Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:50:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers for a late run into the playoffs?  (Read 40552 times)

anne honemous

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers for a late run into the playoffs?
« Reply #150 on January 07, 2018, 09:19:43 pm by anne honemous »
Drover, if you want to doubt me that's absolutely fine.

Nevertheless, these lads looked up to him and were young and impressionable, and it cost them a lot of money.

Michael definitely knows who I'm on about (and this is absolutely Michael McIndoe posting for anyone who has doubts) as he's been pressed for answers at numerous points over the last 5 years but he always hides away from the subject.

He also won't get back into football because nobody in football wants him anymore.
So you have no proof?

Lets see what Michael has to say on the subject shall we (unless he's going to swerve it yet again)...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on January 07, 2018, 09:26:37 pm by Jonathan »
I would ignore your provocation if I was him. That chapter is finished, the CPS did not pursue the charges. It’s done now. This thread is about football.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:29:41 pm by Jonathan »

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on January 07, 2018, 09:40:01 pm by CrippyCooke »
Hi Michael,

You were without doubt one of the most talented players I've seen play for the Rovers in my lifetime. Living down south a lot of my school friends at the time were Bristol City fans so I was regularly reminded of the quality of player we had lost!

Who was the best manager you've played under and why? Also, who was the worst?

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on January 07, 2018, 09:40:38 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Hi Michael,

It's great that you're on here bringing back memories of possibly the best single season in 45 years of supporting Rovers. Special for me, not only for winning the title , but this was the first season witnessing Rovers for my lad, and it's taken a few years for him to realise it wasn't always as good as that!

I thoroughly enjoyed your book and wondered after your comments on Dave Penney if you swop  Christmas cards?  ;) Seriously though, I get you didn't like him as a bloke but how did you rate him as a manager/ coach?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on January 07, 2018, 09:44:15 pm by dickos1 »
Drover, if you want to doubt me that's absolutely fine.

Nevertheless, these lads looked up to him and were young and impressionable, and it cost them a lot of money.

Michael definitely knows who I'm on about (and this is absolutely Michael McIndoe posting for anyone who has doubts) as he's been pressed for answers at numerous points over the last 5 years but he always hides away from the subject.

He also won't get back into football because nobody in football wants him anymore.
So you have no proof?

Lets see what Michael has to say on the subject shall we (unless he's going to swerve it yet again)...

Why should he answer aggressive questions off a stranger hiding behind a computer.
He's not been charged with anything.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on January 07, 2018, 09:46:55 pm by CrippyCooke »
I would ignore your provocation if I was him. That chapter is finished, the CPS did not pursue the charges. It’s done now. This thread is about football.

Agreed. Matters such as this should be left to the legal professionals who have decided not to press charges.

I hope the persistently aggressive questioning doesn't deter MM from continuin to discuss football on here. The forum would be much richer with the input of current or former professionals.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:01:17 pm by CrippyCooke »

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on January 07, 2018, 09:58:05 pm by Silkscarf »
Michael

I've been watching the Rovers for over 40 years. You were possibly the best all-round player in that time that I've seen wear our shirt (in terms of games played, skill, overall commitment, fitness, attitude etc etc, not to mention your key role in our great run in recent years). I was proud that you represented my home town team and I urged you on as you tried to get a full Scotland cap (maybe you still could?). When you joined us we were told you had been an alcoholic and had been through tough times in Edinburgh but had overcome them. You seemed to be a good guy.

But setting all that aside, the things you did off the pitch make me think that my respect for you was misplaced. I felt you let us down. The stories I've read about you make me want to have your name expunged from the club's history. Is that a bit harsh or what?

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on January 07, 2018, 10:11:52 pm by anne honemous »
If Michael wishes to discuss this via the Private Message function then I'll be more than happy for him to do so.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on January 07, 2018, 10:17:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Why on earth would he want to discuss such matters with someone who's anonymous?

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on January 08, 2018, 12:02:18 am by boro_rover »
Awesome. I barely post on this forum because I feel it is going further and further down the pan. As soon as something interesting happens a few keyboard warriors bring it grinding to a halt.

Cheers guys. We were getting a chance to ask some great questions to a former Rovers player who was the most exciting player I have seen pull on a shirt for us, during one of our best spells.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on January 08, 2018, 09:48:49 am by wesisback »
Where did you first get introduced to Mick Murray of Lazarus fame?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on January 08, 2018, 10:06:15 am by donnievic »
does he own Thornhurst and murvic or is that other family members?

