Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 06:19:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who's renewing tomorrow.  (Read 13760 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Re: Who's renewing tomorrow.
« Reply #60 on March 21, 2018, 10:56:03 am by deebee »
Thanks for sticking up for the fans SM. As usual, you defend the club over the supporters, I have tried to call a truce with you but you continue to pick on me. As explained in my post the 2 communications I have state first come first served. This implies that those who get there first get the pick of the gift they want. If this was not the case then this sentence did not need to be in the article alternatively it should state that gifts will be given out randomly. While we are on about this subject the leaflet says kids bolt on £40 but the renewal form says £50 and on the list of prizes on DROS on the 16th March only add up to 360, not 450. But guess that's my fault too!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 21, 2018, 11:00:45 am by DonnyOsmond »
Have you got a link to that deebee?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 21, 2018, 11:32:39 am by silent majority »
The random gift idea was probably fair if the words " Gifts will be allocated on a first come first served basis" had not been included in the email. This could have been left off as it would have stopped me going down at 7 am freezing my nuts off for two hours to get an Xbox for my 8-year-old grandson who is now very disappointed. The word RANDOM does not appear in any communication. Also, the glossy brochure says they are VR or virtual reality headsets and they are not, they are mobile virtual reality headsets which are totally different. I know I should be grateful to get a free gift, but the advertising and promotion of these if offered should be accurate, consistent, confusing and not be able to be misinterpreted. I will be taking this up with the club.

But where does it say, anywhere at all, that the (considered) best prizes would be handed out to those first in line?

It said on a post from the official twitter account a few days ago that the gifts would be allocated on a first come first serve basis.

The first 500 fans who purchase their Silver Membership in full will be entitled to claim a free gift, ranging from a virtual reality headset, Now TV smartbox, games console, gift vouchers and leisure passes (offer only applies to 18-21, 22-24, senior and adult ticket Silver Member purchases). Gifts will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Yes I get that. But my question is where does it say you will be able to choose which gift you want?

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 21, 2018, 11:33:46 am by deebee »
What link do you want mate?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 21, 2018, 11:45:46 am by Donnywolf »
Maybe they should have phrased it differently but to me it meant there are 500 gifts and the first 500 will get them .... I did not specifically go to get anything but just to hand my money over on day 1 as i have done for a few seasons .now but I did not ever expect to select what i would "get " in any case

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on March 21, 2018, 11:49:11 am by Filo »
Thanks for sticking up for the fans SM. As usual, you defend the club over the supporters, I have tried to call a truce with you but you continue to pick on me. As explained in my post the 2 communications I have state first come first served. This implies that those who get there first get the pick of the gift they want. If this was not the case then this sentence did not need to be in the article alternatively it should state that gifts will be given out randomly. While we are on about this subject the leaflet says kids bolt on £40 but the renewal form says £50 and on the list of prizes on DROS on the 16th March only add up to 360, not 450. But guess that's my fault too!

Theres nothing to stick up for, heres the text from the mail shot about the prizes, the key sentance is in bold, nowhere does it say that the prizes will be awarded in order of value. I know your dissappointed not getting an xbox, but thats the luck of the draw as they say, I'm dissappointed with the Debenhams voucher, I've never ever been in the store, but I was getting a ST anyway so it would have cost me the same later, but without the chance of winning something

Buying early provides even more benefits
The first 450 who pay for their Season Membership in full will receive one of the following amazing prizes:
- Xbox One S with FIFA 18
- mobile Virtual Reality headset
- Now TV smart box
- Amazon gift voucher
- Debenhams gift voucher
- 7” 8gb tablets
- Bluetooth speakers

The first 50 adult and child combined purchases paid in full for Club Doncaster Foundation Family Stand will win:
Child and chaperone combi-annual-pass to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre and SEA LIFE Centre in Manchester
These prizes will be issued on a first come first served basis, so you must buy early to win.
The 2018/19 Silver Memberships will be on sale from Tuesday March 20 with memberships available from £139 (18-21), £199 (22-24), £219 (senior), £299 (adult).

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on March 21, 2018, 11:54:05 am by DonnyOsmond »
Yeah, I've only seen it say there's 450 gifts for the first 450 people to buy a season ticket in full. Nothing about being able to pick or them being dished out in a specific order.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on March 21, 2018, 11:57:27 am by StocktonRover »
So from what I understand, those who bought on-line will be allocated a gift which they can pick up from the ticket office from Thursday.

