Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 09:01:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rubbish  (Read 8062 times)

raggytash

• Forum Member
Rubbish
« on February 12, 2018, 02:24:44 pm by raggytash »
Well guys, it’s my first post in ages and deliberately so... after attending the Bristol rovers, Charlton and Shrewsbury games it’s quite clear we’re very poor.

How does df organise his teams? We are set up wrong in nearly every game, no vision, no pace and definitely no attacking motive.

Secondly, the board!! 3 years into a 5 year plan we’re struggling to stay up, attendances are above the budget, and there plan is clearly dead in the water.

This board clearly stated about the dons and rovers progressing.... rovers are static...no improvement whatsoever, the dons in a lower league than when the plan was out....

If the board arnt upto it, lets try and progress otherwise because it’s boring and it’s there for all to see absolutely no ambition, the performances are shite and boring...

My opinion by the way... no digs or pops!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Rubbish
« Reply #1 on February 12, 2018, 02:31:07 pm by silent majority »
Well its the 2nd year of a 5 year plan. That being said we have had a major hiccup this season with the passing of Dick Watson, that cannot be ignored as he was a passionate and dedicated owner and fan of DRFC. It'll take a while for a major disruption like that to pass and the situation to revert to normal. I think the time for criticising the board isn't right now, and certainly not after they went the extra mile 3 times in recent months.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 12, 2018, 02:31:48 pm by chrisd_123 »
Well guys, it’s my first post in ages and deliberately so... after attending the Bristol rovers, Charlton and Shrewsbury games it’s quite clear we’re very poor.

How does df organise his teams? We are set up wrong in nearly every game, no vision, no pace and definitely no attacking motive.

Secondly, the board!! 3 years into a 5 year plan we’re struggling to stay up, attendances are above the budget, and there plan is clearly dead in the water.

This board clearly stated about the dons and rovers progressing.... rovers are static...no improvement whatsoever, the dons in a lower league than when the plan was out....

If the board arnt upto it, lets try and progress otherwise because it’s boring and it’s there for all to see absolutely no ambition, the performances are shite and boring...

I don't understand where this "Struggling to stay up" is coming from.

I don't agree with it but I do understand the argument about progression but "Struggling to stay up"?. We've never once been in the bottom 4 this season and are 6 points above the drop. I'm not saying this definitely won't change but bloody hell, struggling to stay up is a bit much.

Is this the same board who have just paid a relatively large amount to sign Ben Whiteman and also allowed the extra budget to bring in the defenders we desperately needed? We're never going to have budgets to match Portsmouth etc so I don't get what people are truly expecting?

We haven't been great recently granted but this post is very kneejerk.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 12, 2018, 03:04:28 pm by tommy toes »
It's the 'large amount' to sign the likes of Ben Whiteman that worries me. I'm not sure about Fergie's judgement of players ability or where to play them.
Recent performances have been terrible and we will be in a relegation fight unless things change.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 03:27:38 pm by tommy toes »

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 12, 2018, 03:06:30 pm by Danmckay456 »
Hopefully next season we address the right hand side with a new full back and quick winger a high priority.

A centre back in who can strike a partnership up with another one who we already have , Andrews to fill the left back void to free up tommy Rowe who without doubt can win you games on his own when being given freedom.

We need to break the bank for a striker we just can’t kill teams off and one who will shoot from anywhere

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 12, 2018, 03:14:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
Well its the 2nd year of a 5 year plan. That being said we have had a major hiccup this season with the passing of Dick Watson, that cannot be ignored as he was a passionate and dedicated owner and fan of DRFC. It'll take a while for a major disruption like that to pass and the situation to revert to normal. I think the time for criticising the board isn't right now, and certainly not after they went the extra mile 3 times in recent months.

Agree with this. The Board is providing a more than adequate budget for this league and providing stability and support. It is down to the manager and his players to live up to this standard. At present they are struggling to do so on a consistent basis.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 12, 2018, 03:15:01 pm by raggytash »
I just hope Ferguson ditches the ideology of finding a ‘ golden nugget’ Beestin is nowhere near ready, may is awful, and the kongolo loan is weird at best...

Fair enough let’s get a young, exciting and attacking side, but it’s far from and it’s absolutely shite most of the time tbf, I can see the idea, but it’s not happening at all.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 12, 2018, 03:17:30 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I just hope Ferguson ditches the ideology of finding a ‘ golden nugget’ Beestin is nowhere near ready, may is awful, and the kongolo loan is weird at best...

Fair enough let’s get a young, exciting and attacking side, but it’s far from and it’s absolutely shite most of the time tbf, I can see the idea, but it’s not happening at all.

Bring back Chaplow!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 12, 2018, 03:20:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Its hilarious that we've got 3 years left of this plan and apparently the boards failing. The plan wasn't to get promoted straight away, we build a squad long term, other wise we'll go up and come straight back down. Football has turned so short term.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 12, 2018, 03:45:08 pm by donnievic »

Beestin know where near ready????he has probably been our best player over the last 3 month

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 12, 2018, 04:24:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Beestin know where near ready????he has probably been our best player over the last 3 month

But he's seen three matches so knows it all.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 12, 2018, 04:34:15 pm by steve@dcfd »
It's the 'large amount' to sign the likes of Ben Whiteman that worries me. I'm not sure about Fergie's judgement of players ability or where to play them.
Recent performances have been terrible and we will be in a relegation fight unless things change.

