Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 08:38:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Steven Taylor  (Read 12905 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Steven Taylor
« Reply #30 on July 25, 2017, 01:08:36 pm by glosterred »
It's yet another target we've missed out on. I think it is clear what the reason is

Would you have given him a 2 year deal?

Yes

Strange you didn't mention that beforehand then.

Do we know we didn't offer him a two year deal? Pity we haven't signed him, he would have been a good addition to the team

COYR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 25, 2017, 01:10:34 pm by MrFrost »
So much for him really wanting to come here

Money talks.

Yes and it goes back to what I was saying the other day about the football world treating the fans as though they're stupid

Like Gaz pointed out, a longer deal means more money for him. Why wouldn't he take it. He probably did want to come here, but we couldn't offer what he wanted.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 25, 2017, 01:11:22 pm by MrFrost »
It's yet another target we've missed out on. I think it is clear what the reason is

Would you have given him a 2 year deal?

Yes

Strange you didn't mention that beforehand then.

Do we know we didn't offer him a two year deal? Pity we haven't signed him, he would have been a good addition to the team

COYR

Good point. Everyone (including me) presumes we offered him one year.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 25, 2017, 01:13:06 pm by RoversAlias »
Don't think many on here would have been happy to see him get a two year deal, especially if he then gets injured. On to the next one. 10 days ago he wasn't even on our radar, it was only when Ipswich let him go that Fergie thought he'd give him a look.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 25, 2017, 01:14:03 pm by MrFrost »
Don't think many on here would have been happy to see him get a two year deal, especially if he then gets injured. On to the next one. 10 days ago he wasn't even on our radar, it was only when Ipswich let him go that Fergie thought he'd give him a look.

I wonder how many Peterborough supporters are complaining.

I find it really funny that people see an over the hill Gordon Greer as the answer to our defensive woes.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 25, 2017, 01:14:49 pm by vaya »

Yes, we were not willing to offer a 2 year deal to someone so injury prone and I for one totally agree.

Well Peterborough don't think it's a risk. Let's see who finishes higher.

That's up to them Frosty, if we had signed him on a 2 year deal and he broke down in the first game of the season and was out for months, you would be the first on here lambasting the board about it. You have nothing to offer unless it's a negative you must be an absolute joy to be around.

Just like Keegan and Mcullogh

So you're criticising the club for signing injury-prone players, and criticising them for not signing injury-prone players?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 25, 2017, 01:16:24 pm by MrFrost »

Yes, we were not willing to offer a 2 year deal to someone so injury prone and I for one totally agree.

That's up to them Frosty, if we had signed him on a 2 year deal and he broke down in the first game of the season and was out for months, you would be the first on here lambasting the board about it. You have nothing to offer unless it's a negative you must be an absolute joy to be around.

So you're criticising the club for signing injury-prone players, and criticising them for not signing injury-prone players?

No i'm just pointing out that we do sign injury prone players.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 25, 2017, 01:19:10 pm by Bezza »
disappointed to lose out to the Posh , but how many games will he play? doubt it will be many.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 25, 2017, 01:22:14 pm by vaya »

No i'm just pointing out that we do sign injury prone players.

So is it a good thing or a bad thing that we sign injury-prone players then?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 25, 2017, 01:23:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Neither of those had injury issues when we signed them and maybe the club is learning

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 25, 2017, 01:25:07 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Money talks.

Yes and it goes back to what I was saying the other day about the football world treating the fans as though they're stupid

Like Gaz pointed out, a longer deal means more money for him. Why wouldn't he take it. He probably did want to come here, but we couldn't offer what he wanted.
Couldn't or wouldn't

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 25, 2017, 01:35:27 pm by MrFrost »

Money talks.

Couldn't or wouldn't

Ferguson's own interview said we would struggle to compete if it came down to finances.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 25, 2017, 01:39:10 pm by RoversAlias »

I find it really funny that people see an over the hill Gordon Greer as the answer to our defensive woes.

Who cares what Peterborough supporters think? They won't like it if he keeps up his career injury record, it's a gamble and you know it is. You're another on here who never seems to be content unless there's something to complain about, in this very thread you're criticising the club for signing injury-prone players on long deals yet bemoaning the exact opposite regarding Taylor.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 25, 2017, 01:41:52 pm by MrFrost »

Who cares what Peterborough supporters think? They won't like it if he keeps up his career injury record, it's a gamble and you know it is. You're another on here who never seems to be content unless there's something to complain about, in this very thread you're criticising the club for signing injury-prone players on long deals yet bemoaning the exact opposite regarding Taylor.

