Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 04:10:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trouble after game today  (Read 10454 times)

Mark Wills

• Forum Member
Trouble after game today
« on February 24, 2018, 08:56:07 pm by Mark Wills »
Anyone else get involved in the trouble outside ? Anyone else get spit on ? My elderly dad was punched and I received a headbutt on way back to my car !
To top it off get in car and the arrogant disrespectful twit lee bush bushy was on chatting disrespectful stuff about my town again why do they let this beckham wannabe get away with it ? On to the next game but we need to manage gamed better we could have had 6 points over the 2 games in 90 mins we was winning

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
Re: Trouble after game today
« Reply #1 on February 25, 2018, 08:45:44 am by Albert Trousers »
Plenty of goading from the home lot which can be expected, plenty of bottles launched up from the Donny fans & one lad managed to climb up the stone wall & get face to face with the Rotherham fans to exchange pleasantries before being dragged down by stewards.

Mark Wills

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 25, 2018, 09:11:41 am by Mark Wills »
It’s a lovely stadium but the fans are animals

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 25, 2018, 09:30:09 am by RobTheRover »
Lovely?

The concourses are half the width of the KMS and the bogs were overflowing. The view of the pitch is good due to the steep rake of the stand but the facilities leave plenty to be desired in my view.

The stewards were ok, albeit externally sourced event security and not club staff. Had a nice chat with one of them before the game and he remembered me on the way out.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 25, 2018, 09:30:54 am by turnbull for england »
And I suppose repetitively bellowing paedo for 80 mins doesn't count as goading?

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 25, 2018, 09:32:35 am by turnbull for england »
Lovely?

The concourses are half the width of the KMS and the bogs were overflowing. The view of the pitch is good due to the steep rake of the stand but the facilities leave plenty to be desired in my view.

The stewards were ok, albeit externally sourced event security and not club staff. Had a nice chat with one of them before the game and he remembered me on the way out.

The access routes down seem strange too, didn't seen to flow easily when busy

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 25, 2018, 09:33:24 am by German Rover »
And I suppose repetitively bellowing paedo for 80 mins doesn't count as goading?

Don't forget if you're a dullard this counts as banter.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 25, 2018, 10:02:10 am by since-1969 »
Only if you think that there talking about you !!!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 25, 2018, 10:08:26 am by The Red Baron »
Lovely?

It may be an upgrade on Millmoor but it's not a patch on the Keepmoat.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 25, 2018, 10:16:42 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Their stadium looks good externally but after that, all things considered, the KM is superior for fan comfort and safety.

I just wish we'd do something about our bland external appearance. Not a great advert for a firm of builders who I'm sure trying to make their new build houses as attractive as possible.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 25, 2018, 10:43:49 am by sheffield exile1 »
Plod were particularly thick. Stopped from getting to bus station despite showing them my donny badge on my hoodie (hidden by my big leather). So as I was sent round, called in Effingham for a further pint before my bus to Mexborough, actually had good banter with Millers on said bus!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 25, 2018, 10:55:01 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Only if you think that there talking about you !!!

What about what passes for thought in the minds in those bellowing it?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 25, 2018, 11:07:46 am by colincramb »
Lovely?

It may be an upgrade on Millmoor but it's not a patch on the Keepmoat.

It’s a better stadium

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 25, 2018, 12:07:00 pm by RedJ »
Go on then, how? looks pretty on the outside, otherwise, not really.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 25, 2018, 01:01:50 pm by colincramb »
Better atmosphere, better acoustics, better PA system, more unique design, more natural light. Shall I go on?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 25, 2018, 01:13:31 pm by Donny Exile in York »
For me its not a better stadium. I don't give a damn about a crazy lego style roof. Or stupid looking floodlights. The ground is smaller, the whole complex is nothing like our stadium complex with the second pitch etc. The whole area around the ground is bombsite and slum clearance. The councourses are more akin to a ground like Scarborough or Chesterfield. Give me a bigger more spacious ground anyday than lego style roofs!

And as for a bigger club, don't make me laugh, they are without doubt a smaller club, buoyed by parachute payments from the championship for now... Ok i exaggerate, lets face it we are both two relatively similar sized clubs but we have woke up and smelt the coffee in the past few years and know we are probably where our budget and team are right now, a league one club (and hopefully remain so next season) but for any idiot to go on radio dee dar and declare us not a rival and a smaller club is still living in cloud cuckoo land, and i think if they don't go back up this year, they will start to realise their place.. Stewart's money won't last forever!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 25, 2018, 01:33:32 pm by vaya »
For me its not a better stadium. I don't give a damn about a crazy lego style roof. Or stupid looking floodlights. The ground is smaller, the whole complex is nothing like our stadium complex with the second pitch etc. The whole area around the ground is bombsite and slum clearance. The councourses are more akin to a ground like Scarborough or Chesterfield. Give me a bigger more spacious ground anyday than lego style roofs!

