Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 08:32:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Think I’m “time to go”  (Read 11534 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Think I’m “time to go”
« Reply #30 on February 24, 2018, 06:48:19 pm by Copps is Magic »
Honestly thought the players played brilliantly up to their first goal. They battled and battled all game.

I think Fergie would get next to no criticism if he showed some ability to address our obvious weaknesses throughout the season (conceding from corners/crosses, conceding late goal, formations that don't work) but he seems to display a dogged tendency not to.

It's seriously zapping my enjoyment out of watching the team. It's just impossible to feel comfortable - like even to have an extended period of just playing well. Surely we should be aiming for that by now?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 24, 2018, 06:52:26 pm by Chris Black come back »
It is like Brexit - I honestly think it best not to mention it as folk are so engrained.

Take the weakness at corners and set-pieces, and the propensity to run out of steam on occasions late in game.

To one side it is a sign of poor management not addressing a repeated weakness displayed by not the odd player, but by the team as a whole - suggesting it is a systemic rather than individual problem.

To the other side, it can be easily dismissed as work in progress or due to player turnover.

Best put this all to bed and revisit at end of season. Until then it is all hot air as folk are so split and also our Board is not going to do anything until May anyhow.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 24, 2018, 06:55:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I’ll put my cards on the table. A win and a draw will keep us up. I think we’ll get 54-55 points but we’ll not need more than 46.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 24, 2018, 07:00:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
That is a bold prediction BST - we shall see. I can see your logic though.

Must admit I add half a pinch of salt ever since you predicted that Theo would be a double figure striker at Championship level (he has scored 0 in 20 League One games this season).

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 24, 2018, 07:05:42 pm by Cantley Rover »
Yet again Dickos you totally miss the point. YES we would probably all accept a position of mid table mediocrity which is probably where we will end up. BUT how can you keep defending our added time capitulation week in week out.
It's not the fact that we lose games it is how we lose them. It really is becoming a standing joke whether we concede a corner or free kick in added time we know what's coming next.
Yes it may have been a poor decision for the penalty but should we have been in a position to give the referee the option of giving that penalty?
Is it a coincidence that we seem to concede a goal when we substitute Coppinger?
It is about game management and it more and more seems to me we have a manager who can't seem to manage those situations.

Week in week out??
Can't discuss something with someone who is just making nonsense up.
we've also scored late goals to get something from games!
Scunny, charlton, Peterborough,

What is nonsense about conceding goals after the 80th minutes against each of the following teams?
Blackburn
Rochdale
Shrewsbury
Walsall
Rotherham (twice)
Oxford
Oldham
Portsmouth
Bristol Rovers

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 24, 2018, 07:06:00 pm by pib »
Losing like that isn’t just “one of those things” unfortunately. It happens to us time and time again.

It’s a tactical problem and a mentality problem. We sat in inviting pressure as the second half wore on, and I could’ve written the script of what was going to happen.

Mentally, we can’t withstand any sort of pressure whatsoever. It’s all good winning games like last week against hopeless sides that don’t show up, but when we are seriously tested we fall to pieces.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 24, 2018, 07:11:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Your memory’s playing tricks on you CBCB. I’d assumed you’d be more on the ball given how obsessive you are on that topic.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 24, 2018, 07:12:19 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That is a bold prediction BST - we shall see. I can see your logic though.

Must admit I add half a pinch of salt ever since you predicted that Theo would be a double figure striker at Championship level (he has scored 0 in 20 League One games this season).

Don't knock BST's predictions, they are very useful for betting purposes and can be very financially rewarding.

Just read his forecasts and back the opposite!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 24, 2018, 07:18:10 pm by dickos1 »
Yet again Dickos you totally miss the point. YES we would probably all accept a position of mid table mediocrity which is probably where we will end up. BUT how can you keep defending our added time capitulation week in week out.
It's not the fact that we lose games it is how we lose them. It really is becoming a standing joke whether we concede a corner or free kick in added time we know what's coming next.
Yes it may have been a poor decision for the penalty but should we have been in a position to give the referee the option of giving that penalty?
Is it a coincidence that we seem to concede a goal when we substitute Coppinger?
It is about game management and it more and more seems to me we have a manager who can't seem to manage those situations.

Week in week out??

What is nonsense about conceding goals after the 80th minutes against each of the following teams?
Blackburn
Rochdale
Shrewsbury
Walsall
Rotherham (twice)
Oxford
Oldham
Portsmouth
Bristol Rovers

sorry I thought you said added time capitulation week in week out!
Oh you did!!

So we've conceded in 10 games after the 80th minute is that really your point.
If so it's a shit one!
Most teams will have conceded after the 80th minute on numerous occasions.
How many have we scored after the 80th minute?

