Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 08:05:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McCall  (Read 26831 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: McCall
« Reply #60 on June 25, 2018, 08:11:29 pm by since-1969 »
Will McCall be making signings immediately, or will he want to view the squad in depth first?

He will have assess the players , then reverse the transfer listed players , then ask why have we still have a 37yr old as our Cptn , then put the transfer list back on the list . The then reinstate our 37 yr old Cptn .. Etc etc etc . Don’t expect anything of much from
McCall he’s a yes man . Cheap !!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:17:54 pm by since-1969 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 25, 2018, 08:11:59 pm by Jonathan »
If McCall is unveiled in the coming days I’d be highly delighted with the outcome. Comes across as a decent man with a good track record and well placed to take the club forward from where we are.

If the decision is to appoint Caldwell then I could foresee the announcement being made during the England game.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 25, 2018, 08:19:36 pm by selby »
I hope it is McCall,but will back whoever is given the job.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 25, 2018, 08:21:09 pm by Jonathan »
I hope it is McCall,but will back whoever is given the job.

Agree on that.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 25, 2018, 08:23:35 pm by swintonrover »
Will McCall be making signings immediately, or will he want to view the squad in depth first?

He will have assess the players , then reverse the transfer listed players , then ask why have we still have a 37yr old as our Cptn , then put the transfer list back on the list . The then reinstate our 37 yr old Cptn .. Etc etc etc . Don’t expect anything of much from

Sorry we can't afford Guardiola.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 25, 2018, 08:48:45 pm by Dare to dream! »
McCann will be our new manager, his odds are plumeting

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on June 25, 2018, 08:52:57 pm by since-1969 »

Who ? All we want is someone a we haven’t got clue !!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on June 25, 2018, 08:58:02 pm by RedJ »

Who ? All we want is someone a we haven’t got clue !!

What the actual f**k are you on about?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on June 25, 2018, 09:06:51 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Some of the posts on here are crazy, have people nothing better to do than come on here and lose it over it taking a day or two longer to appoint a manager!

I just hope he gets a chance but fear the same people freaking out about this will be wanting him out come the 1st loss or bad performance citing how he was a cheap option and a yes man (doesn't matter who gets the job that will be the accusation).

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on June 25, 2018, 10:24:37 pm by the vicar »
The first thing i hope he does is try and get Baudry back in

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 25, 2018, 10:54:14 pm by Jonathan »
McCann’s odds are definitely closing in overnight...

Some interesting, if a little worrying, observations in the following link. Certainly some of the comparisons to be drawn with Ferguson’s confusing formations and reliance on a single goal scorer. https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/swanny-on-mccann-sacking-confused-thinking-and-poor-planning-made-a-managerial-change-inevitable-1-8392898

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 26, 2018, 07:24:58 am by Alan Southstand »
It doesn't really matter who is left in the running, it will come down to who wants the least amount of money!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on June 26, 2018, 07:30:52 am by dickos1 »
why will it?
We certainly pay more than Bradford paid McCall.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 26, 2018, 08:02:18 am by Filo »
It doesn't really matter who is left in the running, it will come down to who wants the least amount of money!

Sick of hearing this, can you back that statement up?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 26, 2018, 08:10:44 am by Retdon1 »
I thought the original poster said he was getting appointed yesterday. I love how so many people think there in the know when clearly they know as much as everyone else. Nothing

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on June 26, 2018, 08:18:00 am by DearneValleyRover »
Another dig without any substance

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 26, 2018, 08:27:06 am by Herbert Anchovy »

How do you know that?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on June 26, 2018, 08:27:58 am by The Red Baron »
Surely one question which applicants might be asked is about the type of players they would be looking to bring in? They would want to know that whoever they appoint has realistic transfer targets in mind .

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 26, 2018, 08:55:24 am by Michael Shaw »
The board will decide who gets the job, so whoever fans want is irrelevant. The late appointment of  the new manager will not give him much time to assess the current squad, decide on the right changes and find suitable players from what is left after the best have already been snapped up.

No doubt the fans on here who are in the pockets of the club (maybe even staff themselves) and will never hear a bad word said against the club will say all this is not an issue, but more astute fans will see little positivity from what is going on right now.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on June 26, 2018, 08:59:54 am by idler »
I'm sure that the board would rather pay more and have a manager that they have faith in and can work long term than with than a cheap option that would probably need replacing after eighteen months.
I would rather them take an extra week and get the right man. I'm sure that all applicants will be asking contacts about the players already on our books and also have a list of players that they feel could do a job for them.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on June 26, 2018, 09:06:50 am by Surrey Rover »
I thought the original poster said he was getting appointed yesterday. I love how so many people think there in the know when clearly they know as much as everyone else. Nothing
Don’t be surprised if that was nothing more than a smokescreen in an attempt to lengthen the odds on other candidates.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 26, 2018, 09:09:47 am by Michael Shaw »
There is little doubt that Ferguson had already prepared his plans for who he wanted and didn’t want at the end of April. He is a professional.

