Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:23:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ticket information for Rochdale games  (Read 8123 times)

Dabby

• Forum Member
Ticket information for Rochdale games
« on December 13, 2017, 12:07:26 am by Dabby »
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/ticket-information-for-rochdale-double/

Rovers face fellow Sky Bet League One side Rochdale twice in two different competitions over the Christmas and New Year period and supporters can take advantage of reduced ticket prices in each game.

Darren Ferguson’s side entertain the Dale at the Keepmoat Stadium in the league on Friday 29 December, before attention turns to the FA Cup third round on Saturday 6 January 2018.

Prices for the Sky Bet League One fixture are as follows:  £10 for adults, £5 for concessions and £1 for 17 and under.

The prices for the FA Cup game are as follows: £15 for adults, £10 for concessions and £5 for 17 and under.

Tickets will go on sale at 12pm on Tuesday 12 December.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

anne honemous

• Forum Member
Re: Ticket information for Rochdale games
« Reply #1 on December 13, 2017, 12:29:53 am by anne honemous »
I still think £15 is an excessive amount for the FA Cup game, even at the Third Round stage, when the lowest amount clubs can charge for that round is £10.

Good to see that prices have been slashed for the league game though.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 13, 2017, 01:29:09 am by RoversAlias »
It's a good trade off making the league game a tenner...not for season ticket holders though.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 13, 2017, 03:08:17 am by swintonrover »
It's a good trade off making the league game a tenner...not for season ticket holders though.

An adult South Stand season ticket works out at 14.74 per game. Go into the ticket office and demand your 4.74 back as people will get in cheaper than you. That's the least you deserve.

Honestly, accept sometimes it's not all about you, and one cheap game will not cause you significant harm.
Signed
A Season ticket holder.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 13, 2017, 03:32:42 am by RoversAlias »
Alright, calm down.

I'm not even bothered, just pointing it out. I'm glad the club are going with this price structure due to the successive games against the same opponent.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 13, 2017, 06:36:05 am by glosterred »
Don’t seem to recall to many complaints when the Rovers charged £15 for the Scunthorpe FA Cup game.

COYR

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 13, 2017, 08:43:05 am by selby »
 Anne ,will you be happy to pay £45 for a potential 4th round tie at Old Trafford, or will you be dining with the stars there at god knows how much.
  Seem to remember a box for ten with a balcony and down the side was £13,000 for a cup game last year.
   Forgot plus V.A.T.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 13, 2017, 09:01:41 am by dickos1 »
Price should be more for the cup as the away side gets a higher percentage of the receipts

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 13, 2017, 09:14:19 am by drfchound »
Fifteen quid isn't excessive for the cup game in my opinion.
People pay £20 for league game tickets and i don't see many complaints about that.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 13, 2017, 09:20:33 am by IDM »
It would take a lot of individual league game ticket offers to diminish the value of a ST.

Folks don't have much spare cash at this time of year so these prices are great.  £15 for the FA Cup 3rd round isn't a bad price.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 13, 2017, 09:49:18 am by selby »
  The constant moaning about the cheka trade,fa cup,and league cup ticket prices,  makes me wonder if the same people are the ones who moan about the player budget.
   Cup runs can make it easier for the owners to fund this side of the club.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 13, 2017, 11:17:02 am by podrover73 »
  The constant moaning about the cheka trade,fa cup,and league cup ticket prices,  makes me wonder if the same people are the ones who moan about the player budget.
:that:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 13, 2017, 11:26:27 am by idler »
I think that when 90 odd percent of fans paid cash at a turnstile every week you never thought about it. Now a lot of fans roll up every week and just rip a ticket out of a book, it's not the same as paying.   Then a cup game comes along and fans have to think about paying and look at what it costs them. Look at Bradford City's league gates and compare it it the cup attendences. I think that it was about 4,750 for the Plymouth game.
They have very cheap season tickets but most of their fans won't pay for the extra games. I live in Bradford and my mates are very disappointed that when they go to cup games the atmosphere is nowhere near as good.
Then of course you get the debacle over tickets when they played Chelsea away and every man and his dog wanted to go. Their arrangements that day were a farce.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 13, 2017, 12:08:33 pm by selby »
  It should be easy with a data base,season tickets,members,and any other regular ticket purchases first. People who have purchased tickets for earlier rounds or over 2 league games, then a free for all for the I have always supported the team, but do not go to matches but want to go to this game.
  Then you are being fair,and I think in the rare times we have had a more attractive game,in most cases the club have bent over backwards to make sure everyone who wanted a ticket got one.
  Likewise with transport to the games,Paul and his gang have worked wonders.
  Lets hope we have these problems this season.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 13, 2017, 12:36:05 pm by idler »
City have over 17,000 season ticket holders though. They panicked and on the Saturday that they went on sale people were queueing before midnight on the Friday. They also allowed someone with five or more books get five or more tickets. It was mayhem.
There were also bus loads of City fans setting off early Saturday morning for an away game down south unable to queue.
The club changed their policy after this and if I remember right held some back for some of those travelling to the away game.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 13, 2017, 12:43:46 pm by the vicar »
Clubs have to agree a ticket price, and if Dale say 15 or 20 then it is up to both clubs to sort it between them, as they share the profits so no good moaning

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 13, 2017, 01:04:38 pm by RoversAlias »
Well this got out of hand.

