Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:16:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Corbyn > Labour > corbyn  (Read 15754 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Corbyn > Labour > corbyn
« Reply #60 on October 30, 2017, 09:40:21 am by Glyn_Wigley »
They'd have had a majority regardless. Frank Field is that far to the right of the party he's a Tory in all but name anyway and Dennis Skinner has always hated the EU from what I can tell.

Most people up north voted for brexit in the big vote ,but when the Labour Party members went to vote yesterday the Labour Party order them to vote against what their constinuancys voted for .

7 Labour voted in line with the Tory wish yesterday and I guess within line of the community's they repesent who all voted for brexit .

Mrs Clint abstanined from the vote .

I can't see all 7 Labour mps been far right minded can I ?

It's the fact that corbyn barked down to all Labour mps  to vote a certain way ,when from where Iam looking it goes against what many Labour community's had voted for .

" Most people up north voted for brexit "

That is quite simply NOT true - where did you get this statistic from ?

Check this map out - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

With exception of Scotland that link pretty much backs up NOF

Then it's a shame that 'the north' includes Scotland then, isn't it?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on October 30, 2017, 09:47:34 am by del boy »
They'd have had a majority regardless. Frank Field is that far to the right of the party he's a Tory in all but name anyway and Dennis Skinner has always hated the EU from what I can tell.

Most people up north voted for brexit in the big vote ,but when the Labour Party members went to vote yesterday the Labour Party order them to vote against what their constinuancys voted for .

7 Labour voted in line with the Tory wish yesterday and I guess within line of the community's they repesent who all voted for brexit .

It's the fact that corbyn barked down to all Labour mps  to vote a certain way ,when from where Iam looking it goes against what many Labour community's had voted for .

It's a shame I said with the exception of Scotland then isn't it.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 30, 2017, 09:55:48 am by The Red Baron »
Personally I feel Corbyn got it wrong during the referendum campaign. For 30 years he’s been a critique of the EU and took that stance from a left wing anti capitalism point of view. He could have took that view point during the referendum, instead the left wing argument was only being championed by right wing political jesters such as Farage and Boris. I have no doubt in my mind that had Corbyn championed the Brexit vote he would be in Number 10.

Sadly it was an open goal, but that is why he doesn’t have a Brexit stance because he doesn’t need to. He’s not the one doing the negotiating (not yet, anyway) and it wasn’t him that called the referendum to settle a debate in his own party.

I'm no fan of Corbyn but actually I think he made a fairly shrewd calculation over the Referendum, even though it didn't work out as he thought.

Had he come out in favour of Leave it would have provoked another Labour leadership crisis with Shadow Cabinet resignations etc. Corbyn probably calculated that Remain would just about win (a mistake I also made) and he might as well be on the right side of an issue which wasn't fundamental to him.

Ironically his lukewarm enthusiasm for Remain probably hindered that side more than if he'd come out for Leave.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on October 30, 2017, 10:23:18 am by Glyn_Wigley »

But NOF didn't, so what you say isn't really relevant is it?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on October 30, 2017, 10:49:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »
TRB

Surely you're not suggesting that Corbyn engages in anything so base as hiding his own opinions and engaging in calculated political deception?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on October 30, 2017, 10:51:25 am by hoolahoop »

No it doesn't even with Scotland the North were NOT  broadly " Leave " voters .

Liverpool, Wirral, Sefton, Manchester , Stockport , Trafford, Harrogate, Leeds , York, Newcastle ALL  voted Remain.

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on October 30, 2017, 10:53:03 am by del boy »

Glyn you are one boring, sarcastic argumentative individual 

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on October 30, 2017, 10:53:53 am by hoolahoop »

You can't say it IS and then say EXCEPT to make your argument can you ?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on October 30, 2017, 11:01:11 am by hoolahoop »

It was you that questioned /argued with my post first wasn't it not Glyn - you are the argumentative one.
If just 600k had changed their minds the result would have been athe worst a draw for Remain. Do you think the South voted to Leave in droves too - if so where did the 16,000,000 + Remain voters come from ?

