Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 08:12:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today's ref  (Read 7211 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Today's ref
« Reply #30 on April 17, 2017, 07:30:43 pm by drfchound »
I hope the ref and linesman have a look at the second pen decision on the highlights.
They should hang their heads in shame.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 17, 2017, 07:32:00 pm by MrFrost »
I hope the ref and linesman have a look at the second pen decision on the highlights.
They should hang their heads in shame.

The linesman was saying it was outside of the box, the ref overruled him

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 17, 2017, 07:32:56 pm by ravenrover »
Thought the lino was saying it was outside the box but the ref overuled

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 17, 2017, 07:35:30 pm by drfchound »
Thought the lino was saying it was outside the box but the ref overuled

I am not so sure about that.
The linesman took up the standard position for a pen straight away.
What is a mystery to me though is why the ref pointed to the spot outside of the box where the foul first took place then still awarded the pen.

donnyguy61

« Reply #34 on April 17, 2017, 07:36:38 pm by donnyguy61 »
The lino signalled for the foul not a penalty  :(

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 17, 2017, 07:40:56 pm by drfchound »
So why did he take his position on the edge of the box and not stay on the touch Line?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 17, 2017, 07:44:31 pm by Padge_DRFC »
All officials will have been assessed today. Either the ref or assistant will get a minus 20 applied to their overall score and it won't be the assistant from what I saw of the second penalty incident he was closer and was correct. Even pointed second time to the ref where it was

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 17, 2017, 07:45:46 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Only minus 20 😁

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 17, 2017, 07:47:25 pm by RoversAlias »
The lino went to the penalty box line because he has to follow the consequence of the referee's decision. As he did so he communicated with the ref and it was then that Boyeson bizarrely indicated to outside the box then kept to his original decision. All on the ref if you ask me.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 17, 2017, 07:49:20 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Ye how it use to be I think every major decision wrong may have changed since

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 17, 2017, 07:51:24 pm by The Red Baron »
Like the infamous Mr Russell Boyeson turned up today determined to influence the game. He was awful throughout. I can see why Blair was sent off but if he'd been consistent after that early booking there would have been five or six on each side. The first penalty, no argument, stupid by Baudry, but the second was clearly outside the box. Worse still, the lino seemed to be trying to dig him out of the hole.

It was as if once Blackpool had missed the first penalty he was determined to give them another.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 17, 2017, 08:08:09 pm by Campsall rover »
I like to pretend that the English game is basically fair. I can also tolerate inept, after all this is League 2.
Fortunately, I'm not going bound by FA rules so I can say that this refereeing performance was nothing short of crooked. Blair's second yellow card - yep. First card, the guy slipped, no intent, not even worth a telling off.
The two pens, the first was highly questionable but that clown had been itching to affect the game in one way or another. The second was a yard outside the box.
I lost count of the number of fouls they committed in the first half yet not one of them was even spoken to. They really were one of the poorest sides I've seen this season as I can't remember them having an effort on target until well into the final quarter.
On the plus side, how good was young Wright. Even our second XI was battering them before Bozo Boyeson intervened.
Agree totally with all you have said. You saved me having to write what you have written.
Boyeson must have £200 on Plymouth at 25/1 to win the league.
We would almost certainly have won with 11 men. Blackpool were very poor and were only ever going to score from a set piece and that looked unlikely.
I am still fuming and it is going to take a few hours to calm down.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 17, 2017, 08:11:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just looking at Blair's second yellow, what did he actually do wrong? He was just trying to block and the Blackpool player looked more guilty of the foul as his sheepish reaction suggests.

On the second penalty incident, yes it was outside the box but, why put an inexperienced player in that position. Poor sub in my opinion.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 17, 2017, 08:42:21 pm by Donnywolf »
I did point out on the Rate the Ref Thread that last time he reffed us he got 14 x Nil Points

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=256249.msg609796

I am going to give him NIL again but I am with I_ateallthepies .... most of the decisions he made seemed right. I cant comment / be sure about the second Pen as it may have been in or out

However he was a totally inconsistent Muppet for the whole game. Wright got booked when in his own half and committing a foul (not a bad foul) Blackpool players however did 2 fouls when we were well in their half and within 10 seconds of each other and both were dangerous / rash and in the context of the game were Yellows all day long

Not for this Muppet - Hope he never darkens our door again

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 17, 2017, 08:46:08 pm by PDX_Rover »
Just saw the "highlights." Not clear what Blair did wrong for his second yellow.

Their penalty. It's not in the box for a start. And it's hard to see how it's even a free kick anyway. The Rovers player barely touched him and the lad goes on a bit then falls over... insane decision.