Irony is, I was the person who questioned someone else's indignation when they said £15 was too much for the Scunny cup game, because it was (and still is) a fair price. I'm not moaning, I'm happy to pay that price for the Rochdale game and applaud the club's initiative for this and the league fixture. Didn't mean for it to come across otherwise.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 13, 2017, 01:22:01 pm by DMnumber4 »
Buy a ticket for the League game and get the Cup game discounted?

That way it's inclusive of STH's?

Just a thought.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 13, 2017, 01:30:14 pm by steve@dcfd »
I still think £15 is an excessive amount for the FA Cup game, even at the Third Round stage, when the lowest amount clubs can charge for that round is £10.

Is it because in the FA cup both teams receive a % each, so they have to agree a price and £15 may be the minimum?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 13, 2017, 05:13:46 pm by silent majority »

Is it because in the FA cup both teams receive a % each, so they have to agree a price and £15 may be the minimum?

The minimum price is currently £10 for rounds 1 to 6. Both clubs and the FA have to agree.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 13, 2017, 09:14:57 pm by anne honemous »
Anne ,will you be happy to pay £45 for a potential 4th round tie at Old Trafford, or will you be dining with the stars there at god knows how much.
  Seem to remember a box for ten with a balcony and down the side was £13,000 for a cup game last year.
   Forgot plus V.A.T.

Nope, it's an absolute disgrace that Derby fans are being charged that amount for the game in the 3rd Round as well.

It's complete profiteering.

The minimum price is there for a reason but it seems very, very few clubs have chosen to abide by it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 13, 2017, 09:32:03 pm by selby »
  I agree 100%,stupid  but people pay it.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 13, 2017, 10:22:30 pm by Muttley »

According to this article from FSF
The minimum price is currently £10 for rounds 1 to 6. Both clubs and the FA have to agree.

According to this article from the FSF, it is now the home club's discretion what to charge.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/The-price-of-change-new-FA-Cup-rule-stings-home-and-away-fans

(ii) Competition Proper

Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions. The away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home Club’s spectators if mutually agreed by both Clubs.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 13, 2017, 10:34:08 pm by silent majority »

According to this article from FSF

According to this article from the FSF, it is now the home club's discretion what to charge.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/The-price-of-change-new-FA-Cup-rule-stings-home-and-away-fans

(ii) Competition Proper

Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions. The away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home Club’s spectators if mutually agreed by both Clubs.

The minimum price still applies though.

Strangely enough we tabled this very item at last weeks NC meet because of other issues surrounding the FA Cup, which will become apparent over the next few months, yet despite discussing it it still slipped my mind!

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 14, 2017, 07:27:28 am by phil old leake »
This is going to read a little contradictory. It’s good to have affordable ticketing over this period and cup games.  Saying that I do feel a little aggrieved that I’m a season ticket holder and will be paying more than someone who might just be bored over xmas and fancies a game. 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 14, 2017, 08:11:20 am by IDM »
This is going to read a little contradictory. It’s good to have affordable ticketing over this period and cup games.  Saying that I do feel a little aggrieved that I’m a season ticket holder and will be paying more than someone who might just be bored over xmas and fancies a game. 

Yes but if that same person likes what he or she sees, the next game they pay for at full price would then mean their average payment is more than that for ST holders, and they are not guaranteed to sit in a regular place with their mates etc etc etc..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 14, 2017, 09:59:30 am by drfchound »
One of the (few) benefits of getting older is that £10 per game is still more than i pay per game for my seniors season ticket.

However, even if i was paying the standard adult rate i would still welcome the initiative in the hope that it encouraged people to come to more matches.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 14, 2017, 11:11:44 am by RedJ »
Can't believe people are f**king whinging about £4 difference. Over the course of the season you'll get that back several times over having stumped up for your season ticket. Christ, some people need to get a grip.

Moan when there's nobody turning up, moan when the club try to get people through the door. Jesus wept.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 14, 2017, 11:43:24 am by DMnumber4 »
Can't believe people are f**king whinging about £4 difference. Over the course of the season you'll get that back several times over having stumped up for your season ticket. Christ, some people need to get a grip.

Moan when there's nobody turning up, moan when the club try to get people through the door. Jesus wept.

I know what you're saying. However, purely playing devil's advocate, do you reckon some people test the club's resolve knowing that they're likely to put a reduced offer out and it's just a case of who blinks first?
I know there'll be a school of thought that anyone who wants to go will buy a ticket regardless, but it is a possibility.

RE: Trying to get people through the door. a) Attendances seem to have been ok / good thus far I think. They usually top 7,000 and this is in a division where away support can be unreliable e.g. Walsall where we could take 1,000 but they only bring 300 up here.
b) isn't it "Rovers utopia" that they never have to put on any offer ever again because we're at capacity? For a town this size...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 14, 2017, 12:48:31 pm by selby »
I would think that 99% of season ticket holders at the Rovers just want as many supporters at cup games as possible, it is part of supporting the club.
 I do anyway.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012