) then did nothing.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 17, 2017, 05:17:19 pm by northern soul »
The 2nd pen was a yard outside the box. Disgraceful decision.

He then looked like he'd realised and pointed outside the box (even their manager was going mad) then did nothing.
Exactly this. I'm not far off in line and it was contact outside the box 2 steps then over.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 17, 2017, 05:29:38 pm by GazLaz »
The second penalty looked outside the box, the red card and the first pen were probably correct.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 17, 2017, 05:34:08 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Can't believe he over ruled the linesman who was only 10 yards away if that! I'm in south and on that side it was a good 2 yards outside

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 17, 2017, 05:35:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Second penalty was a shocking decision, good yard out the box.  Blair's first was a poor decision too. Not a yellow card in my eyes.  If you give that a yellow there's tonnes more you have to give.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 17, 2017, 05:38:05 pm by MrFrost »
Outside the box. Linesman said it was too but the ref wanted them to have another one.

Surprised Fergie wasn't sent to the stand, he had hold of the fourth official at one point.

Haven't been this wound up after a game since Kitson.

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 17, 2017, 05:48:40 pm by ZiggerZagger »
Never seen anything like that in all my years of watching football. Even when that dick head with the whistle went over to talk with the linesman, you could see the linesman point outside the box.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 17, 2017, 05:51:27 pm by colincramb »
For all the moaning about the ref, we really didn't help ourselves today. We resorted to playing long balls, mostly hit aimlessly down the pitch to nobody or Alfie.

We looked tired all game. Based on that the last 3 games will be a struggle to get over the line

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 17, 2017, 05:55:21 pm by bobbymax »
I like to pretend that the English game is basically fair. I can also tolerate inept, after all this is League 2.
Fortunately, I'm not going bound by FA rules so I can say that this refereeing performance was nothing short of crooked. Blair's second yellow card - yep. First card, the guy slipped, no intent, not even worth a telling off.
The two pens, the first was highly questionable but that clown had been itching to affect the game in one way or another. The second was a yard outside the box.
I lost count of the number of fouls they committed in the first half yet not one of them was even spoken to. They really were one of the poorest sides I've seen this season as I can't remember them having an effort on target until well into the final quarter.
On the plus side, how good was young Wright. Even our second XI was battering them before Bozo Boyeson intervened.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 17, 2017, 06:00:16 pm by MrFrost »
I like to pretend that the English game is basically fair. I can also tolerate inept, after all this is League 2.
Fortunately, I'm not going bound by FA rules so I can say that this refereeing performance was nothing short of crooked. Blair's second yellow card - yep. First card, the guy slipped, no intent, not even worth a telling off.
The two pens, the first was highly questionable but that clown had been itching to affect the game in one way or another. The second was a yard outside the box.
I lost count of the number of fouls they committed in the first half yet not one of them was even spoken to. They really were one of the poorest sides I've seen this season as I can't remember them having an effort on target until well into the final quarter.
On the plus side, how good was young Wright. Even our second XI was battering them before Bozo Boyeson intervened.

The first was one of the most blatant penalties I've ever seen. You can't even begin to argue it.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 17, 2017, 06:02:35 pm by Upton Rover »
The players have thrown today's game away the sending off and the 2 silly penaltys. Regardless of the poor officials the team let themselves down today

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 17, 2017, 06:04:51 pm by drfchound »
Blairs first booking was a joke, not reckless at all.
He lost his footing and just slid into the Blackpool player.
The red card came about because the second one WAS a yellow but a poor decision early on gave the ref no choice.

The first pen was a correct decision but I can't understand for the life of me why Baudry decided to punch the ball in that position.

The second pen, as everyone else except the OP has said, was clearly not a pen.
The trip was outside the box by at least two feet.

As for us inviting them on, well that was only after the red card.
In the first half we were very good and it took three fine saves to stop us going in at half time with a lead.

Marco only had a couple of things to do in the first half.

I actually thought we defended very well after the sending off and thoroughly deserved to at least draw.

A shocking ref overall and not just the two big decisions.
He made a few bizarre ones, not least not boooking the Blackpool defender who continually held on to JM's shirt throughout the game.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 17, 2017, 06:14:48 pm by MrFrost »
Marquis took a hell of a knee to the back in the first half. Nothing given

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 17, 2017, 06:22:34 pm by roversdude »
Haven't a clue what Baudry was doing for 1st pen
Blair's first booking wouldn't have been so bad if the (excuse for a) ref had administered punishment in that vein for the rest of the game

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 17, 2017, 06:24:36 pm by i_ateallthepies »
On the Blair yellows, as I remember it he went in with his foot waist high for the first which is dangerous and rightly booked.  The 2nd was also clearly dangerous and a 2nd booking was inevitable.