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on October 30, 2017, 11:18:25 am by del boy »

It was you that questioned /argued with my post first wasn't it not Glyn - you are the argumentative one.
If just 600k had changed their minds the result would have been athe worst a draw for Remain. Do you think the South voted to Leave in droves too - if so where did the 16,000,000 + Remain voters come from ?

It was you who questioned NOF first was it not?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on October 30, 2017, 11:28:05 am by hoolahoop »
Yes and backed it up - you theneed decided to arbitrarily cut off a third of the UK!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on October 30, 2017, 11:31:44 am by Bentley Bullet »
I get the impression that NOF was referring to the North as the North of England. I suspect people who frequently jump down his throat thought the same, but chose to ignore that, in order to continue to clutch at straws to give the tired old argument more life.

Let's look at what happened. Del boy said, "With exception of Scotland that link pretty much backs up NOF".

That statement is 100% correct and true.

I suppose Hoola's statement that "If just 600k had changed their minds the result would have been at the worst a draw for Remain" is also true, but's that's just plain silly!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:34:33 am by Bentley Bullet »

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on October 30, 2017, 11:51:33 am by del boy »
I get the impression that NOF was referring to the North as the North of England. I suspect people who frequently jump down his throat thought the same, but chose to ignore that, in order to continue to clutch at straws to give the tired old argument more life.

Let's look at what happened. Del boy said, "With exception of Scotland that link pretty much backs up NOF".

That statement is 100% correct and true.

I suppose Hoola's statement that "If just 600k had changed their minds the result would have been at the worst a draw for Remain" is also true, but's that's just plain silly!

Thank you Bentley common sense at last.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on October 30, 2017, 11:57:25 am by Glyn_Wigley »

I never thought NOF meant 'up north' as meaning 'ignoring Scotland' at all. But I ignored it as I wasn't the one debating the point with him, unlike someone else who decided to stick their oar in and rewrite what NOF said for him just to be argumentative. All I did was point out that that wasn't what NOF said in the first place and yet I'm the one who gets called argumentative!

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on October 30, 2017, 12:08:10 pm by del boy »

I never thought NOF meant 'up north' as meaning 'ignoring Scotland' at all. But I ignored it as I wasn't the one debating the point with him, unlike someone else who decided to stick their oar in and rewrite what NOF said for him just to be argumentative. All I did was point out that that wasn't what NOF said in the first place and yet I'm the one who gets called argumentative!

Being very selective with the points there again Glyn to suit your argument

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on October 30, 2017, 12:44:49 pm by The Red Baron »
TRB

Surely you're not suggesting that Corbyn engages in anything so base as hiding his own opinions and engaging in calculated political deception?

It does make you wonder, because if he had undergone some Road-To-Damascus conversion to the idea that the EU was a Good Thing you'd have expected him to engage in the campaign with more enthusiasm than he did.

Also, he seems reluctant even now to really hold May to account over her handling of Brexit. And he seems willing for Labour's policy to be confusing at best. Do Labour think we should stay in the Single Market, for example? It probably depends who you ask and when.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on October 30, 2017, 01:36:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TR
We're well and truly through the looking glass.

The PM has been a lifelong supporter of the EU, but heads a party which is strongly anti-EU and so has to half-heartedly claim she is also anti-EU.

The leader of the opposition has been a lifelong opponent of the EU but heads a party which is strongly pro-EU and so has to half-heartedly claim he is pro-EU.

Armando Iannucci or Peter Jay could have a field day with this material.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on October 30, 2017, 01:44:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, the SNP claim to be wildly pro-EU. But 35% of their supporters voted for Brexit. As I would have done were I an SNP supporter as it's the only route to Scottish Independence.

The only two parties which have remained true to their principles are the LDs and UKIP. Both of whom of made themselves utterly irrelevant by their incompetence.

