Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 08:41:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Evina set to leave  (Read 6079 times)

donnyguy61

Evina set to leave
« on June 30, 2017, 10:10:26 am by donnyguy61 »
Hearing Cedric Evina's on the move. Should be confirmed today. #drfc from Paul Goodwin on Twitter

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyspadge

• Forum Member
Re: Evina set to leave
« Reply #1 on June 30, 2017, 10:11:21 am by donnyspadge »
Beat me to it lol

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 30, 2017, 10:25:27 am by Branton Rover »
He's in the wrong job he should play Basketball because clearly he doesn't like tackling

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 30, 2017, 10:27:12 am by wing commander »
   That's really good news..Not that I have anything against Cedric who isn't a bad player,just not that good either,but we really put ourselves in a bad position by offering him that last bumper deal..He isn't rated by Fergy obviously, and we've been in limbo with him as he obviously didn't want to move anywhere for less money,yet his current standing in the game didn't warrant anyone offering the same to take him...
     I suspect a bit of common sense has happened here...We listed him so I'm sure we will be taking up the difference in wages between him and his new club or have agreed to pay the difference upfront just to get him out the door and free up a bit of money....

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 30, 2017, 12:19:11 pm by Alan Southstand »
We're trying to free a bit of money up, WC, why would we be paying anything? Let him go for no transfer fee by all means, but come on, it's not Christmas yet!

Good news that he's going. Thought something might be in the air when he wasn't at the first day's pre-season training session. That's 2 less than average left backs out of the door and, hopefully, a far better one in. With Mason as cover, I think that's the left side of defence sorted. Now for that big unit left-sided centre back, pretty please.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 30, 2017, 12:47:18 pm by wing commander »
  Because we wont have much choice Alan...He wont get the wages we have given him from anybody else,so he's not going to move for less money when he is quite happy to sit here and take the money for the contract we gave him...It was us who made him available for transfer he didn't request it,you are pretty naive if you believe Cedric will waltz off into the distance for £600-£1000 less per week just because we want him too....

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 30, 2017, 12:54:44 pm by Upton Rover »
We got 1million for him

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 30, 2017, 12:54:59 pm by Upton Rover »
Rubles

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 30, 2017, 01:33:18 pm by Susan Abbott »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 30, 2017, 01:54:20 pm by graingrover »
Rubles
Peanuts
I am sorry you feel compelled to be so negative about everything Rovers !

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 30, 2017, 02:02:19 pm by the vicar »
Lighten up man it's banter mind you not something usually heared on this site

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 30, 2017, 02:44:25 pm by GazLaz »
My guess would be he's going to Eastleigh.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 30, 2017, 02:49:12 pm by Alan Southstand »
I'd seriously like to know where you get your figures from, WC! Do you know Cedric personally? I have no way of being able to query them as I have no inside knowledge, but quoting such sums makes me wonder.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 30, 2017, 03:16:10 pm by karldew »
I'll guess Lincoln..

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 30, 2017, 03:22:34 pm by wing commander »
No never met him in my life but with all due respect Alan it's not Rocket science is it??? We gave Evina a improved 2.5 year contract when we were in league 1 which still has a year left on it,go back and look at the announcement,at the time he was regarded as a big player for us....He will now be more than likely be heading to a lower league 2/conference club...They are not going to be offering top end league 1 wages are they????

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 30, 2017, 03:30:30 pm by MachoMadness »
Thought he was a decent option when pushed up to midfield. However if we are cutting costs to be honest he would be one of the first on the list. Defensively far too much of a liability, which is an issue when you are advertised as a defender.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 30, 2017, 03:52:11 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
i cannot understand how this one has gone by the wayside i've looked at his cv many times

Arsenal
As a nine-year-old playing district football in Barnet, Evina was invited by Liam Brady's scouting team for a trial. He then signed up and made his way up through the club's youth teams.[3] He signed professional terms with the club in August 2009 and then followed this up with captaining the club's 2009–10 FA Youth Cup side,[4] as well being a key part of the FA Premier Academy League winning team. He also played 11 times for the Reserves.

captain !!!! now that takes a lot of believing

i've said Barnet all along so i'll stick with it

always remember someone on here saying how skillfull he was in a half-time messaround

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 30, 2017, 03:57:00 pm by drfchound »
CLH, TBF there are lots of players who are outstanding in their early years and then vanish as they go higher up the ladder.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 30, 2017, 04:04:41 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
CLH, TBF there are lots of players who are outstanding in their early years and then vanish as they go higher up the ladder.

yes -- but from memory i thought he was quite religious meaning not led astray i remember seeing near live sky clips of a rovers match at mk dons midweek   rovers held out at 0-0 til half time
and some mk upstart put the ball inside him resulting in a goal and i thought what $hite defending
 that mk upstart was deli ali -- so i'd better apologise to him better late than never 

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 30, 2017, 04:09:43 pm by Alan Southstand »
WC, you missed my point- quoting £600 -£1000 seems to me to be a bit specific! I can see your point clearly, but if Cedric wants to play football every week, he must realise by now it's not going to be here, so it's clearly in his best interests to be somewhere else. It's one thing just sat on your ass taking the money and quite another looking after your future career! Rocket science or not, I know what I would be doing.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 30, 2017, 04:21:54 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
WC, you missed my point- quoting £600 -£1000 seems to me to be a bit specific! I can see your point clearly, but if Cedric wants to play football every week, he must realise by now it's not going to be here, so it's clearly in his best interests to be somewhere else. It's one thing just sat on your ass taking the money and quite another looking after your future career! Rocket science or not, I know what I would be doing.

as we all know  :suicide: rocket science is all about escape velocity  the "speed" things are going he'll never escape "Planet Doncaster" as for the atmosphere around the club  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 30, 2017, 04:30:29 pm by Wild Rover »
Crawley Town. Season long LOAN.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 30, 2017, 04:36:44 pm by wing commander »
Yep..no way was he going to take a pay cut....Crawley will be paying some of his wages and we will pick up the rest before he gets released at the end of his contract....

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 30, 2017, 04:38:47 pm by RoversAlias »
I saw former Rover Jason Euell congratulate him on the move calling him "nephew". Didn't realise they were related.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 30, 2017, 04:44:42 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
and here's the spin

https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2017/june/cedric-evina-on-joining/

Evina can speak Australian too let us not forget harry kewell was left footed - up and down the wing -- so think he will bring out the best (please try him as a striker) in him

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 30, 2017, 04:49:47 pm by balbyrover »
Crawley it is then on loan. I did expect him to leave permanently but i guess all this probably means is they pay his wages for the season and we wont get a fee.
I suspect he will leave next summer when his contract is up.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 30, 2017, 04:54:54 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

crawley have also signed another one of those future Arsenal stars that didn't "train on " (timeform squiggle) mark randall signed for them yesterday -- he's had a "few" "mutually terminateds" in his time

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/07/mark-randall-arsenal-ascoli

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 30, 2017, 05:13:23 pm by donny dave »
Is it just me but I cannot watch the video even though I subscribe to the new Rovers player thingy.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 30, 2017, 05:15:25 pm by roversontheup »
Is it just me but I cannot watch the video even though I subscribe to the new Rovers player thingy.
Me neither!

donnyspadge

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 30, 2017, 05:23:00 pm by donnyspadge »
Who would you rather have evina or ATS

TinyPortal © 2005-2012