Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 03:41:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coppinger substitution  (Read 8214 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Coppinger substitution
« on May 06, 2017, 07:47:28 pm by Donnyjim »
Just like Exeter and many other games was an absolute game changer. Does this guy never learn FFS! Personally I think with this guy n charge we'll come straight down. Our back four is complete shite! Andy Butler should be playing non league, Alcock is just shite I could go on. This implosion is a sign of things to come I'm afraid. DF has never won a title for a reason...his attention to detail and completing the job is clearly missing. I was excited about next season but now I'm not arsed.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Coppinger substitution
« Reply #1 on May 06, 2017, 07:52:01 pm by MrFrost »
Just like Exeter and many other games was an absolute game changer. Does this guy never learn FFS! Personally I think with this guy n charge we'll come straight down. Our back four is complete shite! Andy Butler should be playing non league, Alcock is just shite I could go on. This implosion is a sign of things to come I'm afraid. DF has never won a title for a reason...his attention to detail and completing the job is clearly missing. I was excited about next season but now I'm not arsed.

This

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 06, 2017, 07:52:07 pm by glosterred »
Cost us more than just this game, if he isn't fit enough to play 90 mins why give him another year on his contract. Lost shape and control of the game once he came off

COYR

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 06, 2017, 07:53:26 pm by GazLaz »
Can't play 90mins. Tendinitis. Simple as that.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 06, 2017, 07:54:25 pm by glosterred »

It's the last game of the season, he's got plenty of time to rest

COYR

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 06, 2017, 07:54:43 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It's about time this was ironed out.

1) Copps does get knackered towards the end, so him staying on means a rapidly decreasing positive input, and more likely to pick up a career ending injury

2) Old crocs need to not push themselves to stand a chance of staying in the game. It'll have been a decision by Copps to ask to be taken off early to prolong his career. Note how it's almost exactly the same time each match.

If you disagree, go ask him.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 06, 2017, 07:55:28 pm by southwestexile »
Need to replace him with a younger version but we have absolutely no chance unless we unearth a lower division gem. And Fergie's the man to do it. I'm sure we'll be picking up a few of the better players we've faced in league two

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 06, 2017, 07:55:39 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
And to those who've been moaning about this - really, have you no nouse at all?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 06, 2017, 07:56:20 pm by glosterred »

1) Copps does get knackered towards the end, so him staying on means a rapidly decreasing positive input, and more likely to pick up a career ending injury

2) Old crocs need to not push themselves to stand a chance of staying in the game. It'll have been a decision by Copps to ask to be taken off early to prolong his career. Note how it's almost exactly the same time each match.

Why does he look pissed off every time he is subbed then?

COYR

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 06, 2017, 07:56:48 pm by GazLaz »

This. He shouldn't really be playing at all.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 06, 2017, 07:57:35 pm by dknward2 »
I have no problem with copps being taken off just replace him with a like for like sub not f**kin ats

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 06, 2017, 07:57:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

COYR

He's disappointed to have to come off, and often in some pain, simple.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 06, 2017, 07:58:25 pm by mushRTID »

I know you like to post differently to everyone else to appear more knowledgeable, but are you seriously saying he couldn't have done another 20/30 minutes on the season?

He was our best player today (again)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 06, 2017, 07:58:38 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Cost us more than just this game, if he isn't fit enough to play 90 mins why give him another year on his contract. Lost shape and control of the game once he came off

Someone gave Keegan a thee year contract. How many full 90 minutes has he played in the league since then??

COYR

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 06, 2017, 08:00:15 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I have no problem with copps being taken off just replace him with a like for like sub not f**kin ats

My feeling too, though I suspect it was a case of ATS into defence to enable the midfield to switch around for McSheffry to come on.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 06, 2017, 08:00:36 pm by glosterred »

COYR

Now what can I smell 🐂

COYR

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 06, 2017, 08:02:42 pm by Jonathan »

If you want to field a weakened team that has no guile then he shouldn't play. But he is our best player, head and shoulders above anyone else. He should have played the full game today, and he should have played the full game last week. If he had we would have won the title. Simple as that.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 06, 2017, 08:05:05 pm by Donnyjim »

COYR

Now what can I smell 🐂

COYR

If he's not fit he should not be playing! When he comes of near the end everyone's heads drop we lack direction, leadership and everything. We need to be able to play without him. Didn't we do that at Grimsby?

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 06, 2017, 08:08:01 pm by Herman Hessian »
....enable the midfield to switch around for McSheffry to come on.

now - as a tactical move, that really is a waste of fưcking time !

Coppinger sat in a bath chair with a travel rug over his knees contibutes more than McSheffrey...

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 06, 2017, 08:08:39 pm by Prez »
IMHO the substitution of Luke cost us a lot more than Copps did. Had no one in midfield at all, lost all service to the strikers and allowed Pools to dictate the game from that moment on. Final point Grant yet again offered nothing, and id like to have a look at Rodney if I was Fergie, he looked quality.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 06, 2017, 08:17:04 pm by GazLaz »

If you want to field a weakened team that has no guile then he shouldn't play. But he is our best player, head and shoulders above anyone else. He should have played the full game today, and he should have played the full game last week. If he had we would have won the title. Simple as that.

I mean in terms of his injury not his ability.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 06, 2017, 08:26:41 pm by Jonathan »

I mean in terms of his injury not his ability.

Come on, it's not like his long term health is at risk here! Injury or not he is our best player and he should play on the basis that he's better than anyone else we have even when not 100% fit. Very simple.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 06, 2017, 08:30:44 pm by GazLaz »
Do you think DF would take him off unless he'd been strongly advised by the medical staff?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 06, 2017, 08:32:27 pm by Jonathan »
Do you think DF would take him off unless he'd been strongly advised by the medical staff?

You said he shouldn't play at all. I disagree wholeheartedly.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 06, 2017, 08:34:28 pm by bedale rover »
So why not put Mandeville on
He could play the Copps role rather than put on a defender why not just wave a white flag!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 06, 2017, 08:38:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »
There was an interview with Coppinger where he said after a while it means he can't do as much with the ball as he begins to seize up. Obviously no point having someone on the pitch who struggles to play to 100%. Coppinger and Fergie manage the situation this season but going forward we probably need a better option when he goes off.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 06, 2017, 08:39:25 pm by GazLaz »

If it was the start of the season he wouldn't be. He would be having treatment so the injury could heal.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 06, 2017, 11:36:35 pm by RedJ »

If it was the start of the season he wouldn't be. He would be having treatment so the injury could heal.

But it wasn't so your point is irrelevant really.

donny1974

« Reply #28 on May 06, 2017, 11:49:35 pm by donny1974 »
Me personally, I would have taken Marquis off, just like he should have been taken off in the last game against Exeter, ineffective and looked bored, I could be wrong here but I don't think he's had a shot on target in his last 3/4 games.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 07, 2017, 12:15:36 am by rover-n-out »
If he really struggles with playing 90 mins, why not bring him on sfter 30 mins or so, then he can at play the game out?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012