Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:40:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Catering nothings changed  (Read 33620 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Catering nothings changed
« Reply #180 on September 05, 2017, 07:34:28 am by Metalmicky »
Just print this out and read it as a question at some point. Its the 3rd time I have posted it on this thread and the 8th time ever - and I believe it is still as valid as the day I first wrote it !

We as Forum Posters / Fans / general know all's can suggest / cajole / offer "imo" type solutions - some very good - but unless ANYONE with the power to change things sits up and a) takes more than a passing interest and b) takes effective action  then NOTHING is going to get any better any time soon

I know people will say / have said they don't bother any more and in that way they are immune from what happens on the Concourses but for the ones that DO want to buy food this whole (holistic) Catering thing needs solving from the quality to the quantity to the quite lengthy waits !

Unfortunately, neither of those are questions, so printing and reading them out would get no response............ however, I agree with your underlying sentiments.

I'm guessing that you are otherwise engaged - or you would attend and voice these opinions yourself?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on September 05, 2017, 07:38:22 am by Metalmicky »
The queues in the BVB ebb and flow and if you're unlucky you could be queuing to the door. 10 mins either side and you could be served quite quickly.

Now they've established the bar outside, the next stage is to served draught ale from a mobile pump which will help relieve the pressure on the queues.

The 'Square' as it's now called outside needs expanding however, in the long term they could do with extending the BVB outwards and having a second bar in there.

For me, they've changed the atmosphere in there by ripping the carpet out which used to absorb the noise much better. Announcing the team and interviewing a player (Alfie Beestin) yesterday unfortunately doesn't work as nobody can hear it.

Overall though, there's always scope for improvement, but it's still my preferred option for a prematch pint.

I agree - something like this would suffice to curtail the queues...

http://www.drinksshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=120

Seen them used at many larger venues to relieve pressure at the tills and they are always quick and easy to use.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on September 05, 2017, 09:42:13 am by silent majority »
The queues in the BVB ebb and flow and if you're unlucky you could be queuing to the door. 10 mins either side and you could be served quite quickly.

Now they've established the bar outside, the next stage is to served draught ale from a mobile pump which will help relieve the pressure on the queues.

The 'Square' as it's now called outside needs expanding however, in the long term they could do with extending the BVB outwards and having a second bar in there.

For me, they've changed the atmosphere in there by ripping the carpet out which used to absorb the noise much better. Announcing the team and interviewing a player (Alfie Beestin) yesterday unfortunately doesn't work as nobody can hear it.

Overall though, there's always scope for improvement, but it's still my preferred option for a prematch pint.

Seen them used at many larger venues to relieve pressure at the tills and they are always quick and easy to use.

And have been used at the Keepmoat previously.

But I must agree with your previous point, you will need to ask the right questions and have supporting evidence, just having opinions gets you nowhere as they will have data to support their argument.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on September 05, 2017, 10:03:00 am by wing commander »
   The customers view should be the supporting evidence...Surely anybody reading all 7 pages of this thread will realise that there has to be a problem...What data are you suggesting the fans need before this is looked at seriously SM...?

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on September 05, 2017, 10:06:31 am by 5minstogo »

But I must agree with your previous point, you will need to ask the right questions and have supporting evidence, just having opinions gets you nowhere as they will have data to support their argument.

Seven pages of evidence, unless you want me to present by PowerPoint with my hidden camera footage.

Seriously, if that's the attitude they take then there really is no point is there?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on September 05, 2017, 10:09:52 am by ditch_drfc »

I really don't get why this is so difficult. What people are suggesting would lead to more money for Centreplate and Rovers. People shouldn't have to collate vast amounts of data to win an argument on this. It's really simple:

- Service is shoddy
- If service improves, centreplate and rover get more money
- People have proposed practical solutions, like portable drinks pumps
- Why can't these be implented?

It surely can't be that difficult....

