Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 01:11:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time to go......  (Read 5241 times)

Spankster

• Forum Member
Time to go......
« on September 30, 2017, 07:31:45 pm by Spankster »
Hell no one can call be a part time fan but f**k me, I have never left a game early before but today I left at half time, their second goal all the fans were shouting 'back post' and where did the goal go in? back post, if we can see it why can't Fergie?

For me time for him to go, won 2 out of the last 14 games, f**k off Fergie!!!!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Time to go......
« Reply #1 on September 30, 2017, 07:34:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Didn't realise Fergie was playing! Strewth,,are we that short of players!?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 30, 2017, 07:36:51 pm by drfchound »
The thing is though baz, when we were losing under Dickov it was always the managers fault.
Why is this any different?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 07:39:23 pm by drfchound »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 30, 2017, 07:37:52 pm by RedJ »
Cos he plays "entertaining" football.

Thing is, I've been entertained at about 3 of the games this season and the only one I've missed so far is Plymouth.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 30, 2017, 07:38:16 pm by MrFrost »
The thing is though Gaz, when we were losing under Dickov it was always the managers fault.

Fergie is still living on past glories. Thats it

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 30, 2017, 07:39:00 pm by Spankster »
2 out of 14.....whose at fault?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 30, 2017, 07:51:44 pm by Donnywolf »
The thing is though Gaz, when we were losing under Dickov it was always the managers fault.

Which ones ? Peterborough promoted twice / and us of course / and probably summat else but its hardly a list to gloat over - though its better than I have or could have managed I grant you

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 30, 2017, 07:52:30 pm by MrFrost »

Which ones ? Peterborough promoted twice / and us of course / and probably summat else but its hardly a list to gloat over - though its better than I have or could have managed I grant you

Well those you have listed.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 30, 2017, 07:53:34 pm by drfchound »

Does that mean you couldn't have presided over the relegation seasons too Wolfe.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 30, 2017, 07:53:40 pm by dickos1 »
What else should he live on?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 30, 2017, 07:56:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The thing is though baz, when we were losing under Dickov it was always the managers fault.

It isn't any different. He carries the can. He knows that. What is bamboozling is these basic errors that keep repeating.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 30, 2017, 08:18:12 pm by since-1969 »
Stay or go it’s us that left with this shower if under performing misfits .

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 30, 2017, 08:36:14 pm by esdailles left foot »
He goes and we play with something called WIDTH and PACE. Strange concept I know 

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 30, 2017, 08:40:24 pm by Red wizard »
When is frenchie back. He should shore us up at the back a bit. He needs to sort things soon though as before we know it we will be at Christmas. I think he deserves time to sort it out after  last year. Everyone says they could've got us up with the side we had but it isn't as easy as that. Ask pompey  and Luton Sheffield u fans. We also know our board don't do knee jurk reactions so he will get chance to iron out the mistakes we are making. One positive from today we didn't  concede in the last minutes or straight after we score so you could say a bit of progress. Lol.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 30, 2017, 09:22:50 pm by StocksArmy »
Didn't realise Fergie was playing! Strewth,,are we that short of players!?

So are we saying Fergie isnt at fault for signing this squad of players? It is not totally his fault. Im unsure whether he should stay or leave. If he gets sack then every player should be up for transfer. As a collective we are not good enough.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 30, 2017, 09:27:08 pm by drfchound »
The last time we struggled in this division DF's supporters said it was because it wasn't his squad.
The same can't be said just now.

I agree that this isn't totally his fault but Dickov had to shoulder the blame when things went wrong so why wouldn't that apply now?

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 30, 2017, 10:09:34 pm by Pancho Regan »
You left at half time?!

Can we introduce an 'unlike' button so that I can express my view on the OP?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 30, 2017, 10:19:10 pm by the vicar »
Not time for him to go BUT it is time for him to get hard with ALL the players, they need a rude of wakening, they are making the same mistakes every game now and it is about time he put a stop to it.  Marquis should be dropped and it is the worst game Houghton has had for us, we are not playing to the strikers May had to track back or to go on the flanks to get the ball and that is not his game at all 

