Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:25:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Our “support”.  (Read 6680 times)

aidanstu

• Forum Member
Our “support”.
« on February 11, 2018, 07:21:05 pm by aidanstu »
This isn’t aimed at the majority but as a season ticket holder in the upper centre of the west stand I’m becoming seriously peed off by a few of the supporters around me.

There are two that are particularly bad. The first moans from start to finish regardless of the score or indeed the performance, shouting how often abusive nonsense constantly throughout each game; the second is even more abusive, criticised the new centre backs from minute one and at about 80 minutes shouted he hoped Blair had broken his leg after a tackle on him.

I’ve been gong rovers since 1986 but these two are seriously annoying and rarely make any real sense in any event. I don’t know why people like this bother coming. Anything that can be done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Our “support”.
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2018, 07:23:53 pm by Cantley Rover »
Have you tried saying anything to them?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 11, 2018, 07:44:31 pm by RoversAlias »
Someone behind me yesterday screamed "useless bas**rd!!" with pure vitriol at Anderson after no less than 4 minutes of watching him play. A lot of miserable individuals going to Rovers on a weekly basis.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 11, 2018, 08:08:52 pm by aidanstu »
Have you tried saying anything to them?

Yeah I say something to them at almost every game. A number of other season tickets holders are also annoyed by them and regularly attempt to address it.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 11, 2018, 08:24:00 pm by graingrover »
There is a serious social defeatist attitude amongst certain people in this arena . Are they all out of work .. do they have chronic illnesses . is the world coming to an end !  MISTER ANGRY from Donny what is it that makes you so angry ?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 11, 2018, 08:38:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
There's a bloke in front of me who's forever throwing his arms about and shouting at the players and officials. He's a real mister angry a lot of the time, but I'm sure his intentions are all for the good of the team.

Personally, I think it's good that Darren Ferguson shows a bit of passion from the dugout.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 11, 2018, 08:42:38 pm by Campsall rover »
There is a serious social defeatist attitude amongst certain people in this arena . Are they all out of work .. do they have chronic illnesses . is the world coming to an end !  MISTER ANGRY from Donny what is it that makes you so angry ?
They are sad sad people who must have miserable lives and come to the Moat to take out their frustrations on our team. Supporters they are not. Its pathetic to hear some people.
In our first season at the Moat in 2007 there was one nutter in the East Stand that shouted abuse at Paul Green as soon as he came out of the tunnel. Why do they bother to turn up, beyond me. :crying:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 11, 2018, 08:45:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Because they don't have the balls to shout at their missus!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 11, 2018, 08:46:58 pm by Donnywolf »
Our support is
Our support is
Our support is f*****g s**t

Addicks kept telling us all game long  ... but they are wrong. Most Teams (all Teams) have their fickle fans and we are no different BUT the vast majority are 100 % dyed in the wool Rovers fans .. and you could feel the happiness coming out of the Ground yesterday ... a point we barely deserved felt like a win !

COYR (and ignore the minority if you can)

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 11, 2018, 08:50:10 pm by chrisd_123 »
At what point does the "I pay my money so I can say what I want" defence stop being acceptable?

If we're crap then say it. If a player makes a mistake then, again, say it. But what gets me is one mistake by a player then means they're not good enough for some people forever..

There's a guy near us who berates Marquis all game every game. Same for Mason. As soon as anyone tells him to shut up etc they just get aggressive and use the above argument.

It's just not helpful surely?

Also, I know we pay a lot of money but some people get so angry! I genuinely can't get that angry at a football player that I make it my weekly task to wish the guy out of a job or insult them for 90 minutes.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 11, 2018, 08:51:23 pm by Donnywolf »
They are sad sad people who must have miserable lives and come to the Moat to take out their frustrations on our team. Supporters they are not. Its pathetic to hear some people.
In our first season at the Moat in 2007 there was one nutter in the East Stand that shouted abuse at Paul Green as soon as he came out of the tunnel. Why do they bother to turn up, beyond me. :crying:

NOBODY but NOBODY should aim any abuse at Paul Green - great player for us imo ***

I was laughing at Oldham fans singing "one greedy B*****d" to Richie Wellens at KMS. Sure and as I said at the time which one of them whether they were Teachers Stockbrokers or Pie Makers would turn down double the Pay to move to a new Empolyer ? Probably none and yet they seek to castigate a Pro Footballer doing HIS job with a short career for taking a pay hike

Had to laugh at Saints fans today as well booing their former heroes - get a life !