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on September 05, 2017, 10:29:15 am by silent majority »
Its not about vast amounts of data, its about having more than an opinion.

For instance, when people have complained on here that it took 20 minutes to get served at one of the outlets I have complained on their behalf. However the CCTV footage, once examined, shows that not to be the case.

We, as the VSC, then did our own 'time trials' (for want of a better expression) and literally put people in the queue and timed how long it took to get served. Sometimes that supported our argument but many times it didn't.

I'm not saying you're all wrong, what I'm saying is that the argument falls a bit flat if you can't support it with something other than an opinion. The concourses still outsell most EFL clubs when it comes to spend per head. Try balancing that one!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on September 05, 2017, 10:33:06 am by Donnywolf »
Just print this out and read it as a question at some point. Its the 3rd time I have posted it on this thread and the 8th time ever - and I believe it is still as valid as the day I first wrote it !

We as Forum Posters / Fans / general know all's can suggest / cajole / offer "imo" type solutions - some very good - but unless ANYONE with the power to change things sits up and a) takes more than a passing interest and b) takes effective action  then NOTHING is going to get any better any time soon

I know people will say / have said they don't bother any more and in that way they are immune from what happens on the Concourses but for the ones that DO want to buy food this whole (holistic) Catering thing needs solving from the quality to the quantity to the quite lengthy waits !

Unfortunately, neither of those are questions, so printing and reading them out would get no response............ however, I agree with your underlying sentiments.

I'm guessing that you are otherwise engaged - or you would attend and voice these opinions yourself?

Hi MM

Thanks for the reply - and I did not explain that well but what I meant is someone could make my Statement into a question. My only point in posting it was to express my frustration that again and again we have this discussion on here and .. well we get nowhere hence my Post

I have just tweeked what I posted into 2 questions as follows (with a bit added to kick it off) :

As VSC Forum Posters we cover many many subjects relating to our Club and one that has never been solved to peoples satisfaction and so comes back again and again is Catering.

Catering at the Kiosks that is rather than Corporate or Executive Catering which seem to be accepted as extremely good. We have again recently gone into print with 8 Pages and approaching 200 Posts and as Forum Posters -  Fans - and you could say general know all's we can and have suggested / and cajoled / and offered "imo" type solutions - some very good  - but unless ANYONE with the power to change things sits up and a) takes more than a passing interest and b) takes effective action  then NOTHING is going to get any better any time soon. So what we would like to ask is is there anyone in Power who WILL now sit up and take an interest in what we as Fans are bringing to their attention again and again and will that person or Group act on those issues

Lots of Posters on the VSC Forum which is I suppose a cross section of the Clubs supporters say / and have said that they don't bother any more with any of the Kiosk facilities at any time during Match Day and in that way they are immune from what happens on the Concourses but for the ones that DO want to buy food and drinks be that Coffee or Alcoholic this whole (holistic) Catering thing needs solving - from the quality to the quantity to the quite lengthy waits and on behalf of that group can we ask that this will be done

OK - I have made it a question or questions now. Again it wont be perfect so if we as a group want to tweek it - enhance it - or even scrap it I for one wont mind. Maybe if we arrive at a collective view we could put it forward directly to the CEO and ask for a response at the Meet the Owners.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:02:21 am by Donnywolf »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on September 05, 2017, 10:48:02 am by wing commander »
       Personally I don't see how using a comparison with other clubs revenue per head is overly valid..Other clubs might not have anywhere near the facilities we have..Take Wimbledons last week,the facilities they had weren't much better than we had at Belle Vue and surely it's not about settling for what you have but to improve...However I take your point on the cctv and exaggeration at times..However what the cctv will never show you are those people who don't join the queue because they know they wont be served in time...It's consistency too, the first week in the South stand end bar was beyond belief it was that bad..The following week there was 3 times the amount of people serving and it was fine service wise...What will next week bring?? who knows...
     I made my decision about buying food from the concourses long ago, if others seem to think it fine then good luck to them..i'm sure it's not the intention but it does come across that nobody is really that interested in this issue other than the fans who post on here but until those figures you quote drop then I guess it's not a issue that's going to be addressed...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on September 05, 2017, 10:52:49 am by MrFrost »
The CCTV doesn't show the quality of the product either.
As I said, the lager I bought was warm and undrinkable. By rights, I should be entitled to a refund, but that would have meant queuing up again.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on September 05, 2017, 10:55:58 am by not on facebook »
Never been to castle park where the Doncaster rugger team play .from what I have picked off here is that the food kiosk at castle park is top notch .

