Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 05:15:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ryan cancellation air  (Read 5491 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Ryan cancellation air
« on September 19, 2017, 12:48:16 am by not on facebook »
For the next six weeks they have cancelled untold flights at the drop of a hat, with customers due to  travel now needing to scramble around for other airlines.

That Pratt O'Leary at Ryanair claims various reasons for above cancellations from the weather delaying flights which have knock on effects to next flights etc etc which are effecting time arrival issues.also holidays due to Ryanair flying crew is also an problem.

He claims only 2% of its passengers are effected .so while the 2% are effected the other 98% don't have a scobby if their flights are not going to be effected.

Ryanair offer thr opportunity for effected customers to re book flights ,but in turn they are getting charged for change of flights etc etc.not to add the ones that booked a cheap flight months ago as early birds are now asked to splash out on much higher fares for the  booking today.

Ryanair website is now down for maintainance issues > which tells you a story.

Word on the street is that Ryanair don't have the staff to fly the planes as many have jumped ship to Norwegian air ,hence why Ryanair have to cancelled many flights.

Caught the back end of O'Leary spouting shite but the bii that raised my eye brow was when he claimed that Norwegian air would be in financial trouble within a year? Why would he say that ?

Also mutterings about the downfall of airberlin is playing a part in this mess ,which I don't really have a full grasp of.
Allways said that Ryanair are a shite airline ,and I will not lose any sleep should they go to the wall.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:30:12 am by not on facebook »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Ryan cancellation air
« Reply #1 on September 19, 2017, 06:53:49 am by Filo »
Thankfully my flight on the 28th October is not affected

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 19, 2017, 07:19:31 am by Dagenham Rover »

Yet  :blink:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 19, 2017, 07:40:15 am by Filo »

The full list has been published right up until the end of October

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 19, 2017, 08:57:05 am by not on facebook »
I really hope they go to the wall after this .i doubt it thou as that prick O'Leary will offer something like free baggage or not charge for seat bookings to get public back on board.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 19, 2017, 09:44:03 am by RedJ »
It won't go to the wall I don't think. Everyone knows he's a Kitson, a money grabbing Kitson, and always have done, but people still use them.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 19, 2017, 09:55:23 am by Donnywolf »

How about the Taxi - have you got that booked ?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 19, 2017, 10:18:25 am by Glyn_Wigley »

And you trust them after this..? :silly:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 19, 2017, 11:02:18 am by Filo »

Don't use taxi for airport, over inflated prices, cheaper to drive and park 😀😀

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 19, 2017, 11:24:56 am by drfchound »
A lad i work with is due to use Ryanair next Friday and says his is confirmed as ok.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 19, 2017, 12:00:20 pm by Filo »

And you trust them after this..? :silly:

It's not about trust, would you trust any big organisation?

It's about working with the information given

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 19, 2017, 02:13:31 pm by not on facebook »
Few people are saying that Ryan air are in this mess because they have no cover for pilots who are taking their holidays and that many pilots have jumped plane across to Norwegian air.

If pilots havd crossed over then that might be  main reason why RA are in the shit .

Well there are no reports from pilots that have gone over to the noggy airline so maybe that is poppycock .

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 19, 2017, 05:14:32 pm by hoolahoop »

Probably not sure O'Leary will supply that even to a taxi driver when you get dropped back at the wrong airport due to aircrew shortages elsewhere. Filo if you trust Ryanair to stick to that list then good luck.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 19, 2017, 07:45:19 pm by not on facebook »
If it's true that Ryan air have lost a few pilots to Norwegian air this issue will go on untill they have replaced them I guess.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 19, 2017, 09:04:29 pm by aidanstu »
If it's true that Ryan air have lost a few pilots to Norwegian air this issue will go on untill they have replaced them I guess.

160 pilots this year have gone to Norwegian. It's been a long time coming as O'Leary has been testing them badly for quite a while.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 21, 2017, 03:31:27 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Just heard on the news that as the pilots have rejected the "bonus of up to 12k" to forego holidays. Ryanair are now trying to force pilots to delay their holidays until January to stave off further cancellations

and the cocky attitude was "its the difference between £29 flights and £250 flights and once its all calmed down people will come flocking back to us "

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 21, 2017, 04:14:49 pm by not on facebook »
I have only flown with them once and that was about 15 years ago I think .i had to be dragged onto the plane screaming and crying since we was flying Ryanair as it was a mate who booked it.