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on January 08, 2018, 11:21:00 am by ian1980 »
does he own Thornhurst and murvic or is that other family members?

Different family altogether I think

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on January 08, 2018, 11:49:19 am by GazLaz »

Mick was trying to get hold of Macca last time I spoke to him.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on January 08, 2018, 11:51:49 am by anne honemous »

Mick was trying to get hold of Macca last time I spoke to him.

Is he owed money as well?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on January 08, 2018, 12:05:28 pm by Jonathan »
They’re all pillars of the community aren’t they...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on January 08, 2018, 12:57:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Thread ruined.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on January 08, 2018, 01:46:13 pm by Filo »

BerlinRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on January 08, 2018, 01:49:47 pm by BerlinRed »
Thanks for so many great memories, Michael. Let's be honest though, you're on here to promote your book. Right?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on January 08, 2018, 01:59:22 pm by IDM »
Assuming the poster really is MM, I am sure he is thick skinned enough to deal with uncomfortable questions, whether or not he chooses to answer them..

BerlinRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on January 08, 2018, 02:12:19 pm by BerlinRed »
Assuming the poster really is MM, I am sure he is thick skinned enough to deal with uncomfortable questions, whether or not he chooses to answer them..
:that:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on January 08, 2018, 03:22:36 pm by graingrover »
Well is was MM I can guarantee that since I referred to sthg only he would have known about apart from myself . (The thread will be memorable for two things MM and the usual spoiler!)

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on January 08, 2018, 03:53:36 pm by stuey »
Welcome to the forum Michael. One of the best I've ever seen a Rovers shirt and definitely in my all time 11.

Have you read the book about the 'secret footballer' and do you have any idea who it is?

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on January 08, 2018, 04:37:13 pm by Michael McIndoe »
What did you think Michael when you looked over and touchline in extra time vs Arsenal with us 2-1 up and saw Sam Oji being brought on?

I thought good. We're trying to hold on to our lead with 15 minutes to go!

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on January 08, 2018, 04:43:10 pm by Michael McIndoe »
Michael, do you remember the 2-1 away victory at Mansfield, a lot of supporters, me included thought that was the defining moment when we believed promotion was coming our way, did you & the players feel the same or was it just another 3 points on the board, thanks.

I remember that game quite well especially the celebration when Greg got his second goal. Yes I have to agree with you it was one of those games in the season where we thought afterwards, we're getting close now with two months left of the season. And because Mansfield were doing quite well themselves it definitely gave us more momentum.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on January 08, 2018, 05:01:46 pm by Alickismyhero »
Michael,

I met a football coach in Edinburgh a few years ago at a Christmas party, his first name was Andrew but I have forgotten his surname name, ring a bell? He still lives in Portobello . Andrew was involved with coaching you as a youth. He must have been rated as a coach as Alex Ferguson wanted him as a coach in Manchester. Andy is now working for FIFA in organising/coaching "The Homeless World Cup" He painted a very interesting picture of a young McIndoe who had a lot of football talent.

I think Mc's gone but a colourful character and seems to be turning his life around.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:06:53 pm by Alickismyhero »

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on January 08, 2018, 05:09:50 pm by Michael McIndoe »
Was wondering Macca, did you watch the playoff final against Leeds in 2008?

I think I was travelling at the time but I did watch it later that evening. What an occasion.

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on January 08, 2018, 05:11:32 pm by Michael McIndoe »
The jury’s out on Darren Ferguson. Any views on him?

I think he's a well established manager at that level. The question is can he take you up and be successful in the Championship? I don't know.

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on January 08, 2018, 05:15:09 pm by Michael McIndoe »
Question for Macca...

As a player, did you look at forums and social media, and did you get affected by the comments?  And your team mates too?

I notice that there is always exaggeration and hyperbole, including on here - lose a game and the players are shit and the manager needs to be sacked - win, and the play offs become a minimum target...

I've never been on social media as a player. I never looked at fans forums either. A player knows if he's done well or not on a match day. I've always said in football that a month is a long time which is why I loved playing because you have to prove yourself week in week out. I always felt if I wasn't playing well then it's a fan's right to shout at me.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on January 08, 2018, 05:16:29 pm by drfchound »
The jury’s out on Darren Ferguson. Any views on him?

I think he's a well established manager at that level. The question is can he take you up and be successful in the Championship? I don't know.

It will always be hard for a club like us to even stay in the Championship, never mind be successful there.
I would love us to have another crack at it though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012