So what do they do different to what happens at KMS .

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on September 05, 2017, 10:59:33 am by ditch_drfc »
Its not about vast amounts of data, its about having more than an opinion.

For instance, when people have complained on here that it took 20 minutes to get served at one of the outlets I have complained on their behalf. However the CCTV footage, once examined, shows that not to be the case.

We, as the VSC, then did our own 'time trials' (for want of a better expression) and literally put people in the queue and timed how long it took to get served. Sometimes that supported our argument but many times it didn't.

I'm not saying you're all wrong, what I'm saying is that the argument falls a bit flat if you can't support it with something other than an opinion. The concourses still outsell most EFL clubs when it comes to spend per head. Try balancing that one!

I get it can be a bit annoying if you've complained on people's behalves and see they've exaggerated it a little bit... but, I think it's pretty fair to say catering services could be much improved.

The problem with football as an industry is that people compare it to football. So it's okay to have shocking toilet facilities at most grounds. It's fine to treat fans like mugs and classify games as bubble matches. And yeah, it's somehow acceptable that catering will be shocking.

We need to stop comparing catering to other clubs in a worse state. And start looking how industry leaders in fast food can turn around people so quickly. If McDonald's can do it, why can't we? Subway make a whole bloody sub in front of you from scratch in a couple of minutes for crying out loud.

I think it's fair to aspire for more!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on September 05, 2017, 10:59:43 am by hoolahoop »

I really don't get why this is so difficult. What people are suggesting would lead to more money for Centreplate and Rovers. People shouldn't have to collate vast amounts of data to win an argument on this. It's really simple:

- Service is shoddy
- If service improves, centreplate and rover get more money
- People have proposed practical solutions, like portable drinks pumps
- Why can't these be implented?

It surely can't be that difficult....

Excellent post.

Silent Majority  - it's ironic that the club and centrepiece aren't comfortable listening to home truths about their service to the silent majority I. E. THEIR  customers .

They should be using their own initiative by looking at the whole operation from the customer's point of view .
How can they provide a more efficient service ?
How can they offer products that their customers want ?
How can they drive as many customers efficiently and happily through their organisation and manage to maintain that standard ?
How to optimise profit opportunities that benefit all concerned ? The higher ( reasonable) the profit then the more staff can be trained, retained and be there to provide a top class service whereby more customers can be had ?

It's not hard every business has to balance all the above for  the mutual benefit of customers,  staff and shareholders . It's not difficult but each part of the business needs a keen eye to spot possible weaknesses that disrupt service and address as well as exploit further opportunities for the mutual benefit of all the interested parties .

Currently the  business is run in such a way that profit leaks away from too many parts of the operation for no- one's benefit. All lose out , frustrated customers, pissed off staff, a company that should make far more profit from this operation and of course our club that takes a cut from the franchisee (s)

Start by having serious questionnaires placed at key parts of the operation not with the purpose of ' going through the motions ' but actually taking criticism squarely on the chin and seeing how and if there is merit when the same objections occur and responding positively .

Read fora such as this for examples where the business could improve its operation for the benefit of all parties CCC Customers,  Centreplate,  Club.

Use secret shoppers to check the whole operation on a regular basis.

