Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:14:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Should Ferguson stay or go?

Stay
134 (70.9%)
Go
55 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author Topic: Stay or Go  (Read 18401 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Stay or Go
« Reply #30 on September 27, 2017, 05:20:20 pm by MrFrost »
I was about to vote "Go" then I realised this poll wasn't about frosty

Must try harder.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 27, 2017, 06:00:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I see this poll is higher than the 10% thrown in earlier for DF to go.

Like I said earlier 10% was a random example.....

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 27, 2017, 06:26:41 pm by drfchound »
I see this poll is higher than the 10% thrown in earlier for DF to go.

Like I said earlier 10% was a random example.....

I know that, I did say "what was thrown in earlier.

If 20% is a small minority it still means that 1400 fans from a 7000 gate want DF out.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 27, 2017, 06:30:59 pm by dickos1 »
I know, butsomebody said it was all but I said it was a small minority,  most clubs in the country will have a section of supporters that aren't happy with their manager
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:47:33 pm by dickos1 »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 27, 2017, 06:42:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Out of interest what percent did Dickov get to before he got the chop?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 27, 2017, 07:21:16 pm by silent majority »
I know, bit somebody said it was all bit I said it was a small minority,  most clubs in the country will have a section of supporters that aren't happy with their manager

Amazing isn't it? I've been listening to Liverpool supporters on 5 live all day talking about getting rid of Klopp.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 27, 2017, 08:45:57 pm by drfchound »
I know, bit somebody said it was all bit I said it was a small minority,  most clubs in the country will have a section of supporters that aren't happy with their manager

As high as 21%?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 27, 2017, 08:48:41 pm by dickos1 »
Id imagine so yes, much higher at places like Wednesday

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 27, 2017, 08:50:10 pm by drfchound »
Our poll is at 22% now.

Carvahall is on borrowed time right now.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 27, 2017, 08:54:23 pm by dickos1 »
80% of our fans are happy for him to stay,
But you wouldn't think that reading this forum, so it must be that being unhappy makes you post more. May be a factor to why this forum is very quiet after a win but chaos after a defeat

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 27, 2017, 09:00:53 pm by drfchound »
Well I agree with you that I am unhappy with where we are right now.
I bet there are plenty of others who are in the same position as me on that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 27, 2017, 09:04:34 pm by dickos1 »
I think most people are unhappy with results, but I just think in 6/7 of the 10 games we've deserved more than what we got.
I know it means little but to me it's enough to continue looking forward positively

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 27, 2017, 09:09:38 pm by drfchound »
I think most people are unhappy with results, but I just think in 6/7 of the 10 games we've deserved more than what we got.
I know it means little but to me it's enough to continue looking forward positively

I want nothing more than for us to do well but DF's record in recent L1 campaigns does not fill me with confidence.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on September 27, 2017, 10:07:48 pm by StocktonRover »
On principle I won't indulge in such a pointless knee jerk poll.

However, I'm still of the opinion that fergie has got us playing better (with a caveat on how we let the opposition advance without challenge and get shots away).

I would suggest that many more of the same opinion as myself won't indulge these types of polls either and as a result the outcome (whatever it is) is not reflective of the whole fan base.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 27, 2017, 10:59:25 pm by RedJ »
80% of our fans on this forum are happy for him to stay

Fixed for you x

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 28, 2017, 02:56:16 am by balbyrover »
Leaning towards go on this one.

He took us down in his first season which fair enough wasnt properly his team. It was however a team that should've been good enough regardless.  Many teams would've got rid. He got the benefit of the doubt.

Last season he achieved what was expected by most.  Promotion in a poor league. For most parts we played well but those final 7 games had so many reminders of the previous season it was unreal. It's a travesty that we didn't win the league given our position at one stage.  Third in a two horse race has been mentioned.

This summer hes had the oppurtunity to improve the team ready for the league above. He has blatantly ignored our need for a CH when everybody knew we needed one. 2 wins in 10 is a poor start for any side regardless of the division and 10 points from 10 games isnt good enough

We are on track to earn less than 50 points this season is we continue like this.  Whilst it may or may not keep us up,is it really satisfactory? And is it really progress since Ferguson became manager?