So for those exiles who only come to Donny on match days will they be notified if they have a gift and what it is?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 21, 2018, 11:59:54 am by The Red Baron »
I sent my form off in the post on Monday and got an email notification yesterday that they had processed my form. Very efficient!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on March 21, 2018, 12:29:55 pm by silent majority »

I stick up for the fans all day and every day, as I have been doing for the last 20 years.

However I'm not going to fight your corner because you want to constantly pick fault and fight the club over what you perceive to be major issues. This club, unlike any other, went out of their way to enhance the early bird scheme with some extra incentive. The club, if they have any sense, will cease to do that in future because its always easier to not do something rather than the other way around.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 21, 2018, 12:30:32 pm by Superspy »

Theres nothing to stick up for, heres the text from the mail shot about the prizes, the key sentance is in bold, nowhere does it say that the prizes will be awarded in order of value. I know your dissappointed not getting an xbox, but thats the luck of the draw as they say, I'm dissappointed with the Debenhams voucher, I've never ever been in the store, but I was getting a ST anyway so it would have cost me the same later, but without the chance of winning something

Buying early provides even more benefits
The first 450 who pay for their Season Membership in full will receive one of the following amazing prizes:
- Xbox One S with FIFA 18
- mobile Virtual Reality headset
- Now TV smart box
- Amazon gift voucher
- Debenhams gift voucher
- 7” 8gb tablets
- Bluetooth speakers

The first 50 adult and child combined purchases paid in full for Club Doncaster Foundation Family Stand will win:
Child and chaperone combi-annual-pass to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre and SEA LIFE Centre in Manchester
These prizes will be issued on a first come first served basis, so you must buy early to win.
The 2018/19 Silver Memberships will be on sale from Tuesday March 20 with memberships available from £139 (18-21), £199 (22-24), £219 (senior), £299 (adult).

Not wanting to pick a side or force an argument, but I think this all just boils down to perception over the language used and "gifts" vs "prizes". It might sound daft to some but every time I've seen a "free gift" offered, I've known exactly what it is, or been given a choice, whereas when I've seen something stated as a "prize" it's been random. This was no different. The first communication I saw was the article on DROS which didn't mention the word "prize" anywhere but it did make several references to a free gift on a first come, first served basis. As such the wording implied (to me, incorrectly) that it would be a choice. Had I seen that mailshot you've posted I would have assumed it would be random allocation because it's a "prize". By the sounds of it deebee, and I expect several others, saw it the same way.

For the record, I have no issue with the club over this, it's one of those things where it comes down to interpretation of words on a page, and in the grand scheme of the world going round makes no difference. I would have renewed anyway, and I'm grateful for having gotten SOMETHING for renewing early. It's a great initiative and one I hope they repeat next year. I'll still be there on day 1.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 21, 2018, 12:33:09 pm by chrisd_123 »
So from what I understand, those who bought on-line will be allocated a gift which they can pick up from the ticket office from Thursday.

So for those exiles who only come to Donny on match days will they be notified if they have a gift and what it is?

I misunderstood the information given (my bad not the club's) and was able to go in today to get my letter.

Anyone who bought online will be able to go in from today for their letter and then collect their prize from the 16th.

If you're an exile, I'm sure you could probably call and get them to let you know what you've won if you give permission for them to open it perhaps?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on March 21, 2018, 12:35:13 pm by Cantley Rover »
A quick question for SM as he appears to be the person in the know.
If I win one of the daily prizes would that mean I am barred from winning any of the others on the following days

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on March 21, 2018, 12:54:47 pm by silent majority »
If I win one of the daily prizes would that mean I am barred from winning any of the others on the following days

So, from now there will be a daily prize draw, so those who have already received one gift are also in the draw for the daily prize too. Is it possible to win two daily prizes? I suppose it is.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 21, 2018, 01:28:16 pm by godlike1 »
The random gift idea was probably fair if the words " Gifts will be allocated on a first come first served basis" had not been included in the email. This could have been left off as it would have stopped me going down at 7 am freezing my nuts off for two hours to get an Xbox for my 8-year-old grandson who is now very disappointed. The word RANDOM does not appear in any communication. Also, the glossy brochure says they are VR or virtual reality headsets and they are not, they are mobile virtual reality headsets which are totally different. I know I should be grateful to get a free gift, but the advertising and promotion of these if offered should be accurate, consistent, confusing and not be able to be misinterpreted. I will be taking this up with the club.

