Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:57:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Shrewsbury v TLO Doncaster  (Read 18804 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Shrewsbury v TLO Doncaster
« Reply #150 on January 20, 2018, 05:15:19 pm by Dutch Uncle »
The thought of history repeating itself can sometimes be very frightening.

Twos year ago, about this time, we came from 0-2 behind to draw with Gillingham in a match we suffered many injuries  :ohmy:

I do think we are much better two years on, but if Butler is out for some time we must replace him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on January 20, 2018, 05:16:31 pm by Copps is Magic »
Radio said that the Beestin sub was a game changer.

I agre with IDM, and I'm sure many of you think the same. Performing 45 mins a game isn't enough.

Are we unfit or is it tactical or mental?

In this game it was simply a case of, if we were able to defend set-pieces I thought we'd have won the game quite comfortably. In general it might be a different question.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on January 20, 2018, 05:21:46 pm by drfchound »
Pages 1 and 2 of Lucky pint today sums up many of our fans,

Not really sure what you are saying but if it is that supporters were complaining about things I don't see how it can sum up many of our supporters.
The posts were only commenting on how things were going AT THAT TIME and the same group of posters were very complimentary as things improved.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on January 20, 2018, 05:36:54 pm by Filo »

The ebb and flow of emotions, look and listen around you, it happens in every stadium in the land

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on January 20, 2018, 06:10:00 pm by IDM »

The ebb and flow of emotions, look and listen around you, it happens in every stadium in the land

Precisely, even if some do see things differently..

It's far worse on twitter, go 2-0 down and its the end of the world..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on January 20, 2018, 06:12:58 pm by IDM »
3 players injured in 1 game and we still don't know if Houghton went off with an injury, so it could be 4. We'll be relying on youth team players before long.

Great character to get it back to 2-2. Shame about Weldricks.

I assume you mean the 3rd injured player was Wright?  He played all game didn't he?  Nowt was said on twitter by the official feed or the journos to say Houghton was injured so the conclusion is that it was tactical..

Butler and Ben Khemis, we'll wait and see..

Why do you make the tone of your post more worrying?

See DF's post match comments in the DFP https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-ferguson-may-be-forced-into-loan-market-after-double-injury-blow-at-shrewsbury-1-8970391

No mention of Wright or Houghton being injured, and also hints we can look at the loan market if these two are bad ones..

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on January 20, 2018, 07:01:14 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Given the performance in the first half I don’t see a problem with any of the comments and has stated those negative feelings changed in the second half as our performance improved. You really need to take the blinkers off nothing is straight down the middle, Black or white etc.. when emotions are involved everything changes from one minute to the next

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on January 20, 2018, 08:24:54 pm by dickos1 »
Point being it's a bit silly and very negative to give in after 60 or so minutes. Imagine if the players did that.
Today was an unbelievably tough game and we've supporters saying it's game over and the formation is all wrong.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on January 20, 2018, 08:44:37 pm by drfchound »
Wasn’t the formation changed though and then we got back into the game?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on January 20, 2018, 08:56:52 pm by bobjimwilly »
Man of the match poll now up --> https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=264964

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on January 20, 2018, 10:09:28 pm by drfchound »
It's now that you realise how many headers Butler wins cleanly.

Sorry but we concede from set pieces when he plays. It’s something we’ve been guilty of for sometime

I agree. Sounds like our two main beefcakes are off the pitch for both goals.

I am not surprised that we concede from set plays when Butler plays.

All teams concede from set plays whoever is in the team.

Looking at the highlights it appears to be Blair who was picking up the player who headed down for the first goal.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on January 20, 2018, 10:14:44 pm by StocktonRover »
It’s worth noting that Wright was off the field getting treatment and was ready and asking to come back on before they took the corner but the officials wouldn’t let him back on.
This happened earlier as well when the ball was out of play and both times he wasn’t allowed back on until after the game had restarted.

Is this just the ref being a dick or is that what the rules state?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on January 20, 2018, 10:18:33 pm by drfchound »
It’s worth noting that Wright was off the field getting treatment and was ready and asking to come back on before they took the corner but the officials wouldn’t let him back on.
This happened earlier as well when the ball was out of play and both times he wasn’t allowed back on until after the game had restarted.

