Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 06:19:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kiwomya  (Read 8923 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Kiwomya
« Reply #1 on July 24, 2017, 08:30:39 am by GazLaz »
Shame for the lad. It's really difficult to get going if you don't have a proper pre season.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 24, 2017, 08:37:04 am by MrFrost »
You couldn't make it up.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 24, 2017, 09:21:09 am by glosterred »
You couldn't make it up.

Yes you could

COYR

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 24, 2017, 09:51:43 am by Susan Abbott »
We can certainly pick um !

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 24, 2017, 09:55:05 am by RedJ »
Hope we've kept the receipt...

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 24, 2017, 09:57:33 am by Alan Southstand »
Any good news on the horizon?

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 24, 2017, 10:56:37 am by phil old leake »
I can't open the free press link.  Does it say what's wrong with him and how long he's out for

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 24, 2017, 11:05:35 am by Dagenham Rover »
Striker Alex Kiwomya will definitely miss the start of the season for Doncaster Rovers – and there are fears he could be out of action for much longer. Kiwomya has yet to feature for Rovers in pre-season since his switch from Chelsea with a calf injury ruling him out. The 21-year-old is set to have a scan this week in order to determine the true cause of the problem. And boss Darren Ferguson revealed the best case scenario will see Kiwomya remaining on the sidelines for the next month. “He’s going for a scan this week,” Ferguson told The Star. “It’s been a really difficult one to analyse the injury. “We’ve got it down now to where we think it’s a nerve thing that is affecting his calves. “We’ve scanned his calves and there are no problems with them. “The next step is we’ll get a scan on his back. Then we hope it’s just a muscle problem. “If it’s any worse, it could be the possibility he is out for a quite a long time. “Fingers crossed it’s not so bad. “You would guess that if it’s the better one or the two, it’ll be three or four weeks.” Kiwomya is arguably the summer signing supporters have been most keen to see due to his incredible pace. But Rovers will kick off the campaign against Gillingham on August 5 without him. Ferguson’s best case scenario would likely see Kiwomya return for the home game against Blackpool on August 19. For the second successive summer, Rovers have suffered a series of significant injuries. The will start the campaign without Mathieu Baudry and Luke McCullough, though news on both men has been more positive than first expected. Ferguson has timetabled Baudry for a return to training by the end of August. The Rovers boss has also moved to calm fears James Coppinger is facing a spell on the sidelines after he limped off in Saturday’s 1-0 friendly win at Guiseley. Ferguson said: “I think he got a kick on his ankle. He just got caught by the boy. “That happened quite a lot which you get when the pitch is sticky. We couldn’t get our passing going and get people free. “Copps will be fine. He was about to come off pretty soon after that any way. “I’ll probably try to get 90 minutes into Copps on Wednesday against Sheffield Wednesday.”

Read more at: http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-new-boy-alex-kiwomya-suffers-another-injury-blow-1-8665621

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 24, 2017, 11:19:59 am by Move DRFC »
Least we now know to never trust Ferguson on what he says in relation to injuries.

Kimomya was a week or two away, Baudry didn't play the friendly as a precaution. Does he just guess the time they're gonna be out for? It really is just best to say nothing until the true extent is found out

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 24, 2017, 12:04:29 pm by balbyrover »
Seems we are shit out of luck with injuries.
I do think anything Ferguson says should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 24, 2017, 12:07:40 pm by Filo »

I don't think it's just Fergie, the whole football world treats the fans as though they are stupid

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 24, 2017, 12:20:35 pm by 5minstogo »
I've had this nerve problem for months. Obviously I don't have a professional medical team sorting me out but could still be a while

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 24, 2017, 12:21:53 pm by balbyrover »

I don't think it's just Fergie, the whole football world treats the fans as though they are stupid

Fair point.
But I do feel he says too much sometimes and fans will always hold him too it.. his backtracking on Williams was nothing short of embarrasing.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 24, 2017, 02:14:44 pm by podrover73 »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 24, 2017, 04:51:30 pm by graingrover »

Fair point.
But I do feel he says too much sometimes and fans will always hold him too it.. his backtracking on Williams was nothing short of embarrasing.
SOME of the criticism on here is much more embarassing and destructive  than anything the manager has ever said .

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 24, 2017, 11:19:07 pm by balbyrover »

Fair point.
SOME of the criticism on here is much more embarassing and destructive  than anything the manager has ever said .

It's a bit different, I don't agree with the negativity around Williams as I think he's a good striker, however it was obvious that Ferguson wanted rid and the only reason that he hasn't is because nobody will pay him what we are.
All this rubbish about him coming back a new changed player after two days of preseason is daft.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 25, 2017, 09:15:31 am by selby »
Well if we are paying a player top wages,it must put to bed the budget is low.people cannot have it both ways.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 25, 2017, 10:53:08 am by phil old leake »
I saw baudrey walking after guiseley game. It didn't look good.  Still got a bad limp. I can't se him back for a while. Saying that I suppose physios can turn I juries around quickly now

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 25, 2017, 02:24:17 pm by Alan Southstand »
What physio?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 25, 2017, 02:26:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Dalton?

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 25, 2017, 04:26:56 pm by balbyrover »
Well if we are paying a player top wages,it must put to bed the budget is low.people cannot have it both ways.

Williams wasnt offered that contract out of this years budget though.  Thats the difference..

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 25, 2017, 04:31:58 pm by vaya »

Williams wasnt offered that contract out of this years budget though.  Thats the difference..

His wages for this year will be paid out of this year's budget, as will everyone else's. That's how budgets work.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 25, 2017, 04:45:22 pm by GazLaz »

His wages for this year will be paid out of this year's budget, as will everyone else's. That's how budgets work.

The fact Fergie wanted Williams out showed he wanted to free up some money to help other areas. The only reason Williams is still here is because he doesn't want to leave. Nothing to do with Fergie changing his mind.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 25, 2017, 05:51:27 pm by balbyrover »

The fact Fergie wanted Williams out showed he wanted to free up some money to help other areas. The only reason Williams is still here is because he doesn't want to leave. Nothing to do with Fergie changing his mind.

Exactly my point.
Fergusons budget would be much bigger with AW gone. He has said that himself.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 25, 2017, 05:58:34 pm by roversdude »
Yeah and maybe he's looked around what is available and decided to put the budget into keeping AW

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 26, 2017, 07:35:10 am by mrfrostsdad »
1) no-one wanted Williams on the money he was on
2) our top target went elsewhere
3) Ferguson didn't know if Marquis was leaving

Nothing to do with Williams being a 'changed man'

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 26, 2017, 08:23:28 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He's looked sharp in pre season though.  It's neither Williams or Ferguson's fault that Williams is on his contract.  Equally I suspect it was purely financial, if Williams was on lesser money I would imagine he'd never have been transfer listed.

I'm glad he's still here as he offers a lot to the team IMO.  But I understand the need to balance the budget.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 26, 2017, 05:25:50 pm by Alan Southstand »
I understood Kiwomya got his results of the scan today?

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 27, 2017, 08:53:17 am by anton123 »
Any news on the scan ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012