Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 06:19:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who's renewing tomorrow.  (Read 13762 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Re: Who's renewing tomorrow.
« Reply #30 on March 20, 2018, 11:56:11 am by Retdon1 »
Just done online
No mention of free gift though .
Have we already gone past the 450 or doesn't it apply to online purchase ?

Just checked an email.

Please note free gifts will be issued on a first come first served basis. As part of the redemption process you will receive a signed letter confirming your prize, which will then be available for redemption from Monday April 16, after the early bird window has closed. Gifts will be allocated to online sales as well as those made in person or over the phone and online applications will be available to be made from 9am on Tuesday morning.

I rang at 9.00 am and was told I wasn’t allowed to choose my free gift and they would be issued randomly to the first 500.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 20, 2018, 11:58:03 am by DonnyOsmond »
I'll have the Xbox One please.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 20, 2018, 12:01:13 pm by deebee »
Well, I went down at 7 am and was first in the queue. Got a VR headset and £20 voucher Brill. Also, I have been charged £234 for my senior ticket instead of £219 so have now got to go back for a refund. Good service though was very quick and got a nice welcome free cup of hot coffee.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 12:03:41 pm by deebee »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 20, 2018, 12:03:22 pm by Filo »
Well I went down at 7 am and was first in the queue. Got served first but did not get X box so all must have gone to online sales before ticket office opened. Bit unfair I think. Also, I have been charged £234 for my senior ticket instead of £219 so have now got to go back for a refund. Good service though was very quick and got a nice welcome free cup of hot coffee.

The gifts are random

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 20, 2018, 12:04:36 pm by deebee »
I know now so edited thanks

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 20, 2018, 12:04:52 pm by DaveDRFC »
Well I went down at 7 am and was first in the queue. Got served first but did not get X box so all must have gone to online sales before ticket office opened. Bit unfair I think. Also, I have been charged £234 for my senior ticket instead of £219 so have now got to go back for a refund. Good service though was very quick and got a nice welcome free cup of hot coffee.

The online sales didn't open until 9am either. I kept checking beforehand but there was no option to renew until 9am on the dot when I did mine.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 20, 2018, 12:06:40 pm by deebee »
Donny Osmond That's what I thought but they must have changed their mind.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 12:08:43 pm by deebee »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 20, 2018, 12:12:38 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Hopefully we get an email later.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 20, 2018, 12:19:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Mrs BFYP went and got mine this morning and I won a VR headset wahoop.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 20, 2018, 12:34:51 pm by deebee »
Don't get too excited it is one you have to put your mobile in to make it work, that's if your mobile has the technology as a lot don't.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 20, 2018, 01:01:49 pm by Jenny »
The queue was very slow moving this morning but fair play to the staff for bringing hot drinks out.

I imagine my baby Charlotte is now one of the youngest (if not youngest) season ticket older at 12 weeks old!

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 20, 2018, 03:14:46 pm by Jimmydee »
I tried to order mine online and it wouldn’t let me input my payment details, so I phoned and after a bit of a wait, I was sorted and still within the 500 at 3pm.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 20, 2018, 04:16:01 pm by RoversAlias »
I got the only 'gift' option I would have found useful, an Amazon voucher, so I'm pretty chuffed. My dad got one of the 160 VR headsets so he's handing that back in and asking them to give it to someone else!

I like the idea of gifts and it's a nice bonus, but the fact they made them all 'random' might lead to a few doing that. I hope all the Xboxes went to kids/relatives of kids who didn't already have one for instance.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 20, 2018, 05:33:08 pm by sheffield exile1 »
I received a "tablet" not an asprin I hasten to add, nice bonus as I have had a ST for years and years and renewing was never in question. Queued for about 1/2 hour at 1pm, no hassle....

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 20, 2018, 05:37:14 pm by roversontheup »
I got a VR headset and don’t even know what one is. So if anyone wants to do a fair swap just let me know.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 20, 2018, 05:42:18 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Would be good if they could put out a tweet saying if online were still getting them if they were in the first 500. People who went in found out there and then what they'd won, hearing nothing makes you wonder if we'll get anything at all.