As Mr Frost has said, the first penalty was the most blatant you will ever see.  The second was also correct as, after the player got past Longbottom and into the box Longbottom was holding the player by the waist with his left hand.  Player went down and penalty given.  Nothing to complain about there, other than perhaps why Fergie would make the decision to put a youth team player on in a game when we're down to ten men and trying to see the game out.

Though it pains me to say it, the ref got all of those big decisions right.  As for even handedness?  He was shit, turning the other cheek at the blatant gamesmanship and time wasting of Blackpool.  It's no surprise that he gave them the big decisions, we made it easy for him.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 17, 2017, 06:26:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
DF set the stage before the game when he said he was going to freshen things up and protect some other players.

Fair do's if a couple of players were carrying injuries I.e. Butler and McCullough. Given all that and finding ourselves down to ten men, we were defending well with Blackpool hardly having a chance, why put on one of our most inexperienced players on? Was Grant incapable of finishing the game? Couldn't Keegan or Lund, being more experienced, do a job to secures point? Just seemed the wrong circumstances to put Longbottom on.

That doesn't excuse Baudry from playing basketball and undermining the hard work up to that point. He got lucky. Will Longbottom didn't but shouldn't have been brought on for me. He's probably devastated right now.

Just seemed we were destined to sacrifice 3 points today. 

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 17, 2017, 06:28:01 pm by mushRTID »
I'm shocked people think it was a pen. I'd have to see it back, hopefully there will be highlights tonight. It looks miles out the area from my seat.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 17, 2017, 06:28:11 pm by Bessie Red »

Completely agree with everything you said there Bobby. Carl Boyeson is up there with the very worst referees in the EFL. He always wants to affect tbe game in one way or another. He was totally one sided towards Blackpool today & seemed intent on getting them a win.
Having said that we were well off the pace today & it showed that we do need to strengthen the squad for next season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 17, 2017, 06:30:28 pm by drfchound »
On the Blair yellows, as I remember it he went in with his foot waist high for the first which is dangerous and rightly booked.  The 2nd was also clearly dangerous and a 2nd booking was inevitable.

As Mr Frost has said, the first penalty was the most blatant you will ever see.  The second was also correct as, after the player got past Longbottom and into the box Longbottom was holding the player by the waist with his left hand.  Player went down and penalty given.  Nothing to complain about there, other than perhaps why Fergie would make the decision to put a youth team player on in a game when we're down to ten men and trying to see the game out.

Though it pains me to say it, the ref got all of those big decisions right.  As for even handedness?  He was shit, turning the other cheek at the blatant gamesmanship and time wasting of Blackpool.  It's no surprise that he gave them the big decisions, we made it easy for him.

Blairs feet slipped from under him as he approached their player.
It was an unintentional foul, nothing more and certainly not a yellow card offence.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 17, 2017, 06:36:54 pm by GazLaz »

Blairs feet slipped from under him as he approached their player.
It was an unintentional foul, nothing more and certainly not a yellow card offence.

Blair slipped but it was reckless. I need to see it again but intentional or not it still can be a caution.

ballysbackin

« Reply #22 on April 17, 2017, 06:41:16 pm by ballysbackin »
The players have thrown today's game away the sending off and the 2 silly penaltys. Regardless of the poor officials the team let themselves down today

The Mqanagr picked the team, he lost the game as far as I am concerned.

ballysbackin

« Reply #23 on April 17, 2017, 06:43:59 pm by ballysbackin »
Haven't a clue what Baudry was doing for 1st pen
Blair's first booking wouldn't have been so bad if the (excuse for a) ref had administered punishment in that vein for the rest of the game

Perhaps hew was getting his own back on Ferguson for calling him Rubbish last week. For f**k sake the ball was going out with not a prayer of the forward getting it. If they lose the title the manager gets it from me

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 17, 2017, 06:46:15 pm by drfchound »
Bally, I was astonished when ne raised his hand to the ball.
There was no danger of them scoring from where play was heading.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 17, 2017, 07:00:32 pm by ravenrover »
Nothing to do with the ref we were poor today and lost, we were equally poor against Mansfield but got away with it. IMHO we have not effectively replaced Houghton who is still my player of the season

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 17, 2017, 07:02:02 pm by drfchound »
FFS we were not poor up to the red card.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 17, 2017, 07:13:17 pm by ravenrover »
We disagree then

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 17, 2017, 07:17:59 pm by drfchound »
Apparently mate, opinions eh.

ravenrover

• VSC Member