Mark Wills

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 24, 2018, 07:24:23 pm by Mark Wills »
Game management needs to be Bettet cops holds he ball why take him off

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 24, 2018, 07:24:50 pm by graingrover »
If you want to know who the pessimists are take note of the usual glum heads on this thread 

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 24, 2018, 07:27:35 pm by Copps is Magic »
Always good to be upbeat after conceding two later goal to lose the game against your local rivals.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 24, 2018, 07:28:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
We’ve a lot in common BB. I frequently get things about the future wrong. You frequently get things about the present wrong.

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 24, 2018, 07:29:31 pm by BigKeif »
I just feel sick to my stomach after that. A Rotherham fan called Pete called in radio dee dah and summed it up well I thought.

We played well with our tactics but he made a good point that they went gunho to win the game whilst we tried to hold on for deer life towards the end instead of going for the kill when we were 1-0 up.

I’m just disappointed because we bring it on ourselves too often and we don’t learn from mistakes. The lead up to the penalty was just ridiculous, first by wright and then Marosi diving at the players feet when all he had to do was stand tall against him and usher him out.

Like I say, I feel sick to my stomach to lose to them lot like that and it’ll take some getting over.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 24, 2018, 07:33:18 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Did we have the conceding late issue last season? I've forgot.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 24, 2018, 07:35:11 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
It is true that no rovers fan can be confident at 1-0 going into the last 10 min its got to the point where i don't flinch at the equaliser and even accept it as inevitable while just hoping we can keep it at a draw.

And to be honest i don't feel surprised when we end up losing from that position, disappointed but not even slightly surprised. The players must feel the same inevitability which is why it keeps happening.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 24, 2018, 07:40:41 pm by dickos1 »
I'm not arguing cause it has been a problem earlier in the season.
But before today when was the last time it happened?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 24, 2018, 07:40:57 pm by Cantley Rover »

Week in week out??

Blackburn
Rochdale
Shrewsbury
Walsall
Rotherham (twice)
Oxford
Oldham
Portsmouth
Bristol Rovers

sorry I thought you said added time capitulation week in week out!
Oh you did!!

So we've conceded in 10 games after the 80th minute is that really your point.
If so it's a shit one!
Most teams will have conceded after the 80th minute on numerous occasions.
How many have we scored after the 80th minute?

I am sure that if we lost the next 6 games 3-0 with all the goals conceded after 80 minutes you would find some positives in it.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 24, 2018, 07:43:34 pm by Cantley Rover »

Earlier this month against Portsmouth actually.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 24, 2018, 07:44:05 pm by dickos1 »
No, but don't try and make a point and then when you realise it's nonsense change your point in the same arguement.

It's not happened for a long time where we've conceded in the last minute, we've actually been scoring goals in the last minute recently. But Theo's hardly gets mentioned and if it does then it's we were lucky or we got away with it

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 24, 2018, 07:45:10 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Not sure but bet it wasn't that long ago either way its just a Doncaster Rovers trait for me not a manager issue its been like this for ages with donny, apart from the year we went up as champions, even under SOD it was a consistent trait

Be interesting to see if all other clubs fans think the same of their team, i.e. we just remember it better because its our team, or if we genuinely are terrible late on in games... i think its the latter unfortunately

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 24, 2018, 07:45:44 pm by dickos1 »

Give over including added time there were 15 mins to go

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 24, 2018, 07:47:00 pm by dickos1 »
I bet over the season we have scored almost as many goals after the 85th minute as we have conceded.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 24, 2018, 07:47:14 pm by the vicar »
We was by fare the better side most of the game, it was not Ferguson's fault we got 2 terrible injurys now was it if they had stayed on we would of won I'm sure

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 24, 2018, 07:48:18 pm by Cantley Rover »

Give over including added time there were 15 mins to go

I give in you win. You will never see anything wrong so no point discussing anything with you.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 24, 2018, 07:50:21 pm by dickos1 »
I win what?
Showing you that the point you were trying to make was incorrect?

Earlier in the season we struggled with late goals, but since the turn of the year I don't agree we have, it happened today and you seem to have forgotten it hasn't happened for 2 or 3 months

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 24, 2018, 07:54:16 pm by Cantley Rover »
I bet over the season we have scored almost as many goals after the 85th minute as we have conceded.

We have scored 5 and conceded 10 but I'm sure you will find a reason for that in some weird kind of positive way.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 24, 2018, 08:09:21 pm by dickos1 »
Not really no.
But I'm sure since the Oldham game in mid December today was the first time we'd conceded any late goals.
So we had obviously sorted it as we'd conceded 8 or 9 before that!

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 24, 2018, 08:12:57 pm by Cantley Rover »
Not really no.
But I'm sure since the Oldham game in mid December today was the first time we'd conceded any late goals.
So we had obviously sorted it as we'd conceded 8 or 9 before that!

So your not counting the goal Bristol Rovers scored in the 85th minute at the end of January then?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 24, 2018, 08:13:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
Bristol Rovers 85min and Portsmouth 81min.

Balanced against that though were our goals in 90min v Scunthorpe, Peterborough and Charlton.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012