That sounds a bit spoilt haha.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 20, 2018, 05:54:36 pm by Superspy »
I went this morning and was about 9th or 10th in the queue. It seemed like the pricing issue mentioned earlier was a bit of a bug as the system was originally trying to charge £324 for south stand and they had to discount it manually...they also knocked off the difference from the cock-up of half season ticket prices this year, which I'd totally forgotten about, so that was nice.

A little disappointed that the gifts were essentially a lucky dip after making the effort to go first thing, as the communications made it sound like it was choice, but no dramas, I got a 20 quid amazon voucher and the VR headset, both of which I'll find useful...happy days.

For what it's worth, it seemed that a lot of the delays in the queue this morning were as a result of people not bothering to fill in the application forms, forcing the people serving to have to go through every new question as a result of the "opt in" marketing rule changes. I went with my forms fully filled in and was through pretty quickly in comparison with some others.

Big praise for the club bringing out tea and coffee for the people queuing, that was a nice touch. A good example of a little thought going a long way.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 20, 2018, 05:54:48 pm by silent majority »
The club are expecting a fall off of 10 to 15% in renewals, mainly because of the upsurge of promotion, if we finish the season well, I will be disappointed if this occurs.
   I have not heard of anyone not renewing, and one or two new guys have said they are going to get one next season.
  Let's hope the sales stand up better than the club expect.

Where did you hear this from Selby? It certainly doesn't fit with any of the discussions we have had in Supporter Board meetings.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 20, 2018, 05:55:56 pm by StocktonRover »
Bought mine on-line earlier today. Had the same issue as jimmydee with the payment details but it eventually popped up while I was 6th in the phone queue for the ticket office.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 20, 2018, 05:59:06 pm by Jimmydee »
I bought my season ticket  over the phone, I was told that I am within the 500, how do I get to know what gift I get?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 20, 2018, 09:45:42 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Shaun Lockwood
Hi! Prizes have been allocated to all phone & online sales, so we'll confirm what's been issued shortly, has been a manic day with 500+ sales in total, priority has been trying to get down the queues and answer the phones!!! You'll definitely have a prize allocated though!! 👍

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 21, 2018, 12:13:15 am by Filo »
I got a VR headset and don’t even know what one is. So if anyone wants to do a fair swap just let me know.

I got a Debenhams voucher if you're interested

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 21, 2018, 07:27:54 am by Donnywolf »
I went this morning and was about 9th or 10th in the queue. It seemed like the pricing issue mentioned earlier was a bit of a bug as the system was originally trying to charge £324 for south stand and they had to discount it manually...they also knocked off the difference from the cock-up of half season ticket prices this year, which I'd totally forgotten about, so that was nice.

A little disappointed that the gifts were essentially a lucky dip after making the effort to go first thing, as the communications made it sound like it was choice, but no dramas, I got a 20 quid amazon voucher and the VR headset, both of which I'll find useful...happy days.

For what it's worth, it seemed that a lot of the delays in the queue this morning were as a result of people not bothering to fill in the application forms, forcing the people serving to have to go through every new question as a result of the "opt in" marketing rule changes. I went with my forms fully filled in and was through pretty quickly in comparison with some others.

Big praise for the club bringing out tea and coffee for the people queuing, that was a nice touch. A good example of a little thought going a long way.

There probably was an early pricing issue but that seemed to be gone when I was queuing - which took an hour or so

Was offered and took a Hot drink and told the queue was due to people having to opt in again - but though I had the Form with me I had not filled it in and indeed have not used it for maybe 3 Seasons.

As usual I handed my current book over and was asked - are my details the same "Yes" do you wish to stay opted in for Text Email and Phone etc "Yes". Then I inserted my Credit Card received my Random Gift and Receipt and though I am a "rabbiter by nature" I said thanks very much and left conscious of the fact there were 30 or so behind me. Time at counter 90 seconds to 2 minutes maximum (with no Forms needed)

There is a time to go through your life story and in the queue yesterday was not the time (so I will call back in a day or two lol)

The Gift was a £20 Debenhams Voucher and the whole concept is / was a great idea. Random giving by Phone or in Person was not only a great gesture it was also fair - and being an old fogey my starting price for a whole Season was 284 which reduced to 269 with Alliance Membership - and will further reduce to 249 when (not if) I cash in the Voucher which will get me in at 10.82 a Game and I am delighted at that. That now half the Price of watching The Knights !