Time to get focused again. I'd hate for us not to win the title now. I think we will and I bet DF not happy.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 17, 2017, 09:09:28 pm by Donnywolf »
He shouted F******g rubbish at the Ref at the top of his voice at one point ! Deffo NOT happy

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 18, 2017, 08:37:25 am by DRFCMach2man »
Watched the penalty playback several times and conclude that- contact, albeit soft WAS a good foot outside the box and their player did two small movements then fell into the box. Sadly the ref bought it despite his linesman attempting to do the right thing.
Not the best defending in that position but not a penalty, the players sheepish reaction also tells the story.
That's it that game has gone we go again against Wycombe and I feel we will do what is required. :rtid:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 18, 2017, 01:50:42 pm by IDM »
Blair's first yellow was correct IMHO, slip or not - but the second was not worthy of a card.

First penalty, no problem with that - bad mistake by Frenchie..

Second penalty - never in a month of Sundays.. Dubious even to be a foul never mind outside the box.

We were worthy of a lead on the first half showing, did well, created chances which Blackpool stopped rather than us missing.  The sending off killed our attacking force until Gary McS came on, and Marquis got nowt all afternoon from the Ref.

Yes, we may not have gone on to score, but that shocking penalty decision cost us a potentially vital point and a 0-0 at that stage would have been acceptable.

I can stomach losing when we play crap, face better opposition, or play well but miss our chances like vs Plymouth - no complaints there.  But yesterday made my piss boil.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 18, 2017, 03:18:49 pm by oggycompton »
Some blinkers on here.

Baudry may as well have caught it for the first penalty, blatant as anything and to be honest sat in the family stand I thought the ref id very well to even spot it.

Can't comment on the second one as it was the other side of the pitch.

Blair, definite yellow for first one, slip or not. Second one was just very silly when he was on a yellow. Definite sending off for me.

We looked abject, tired and struggled for me. Get over the line somehow and go again next year.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 18, 2017, 03:25:04 pm by MrFrost »
Some blinkers on here.

Baudry may as well have caught it for the first penalty, blatant as anything and to be honest sat in the family stand I thought the ref id very well to even spot it.

Blair, definite yellow for first one, slip or not. Second one was just very silly when he was on a yellow. Definite sending off for me.

We looked abject, tired and struggled for me. Get over the line somehow and go again next year.

There's no blinkers. Watch the highlights. Nowhere near in the box, and their guy dives. A shame the ref didn't listen to his assistant.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 18, 2017, 03:30:11 pm by drfchound »
Some blinkers on here.

There's no blinkers. Watch the highlights. Nowhere near in the box, and their guy dives. A shame the ref didn't listen to his assistant.

Also i dont think there are many objections to the awarding of the first pen.

ck-rtid

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 18, 2017, 03:35:40 pm by ck-rtid »
The lino signalled for the foul not a penalty  :(

Assistant referees are now meant to just signal a foul instead of the flag across the chest for a penalty.

ck-rtid

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 18, 2017, 03:37:28 pm by ck-rtid »
Blair's first yellow could quite easily have been a red, 2nd yellow wasn't even a foul IMO. 2nd penalty defo outside area

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 18, 2017, 05:16:00 pm by Dagenham Rover »
The lino signalled for the foul not a penalty :(

Assistant referees are now meant to just signal a foul instead of the flag across the chest for a penalty.

ermm yes thats what he said  ;)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 18, 2017, 07:59:24 pm by Donnywolf »
Blair's first yellow could quite easily have been a red, 2nd yellow wasn't even a foul IMO. 2nd penalty defo outside area

There was a similar Foul in a game earlier this Season where an oppo smashed our bloke to bits just outside area left hand side at South Stand end after 2 minutes or so.

It warranted red but the Ref chose I seem to remember to give the defender a talking to as it was (he probably thought) a bit mistimed as it was "early" in the game. We scored a wonder free kick but it just shows the inconsistency of the current crop of Refs.

What I mean is if its a Red Card offence in the 86th minute then if its identical its also one in the 3rd minute in EVERY game - but it just does not happen "consistently"

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 18, 2017, 08:06:40 pm by i_ateallthepies »
As I posted yesterday, Longbottom was holding the player around the waist... somebody has posted a still which clearly shows it - albeit at that point a foot outside the box.  The striker stayed on his feet until inside the box and went down.  Where's the debate?  He was being fouled and went down IN THE BOX.  We've all seen much worse not given but nevertheless Longbottom was committing a foul.  Clear penalty.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 18, 2017, 08:19:11 pm by drfchound »
Excuse me if I am wrong here then pies but if a player is running towards goal and is fouled ( tripped or held back) a couple of metres outside the box, then stays upright until inside the penalty area and then falls over, are you saying that should be a penalty?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 18, 2017, 08:25:03 pm by eastender »
It doesn't matter where or when he goes down , the free kicked should be taken from where contact was first made.
Which in this case was clearly outside the Penalty box.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 18, 2017, 08:26:28 pm by drfchound »
It doesn't matter where or when he goes down , the free kicked should be taken from where contact was first made.

Well I know that mate but I am wondering what pies opinion is on the situation.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 18, 2017, 08:31:27 pm by eastender »

Well I know that mate but I am wondering what pies opinion is on the situation.

Sorry Mr Hound for the confusion , but i was replying to Mr Pie .
I know your stance on it , No Penalty

TinyPortal © 2005-2012