Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 09:52:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Think I’m “time to go”  (Read 11520 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Think I’m “time to go”
« on February 24, 2018, 05:32:24 pm by mushRTID »
Sorry Dickos but that’s just how I’m feeling

How have we lost that?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Think I’m “time to go”
« Reply #1 on February 24, 2018, 05:34:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Why? Played the right way against the in-form team in the league and narrowly lost to a dodgy penalty in the 103rd minute.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 24, 2018, 05:35:47 pm by mushRTID »
Why? Played the right way against the in-form team in the league and narrowly lost to a dodgy penalty in the 103rd minute.

Because they were shocking and we’ve somehow lost. When do we look like learning?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 24, 2018, 05:38:12 pm by Chris Black come back »
In 2018 we have played ten games in League One.

Won one game, drawn six games, lost three games.

Ten games, less than point a game average.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 24, 2018, 05:40:49 pm by bpoolrover »
I thought we played ok today a draw a fair result but that defending by wright was shocking

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 24, 2018, 05:41:14 pm by mushRTID »

I don’t know how anyone who went today can understand how we lost that FROM THAT POSITION.

Literally when the injury board went up they’d not had a shot. What happened?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 24, 2018, 05:43:18 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

And we're 14th, arguably pretty much our level for this season taking all into account.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 24, 2018, 05:43:42 pm by dickos1 »
After a performance like that and how unlucky we were it's absolutely ridiculous to dig out the manager.
But if you've always wanted him out then I suppose it's just another excuse to say it

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 24, 2018, 05:44:08 pm by drfc1951 »
Time to go  online and order my ticket for next week

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 24, 2018, 05:44:30 pm by mushRTID »
After a performance like that and how unlucky we were it's absolutely ridiculous to dig out the manager.
But if you've always wanted him out then I suppose it's just another excuse to say it

Who’s always wanted him out?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 24, 2018, 05:45:26 pm by dickos1 »

You really are daft
So now your meaningless stat doesn't work you have changed it to ten games just so it works.

End of the day we have 42 points from 35 games so it makes a nonsense of your pathetic stat

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 24, 2018, 05:46:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
There is no point having this argument again.

For those that want Ferguson to stay, there is always an explanation for the results - playing teams in form, playing teams out of form but being due a victory, playing teams in top half, playing teams in bottom half - there is always a reason.

For those that want Ferguson to go, you have to realise that there is no way this Board is going to get rid of him this season. He is here to stay come what may until the summer.

It is looking a little dodgy now given our run of form and also now the final relegation spot is, with games in hand being won (which they rarely are), having potential for being on same points as us. I still think though that we will just stay up with just short of 50 points, which is around his recent League One record of around a point a game.

The question is what do we do at end of season?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:48:51 pm by Chris Black come back »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 24, 2018, 05:46:42 pm by dickos1 »

Lots of people who will be on here tonight,

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 24, 2018, 05:47:48 pm by Chris Black come back »

You really are daft
So now your meaningless stat doesn't work you have changed it to ten games just so it works.

End of the day we have 42 points from 35 games so it makes a nonsense of your pathetic stat

Have a cuppa and calm down dear!

These are objective facts. Pour yourself a cup and put on Radio 3. Breathe deeply..

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 24, 2018, 05:47:56 pm by mushRTID »

You’re guessing. I’m the only one who’s said it tonight. And it’s the first time I have.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 24, 2018, 05:48:06 pm by dickos1 »
Before the season started everyone would be delighted with midtable.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 24, 2018, 05:50:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Over Christmas we beat Bristol Rovers, Northampton and Rochdale.
We then drew against Peterborough, Plymouth, Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe. All of whom were either in-form or challenging for promotion/play-offs.
We then lost our last defender against Bristol Rovers and lost.
We then draw against two more decent sides in Charlton and Portsmouth.
The Walsall shambles, which in these games I've mentioned is probably easily our worst performance.
Easily beat Fleetwood.
Narrowly lose to in-form Rotherham in the 103rd minute.

So we're drawing against decent teams, beating the worst teams, had bad luck against Bristol Rovers at home and one terrible result against Walsall and people want him gone. The short termism is hilarious. If we win like 7 out of 10 would people be calling for a knighthood and freedom of the town?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 24, 2018, 05:57:03 pm by RoversAlias »
What a surprise there's another one of these threads. Load of rubbish and I think I'll not bother wasting my time on here tonight.

We worked really hard today, deserved something out of the game but their one-dimensional hoof into the box tactic was always going to pay off eventually. Beat Bury next week and I won't give a shit about this result anymore.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 24, 2018, 06:00:05 pm by dickos1 »

You’re guessing. I’m the only one who’s said it tonight. And it’s the first time I have.

To be honest I didn't look who'd posted it! As it mentioned me I presumed it was one of the usuals!
It's a terrible end to a game and everyone looks for something to blame, but we were so close to one of the best results we've had in a few years

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 24, 2018, 06:01:34 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
What a surprise there's another one of these threads. Load of rubbish and I think I'll not bother wasting my time on here tonight.

We worked really hard today, deserved something out of the game but their one-dimensional hoof into the box tactic was always going to pay off eventually. Beat Bury next week and I won't give a shit about this result anymore.

Good post! :thumbsup:

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 24, 2018, 06:01:56 pm by Dutch Uncle »
It is looking a little dodgy now given our run of form and also now the final relegation spot is, with games in hand being won (which they rarely are), having potential for being on same points as us. I still think though that we will just stay up with just short of 50 points, which is around his recent League One record of around a point a game.

