Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 01:28:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marketing (again)  (Read 4243 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Marketing (again)
« on April 26, 2017, 09:07:29 am by MrFrost »
So, here we are, 3 days away from a potential title winning game, and yep, you guessed it, it hasn't been mentioned anywhere on any of the clubs social media or internet sites.

Now, I know some of you believe that the club don't need to market it as anyone wanting to go will know about the game, however, I don't see the logic in why they aren't promoting the fixture and trying to "sell" the game to floating supporters.

The Black Bank have been doing their bit, but how daft will it look if the South Stand is half empty (because looking at the online graphic theres still over 2000 tickets left in there, and less than 5000 sold in the whole stadium.)

It makes no sense to me at all.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Syme

• Forum Member
Re: Marketing (again)
« Reply #1 on April 26, 2017, 09:16:14 am by Syme »
It is pretty poor to be honest. You have to go back three days on the Twitter feed to find a mention, and the Facebook page doesn't seem to mention it at all.

There's plenty of stuff on there about season tickets and the Foundation, so they obviously have time to do it, but it doesn't seem to be a priority.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 26, 2017, 10:05:19 am by IDM »
Is there a ticket offer for the game??

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 26, 2017, 10:45:58 am by not on facebook »
Yes buy one ticket for X amount and you can get another ticker for exactly same X amount untill stocks last

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 26, 2017, 10:56:20 am by idler »
So all of the south stand fans don't know that there is an important game on Saturday?
All of those that ran on at the end of the Mansfield game surely must.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 26, 2017, 10:59:35 am by GazLaz »
There doesn't have seem to have been much hype around I agree. All about the hype.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 26, 2017, 11:11:54 am by esdailles left foot »
Like him or loathe him the club really misses Ryan Murrant and his ideas

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 26, 2017, 11:15:29 am by Syme »

Which ones?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 26, 2017, 12:31:31 pm by StocktonRover »
Remind me how many extra bums his often embarrassing rambling put on seats?
He had a hi rate of messages but most were about Ted f**king Baker.....

ballysbackin

« Reply #9 on April 26, 2017, 12:41:55 pm by ballysbackin »
The club at the moment I believe are sourcing all their efforts on ST sales, Who knows what will happen on Saturday.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 26, 2017, 12:52:22 pm by Syme »
Remind me how many extra bums his often embarrassing rambling put on seats?
He had a hi rate of messages but most were about Ted f**king Baker.....

'Ted to Toe', at least twice a week.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 26, 2017, 12:59:24 pm by RoversAlias »
Whoever is in charge of the Marketing department is just not doing their job effectively enough, they can't be. I don't think we should return to Murrant's juvenile LAD banter but there has to be some way of addressing the continued glaring lack of acumen that exists at the club's marketing division. It isn't rocket science is it?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 26, 2017, 03:18:41 pm by wesisback »
It's been abysmal this season. As someone above has pointed out above, under Murrant it potentially got a bit too laddish however this season has seen the Twitter, Facebook and site become uninspiring. In fact I can't remember when I last checked any of them which is a shocking indictment.
The match feed on Twitter in particular has taken a massive step backwards for anyone who can't attend the game.

As someone who has stepped away but still has communication with those that are involved, there was zero will from the club to get the South filled for the Exeter game in terms of offers which seems mad considering the success of the Stoke Tifo. There has been very few offers put on for the occasional fan this year at a time when we've played some excellent football at home. This is the time to hook people and its been missed. 

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 26, 2017, 03:36:53 pm by MrFrost »
It's been abysmal this season. As someone above has pointed out above, under Murrant it potentially got a bit too laddish however this season has seen the Twitter, Facebook and site become uninspiring. In fact I can't remember when I last checked any of them which is a shocking indictment.
The match feed on Twitter in particular has taken a massive step backwards for anyone who can't attend the game.

As someone who has stepped away but still has communication with those that are involved, there was zero will from the club to get the South filled for the Exeter game in terms of offers which seems mad considering the success of the Stoke Tifo. There has been very few offers put on for the occasional fan this year at a time when we've played some excellent football at home. This is the time to hook people and its been missed. 

It begs the question why they aren't bothered though.

To not mention a potential title winning game less than 3 days before the fixture is ridiculous.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 26, 2017, 03:39:52 pm by MrFrost »
Added to that, I've not had the usual email trying to sell me tickets either.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 26, 2017, 03:47:14 pm by IDM »
That email is erratic though - I usually get it after I have bought tickets..

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 26, 2017, 06:01:35 pm by graingrover »
This thread should be headed advertising not marketing . The club has excelled at Strategic marketing with the CLUB Doncaster FOUNDATION initiatives .

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 26, 2017, 06:03:42 pm by RedJ »
Advertising is a part of marketing.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 26, 2017, 06:34:23 pm by graingrover »
Advertising is a part of marketing.

Yes I remember lol !

The Red Baron

• VSC Member

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 26, 2017, 07:46:38 pm by esdailles left foot »
Whoever is in charge of the Marketing department is just not doing their job effectively enough, they can't be. I don't think we should return to Murrant's juvenile LAD banter but there has to be some way of addressing the continued glaring lack of acumen that exists at the club's marketing division. It isn't rocket science is it?
It's because apart from one rejected SLO [whatever they do these days}, they're all kids.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 26, 2017, 07:47:54 pm by eastender »
https://mobile.twitter.com/drfc_official/status/857300751923728384?p=v

That's poor asking people in the East and West stands to down grade just to make the South stand look full.
Like it's already been pointed out  , the club should be promoting new tickets sales not getting existing customers to move.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 26, 2017, 08:10:40 pm by dknward2 »
Could be argued that it's letting people know that if they want to join in the black bank they can and how to do it

I also agree that they should be pushing floating fans and lapsed season ticket holders as well as targeting people who would be there anyway

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 26, 2017, 08:24:57 pm by Filo »
With tickets freely available for the SouthStand why would someone that got a ticket for the East or West want to downgrade for an inferior view of the game?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 26, 2017, 09:38:28 pm by Dagenham Rover »
https://mobile.twitter.com/drfc_official/status/857300751923728384?p=v

jeezus bloody wept ....... I refer to my comments on the other thread

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 27, 2017, 06:22:37 pm by mushRTID »
They seem to be pushing it since this thread started.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 27, 2017, 06:32:18 pm by MrFrost »

Why am I not surprised.

They really should take me up on my offer and employ me.

the dons

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 27, 2017, 06:55:18 pm by the dons »
Donny Dog and these marketing people should be in Baxter Gate tomorrow giving tickets out on a buy 1 get 1 free basis.
Or at least in the town advertising and promoting our last home of the season. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :welcome: :rtid: :clapping: :scarf:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 28, 2017, 12:58:54 am by bobjimwilly »

Why am I not surprised.

They really should take me up on my offer and employ me.

I might be wrong, but posting on a football forum that you are free to work for someone probably won't land you a job. Now maybe if you applied to the relevant person in the relevant department, either in writing, over the phone or in person, ideally with a CV and relevant experience, you might get somewhere...

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 28, 2017, 07:39:22 am by idler »
Bradford City play their final game on Sunday and the first play off game is the following Thurday.
They could play any one of three teams and so they have printed tickets with no opponents name on. They have been selling them all week and anyone that buys online gets free postage if they buy before Saturday.
According to my mate who bought his yesterday they haven't mentioned this in the local evening paper so maybe it's not just the Rovers that don't advertise in all available ways.
City will probably still gave 17,000 or more there despite not yet knowing who they will play.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012