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 30, 2017, 11:28:12 pm by since-1969 »
Do we have the players to turn this around . The players that are injured are still not available and won’t be for a few more weeks . So it’s down to players who are just not playing to the teams needs .
May and Marquise need better service and more direct passes instead of this all around the houses before it’s released to someone. All this sideways backwards then sidesways and then backwards again with no thought for who is up front .
It’s pointlees dragging players away like May out of position,  when he needs balls put behind the defender for him to run on  to and use his pace.
Marquise needs the ball in or around the box not out on the flanks . Often the pace of the game is partly to blame , slowing to walking pace when passing, this isn’t going help draw defenders only bore them into falling asleep. There is no midfield generals , only Rowe seems to used strength to mussel his way through with  little support every time .
Reliance on Copps to negotiate the midfield has left him often taking too many players ending with passes to no one .
So I can’t see unless we do go more direct how we can turn this around and January is a long way off .

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 30, 2017, 11:48:31 pm by Alan Southstand »
There are too many things wrong to put them all right! First of all, we didn't sign enough and those that have signed are not right for this league. We're still relying on Copps, when really, he should be sat on the bench this season.
The midfield is totally unbalanced, with players good going forwards, to a point, but not good coming back. Attack as a team, defend as one - I'm not sure many in our team have heard of that. We have 1 defensive minded player and the rest are attack-minded and think they don't have to work back. There is no strength, either physically or mentally and we have no answer to teams that either 'sit' and await their chance or utilise bully boy tactics.
We Definately needed that centre back pre-season and for whatever reason, we failed and now it looks like a very poor decision.

A new manager? And he's going to do what, exactly? These are not my players - excuse ready for any new incumbent. And, it will take our Board too long to find one, never mind get the right one.

End of September and it's not looking good. Well done for sticking to the budget, at least we got that right!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 30, 2017, 11:50:58 pm by MrFrost »
There are too many things wrong to put them all right! First of all, we didn't sign enough and those that have signed are not right for this league. We're still relying on Copps, when really, he should be sat on the bench this season.
The midfield is totally unbalanced, with players good going forwards, to a point, but not good coming back. Attack as a team, defend as one - I'm not sure many in our team have heard of that. We have 1 defensive minded player and the rest are attack-minded and think they don't have to work back. There is no strength, either physically or mentally and we have no answer to teams that either 'sit' and await their chance or utilise bully boy tactics.
We Definately needed that centre back pre-season and for whatever reason, we failed and now it looks like a very poor decision.

A new manager? And he's going to do what, exactly? These are not my players - excuse ready for any new incumbent. And, it will take our Board too long to find one, never mind get the right one.

End of September and it's not looking good. Well done for sticking to the budget, at least we got that right!

Not signing Taylor looks to be a big mistake Peterborough supporters are raving about him.

If not him, then someone of that ilk.

We've brought in a set of young kids who have no experience at this level and it is showing.

Stick to the budget, or be competitive. It seems you can't have both.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 01, 2017, 12:20:19 am by dickos1 »
He wasn't great today was he?

Wright and butler have been our best two players this season

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 01, 2017, 06:33:39 am by Nudga »
I heard a whisper yesterday that before the Plymouth game he had five matches to turn it around. The whisper came from a squad member.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 01, 2017, 07:46:23 am by vaya »

Peterborough have conceded more goals than we have.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 01, 2017, 07:49:54 am by MrFrost »

And where are they in the table?

Have a look what their supporters are saying about him. I suppose they are wrong?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 01, 2017, 08:03:54 am by vaya »

Have a look what their supporters are saying about him. I suppose they are wrong?

They're above us, but we have a better defence. Statement of fact.

They can say what they want about him, but he's part of a defence that's conceded more goals than the team in 19th.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 01, 2017, 08:10:02 am by MrFrost »

They can say what they want about him, but he's part of a defence that's conceded more goals than the team in 19th.

He's still a far better player than any of our current starting defence.

I've had a quick look this morning at players signed by other clubs. I think the reason we are struggling is obvious.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 01, 2017, 08:15:11 am by vaya »

I've had a quick look this morning at players signed by other clubs. I think the reason we are struggling is obvious.

And we've still got a better defence than Peterborough, irrespective of how good you may think he is. Opinions don't stop goals.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 01, 2017, 08:38:58 am by drfc1951 »
So paying someone 7000 a week is OK in league one.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 01, 2017, 08:43:27 am by wilts rover »

Can I guess? 11 games in and we have failed to score in 6 of them. 17 shots yesterday - 0 goals. Seems obvious to me where the problem is.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012