Not actually true.

Theoretically, if they all win their games in hand then Bury are 10 points behind us, MKDons 7, Northampton 4 and Fleetwood 2.

Rochdale could be one point behind but would need to gain 15 points from 5 games to do so.

Wimbledon would be one point behind, and Oldham level

4 of those teams need to catch us.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 24, 2018, 06:04:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
Good stattery as ever Dutch. My point was not quite that sophisticated though - Oldham currently occupy the last relegation spot and win their games in hand (unlikely as I said) then they would be on same current points as us (which is true). We wouldn't of course be in drop zone, which is why I didn't make that point - but rather we are within striking distance of the misfiring and misfortunate currently below us.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 24, 2018, 06:09:51 pm by mushRTID »

Don’t waste your time then. Have you never had doubts?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 24, 2018, 06:12:23 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Over Christmas we beat Bristol Rovers, Northampton and Rochdale.
We then drew against Peterborough, Plymouth, Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe. All of whom were either in-form or challenging for promotion/play-offs.
We then lost our last defender against Bristol Rovers and lost.
We then draw against two more decent sides in Charlton and Portsmouth.
The Walsall shambles, which in these games I've mentioned is probably easily our worst performance.
Easily beat Fleetwood.
Narrowly lose to in-form Rotherham in the 103rd minute.

So we're drawing against decent teams, beating the worst teams, had bad luck against Bristol Rovers at home and one terrible result against Walsall and people want him gone. The short termism is hilarious. If we win like 7 out of 10 would people be calling for a knighthood and freedom of the town?

Going from recent form of beating most of teams below us, drawing against better teams, with the odd defeat here and there.

Bury (H)
Southend (A)
Bradford (H)
Blackburn (H)
Blackpool (A) - Blackpool at Easter again wtf?
Wimbledon (H)
Gillingham (A)
MK Dons (A)
Oxford (H)
Oldham (A)
Wigan (H)

We should manage around 15 points IMO.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 24, 2018, 06:23:30 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Good stattery as ever Dutch. My point was not quite that sophisticated though - Oldham currently occupy the last relegation spot and win their games in hand (unlikely as I said) then they would be on same current points as us (which is true). We wouldn't of course be in drop zone, which is why I didn't make that point - but rather we are within striking distance of the misfiring and misfortunate currently below us.

Fair point CBCB, and I am certainly looking down the table rather than up at the moment.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 24, 2018, 06:29:20 pm by Cantley Rover »
Yet again Dickos you totally miss the point. YES we would probably all accept a position of mid table mediocrity which is probably where we will end up. BUT how can you keep defending our added time capitulation week in week out.
It's not the fact that we lose games it is how we lose them. It really is becoming a standing joke whether we concede a corner or free kick in added time we know what's coming next.
Yes it may have been a poor decision for the penalty but should we have been in a position to give the referee the option of giving that penalty?
Is it a coincidence that we seem to concede a goal when we substitute Coppinger?
It is about game management and it more and more seems to me we have a manager who can't seem to manage those situations.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 24, 2018, 06:30:24 pm by RoversAlias »

Don’t waste your time then. Have you never had doubts?

I won't be doing. After logging off now I'm going to spend my evening away from the internet, away from football and I'll forget all about how I felt when that penalty got awarded.

I've had doubts about Fergie a few times but to come on here after that performance (I'm assuming you were there Mush, if not then this is a different conversation) and the manner of the defeat and say the manager is at fault or needs to be sacked is nonsense to me. He can't legislate for Anderson's injury, nor can he legislate for Marosi being unlucky in not getting to that loose ball first in the box. Or Wright not kicking it into touch as it ran on before that. These things happen in football and with the way Rotherham played, we did very well to keep them at bay for 80 minutes considering our track record with defending set pieces and crosses. Every player put a great shift in today, we deserved at least a point from the game and will hopefully be able to put it behind us next week and get a win that'd take us onto 45 points, almost touching distance to League One safety.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 24, 2018, 06:40:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
Yet again Dickos you totally miss the point. YES we would probably all accept a position of mid table mediocrity which is probably where we will end up. BUT how can you keep defending our added time capitulation week in week out.
It's not the fact that we lose games it is how we lose them. It really is becoming a standing joke whether we concede a corner or free kick in added time we know what's coming next.
Yes it may have been a poor decision for the penalty but should we have been in a position to give the referee the option of giving that penalty?
Is it a coincidence that we seem to concede a goal when we substitute Coppinger?
It is about game management and it more and more seems to me we have a manager who can't seem to manage those situations.

Ferguson in his after match interview had no complaints about the penalty decision.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 24, 2018, 06:43:16 pm by dickos1 »

Week in week out??
Can't discuss something with someone who is just making nonsense up.
we've also scored late goals to get something from games!
Scunny, charlton, Peterborough,

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 24, 2018, 06:43:43 pm by BigH »
No need for any over-reaction after today.

Going into the game I didn't expect anything in terms of a result although I thought that, with the team we had out, we'd at least give them a game. Which we did.

I just feel for the players because for lengthy periods they played well; we just got beasted at the death.

We're a young side but if we can get through this season, stay up and keep the core of the squad together then, with a couple of astute acquisitions, I think we could potentially do well next season.

We need a couple of leaders there's no doubt about that. You can see that's what we're missing.

As for the points we need; two wins, three draws. You'd have to think we can do that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012