I can see points for him staying and going,but at the moment I am seriously leaning on the Ferguson out fence....

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 28, 2017, 05:36:00 am by DRFCMach2man »
Ten games in and 9 points - this is relegation form. My concern is if this continues for much longer we will be embroiled in a relagation battle by Chrustmas. All I want is for us to do well this season or at the very least consolidate our league 1 status. DF did get us promoted but the season before he took us down when it should never have happened. DF has shown he has trouble stopping these ' free fall' of poor results. Question is - how long do you give him to turn things around? 10 games soon becomes 20 and the season is half done. Personally I am worried that we are in for a repeat of our relegation season - I Really do hope my worries are unfounded but right now am not convinced DF can turn it around. There again 4 or 5 wins out of next 7 games and we are looking at a different picture!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on September 28, 2017, 06:37:50 am by dickos1 »
Leaning towards go on this one.

He took us down in his first season which fair enough wasnt properly his team. It was however a team that should've been good enough regardless.  Many teams would've got rid. He got the benefit of the doubt.

Last season he achieved what was expected by most.  Promotion in a poor league. For most parts we played well but those final 7 games had so many reminders of the previous season it was unreal. It's a travesty that we didn't win the league given our position at one stage.  Third in a two horse race has been mentioned.

This summer hes had the oppurtunity to improve the team ready for the league above. He has blatantly ignored our need for a CH when everybody knew we needed one. 2 wins in 10 is a poor start for any side regardless of the division and 10 points from 10 games isnt good enough

We are on track to earn less than 50 points this season is we continue like this.  Whilst it may or may not keep us up,is it really satisfactory? And is it really progress since Ferguson became manager?

I can see points for him staying and going,but at the moment I am seriously leaning on the Ferguson out fence....

Final 7 games? We beat Grimsby 5-1 and clinched promotion by beating Mansfield in those final 7 games.
With regards needing a centre half I think he's been proven to Ben correct in not needing a centre half, none of us thought wright would be this good and butler has arguably been our best player this season.
Only 6/7 teams have conceded fewer goals than us

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on September 28, 2017, 06:41:35 am by dickos1 »

Fixed for you x

What's fixed for me?

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 28, 2017, 08:37:16 am by grayx »
Stay.
I reckon we've got some class players which DF has managed to bring in. He's just got to start playing his best players in their best positions.
I dont think we're far away from being a strong team in this league given time to gel.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 28, 2017, 03:34:55 pm by RedJ »

Fixed for you x

What's fixed for me?

If you can't tell then you obviously can't read.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 28, 2017, 03:35:44 pm by RedJ »
He's just got to start playing his best players in their best positions.

Yeah it isn't like he has a history here of playing a system everyone but he can see isn't working while shoehorning players into roles they're not suited to. Obviously he's going to just stop doing that at random.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on September 28, 2017, 03:36:43 pm by dickos1 »
If you only voted to fix it for me then you're obviously daft

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 28, 2017, 03:37:38 pm by dickos1 »

Yeah it isn't like he has a history here of playing a system everyone but he can see isn't working while shoehorning players into roles they're not suited to. Obviously he's going to just stop doing that at random.

Wasn't it working when we won promotion with 5 games to spare

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on September 28, 2017, 03:41:15 pm by RedJ »

Not in the games "to spare".

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on September 28, 2017, 03:41:43 pm by RedJ »
Or in that 17 game winless streak where all but I think 3 were a draw.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on September 28, 2017, 03:42:16 pm by drfchound »

Not in the games "to spare".

Or the 17 game run without a win the season before.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on September 28, 2017, 03:43:42 pm by RedJ »
Beat you to it. ;)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on September 28, 2017, 03:45:52 pm by drfchound »

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on September 28, 2017, 04:03:16 pm by Donnybax »
80% of our fans are happy for him to stay,
But you wouldn't think that reading this forum, so it must be that being unhappy makes you post more. May be a factor to why this forum is very quiet after a win but chaos after a defeat
  I put stay but I wouldn't say I would be happy for him to stay. I was a little undecided I just don't think changing manager at this point in the season is right. I don't think anybody would be really bothered if he left.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012