Yeah, I read that on the thread earlier (Wright being off the pitch).
Some refs seem to allow players straight back on and yet others make them wait a while.
Would there have been an opportunity for the ref to let Wright back on before the corner was taken?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on January 20, 2018, 10:26:57 pm by StocktonRover »

Yeah, I read that on the thread earlier (Wright being off the pitch).
Some refs seem to allow players straight back on and yet others make them wait a while.
Would there have been an opportunity for the ref to let Wright back on before the corner was taken?

Yeah, without doubt. Fergie was going mental with the Lino and 4th official and the ref looked over before turning back and instructing the corner to be taken.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on January 20, 2018, 10:28:52 pm by dickos1 »
Wasn’t the formation changed though and then we got back into the game?

Not really no. And people moaning with 40 minutes to go and giving up is just typical of our supporters

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on January 20, 2018, 10:56:47 pm by drfchound »
It isn’t actually unreasonable for supporters to feel that the game may be lost at 2-0 down.

In all four divisions of the EFL and PL only one other team, Accrington, came back from 2 goals behind to get something from their game.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on January 20, 2018, 11:11:13 pm by RedJ »
Honourable mention for Leeds, who came from 2-0 down with 10 men to lead 3-2 - before hilariously f**king it up at the death.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on January 20, 2018, 11:30:25 pm by dickos1 »
It isn’t actually unreasonable for supporters to feel that the game may be lost at 2-0 down.

In all four divisions of the EFL and PL only one other team, Accrington, came back from 2 goals behind to get something from their game.

Of course it is, people were sharpening their knives, planting the seed for their upcoming moans.
Posts were very negative, not been In Their half not got any possession
When in reality we had 53% posession

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on January 20, 2018, 11:33:23 pm by RedJ »
Were you there today? we were shite in the first half. Looked a different side after the break.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on January 20, 2018, 11:40:16 pm by dknward2 »
I was  one of them that thought we wouldn't get back into it. But that was based on the fact being 2 down our best centre back off injured our other with his head bandaged and the fact we were playing one of the best home teams in league 1. I'm glad we did and huge respect to the players and Fergie for the changes and for not giving up. We need to take the positives and we could get all 3 points on Tuesday

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on January 21, 2018, 11:45:03 am by RoversAlias »

Of course it is, people were sharpening their knives, planting the seed for their upcoming moans.
Posts were very negative, not been In Their half not got any possession
When in reality we had 53% posession

I expect when you're sat at a game and we go 2 or 3 down you exclaim with happy confidence "no problem this lads, we will win!" every time? Fair play if you do, but it is human nature to see such events and expect it to end in defeat and disappointment, because the odds suggest at that stage that it will. It's lovely to come back and get a draw or even a win but it is rare and so we're all doubly pleased when we pull it off. The only negativity I've seen on this board since 5 o'clock yesterday is you with this in here and one other poster on the main board criticising fans for the same thing.

Short version: stop picking fights with supporters for being perfectly normal and typical football fans during the course of the game.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on January 21, 2018, 12:03:21 pm by IDM »
If you mean me, I don't have an issue with someone saying words to the effect of "we're not likely to get anything out of this game now " or "we're going to struggle to get back into this one" when we are 2-0 down away from home..  Comments like that make sense and are reasonable..

Saying "game over" going 2-0 down on say 85, 86 minutes, is understandable.

But "game over" - at 52 minutes - is a step too far IMHO.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on January 21, 2018, 05:06:37 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Just watched the highlights  dubious positioning of the ball for the corner that leads to the first goal

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on January 21, 2018, 05:26:53 pm by drfchound »
Just watched the highlights  dubious positioning of the ball for the corner that leads to the first goal

A feature of almost every game I see.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on January 21, 2018, 05:39:28 pm by Dagenham Rover »

A feature of almost every game I see.

I know you look over the ball nowadays and if any part of the ball cuts across the marking its legal but that looks very dodgy 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on January 21, 2018, 05:42:51 pm by drfchound »
Yep I know the rule Daggers but still say it is a feature of every game I see.
Usually on the side where there isn’t a linesman.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012