*** I would never give an ex Player any stick. Their are some I would not applaud or cheer but the vast vast majority I would ! I reserve my bile for Kitsons like Kitson and so called Referees
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:55:22 pm by Donnywolf »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 11, 2018, 09:04:33 pm by RedJ »
At what point does the "I pay my money so I can say what I want" defence stop being acceptable?

If we're crap then say it. If a player makes a mistake then, again, say it. But what gets me is one mistake by a player then means they're not good enough for some people forever..

There's a guy near us who berates Marquis all game every game. Same for Mason. As soon as anyone tells him to shut up etc they just get aggressive and use the above argument.

Also, I know we pay a lot of money but some people get so angry! I genuinely can't get that angry at a football player that I make it my weekly task to wish the guy out of a job or insult them for 90 minutes.

Do you sit in the South Stand by any chance? f**k me there's one bloke in particular that cannot enjoy going Rovers cos he's a f**king miserable Kitson from kick off right until full time and does nothing but hurl abuse at the players, at the fans for singing songs other clubs have done before, anyone who thinks anything other than what he thinks etc...

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 11, 2018, 09:33:53 pm by ravenrover »
There a couple of old timers behind me who are part of the "gerrit forrard" brigade when the ball is being passed about around the back 4. At one there was absolutely nothing on for Boyle to pass "forrard" to but still the call came out. I turned to look at them in disbelief but there was little point in saying anything, it wouldn't have registered with them!

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 11, 2018, 09:50:21 pm by chrisd_123 »

Do you sit in the South Stand by any chance? f**k me there's one bloke in particular that cannot enjoy going Rovers cos he's a f**king miserable Kitson from kick off right until full time and does nothing but hurl abuse at the players, at the fans for singing songs other clubs have done before, anyone who thinks anything other than what he thinks etc...

Sounds like you may sit near us!

There's one guy who goes absolutely ballistic over any decision that goes against us too. Marquis could shank a shot wide for a goal kick and he'll go mental that we've not been given a corner! I get that refs aren't great at this level and we often claim for corners etc that are clearly not ours but he takes it to another level.

I know the football hasn't exactly been enjoyable recently but bloody hell!

What's funny is one guy goes mental and his mate just sits there silent for the entire game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 11, 2018, 10:04:40 pm by drfchound »

NOBODY but NOBODY should aim any abuse at Paul Green - great player for us imo ***

I was laughing at Oldham fans singing "one greedy B*****d" to Richie Wellens at KMS. Sure and as I said at the time which one of them whether they were Teachers Stockbrokers or Pie Makers would turn down double the Pay to move to a new Empolyer ? Probably none and yet they seek to castigate a Pro Footballer doing HIS job with a short career for taking a pay hike

Had to laugh at Saints fans today as well booing their former heroes - get a life !

*** I would never give an ex Player any stick. Their are some I would not applaud or cheer but the vast vast majority I would ! I reserve my bile for Kitsons like Kitson and so called Referees

Wolfie, it was Rovers fans, the Black Bank group in particular, who were singing that song to Wellens on the occasion I remember.

However, I do recall Oldham fans doing the same song at Dean Furman.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 12, 2018, 07:21:01 am by southwestexile »
I think they're scattered all over the ground and away matches too. Is it just that life is grim up north in those dark satanic mills? I reckon they've just got into a rut of behaviour, it's all part of the ritual for them. It always makes me smile when I wonder how many 8/10 matches they produced during their time as pro footballers.

Go watch Man City you t**ts

Belle Vue Boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 12, 2018, 08:43:51 am by Belle Vue Boy »
Me and my son was discussing our support yesterday, hes 16 and goes on his own now for last 2 years and he came back Saturday and said next year im not getting a season ticket , im just gonna start going to every away game there more enjoyable as know one can be bothered to start an atmosphere at home they just slag the team off all game and he sits in the black bank every game

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 12, 2018, 08:55:11 am by andysly »
I’m stuck with Stadler & Waldorf behind me, moaning and grumbling from minute one.
As one extreme 4-1 up against Southend, we should be getting 6 or 7 not pissing about passing it at back. 2-0 up against Northampton or Rochdale - hope we get at least a draw from this. 
I take 9 year old grandson and it’s proper put him off going.
I’ve actually uppped sticks from West stand and took him into South to maintain his interest.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 12, 2018, 09:01:54 am by Bentley Bullet »
Do any of you think any other team's supporters are any different?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 12, 2018, 09:06:57 am by Cantley Rover »
There are some really precious "fans"on here. You pay your money you can moan or applaud. We have moaning fans sat near us but they give us a laugh.
You don't have a God given right to expect everyone to be happy and clap at some of the rubbish we have been served up this session.
If you want to sit in a totally sterile crowd I suggest you get a season ticket at Old Trafford

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 12, 2018, 09:49:21 am by Glyn_Wigley »
There are some really precious "fans"on here. You pay your money you can moan or applaud. We have moaning fans sat near us but they give us a laugh.
You don't have a God given right to expect everyone to be happy and clap at some of the rubbish we have been served up this session.
If you want to sit in a totally sterile crowd I suggest you get a season ticket at Old Trafford

As you don't seem to think that anyone moaning about ridiculous negativity has the same God given right to do so as those they're talking about, perhaps you're being a bit precious yourself?