I said I would never fly with them again from that day and I stand by that .

What's happened of late is the worst thing possible as even the customers that have not had flights cancelled have second thoughts will my flight get the chop.

People will use them again as they are the cheapest and he will offer free baggage or something to get thr lemons back on board.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 21, 2017, 04:26:09 pm by Jenny »
I've flown with them several times, never had any real issues, they serve a purpose and if you go with the mindset of you get what you pay for you tend to not come away too disappointed

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 21, 2017, 05:36:41 pm by Wild Rover »
Irish Aviation site states Ryanair have lost 700 pilots this year.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 21, 2017, 07:10:48 pm by not on facebook »
I've flown with them several times, never had any real issues, they serve a purpose and if you go with the mindset of you get what you pay for you tend to not come away too disappointed

Good points made there Jenny young lady ,but main reason why I steer away from Ryanair has been their PR policy, so can't really give a true statement on how it is too travel with them built on fact.

I won't travel on BA  again because that is Shite and you allways had in back of mind number of times their staff went on strike.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 21, 2017, 10:46:17 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Not so sure another 125 pilots will make a difference by the story's in fact where do you find a 125 pilots in a couple of weeks  and more importantly would you as a customer trust them not that you would know

http://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-to-recruit-125-new-pilots-in-the-next-week-or-two-11046115

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 21, 2017, 11:03:48 pm by not on facebook »
Not so sure another 125 pilots will make a difference by the story's in fact where do you find a 125 pilots in a couple of weeks  and more importantly would you as a customer trust them not that you would know

http://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-to-recruit-125-new-pilots-in-the-next-week-or-two-11046115

I was thinking the same thing on how/where  he will pluck 120 pilots within next two weeks from.

Option A > another airline goes bust within that time scale .airbelin ?

Option B > offer a silly amount of wages to extent that non Ryanair pilots will flock to Ryanair.

Option C > from the pilot trees that he has spend across his orchard within his apple trees.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 22, 2017, 12:48:49 am by Colemans Left Hook »
allegedly "treats his horses better than izz staff ?"

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/sep/28/willie-mullins-loses-60-gigginstown-stud-horses-training-fees-row

In an interview with At The Races, Mullins said that the split with O’Leary, the chief executive of Ryanair, said “We’re parting company. It’s basically over fees, I’d imagine. I put my fees up for the first time in 10 years and Gigginstown chose not to pay them. I’m not willing to try to maintain the standards I have [without putting up fees], so that’s the way it is.
“Everyone that comes into my yard is treated the same. I see enough people going to the wall in Ireland all the time. We’ve evolved our methods of training, which obviously costs a lot, and we’re not prepared to sacrifice that.
“They’ve been very good to us over the years, they’ve bought some fantastic horses and there’s a fantastic team of horses going to whoever is going to get them. I wish them the best, it’s the way it is, we move on.”

Pegasus eat you heart out !!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:50:51 am by Colemans Left Hook »

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 27, 2017, 05:30:55 pm by not on facebook »
Ryanair now saying they will cancel flights upto march 2018 now .

So that's an extra  5 months from when they first claimed they would cancel flights.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 27, 2017, 06:02:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If they're not a company that is going down the crapper they're doing a very good impression of one.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 27, 2017, 06:13:03 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Itv news just said they have cancelled another 18,000 flights

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 27, 2017, 07:34:02 pm by not on facebook »
If they're not a company that is going down the crapper they're doing a very good impression of one.

Their share price went up 30p today at sometime.dont known if it stayed at that level

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 27, 2017, 07:56:02 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Their share price went up 30p today at sometime.dont known if it stayed at that level

That I truly don't understand - they must be losing millions in lost revenue and maybe with compensation to be paid on top, and their future consumer goodwill must be in tatters now.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 27, 2017, 08:33:22 pm by RedJ »
Didn't think I'd ever hear the words "consumer goodwill" anywhere near anything to do with Ryanair, to be honest.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 27, 2017, 08:34:25 pm by Filo »
I'm still safe 😀

TinyPortal © 2005-2012