So for me (and I have said so on Twitter) I applaud the Club for the initiative itself - and for the free hot drinks drinks which was good customer care - and especially the Staff for dealing as efficiently as possible with the "mob" with good grace and as usual smiling faces  :thumbsup:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 21, 2018, 08:43:35 am by silent majority »
The GDPR is the one to blame.

The general data protection regulation (GDPR) is a new EU law that will come into effect on 25 May 2018 to replace the current Data Protection Act. It's the biggest overhaul of data protection legislation for over 25 years, and will introduce new requirements for how organisations process personal data.

DRFC will be using the renewal of ST's to capture this information again and make sure its accurate, hence the longer time to process applications. If you can make sure the paperwork is complete before handing it over.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 21, 2018, 08:50:19 am by Filo »
The GDPR is the one to blame.

The general data protection regulation (GDPR) is a new EU law that will come into effect on 25 May 2018 to replace the current Data Protection Act. It's the biggest overhaul of data protection legislation for over 25 years, and will introduce new requirements for how organisations process personal data.

DRFC will be using the renewal of ST's to capture this information again and make sure its accurate, hence the longer time to process applications. If you can make sure the paperwork is complete before handing it over.

Thats was the problem yesterday, some folk were getting to the front having not filled their form in before hand, holding the rest of the queue up, they should be sent to the back of the queue if they have n't filled their form in. All it takes from them is a bit of forward thinking

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 21, 2018, 08:58:59 am by deebee »
The random gift idea was probably fair if the words " Gifts will be allocated on a first come first served basis" had not been included in the email. This could have been left off as it would have stopped me going down at 7 am freezing my nuts off for two hours to get an Xbox for my 8-year-old grandson who is now very disappointed. The word RANDOM does not appear in any communication. Also, the glossy brochure says they are VR or virtual reality headsets and they are not, they are mobile virtual reality headsets which are totally different. I know I should be grateful to get a free gift, but the advertising and promotion of these if offered should be accurate, consistent, not confusing and not be able to be misinterpreted. I will be taking this up with the club.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:10:23 am by deebee »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 21, 2018, 09:11:37 am by silent majority »
The random gift idea was probably fair if the words " Gifts will be allocated on a first come first served basis" had not been included in the email. This could have been left off as it would have stopped me going down at 7 am freezing my nuts off for two hours to get an Xbox for my 8-year-old grandson who is now very disappointed. The word RANDOM does not appear in any communication. Also, the glossy brochure says they are VR or virtual reality headsets and they are not, they are mobile virtual reality headsets which are totally different. I know I should be grateful to get a free gift, but the advertising and promotion of these if offered should be accurate, consistent, confusing and not be able to be misinterpreted. I will be taking this up with the club.

But where does it say, anywhere at all, that the (considered) best prizes would be handed out to those first in line?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 21, 2018, 09:32:38 am by Retdon1 »
The random gift idea was probably fair if the words " Gifts will be allocated on a first come first served basis" had not been included in the email. This could have been left off as it would have stopped me going down at 7 am freezing my nuts off for two hours to get an Xbox for my 8-year-old grandson who is now very disappointed. The word RANDOM does not appear in any communication. Also, the glossy brochure says they are VR or virtual reality headsets and they are not, they are mobile virtual reality headsets which are totally different. I know I should be grateful to get a free gift, but the advertising and promotion of these if offered should be accurate, consistent, confusing and not be able to be misinterpreted. I will be taking this up with the club.

But where does it say, anywhere at all, that the (considered) best prizes would be handed out to those first in line?

It said on a post from the official twitter account a few days ago that the gifts would be allocated on a first come first serve basis.

The first 500 fans who purchase their Silver Membership in full will be entitled to claim a free gift, ranging from a virtual reality headset, Now TV smartbox, games console, gift vouchers and leisure passes (offer only applies to 18-21, 22-24, senior and adult ticket Silver Member purchases). Gifts will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:34:45 am by Retdon1 »

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 21, 2018, 10:15:17 am by chrisd_123 »
I renewed online last night and had a message to head down to the ticket office from Thursday to collect my prize.

So I'm guessing anyone else who is eligible from an online sale will need to do the same.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 21, 2018, 10:48:24 am by deebee »
You will only get a letter to say what your prize is as they are not available for collection until 16th April.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012