And as for a bigger club, don't make me laugh, they are without doubt a smaller club, buoyed by parachute payments from the championship for now... Ok i exaggerate, lets face it we are both two relatively similar sized clubs but we have woke up and smelt the coffee in the past few years and know we are probably where our budget and team are right now, a league one club (and hopefully remain so next season) but for any idiot to go on radio dee dar and declare us not a rival and a smaller club is still living in cloud cuckoo land, and i think if they don't go back up this year, they will start to realise their place.. Stewart's money won't last forever!

The concourses were abysmal, surpassed only by the toilets. Basic stuff.
Anyone with mobility issues or wanting to get out the stands quickly is going to be in trouble. Big screen looks like it's loading Horace Goes Skiing, and the whole ground looks like they started big at one end and rapidly ran out of interest and materials by the time they got to the other.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 25, 2018, 01:35:57 pm by Filo »

Anyone with mobility issues or wanting to get out the stands quickly is going to be in trouble. Big screen looks like it's loading Horace Goes Skiing, and the whole ground looks like they started big at one end and rapidly ran out of interest and materials by the time they got to the other.

Looks nice from the train window though 😂😂😂😂

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 25, 2018, 02:28:19 pm by RedJ »
Better atmosphere, better acoustics, better PA system, more unique design, more natural light. Shall I go on?

Atmosphere - it was a derby, and their fans were shite for most of it.
Acoustics - maybe, or maybe because there's more fans making more of a racket in a smaller area.
PA system - I'll give you that.
Unique design? hahaha, it looks like they got it out of a Lego set.
Natural light? who gives a shite about that at a football game, really?

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 25, 2018, 07:45:45 pm by johnny rovers »
Anyone else get involved in the trouble outside ? Anyone else get spit on ? My elderly dad was punched and I received a headbutt on way back to my car !
To top it off get in car and the arrogant disrespectful twit lee bush bushy was on chatting disrespectful stuff about my town again why do they let this beckham wannabe get away with it ? On to the next game but we need to manage gamed better we could have had 6 points over the 2 games in 90 mins we was winning

We're either of you wearing colours? I.e scarves of replica shirt

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 25, 2018, 07:57:03 pm by Donnywolf »

Small point to add - no "Game Clock" that I could see. I missed it and did not realise how much I must look at ours especially when we are 1-0 up !

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 25, 2018, 08:07:11 pm by RedJ »

It shouldn't matter in this day and age.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 25, 2018, 09:54:24 pm by drfchound »

Do you know what, I didn’t realise that there were parachute payments from the Championship.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 25, 2018, 09:55:10 pm by RobTheRover »
Small point to add - no "Game Clock" that I could see. I missed it and did not realise how much I must look at ours especially when we are 1-0 up !

It was behind the donny fans and set back mate, so we couldn't see it.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 25, 2018, 11:53:46 pm by Donny Exile in York »

Do you know what, I didn’t realise that there were parachute payments from the Championship.

Think they get some kind of payment given the huge difference between championship and league one salaries. Certainly they will have quite a few big earners on championship style contracts. Am thinking of the season we won league one after been relegated and the quality we had in that side. We must have had a top end budget based on championship style wages, Brown, Cotteril, Spurr, Coppinger, Jones, McCombe, Keegan, Quinn would like Rotherham players now such as Wood, Taylor would have been on a fair budget. Can't see it all been down to Stewart but some kind of link to their Championship salaries. If they don't go up bet there will be some cutting of cloth so to speak at the New York stadium..

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 26, 2018, 12:24:04 am by johnny rovers »

But know one would know who you supported

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 26, 2018, 12:51:15 am by johnny rovers »
Due to the nature of the fixture there were always going to be one or two flash points but on the whole I thought it was extremely well policed. The way they kept fans apart by sending away fans over the first bridge to the station was well thought out.

This makes me think why they don't do that at the keepmoat. They should Hurd away fans around the back of the community pitches instead of the coming together being at the entrance of car park 2

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 26, 2018, 09:44:17 am by The Red Baron »
Due to the nature of the fixture there were always going to be one or two flash points but on the whole I thought it was extremely well policed. The way they kept fans apart by sending away fans over the first bridge to the station was well thought out.

This makes me think why they don't do that at the keepmoat. They should Hurd away fans around the back of the community pitches instead of the coming together being at the entrance of car park 2

It wasn't so clever when you were walking back to the coaches. Rotherham fans above, Rovers below, all having a pop at each other. Would have made more sense to leave the coaches nearer the away exits.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 26, 2018, 09:47:32 am by RedJ »

But know one would know who you supported

Point being? Nobody, NOBODY should be physically assaulted because of the team they support. Maybe in the bad old days it was expected, but we've come a long way since then.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 26, 2018, 09:48:13 am by RedJ »

It wasn't so clever when you were walking back to the coaches. Rotherham fans above, Rovers below, all having a pop at each other. Would have made more sense to leave the coaches nearer the away exits.

Even then, if you're of a certain mindset you've then got the ability to hurl projectiles at the coaches. Madness.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012