Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 01:15:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Manager Delay  (Read 24674 times)

karlos

• Forum Member
Re: New Manager Delay
« Reply #90 on June 19, 2018, 08:10:16 am by karlos »
The difference another week could make is whoever is to become the next manager will have targets hopefully this delay in appointing a manager means he could potentially lose that target and this is why speed is the essence.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on June 19, 2018, 08:13:13 am by Glyn_Wigley »
The difference another week could make is whoever is to become the next manager will have targets hopefully this delay in appointing a manager means he could potentially lose that target and this is why speed is the essence.

I'm sure any good manager worth his salt has more than one alternative for every position on his radar. If he hasn't, I don't want him as manager of Rovers.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on June 19, 2018, 08:14:45 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
My firm always do two interviews unless one candidate is so far ahead of the rest of the field.  First interview by two partners and then the second by two others to get fresh eyes on it.  I always assumed it was standard practice when hiring and would have expected Rovers to do that.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on June 19, 2018, 08:16:42 am by Glyn_Wigley »
My firm always do two interviews unless one candidate is so far ahead of the rest of the field.  First interview by two partners and then the second by two others to get fresh eyes on it.  I always assumed it was standard practice when hiring and would have expected Rovers to do that.

Good practice? We don't want any of that at Rovers!!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on June 19, 2018, 08:34:51 am by The Red Baron »
It doesn't often happen in football because club boards know who they want to appoint, approach them, interview and then appoint.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on June 19, 2018, 08:53:49 am by Jonathan »
It doesn't often happen in football because club boards know who they want to appoint, approach them, interview and then appoint.

Exactly. It’s hardly as if we’re carefully assessing two unknown quantities. Their records are public, and there are infinite people that can be contacted throughout the game to verify their credentials behind the scenes. I cannot see what there is to be gained from a second interview in these circumstances, particularly when weighed against the fact that pre season begins before it even takes place.

And just because one party may deliver a slicker interview does not necessarily make them a better candidate to do the job. We’re not appointing a salesman, I hope.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on June 19, 2018, 08:57:52 am by Bentley Bullet »

Exactly. It’s hardly as if we’re carefully assessing two unknown quantities. Their records are public, and there are infinite people that can be contacted throughout the game to verify their credentials behind the scenes. I cannot see what there is to be gained from a second interview in these circumstances, particularly when weighed against the fact that pre season begins before it even takes place.

And just because one party may deliver a slicker interview does not necessarily make them a better candidate to do the job. We’re not appointing a salesman, I hope.

Absolutely.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on June 19, 2018, 08:58:00 am by Boomstick »
Do mourinho, guardiola, konte etc interview?
Highly doubt it, more like a meet and greet.

This is an industry unlike any other, the record from previous clubs it 95% of it.

Quite astonished about this delay, if it's the right man, you know.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on June 19, 2018, 09:03:43 am by johnny rovers »
Frustrating and I'd prefer us to just get on with it. However, if the extra few days means the best qualified manager gets the job, so be it.

It's an important turning point for the club this. Opportunity to appoint a better manager who will take the club forward. Hope we get it right.

Absolutely. Most of you think you know it all but clearly don't. You're just guessing. Stop f*cking whinging and stop arguing about something you have no control over. Enjoy the world Cup. A week will not hurt as long as the board believe they've got the right man.

We were trying to enjoy the World Cup. This all came out during the game last night.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on June 19, 2018, 09:06:28 am by The Red Baron »
Now on the official site. Second interviews Monday. Appointment next week. Let's hope so.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on June 19, 2018, 09:08:18 am by Boomstick »

I'm sure any good manager worth his salt has more than one alternative for every position on his radar. If he hasn't, I don't want him as manager of Rovers.

Aye, they will have 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd choice players.

When there 1st choice is gone, your onto your 2nd and 3rd choice.

There's a reason tgey aren't 1st choice, they aren't as good.
This delay could be quite costly

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on June 19, 2018, 09:11:08 am by RedJ »

This is an industry unlike any other, the record from previous clubs it 95% of it.

I'm not sure you can really compare the best managers in the world with applicants to a midtable League One club...

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on June 19, 2018, 09:18:05 am by Chris Black come back »
The manager is the single most important role in the club. This person you would hope be a long-term appointment. Recruiting such an essential part of the club after reading a CV and a few hours of interview would seem fairly scant scrutiny. Timing is clearly not great but stitch in time saves nine and all that.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on June 19, 2018, 09:22:37 am by Jonathan »
I once went through a four stage process at PwC. Perhaps after the next stage interviews the candidates can progress to taking psychometric tests and delivering a short presentation. We need to be certain, after all.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on June 19, 2018, 09:36:01 am by Boomstick »

I'm not sure you can really compare the best managers in the world with applicants to a midtable League One club...