Chances are he took that list to the board and had to back down and talk about “more flexible” players. And then he backed down yet again and talked bringing in young, cheap and academy players. The chances of getting into the Championship with players of that calibre is small. So at that point I would resign and say “sod it” if it was me. Any new manager will have a mountain to climb expected to achieve what Ferguson could not.

But obviously everything is just speculation as we have no facts to work on. 

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 26, 2018, 09:12:05 am by vaya »
There is little doubt that Ferguson had already prepared his plans for who he wanted and didn’t want at the end of April. He is a professional.

Chances are he took that list to the board and had to back down and talk about “more flexible” players. And then he backed down yet again and talked bringing in young, cheap and academy players. The chances of getting into the Championship with players of that calibre is small. So at that point I would resign and say “sod it” if it was me. Any new manager will have a mountain to climb expected to achieve what Ferguson could not.

But obviously everything is just speculation as we have no facts to work on. 

With the best will in the world, admitting what you've just typed is a load of old cock doesn't really help your argument.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on June 26, 2018, 09:23:57 am by selby »
  Michael, the trouble with Ferguson is that planning and back up is what he was excellent at.
  Picking players in their best position, playing a formation to suit the players we had, and actually getting the best out of the group of players at his disposal was not his best forte.
  He had run his course, a new manager should be able to benefit from the base of the club he has built, and credit to him,but I will be disappointed if the new manager is not more savvy at game management, and getting more out of the players at his disposal.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 26, 2018, 09:25:31 am by Michael Shaw »
I don't doubt for one second that what I have said is close to the truth and more astute fans who have read every article will know it is true. It is the most logical explanation for Ferguson leaving.
I don't care what anyone thinks if the truth hurts. The same old posters just keep on saying everyone else is wrong. It gets boring. This forum should be open to everyone to have an opinion. Even you have the right to be wrong. At least I try to justify my comments.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on June 26, 2018, 09:29:24 am by DearneValleyRover »
The board will decide who gets the job, so whoever fans want is irrelevant. The late appointment of  the new manager will not give him much time to assess the current squad, decide on the right changes and find suitable players from what is left after the best have already been snapped up.

No doubt the fans on here who are in the pockets of the club (maybe even staff themselves) and will never hear a bad word said against the club will say all this is not an issue, but more astute fans will see little positivity from what is going on right now.

Your assuming that those being interviewed haven’t already assessed the strengths and weaknesses of the current squad and know who they need to progress the club forward and play the style of football that will see that happen. If your being interviewed for a post it’s a good idea to do your homework on the post, being an astute fan I’m surprised you missed that.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on June 26, 2018, 09:32:10 am by DearneValleyRover »
I don't doubt for one second that what I have said is close to the truth and more astute fans who have read every article will know it is true. It is the most logical explanation for Ferguson leaving.
I don't care what anyone thinks if the truth hurts. The same old posters just keep on saying everyone else is wrong. It gets boring. This forum should be open to everyone to have an opinion. Even you have the right to be wrong. At least I try to justify my comments.

Justify with what? You offer opinions without a shred of evidence to back them up yet slate those whose opinions differ for doing the same as you. Your more than welcome to share your opinions but that’s all they are

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on June 26, 2018, 09:32:47 am by Michael Shaw »
Selby, I agree with you. Ferguson had his faults. He put square players in round holes and played complicated formations mixing them up mid-game. Maybe another manager could do better and the timing is unfortunate, and we need the right manager for the job. I don't disagree with any of that.  But I still have a gut feeling that the budget came into it somewhere from all the articles I have read since April.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on June 26, 2018, 09:51:58 am by selby »
   I have no doubt money came into it, and Ferguson was not that good at managing it. We replaced a costly goalkeeper with one already at the club for one thing. he is not the best judge of a player I have seen manage us.
  Everybody points out that the clubs with the biggest budgets went up, not the fact that they were stuck with championship players they could not get rid of. Bury shoved the boat out to compete and got relegated, a much more important point to take notice of.
   If Wigan, Blackburn, and Rotherham had not gone up, this season could have been a watershed moment for them.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on June 26, 2018, 09:54:55 am by steve@dcfd »
  Michael, the trouble with Ferguson is that planning and back up is what he was excellent at.
  Picking players in their best position, playing a formation to suit the players we had, and actually getting the best out of the group of players at his disposal was not his best forte.
  He had run his course, a new manager should be able to benefit from the base of the club he has built, and credit to him,but I will be disappointed if the new manager is not more savvy at game management, and getting more out of the players at his disposal.

Whoever is the manager unless we sign 4/5 quality players we will not achieve the objective set for this season. The squad we have at the moment with no additions has a midfield that is not good enough. The strikeforce needs one quality player out of the 4/5 to improve the first eleven.

But the midfield is now and unless improved our major headache.
Question if you want to play a different style not the diamond where would you play Coppinger. He can in my opinion play only at point of the diamond behind a front two and not a starter in the first team if we get the players we need and we play a different system.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:44:13 am by steve@dcfd »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012