Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 10:35:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lawler  (Read 6190 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Lawler
« on February 10, 2018, 07:19:05 pm by the vicar »
Terrible goal it took ages for the ball to get to the goal and he should of got to it a keeper should never give away a goal at the short side

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
Re: Lawler
« Reply #1 on February 10, 2018, 07:20:32 pm by Jimmydee »
He still managed to pull off a couple of good saves that kept us in the game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 10, 2018, 07:23:11 pm by drfchound »
Lawlor is a fine keeper, no doubt.
I also think he could have been better positioned though to keep the header out.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 10, 2018, 07:32:49 pm by the vicar »
Yes he is a good keeper but he has 1 or 2 blunders available in most games

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 10, 2018, 07:50:39 pm by Retdon1 »
I think he has the potential to be a good keeper but I think at the moment he is bang average.... yes he does pull of some good saves ( most keepers do ) but he also lets in lots of soft goals including todays. There is no way he should be conceding goals like that.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 10, 2018, 07:59:53 pm by Draytonian III »
Today's goal wasn't down to Lawlor. I still think he will be sold in the close season, to a Championship club to be a second keeper . That's why Marosi and Jones signed contracts

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 10, 2018, 08:03:39 pm by the vicar »
Then who's was it who was in goal who lost the ball on the short side from a header so far out to the side and should of collected it

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 10, 2018, 08:06:15 pm by chrisd_123 »
Can see why he's blamed but Anderson lost his man and then was in Lawlor's line of sight when the guy headed it downwards.

Could have done better but the guy should never have had the free header in the first place.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 10, 2018, 08:10:13 pm by drfchound »
Can see why he's blamed but Anderson lost his man and then was in Lawlor's line of sight when the guy headed it downwards.

Could have done better but the guy should never have had the free header in the first place.

Anderson could have done better and his reaction showed so when he held his head after the header went in.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 10, 2018, 08:29:17 pm by the vicar »
Yes I know that hound but Lawler should of stopped it

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 10, 2018, 08:37:19 pm by mushRTID »
Just seen the highlights. He’s got to save that.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 10, 2018, 08:46:20 pm by RedJ »

Lawlor seems to let quite a lot of headers from close range in.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 10, 2018, 08:56:10 pm by the vicar »
Yes he does but that was not quite close range lol

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 10, 2018, 08:59:35 pm by drfchound »
Yes I know that hound but Lawler should of stopped it

I reckon so too vicar, I have already said as much.
He should have been better positioned at the far post.
It is an easy game from the stands though.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 10, 2018, 09:06:35 pm by Filo »
Just seen the highlights. He’s got to save that.

I agree, poor getting beat at your near post, it was n't like it was point blank range either

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 10, 2018, 09:07:53 pm by Retdon1 »
He lets far too many in from long range as well that he should be saving. But like i said earlier he has potential to be a good keeper but right now he's not in my opinion

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 10, 2018, 09:11:05 pm by donnievic »
He still managed to pull off a couple of good saves that kept us in the game.
one good save today the 1st one was straight at him,yes he has saved us a few times with great saves but thought he was at fault today and partly to blame for both goals last week

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 10, 2018, 09:13:36 pm by drfchound »
He lets far too many in from long range as well that he should be saving. But like i said earlier he has potential to be a good keeper but right now he's not in my opinion

Only eight teams have conceded less than us though and six of them are in the top seven.
Considering how so many people are saying how bad our defenders are some credit should surely be going to Lawlor.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 10, 2018, 09:26:03 pm by chrisd_123 »

He is a good keeper but I agree that he's got a lot more potential.

Although it's all relative. If he was better he wouldn't be here. Whatever keeper we get will either be young and raw and prone to the odd inexperienced mistake before heading up the leagues (lawlor) or a football league journeyman keeper who just isn't any better than this level.

Let's be honest, we were spoiled to have a keeper like Sullivan for so long. But even he had the odd clanger in him!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 10, 2018, 10:12:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If he'd have stayed upright, he would have gathered it easily.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 10, 2018, 11:45:40 pm by pib »
Wasn't a strong header and I certainly don't disagree that he might have done better, however in Lawlors defence it can't be easy when the ball is travelling through so many bodies in the box.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 10, 2018, 11:52:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
Best we have had with his feet, not massively impressive with his hands. Fairly solid average keeper but decent sweeper.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 11, 2018, 12:20:52 am by eastender »
Lawlor must be Fergies love child, he won't have a bad word said against him   

It's not so long a go that Morosi was hung out to dry By DF for dropping a few clangers.

Morosi deserves his chance now and should be given it on Tuesday.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 11, 2018, 01:09:32 am by RoversAlias »
I literally don't get some of our fans and what they see at times. Lawlor is for me easily the best permanent keeper we've had since Sullivan. It isn't even close, he's better than Marosi (and I really do like Marko). He makes errors but he's young and actually pretty inexperienced for a pro keeper yet he has an excellent kick on him, is a superb shot stopper and his distribution is actually very good. Fergie is the first manager we've had that insists on constant short distribution from the keeper so of course it is going to be noticeable when it goes wrong more. Lawlor will be a Championship calibre goalkeeper within a few years and will spend the majority of his career at that level in my view. I just hope it's with us.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 11, 2018, 07:13:45 am by Cantley Rover »
He is at best an average league 1 keeper. No better nor worse than other goalkeepers in this league.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 11, 2018, 08:31:37 am by dickos1 »
Our recent unbeaten away record is mainly down to him

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 11, 2018, 08:42:02 am by Bezza »
easy to jump on Lawlors back, take the positives he kept us in it today.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 11, 2018, 08:47:54 am by Donnywolf »
I would say he is our Number 1 at the moment - and as with most Keepers their mistakes are more noticeable and often lead to Goals

However he will continue to improve and will be aiming much higher than the Third tier and I reckon he will get there. Credit for the assist in stopping what looked like a certain goal  before the Anderson block !

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 11, 2018, 08:56:34 am by NickDRFC »
I literally don't get some of our fans and what they see at times. Lawlor is for me easily the best permanent keeper we've had since Sullivan. It isn't even close, he's better than Marosi (and I really do like Marko). He makes errors but he's young and actually pretty inexperienced for a pro keeper yet he has an excellent kick on him, is a superb shot stopper and his distribution is actually very good. Fergie is the first manager we've had that insists on constant short distribution from the keeper so of course it is going to be noticeable when it goes wrong more. Lawlor will be a Championship calibre goalkeeper within a few years and will spend the majority of his career at that level in my view. I just hope it's with us.

Of all his mistakes this season, how many have been because he’s been trying to distribute it short? I like Lawlor, think he has plenty of potnential, but if you think about it he has probably averaged gifting a goal to the opposition every 2/3 games this season - at what point do you draw the line?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 11, 2018, 09:54:19 am by Cantley Rover »
Our recent unbeaten away record is mainly down to him

I know you will disagree but how many goals has he given away at home where we havent won this year?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012