Football is about taking gambles. Signing a 37 year old Greer is a gamble.
For whatever reason, Ferguson hasn't been able to address the issue of defense since he joined the club. We've missed out on several top targets by his own admission. There is a reason for this.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 25, 2017, 01:46:25 pm by colincramb »
Am I the only one of a few that think we've dodged a bullet here!? His injury record, especially in the past few seasons is awful. If clubs with far greater resources and access to top training and medical facilities can't get him fit for more than a handful of games at a time then I very much doubt we can.

No doubt a talented player at this level but an expensive talent in the treatment room certainly won't help us long term.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 25, 2017, 01:47:13 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Have we signed Greer?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 25, 2017, 01:47:34 pm by MrFrost »
Have we signed Greer?

Not yet. Thankfully.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 25, 2017, 01:50:14 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Have we signed Greer?

Not yet. Thankfully.

Why are you assuming it then, I doubt he's coming either, more than likely smoke and mirrors to obscure who the real target is.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 25, 2017, 01:52:14 pm by colincramb »
Have we signed Greer?

Not yet. Thankfully.

I don't understand why you would be more for Taylor over Greer? What's the negativity?

Then again, if it's announced we've missed out on Greer you will moan again

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 25, 2017, 02:04:02 pm by Dare to dream! »
Have we signed Greer?

Not yet. Thankfully.

I don't understand why you would be more for Taylor over Greer? What's the negativity?

Then again, if it's announced we've missed out on Greer you will moan again

Hold your horses

@liamhoden
Darren Ferguson confirms to me that Rovers will NOT be signing Gordon Greer #drfc

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 25, 2017, 02:19:15 pm by Alan Southstand »
We don't need to know who we're not signing!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 25, 2017, 02:28:17 pm by selby »
Mr Frost,Taylor has just been released by Ipswich,and although he played for Newcastle is originally from the London area.
   Although money is a big draw,moving a young family,and everyday transport etc. and location must be a big factor.
   Taylor can probably stay where he was living last season by signing for Peterborough.
  He will have to have a good season there to be as big an influence as Bostwick who he has replaced.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 25, 2017, 02:30:33 pm by glosterred »
We don't need to know who we're not signing!

Yes we do, it will stop endless threads on here talking crap!

COYR

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 25, 2017, 02:33:01 pm by RoversAlias »
Mr Frost,Taylor has just been released by Ipswich,and although he played for Newcastle is originally from the London area.
   Although money is a big draw,moving a young family,and everyday transport etc. and location must be a big factor.
   Taylor can probably stay where he was living last season by signing for Peterborough.
  He will have to have a good season there to be as big an influence as Bostwick who he has replaced.

Whilst I take your point, Taylor is Geordie to the bone. His parents are from Newcastle and he grew up there, only spent a couple of weeks after being born in London.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 25, 2017, 02:33:29 pm by GazLaz »
The longer the hunt goes on the more likely we are to end up with a young loanee.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 25, 2017, 02:43:19 pm by RedJ »
I'd just like to announce we're not signing Pepe.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 25, 2017, 02:47:16 pm by Alan Southstand »
10 days ago, who was on our radar? Running out of options?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 25, 2017, 03:30:49 pm by DearneValleyRover »
10 days ago, who was on our radar? Running out of options?

Honestly, I don't know Alan and I expect very few do. All rumours from forums, local papers etc.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 25, 2017, 04:02:37 pm by Alan Southstand »
I must admit, it's got me scratching my head. On the one hand we're told there's nothing wrong with the budget and it's competitive and yet the truth of the matter is we seem to be struggling to get what the manager has claimed he wants. Even the rose-tinted mob must be starting to squirm a bit.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 25, 2017, 04:25:01 pm by balbyrover »
I must admit, it's got me scratching my head. On the one hand we're told there's nothing wrong with the budget and it's competitive and yet the truth of the matter is we seem to be struggling to get what the manager has claimed he wants. Even the rose-tinted mob must be starting to squirm a bit.

Its blatant that the funds aren't there for Fergie this season.
We must be so far down the shortlist now,must be scraping the barrel!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012