It may be considered a large amount by some yet in the terms of League 1 clubs that want promotion the amount is normal. We may have spend that amount on two or three more players if we want to progress in this league. We may have to increase our spending on the academy if we want to consistently bring players through instead of spending on other players.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 12, 2018, 05:07:13 pm by the vicar »
It was a plan to be established in the championship for both teams not just be there, but I think the Dons will be in the championship after this season weather they stay there is another thing but there we are

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 12, 2018, 05:15:23 pm by bobjimwilly »
Beestin is going to be a great player, and we'll be lucky to keep him in the future I think

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 12, 2018, 05:17:33 pm by dickos1 »

Agree with this. The Board is providing a more than adequate budget for this league and providing stability and support. It is down to the manager and his players to live up to this standard. At present they are struggling to do so on a consistent basis.

I reckon one defeat in 11 is very consistent

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 12, 2018, 05:22:34 pm by Cantley Rover »

I reckon one win in 9 is very consistent too.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 12, 2018, 05:30:29 pm by dickos1 »
Exactly a side drawing 7 of their last 8 games or whatever it is cant be called inconsistent

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 12, 2018, 05:33:57 pm by since-1969 »

If the board arnt upto. it,

Clearly a dig at the board ?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 12, 2018, 05:37:45 pm by the vicar »
People can dig at who they want if that is what they believe.  They are doing ok but they are not as heavenly as some on here think they are but they are doing ok nothing outstanding though

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 12, 2018, 06:23:01 pm by steve@dcfd »
Beestin is going to be a great player, and we'll be lucky to keep him in the future I think

Sorry don’t know as yet how you can believe he is going to be great. As a lot to prove yet he must continue to progress.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 12, 2018, 06:45:41 pm by Chris Black come back »

We have a top 8 budget. We have yet to be in the top 8. Therefore we are

We have a top 8 budget. We have not been in the top 8. We are therefore struggling to live up to this standard.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 12, 2018, 06:59:13 pm by steve@dcfd »
Where as this top 8 budget come from?
Checking the figures of two years ago we had a budget around mid table.
As it improved this time round?
Looking at the budget for league 1 2016/2017 teams that got promoted had over twice the 4m budget we had, in fact Sheff United had a 11m budget.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 12, 2018, 07:45:50 pm by dickos1 »

We have a top 8 budget. We have not been in the top 8. We are therefore struggling to live up to this standard.

Top 8 budget?

Even if we did have this, you think the budget is the only bearing on a league position?
Look at bury, look at Shrewsbury
That tells you everything.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 12, 2018, 08:09:03 pm by POD »
It was a plan to be established in the championship for both teams not just be there, but I think the Dons will be in the championship after this season weather they stay there is another thing but there we are
It would be nice to think that we could be an established Championship team, but realistically a club like Rovers with modest support and little potential beyond that will be a decent League One team at best, with occasional flirtations at the Championship. 
To be an established Championship side, Rovers would need crowds to be at ground capacity every match or alternatively a rich benefactor (like Bournemouth). 
Personally, as long as we are competing and I am being entertained each time I go to the match, I am not really bothered which league we are playing in. 

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 12, 2018, 08:24:55 pm by Chris Black come back »

Top 8 budget?

Even if we did have this, you think the budget is the only bearing on a league position?
Look at bury, look at Shrewsbury
That tells you everything.

If you are of the opinion that the clubs with the largest budgets do not tend to dominate the leagues in which they play, then keep chugging on the bong brother. It is consistently the major determinant of success.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 12, 2018, 08:30:10 pm by dickos1 »
Didn't suggest that did I? Your suggesting it's the only reason teams do well and because we have a top 8 budget then automatically that's where we should be

Which is nonsense

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 12, 2018, 09:08:36 pm by Chris Black come back »
Good luck with your theory that budget has no impact on outcome. There used to be guy outside Arndale with sandwich board supporting theory of Flat Earth. Suspect he has probably passed away but both his sandwich board and standing spot are free, so maybe that could be of help?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 12, 2018, 09:32:06 pm by dickos1 »
You're good at always changing your arguement I'll give you that.
Nowhere did I say it has no impact chap

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 12, 2018, 09:36:53 pm by silent majority »
It would be nice to think that we could be an established Championship team, but realistically a club like Rovers with modest support and little potential beyond that will be a decent League One team at best, with occasional flirtations at the Championship. 
To be an established Championship side, Rovers would need crowds to be at ground capacity every match or alternatively a rich benefactor (like Bournemouth). 
Personally, as long as we are competing and I am being entertained each time I go to the match, I am not really bothered which league we are playing in. 

Not necessarily. The solidarity payments and TV income is disproportionate when you're in the Championship. That goes quite along way to offsetting the lack of income from other sources.

But like you, so long as I have a team to support it doesn't always matter what division we're in, but it's always a better afternoon if the stadium is fullish and the performances are OK.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 12, 2018, 09:48:52 pm by raggytash »
I’m not having a go, I’m saying everything is done on the cheap, we need established quality which isn’t cheap but without a bit of investment we’re going to be watching crap till god knows when.

Why on earth play Rowe at left back is a joke? I think it’s fair to say we’re 4 or 5 good players short.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012