Senior management should also take the time every now and again to check the whole operation out from top to bottom mainly from  a customer but also from a business perspective. The two usually coincide

This is just basic Retail Management and the same problems should not be re- occurring.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on September 05, 2017, 02:41:41 pm by Donnywolf »
Never been to castle park where the Doncaster rugger team play .from what I have picked off here is that the food kiosk at castle park is top notch .

So what do they do different to what happens at KMS .

I used to go when Rovers were away as quite a few Rovers Fans did.

In the end I realised I was going for the Food as much as the Game ! They make all their own stuff for a start so have total control over the quality and it is good I have to say

There are loads of choices including their famous Cow Pie with Chips and Mushy Peas though I always have Chicken Curry with Chips which is £3 or just over.

The Staff are organised and regular workers there - one takes the Money - one does Chips - and one or more serve and even if I am 20th in the queue I stay in it because I know I wont be long. The quality never disappoints. There are at least 2 outlets - one in the Club House one below the Main Stand and both are serving the same stuff. Good Hot and value for money

True the Gates dont often top 1500/1800 but of that quite a lot buy food.

Drinks as well organised too because below the Main Stand is the longest Sports Bar in Yorkshire with a giant Ruler measuring 75 feet I think it is. It serves good real ale plus everything else a regular Pub does and again competitively priced and staffed by enough people to cope - again all regulars who know what they are doing

The Clubhouse has 2 big Bars as well and there is also a Bar / Coffee and Snack Bar by one of the Corner Flags and serves beer all the time so hardly any waiting

Probably beyond Centreplate to do this given the numbers involved but they would clean up if they did

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on September 05, 2017, 03:07:50 pm by not on facebook »
There you go DRFC and centreplate read the above especially when chap above says "I was going for the food more than the rugby basically'

You can't get a better explanation than that .

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on September 05, 2017, 05:51:26 pm by Donnywolf »
It was only that I understood Chicken Curry and Chips more than I understood the Rules of Rugby Union ! The Beer was always good too especially when local Micro Breweries produced one offs for them

Football is different - I go for the "thrill" of the game / the atmosphere / the banter with those around me and of course to vilify the Ref.

I almost always manage to feed myself before I get there and the 1879 (Beer) is not good enough to "attract me" and I would sooner go to one of my locals in Thorne for some real beer after the Match. Rather have 2 good uns than 2 crap ones' So I get a Coke when I get in when there are no queues at all and that's my lot

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on September 05, 2017, 07:14:10 pm by 5minstogo »
It was only that I understood Chicken Curry and Chips more than I understood the Rules of Rugby Union ! The Beer was always good too especially when local Micro Breweries produced one offs for them

Football is different - I go for the "thrill" of the game / the atmosphere / the banter with those around me and of course to vilify the Ref.

I almost always manage to feed myself before I get there and the 1879 (Beer) is not good enough to "attract me" and I would sooner go to one of my locals in Thorne for some real beer after the Match. Rather have 2 good uns than 2 crap ones' So I get a Coke when I get in when there are no queues at all and that's my lot

You can have curry sauce and chips at the Keepmoat for £3. Well actually you can't but it is advertised......

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on September 05, 2017, 07:28:14 pm by MrFrost »
Another point. In the west stand for the half time pint collection, there is a sign indicating where you are supposed to collect from, however when you go to this point, you are told to queue at the other side.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on September 05, 2017, 08:43:09 pm by not on facebook »
Another point. In the west stand for the half time pint collection, there is a sign indicating where you are supposed to collect from, however when you go to this point, you are told to queue at the other side.
[/quot

Ffs it get more slap stick game by game .

If you notice this sign,
then you will notice that this notice
is not worth noticing. ........centreplate KMS doncaster 2017/18 season.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on September 05, 2017, 11:37:49 pm by ian1980 »
What are you all talking about?....... there's no issue here, it's just all your opinions...... we have letters praising our facilities.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on September 05, 2017, 11:50:11 pm by hoolahoop »
What are you all talking about?....... there's no issue here, it's just all your opinions...... we have letters praising our facilities.

