Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:14:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Corbyn > Labour > corbyn  (Read 15750 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Corbyn > Labour > corbyn
« Reply #120 on November 02, 2017, 07:26:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I am just putting a presentation together on the Battle of Passchendaele (for a talk next week some tickets still available!). Here the top brass had a plan they thought would create a breakthrough in the war. When it didn't they thought it wasn't the plan that was wrong - but that the troops weren't carrying it out properly. So they had to do more of the same until it did work.

That's where we are with Austerity and I reckon history will judge it as well as Passchendaele.

One point about where the economy was when the Coalition took over  in 2010 and Gordon Brown's handling of it. So much is going on at the moment that Osborne's admission that Brown did the right thing and he would have done exactly the same, seems to have sneaked through with little notice. They just saw the political opportunity there and ran with it.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/18/theresa-may-sacked-george-osborne-pmqs-came-back-haunt/

That first paragraph reminds me of how Spike Milligan described the mentality of the Army: If a man dies when you hang him, keep on hanging him till he gets used to it!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on November 02, 2017, 08:29:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yeah, I saw that Wilts.

Grand, eh? Osborne vanished from public view whilst Brown, Balls and Darling steered us past an impending Great Depression in 08/09. Then when the worst was averted, he popped back up calling Labour Deficit Deniers. Now he finally admits that they did what they had to do and he'd have done the same.

Politics, eh?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on November 04, 2017, 12:05:17 am by hoolahoop »
Yeah, I saw that Wilts.

Grand, eh? Osborne vanished from public view whilst Brown, Balls and Darling steered us past an impending Great Depression in 08/09. Then when the worst was averted, he popped back up calling Labour Deficit Deniers. Now he finally admits that they did what they had to do and he'd have done the same.

Politics, eh?

Indeed they are nearly  all lying toe-rags but Osborne , Gove and particularly Bojo the clown far surpass the others .

I could cry at just how poor our politicians have become generally - some seem incapable of stringing more than half a dozen words together irrelevant of the Party they represent.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012