But where does it say, anywhere at all, that the (considered) best prizes would be handed out to those first in line?

It said on a post from the official twitter account a few days ago that the gifts would be allocated on a first come first serve basis.

The first 500 fans who purchase their Silver Membership in full will be entitled to claim a free gift, ranging from a virtual reality headset, Now TV smartbox, games console, gift vouchers and leisure passes (offer only applies to 18-21, 22-24, senior and adult ticket Silver Member purchases). Gifts will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Yes I get that. But my question is where does it say you will be able to choose which gift you want?

In fairness I can see his point a little, whilst there may not be a specifics about choosing which gift you want, there is no clear text about how the gifts will be chosen allowing it to be interpreted in the way that it was. Legally unless there is something in the t's & c's the club could have left themselves open if someone would want to challenge them.

I don't agree with your sentiment that the club should not do this in the future as its easier not to do something along these lines. If they have made any errors they simply need to learn from them and improve for next time.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on March 21, 2018, 01:29:14 pm by Pancho Regan »
Boy oh boy.....you really could understand if the club despair sometimes.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't....!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on March 21, 2018, 02:00:12 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Renewed mine on the phone 10 minutes ago & was told I was in the first 500. I should have asked how many had renewed so far but didn't think until I'd paid & finished the call. Doh!

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on March 21, 2018, 02:05:37 pm by Cantley Rover »

So, from now there will be a daily prize draw, so those who have already received one gift are also in the draw for the daily prize too. Is it possible to win two daily prizes? I suppose it is.

Thank you. I really do hope you are correct as I would be seriously p****d off if I won lunch with the players and then potentially missing out on 2 years free season tickets. Not that I will probably win anything.

Warwickshire Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 21, 2018, 02:08:12 pm by Warwickshire Red »
If you purchase online how do you know if you are one of the first 500.

I purchased and got email confirmation at 12:42 but no mention of winning a prize

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on March 21, 2018, 02:12:12 pm by deebee »
If we are showing quotes here are some others.
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/season-memberships-1819---more-benefits2

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/season-memberships-201819/
Also, the glossy leaflet that came with the renewal form through the post quotes Supporters who renew early will be entitled to claim a free gift.
My point is that the wording is not consistent throughout and has been shown from all the posts above I am not the only one interpreting it a different way.
The word Gift is used many times the word prize is used once. The definition of a prize is something that is won in a competition or attaining an achievement.
Definition of a gift, something that is given without payment.
I was going to renew anyway, in fact, this is my sixty-first consecutive season. If the club stops doing it, it will not make a difference to me, but while they do they need to get it right.
I have contacted the club with my concerns and I await a reply.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 21, 2018, 02:48:27 pm by NickDRFC »
It is a bit vague and ambiguous but I don't think it's deliberately misleading.

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on March 21, 2018, 03:17:04 pm by DannyRovers »
All seems a bit petty to me - lets hope your 'concerns' don't result in them not doing something like this again.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on March 21, 2018, 03:26:12 pm by silent majority »

In fairness I can see his point a little, whilst there may not be a specifics about choosing which gift you want, there is no clear text about how the gifts will be chosen allowing it to be interpreted in the way that it was. Legally unless there is something in the t's & c's the club could have left themselves open if someone would want to challenge them.

I don't agree with your sentiment that the club should not do this in the future as its easier not to do something along these lines. If they have made any errors they simply need to learn from them and improve for next time.

I didn't mean that they shouldn't do it, nor did I advise them to either. But the point remains the same, whilst people like me are in the background and keep pushing the club to do more for the supporters then it doesn't surprise me if they become reluctant to do so if the criticism they receive is out of proportion. Its very difficult in these meetings to keep asking more of the club when they fail to see what good it does.

Having said that first day sales have been terrific and the feedback I've had from the staff has been very positive and upbeat.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on March 21, 2018, 03:46:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Unfortunate use of words in the leaflet. 'Claim' a free gift suggests it's down to me to choose one rather than the club decide what I may or may not have been awarded.