OK Ian  :headbang:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on September 06, 2017, 06:09:18 am by Donnywolf »
I am guessing Ian was being "sarky" or ironic  and was interpreting the response of Centreplate / others

Its what they have done in the past

Could be wrong though - that's not unknown  ;)  :scarf:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:05:03 am by Donnywolf »

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on September 06, 2017, 07:25:09 am by ian1980 »
It was a sarky comment hoola.

These problems have been there for years. The same problems over and over again with no change yet it appears centreplate / the club either don't think, don't know or don't want to know there's a problem.

We gave up on them a long time ago as I certainly don't want to stand in a long queue to pay for overpriced crap.

Nothing's changed and to be honest, I can't see it doing so anytime soon.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on September 06, 2017, 09:13:49 am by RedJ »

Think you've had a bit of a whoooooosh moment. ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on September 06, 2017, 12:37:07 pm by hoolahoop »

NOT at all Red - you should know me better than that after all we have all been posting on here for years .

Ian is right it's like banging your head against a brick wall - the whole operation has glaring inconsistencies in the level of both product and service and a great big feck off hole where money disappears from the business.

Dissatisfied customers or perhaps " lost " customers and no - one seemingly cares. It's utter madness.

SM - comparing 'spend per head ' whilst a decent measure of the business ; does not by any stretch of the imagination count one bit to either lost or Dissatisfied customers . That's a business indicator  - that's all and one of many measures to check if business is being optimised for all CCC - CUSTOMER , CENTREPLATE , CLUB

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on September 06, 2017, 12:57:07 pm by wing commander »
Be under no illusion the powers that be have read this thread..Gavin will have that's for sure and so to will the people at Centreplate...I still think that's why there was a sudden increase in staff at one of the south stand concourses after the 1st home game...They only needed to check the cctv...
    Which is why I'm sceptical about how much power the club actually has in this issue..TBF in any other area the club are great at addressing issues and striving to improve the match day experience,nothing is normally too much trouble and we are lucky in that respect...However this isn't something new it crops up all the time and frankly has done for years and the fact Gavin hasn't been able to get a grip of it or publically get involved in working with us on it,tells me centreplate have him by the short and curly's so the club bury's its head in the sand and hopes it will go away...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on September 06, 2017, 01:15:28 pm by RedJ »

NOT at all Red - you should know me better than that after all we have all been posting on here for years .

Ian is right it's like banging your head against a brick wall - the whole operation has glaring inconsistencies in the level of both product and service and a great big feck off hole where money disappears from the business.

Dissatisfied customers or perhaps " lost " customers and no - one seemingly cares. It's utter madness.

I know that pal, but he's taking the piss - in the same way they seem to be taking the piss out of paying customers...

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #207 on September 06, 2017, 01:40:17 pm by Donnywolf »
Be under no illusion the powers that be have read this thread..Gavin will have that's for sure and so to will the people at Centreplate...I still think that's why there was a sudden increase in staff at one of the south stand concourses after the 1st home game...They only needed to check the cctv...
    Which is why I'm sceptical about how much power the club actually has in this issue..TBF in any other area the club are great at addressing issues and striving to improve the match day experience,nothing is normally too much trouble and we are lucky in that respect...However this isn't something new it crops up all the time and frankly has done for years and the fact Gavin hasn't been able to get a grip of it or publically get involved in working with us on it,tells me centreplate have him by the short and curly's so the club bury's its head in the sand and hopes it will go away...

Do you think he would do us the honour of printing out our Question (Reply 187) - Text in blue is the main bit - and answer it ? Would be good

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on September 06, 2017, 05:28:33 pm by silent majority »

To be fair WC that's just speculation on your part, and is nowhere near reality.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on September 06, 2017, 05:40:38 pm by NickDRFC »
The reality is that people have been complaining about the catering in the concourses for years and nothing has improved. That's the reality.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012