What a good old British Farce, eh? It'd be hilarious if the consequences weren't going to be so bad for us all.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on October 30, 2017, 02:54:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

What did I miss out?

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on October 30, 2017, 03:18:20 pm by del boy »

What did I miss out?

I also said you were boring and sarcastic not just argumentative. As i said very selective.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on October 30, 2017, 03:37:01 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

What did I miss out?

I also said you were boring and sarcastic not just argumentative. As i said very selective.

We all know what you said. Boring and sarcastic (although how you divine sarcasm from the written word I don't know) is your opinion and thankfully the operation of your mind is nothing to do with me.

We can all already see that you called me selective. That means I left something of of my description of what I've written. I asked you what I've missed out. You've refused to do so. Or is it that you can't find anything I've missed out and so you're being the selective one in refusing to tell us?

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on October 30, 2017, 03:40:45 pm by del boy »
Like I said boring

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on October 30, 2017, 03:46:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Answer me, then I'll stop boring you. Simple.

If you don't, I - and everybody else - can only presume you don't know the meaning of the word selective and will no doubt resort to more abuse because you can't answer any other way.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on October 30, 2017, 03:54:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I don't think NOF 'ignored' Scotland in his reference to the North. I just think he was meaning the North of England. To ignore something is to refuse to take notice of or acknowledge, or disregard intentionally. I don't think he did.

It's obvious that you thought he did, hence the sarcastic accusation that he 'ignored' Scotland as being part of the North.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on October 30, 2017, 04:07:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I don't think NOF 'ignored' Scotland in his reference to the North. I just think he was meaning the North of England. To ignore something is to refuse to take notice of or acknowledge, or disregard intentionally. I don't think he did.

It's obvious that you thought he did, hence the sarcastic accusation that he 'ignored' Scotland as being part of the North.

That's all well and good. Apart from the fact that I didn't say NOF ignored Scotland at all, whether sarcastic or not.  Which it wasn't. In fact I have already clearly said that I think NOF's use of 'up north' includes Scotland.

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on October 30, 2017, 04:12:37 pm by del boy »

If you don't, I - and everybody else - can only presume you don't know the meaning of the word selective and will no doubt resort to more abuse because you can't answer any other way.

The part where I stated "excluding Scotland" you selectively  ignored the excluding part. Is that ok for you.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on October 30, 2017, 04:24:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

The part where I stated "excluding Scotland" you selectively  ignored the excluding part. Is that ok for you.

As I was giving an account of my actions and not yours, why would I have included it at all?

As it happens, I did anyway:

unlike someone else who decided to stick their oar in and rewrite what NOF said for him just to be argumentative.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 04:26:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on October 30, 2017, 04:32:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »

That's all well and good. Apart from the fact that I didn't say NOF ignored Scotland at all, whether sarcastic or not.  Which it wasn't. In fact I have already clearly said that I think NOF's use of 'up north' includes Scotland.

Well if that's the case I must have got lost in the translation of your gobbledegook.

I still think that NOF was referring to the North of England, but omitted to say the 'of England' bit and that you refused to accept that suggestion in order to continue your boring campaign of doom.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on October 30, 2017, 04:42:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Well if that's the case I must have got lost in the translation of your gobbledegook.

I still think that NOF was referring to the North of England, but omitted to say the 'of England' bit and that you refused to accept that suggestion in order to continue your boring campaign of doom.

No, it's much simpler than your conspiracy theory. I refused to accept it purely because it wasn't what NOF said.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on October 30, 2017, 05:48:58 pm by wilts rover »

It's still not true whatever geographical division you want to give it. 28% of the population (12 million people) didn't vote nd are not shown on those maps. Only in very small micro areas, like Stoke, Thurrock, Boston did the number of people voting Leave outnumber the Remain and Non-Voters put together.

The number of people in 'the north' who voted Leave in the referendum was greater than that who voted to Remain - but most people in the north did not vote for Brexit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012