Of course you can, its relative.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on June 19, 2018, 09:37:30 am by selby »
 Jonathan, That's a good idea, we should have psychometric tests and a presentation to POST ON HERE, now that  would be interesting.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on June 19, 2018, 09:41:23 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I once went through a four stage process at PwC. Perhaps after the next stage interviews the candidates can progress to taking psychometric tests and delivering a short presentation. We need to be certain, after all.

Assessment centre perhaps?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on June 19, 2018, 09:45:02 am by since-1969 »
Perhaps it’s the people carrying out Unversal Credit that’s conducting the interviews, we all know how professional they are !!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on June 19, 2018, 09:47:13 am by DonnyOsmond »
Perhaps it’s the people carrying out Unversal Credit that’s conducting the interviews, we all know how professional they are !!

Can't say I've ever dealt with them.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on June 19, 2018, 09:51:59 am by Filo »

You want to hope you don't, my lad gets messed about by them every week, sending him to pointless courses and presentations that have nothing to do with getting a job, he has to attend these at his own expense, they told him to buy a weekly bus ticket, about £23 I think, thats a big chunk of his UC took attending things that have no relevence to job seeking, all to avoid being sanctioned

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on June 19, 2018, 10:04:54 am by RedJ »

You want to hope you don't, my lad gets messed about by them every week, sending him to pointless courses and presentations that have nothing to do with getting a job, he has to attend these at his own expense, they told him to buy a weekly bus ticket, about £23 I think, thats a big chunk of his UC took attending things that have no relevence to job seeking, all to avoid being sanctioned

Get him to ask if they'll cover the costs. I had to go on a volunteer placement when I was looking for work a few years ago and they put the cost of the travel on top of my JSA as it was then. Not sure what the rules are these days but it's worth asking, worst they can do is say no. But yeah they don't really give a f**k.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on June 19, 2018, 10:10:40 am by Bentley Bullet »
Selecting suitable applicants was a lot easier back in the 70's. If you wanted a secretary and couldn't decide between two short-listed applicants you picked the one with the biggest tits.

I trust Rovers have moved on from that process but failing that I hope one of the remaining candidates isn't Paul Gascoigne.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on June 19, 2018, 10:13:22 am by Filo »

Get him to ask if they'll cover the costs. I had to go on a volunteer placement when I was looking for work a few years ago and they put the cost of the travel on top of my JSA as it was then. Not sure what the rules are these days but it's worth asking, worst they can do is say no. But yeah they don't really give a f**k.

He did ask, they told him to buy a weekly bus ticket, every week, he said he did n't know when they were going to send him on any of these poitless things so could wast his miney on something he didn't need, they are just jumped up power mad jobsworths in the job centre

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on June 19, 2018, 11:14:33 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Why do you think they're replacing JSA with UC? So they have a new set of regulations to tell people 'no' with.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on June 19, 2018, 11:36:55 am by the vicar »
It happened when Dickov was appointed, he and Appleton were invited back.
and look what shit we got then

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on June 19, 2018, 11:39:52 am by the vicar »
I have every confidence in the board. I can't see a problem with delaying the announcement of who our new manager will be. September should be easily long enough for him to assess who the decent players left after all the others have been snapped up whilst he is waiting for his letter of appointment.
the answer is in your statement, when all the dross is left or as you have put it, same thing really
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:29:17 pm by the vicar »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on June 19, 2018, 11:40:12 am by DearneValleyRover »

And as stated before the person responsible for employing him is no longer at the club.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on June 19, 2018, 11:44:59 am by the vicar »
It does not matter what process we had before or who we got in.  WE NEED A MANAGER IN AND GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO BRING IN HIS OWN PLAYERS / CONTACTS BEFORE OTHER PROGRESSIVE CLUBS GET THEM
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:30:15 pm by the vicar »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on June 19, 2018, 11:46:37 am by idler »
Selecting suitable applicants was a lot easier back in the 70's. If you wanted a secretary and couldn't decide between two short-listed applicants you picked the one with the biggest tits.

I trust Rovers have moved on from that process but failing that I hope one of the remaining candidates isn't Paul Gascoigne.
What if a man had the biggest BB?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on June 19, 2018, 11:47:50 am by Cantley Rover »

And as stated before the person responsible for employing him is no longer at the club.

Another opportunity to bash JR  :facepalm:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012