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 12, 2018, 11:23:24 am by Jimmydee »
I challenged a guy behind me who was very aggressive and angry ‘get it sorted Fergie’ I asked him to calm his language, my grandson and 2 nephews were with me and he told me to piss off and go in the family stand, I asked him why does he bother to come if he doesn’t enjoy it and it raises his blood pressure to near heart attack, he said ‘I have a season ticket so I’m entitled to complain’   
Yes, in the south stand too.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 12, 2018, 11:27:58 am by Bentley Bullet »
I suppose those who pay to see the games will claim to have a God-given right to be positive or negative.

Regarding showing support for the club, they have done just that by paying to attend, and whether they show positivity or negativity, being there and being either is better than not being there and being neither.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 12, 2018, 11:31:55 am by bobjimwilly »
Regarding showing support for the club, they have done just that by paying to attend, and whether they show positivity or negativity, being there and being either is better than not being there and being neither.

Disagree. By just attending you are showing financial support, yes, but shouting insults at players or managers for 90 mins is not showing support.
I honestly don't know what good some people think will come out of shouting "useless bas**rds" etc? Do they think that will inspire players?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 12, 2018, 11:53:00 am by Bentley Bullet »
BJW. First of all I want to state that I do not subscribe to anyone calling a player a useless bas**rd, or similar offensive name calling. Showing disappointment, though is just as much a part of the experience as showing appreciation.

Do you think showing appreciation to a player for missing a sitter or letting a goal in or giving the ball away will inspire him? Personally, I reckon he'd think you were taking the piss. He would then wonder if any sort of applause was genuine, or worthy.

If your theory of inspiring players is to act like that, surely Darren Ferguson is being counter-productive and unprofessional by showing such anger and disgust during matches?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 12, 2018, 12:24:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I challenged a guy behind me who was very aggressive and angry ‘get it sorted Fergie’ I asked him to calm his language, my grandson and 2 nephews were with me and he told me to piss off and go in the family stand, I asked him why does he bother to come if he doesn’t enjoy it and it raises his blood pressure to near heart attack, he said ‘I have a season ticket so I’m entitled to complain’   
Yes, in the south stand too.

You're entitled to complain too, so I suggest that next time he uses foul language in front of the kids you do so to a steward. Hopefully, they'll inform mouth almighty exactly what he's entitled to do, season ticket or no season ticket.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 12, 2018, 12:41:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Agree with BB. I reserve the right to applaud, shout encouragement, jump up and down when we score etc., but also reserve the right to moan and groan when I see fit. Some folk show more extremes than others but that's typical of supporters up and down the country. It's part of our make up. It's in our DNA!!

If you want to police negativity alone, good luck to you!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 12, 2018, 12:45:31 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It would better if we could get a chuffing atmosphere.  It's become a library again which is a real disappointment.  It's a shame those who did a great job working on it sacked it off so quickly.  Hopefully someone else will pick up the mantle.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 12, 2018, 12:47:41 pm by silent majority »
It would better if we could get a chuffing atmosphere.  It's become a library again which is a real disappointment.  It's a shame those who did a great job working on it sacked it off so quickly.  Hopefully someone else will pick up the mantle.

The club have been asking for volunteers to engage with an 'atmosphere' group. It can't do any harm.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 12, 2018, 01:35:06 pm by IDM »
I remember a game at BV in the time before Lewis Guy turned into Greg Luganis - at a time when Guy was a real prospect with frightening pace.

He'd ran his balls off all game, and had just chased a long ball for about 60, 70 yards but didn't quite reach it or win the corner.  Bloke behind me (I'm standing with family, including 2 under 10s) shouts abuse at Guy, can't remember the exact words but "useless" was included.  He'd been doing it all game, where Lewis Guy had been putting a real shift in all game.

I turned around and said something like "give the lad a break", and was promptly told to "f**k off".  Then his mate, clearly pissed proven by his breath, tells me his mate can say what he likes because he's been on the pop side for 50 years.  No matter that this was 30 odd years since I first stood there..

Fair do's, the pissed up lad apologised as we left the ground later, but the other "supporter" said nowt else..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012