It shouldn't undermine the incentive to purchase in the early bird window however, opportunities missed to proof read before printing.

PS. Don't forget about our Free membership gift pack Inc, Scarf, DNA card and season Wall Chart!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:49:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 21, 2018, 03:56:25 pm by deebee »
DBR glad you see my point. I don't mind the incentive to purchase early and I really do appreciate the clubs efforts, my point is in the wording and inconsistencies. With regards to proofreading that has been a problem for a while now.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on March 21, 2018, 04:03:22 pm by roversontheup »
I got a VR headset and don’t even know what one is. So if anyone wants to do a fair swap just let me know.

I got a Debenhams voucher if you're interested

Hi Filo.Yes I will be happy to swap the
Debenhams voucher for VR headset. Shall I PM you once I have collected them so we can arrange to meet up?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on March 21, 2018, 04:19:01 pm by Not Now Kato »
DBR glad you see my point. I don't mind the incentive to purchase early and I really do appreciate the clubs efforts, my point is in the wording and inconsistencies. With regards to proofreading that has been a problem for a while now.

I think proof reading really is the issue here, as I'm sure that this could have been foreseen and avoided by just taking a little time and care.  A with all correspondence.....

Late yesterday evening I received an email from the club telling me

It has been an amazing first day of sales for the 2018/19 Silver Memberships with over 500 being sold.

further down the same email I'm advised

Don’t worry if you've not purchased yours yet, there is still an opportunity to receive one of the gifts by becoming one of the first 500 fans to pay in full for an 18/19 Season Membership - though the club do expect to pass this figure quickly.

Which begs more than a few questions re proof reading/wording.

For my part, I'm grateful to the club for this promotion, and especially for my £20 Debenhams voucher as that or the £20 Amazon voucher were the only things that I would have benefited from.  I see it as a further reduction in my early bird season ticket price reduction - even if it will be my Wife that spends it!

Now, if only they'd remembered to reduce my subscription due to me being an Alliance Member - then again, I never get any communication regarding the Rovers Alliance, even though they take my subscription regularly!

As usual, it's a roller coaster ride with Rovers.  But it's worth it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 04:21:03 pm by Not Now Kato »

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on March 21, 2018, 04:19:35 pm by Jenny »
I have to admit I did think it would be a case of picking the gift you wanted, which is why I went down and queued instead of buying online. However, I think with online/phone/window sales, a random draw is really the only way that it can be done...

I didn't renew for a prize, so they were just an added bonus, even if there was an initial disappointment that we didn't necessarily get what we wanted.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on March 21, 2018, 04:21:01 pm by Jenny »

I think proof reading really is the issue here, as I'm sure that this could have been foreseen and avoided by just taking a little time and care.  A with all correspondence.....

It has been an amazing first day of sales for the 2018/19 Silver Memberships with over 500 being sold.

Don’t worry if you've not purchased yours yet, there is still an opportunity to receive one of the gifts by becoming one of the first 500 fans to pay in full for an 18/19 Season Membership - though the club do expect to pass this figure quickly.

Which begs more than a few questions re proof reading.

For my part, I'm grateful to the club for this promotion, and especially for my £20 Debenhams voucher as that or the £20 Amazon voucher were the only things that I would have benefited from.  I see it as a further reduction in my early bird season ticket price reduction - even it will be my Wife that spends it!

Now, if only they'd remembered to reduce my subscription due to me being an Alliance Member - then again, I never get any communication regarding the Rovers Alliance, even though they take my subscription regularly!

It is feasible to sell more than 500 and still have gifts available - junior season ticket holders (unless bought with an adults in the family stand) didn't qualify for prizes, and neither did tickets that were bought on the DD scheme.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 21, 2018, 04:23:22 pm by Not Now Kato »

Which begs more than a few questions re proof reading/wording.

For my part, I'm grateful to the club for this promotion, and especially for my £20 Debenhams voucher as that or the £20 Amazon voucher were the only things that I would have benefited from.  I see it as a further reduction in my early bird season ticket price reduction - even if it will be my Wife that spends it!

It is feasible to sell more than 500 and still have gifts available - junior season ticket holders (unless bought with an adults in the family stand) didn't qualify for prizes, and neither did tickets that were bought on the DD scheme.

I agree deebee, but the wording, just like that in the original promotion, is ambiguous - and that's one of the points of proof reading.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012