Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:52:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McCall  (Read 26824 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: McCall
« Reply #120 on June 26, 2018, 02:42:18 pm by Dare to dream! »
McCall did want to bring his own backroom staff in. McCall didn’t get the job because he doesn’t fit in the structure of the club, McCann will do as he is told

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on June 26, 2018, 02:44:59 pm by MachoMadness »
Guess we'll find out in 20 minutes.

It's the appointment of a third-tier manager, not the nuclear launch codes. People outside the boardroom will hear about it and will talk. I imagine the marketing team have been aware of the decision for at least a few hours now as they'll be working on press stuff. I'm not saying I believe it but it's not exactly the most unreasonable thing to imagine.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on June 26, 2018, 02:51:52 pm by Pancho Regan »
McCall did want to bring his own backroom staff in. McCall didn’t get the job because he doesn’t fit in the structure of the club, McCann will do as he is told

If my dates are correct, McCann will have been a player at Peterborough at the same time that Gavin Strachan was youth team coach there.
If the board wanted Strachan to stay on, could this have been part of the decision-making?

Damn, I've been determined not to get involved in all this speculation!

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on June 26, 2018, 02:57:11 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Best get prepared for the doom and gloom merchants then. I guarantee that within minutes of the announcement of a new Manager certain individuals on this board will be slating him before the ink is even dry on the contract....

How does the chant go “Rovers till I...get a Manager I don’t like?”

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on June 26, 2018, 02:59:36 pm by godlike1 »
McCann is going to have to do alot of convincing to us fans as it's fair to say that he will be by far the least favoured choice. Someone (Gaz/Silent) needs to feed back to the club at how fans are not happy with the whole process we have been through and apparent outcome. If signings and results don'ts start well including improved end of season finish heads need to roll

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on June 26, 2018, 03:03:41 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
McCann is going to have to do alot of convincing to us fans as it's fair to say that he will be by far the least favoured choice. Someone (Gaz/Silent) needs to feed back to the club at how fans are not happy with the whole process we have been through and apparent outcome. If signings and results don'ts start well including improved end of season finish heads need to roll

Slagging off a Manager before he’s even been appointed? That’s got to be a record even for Rovers fans!

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on June 26, 2018, 03:04:04 pm by StocktonRover »
Godlike,
I would rather wait and see how whoever is appointed fairs, what signings he makes,  how we play and what results we get than feedback speculation to the board.
You’re welcome to your opinion but you don’t speak for all fans with your views.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on June 26, 2018, 03:04:11 pm by dickos1 »
What am I reading?

Gaz you are claiming to have intimate knowledge of a discussion that could only have happened between a handful of people.

Again, where are you getting this from?

Do you think the people involved in the recruitment process don’t talk to anyone at all?

You're dodging the question.

He’s not going to say who’s telling him is he?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on June 26, 2018, 03:06:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So. Hands up. Who had a bet on McCann?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on June 26, 2018, 03:07:52 pm by Copps is Magic »
What am I reading?

Gaz you are claiming to have intimate knowledge of a discussion that could only have happened between a handful of people.

Again, where are you getting this from?

Do you think the people involved in the recruitment process don’t talk to anyone at all?

You're dodging the question.

He’s not going to say who’s telling him is he?

Was the same person who told him McCall 3 o'clock yesterday?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 03:11:36 pm by Copps is Magic »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on June 26, 2018, 03:08:46 pm by pib »
10 past 3 and still nothing. More ITK b*llocks.  ;)

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on June 26, 2018, 03:10:39 pm by Woodhead Passer »
Seems like I was put away when I was told it was McCall. McCann announcement 3pm.

Hahaha or maybe it will be somebody else. Throw enough shit and eventually some will stick.

3 o’clock!

3pm on which day?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on June 26, 2018, 03:11:07 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Who’s getting it tomorrow Gaz?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on June 26, 2018, 03:12:35 pm by dickos1 »
Why do people get so angry that people get told stuff

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on June 26, 2018, 03:12:43 pm by Copps is Magic »
Alex Ferguson Senior announced tomorrow at 3'oclock.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on June 26, 2018, 03:13:03 pm by Retdon1 »
Gaz, I think you need to change your sources. You have a success rate of 0% so far.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on June 26, 2018, 03:15:01 pm by MachoMadness »
Given the occasionally baffling nature of our media team, maybe he meant 3am?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on June 26, 2018, 03:16:15 pm by Copps is Magic »
Given the occasionally baffling nature of our media team, maybe he meant 3am?

Yeah. With typos. Like the name of the manager. We need to be careful some of these names are very close!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on June 26, 2018, 03:17:45 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Why do people get so angry that people get told stuff

Not bothered if people get told things but if they are going to put it into the public domain then they should be willing to say how they have the information. If they don't want to get their source in trouble then its best not to spout off in public?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on June 26, 2018, 03:29:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
You can’t have it both ways - you’re happy enough for the Board to say nowt about owt, so you can’t go demanding info from anyone if they choose to keep stum.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on June 26, 2018, 03:31:55 pm by wing commander »
No announcement today according to Liam Holden....

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on June 26, 2018, 03:32:05 pm by RoversAlias »
Best get prepared for the doom and gloom merchants then. I guarantee that within minutes of the announcement of a new Manager certain individuals on this board will be slating him before the ink is even dry on the contract....

How does the chant go “Rovers till I...get a Manager I don’t like?”

It's already started, nevermind being prepared. People like Godlike calling him "by far the least favoured candidate" when that isn't even close to being true. Caldwell got a very bad reaction, JFH not much better.

Our fans, some of them anyway, will find a reason to moan about everything until the day they die. It's already started on Twitter and to a lesser extent on here.

I prefer to say "give him a chance", if it even is to be McCann. From what I've seen about him so far he seems a good bloke who works hard, which is the least you can ask. He is young so he can learn from past mistakes, he should get more leeway for getting things wrong than someone like Ferguson who in some cases has made the same mistakes out of stubbornness for a decade or more in management.

Ultimately some fans just aren't ever satisfied, and would rather bicker with fans who don't share their negative outlook instead of getting behind the manager, club and players. We're Doncaster Rovers, a pretty much average League One club. All we can do is try our best with the means we have to succeed and if we do, that's great. If not, at least we know we're doing our best.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on June 26, 2018, 03:34:05 pm by mushRTID »
No announcement expected from Rovers today but it is fair to say they are closing in #drfc

From Liam Hoden

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on June 26, 2018, 03:34:29 pm by dickos1 »
Why should they have to say where they got the info from? If Gaz knows someone who is giving him info from inside and he then has decency to share it on here why should he have to say where he got it from?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on June 26, 2018, 03:36:42 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Doesn't really work that analogy though

The board will tell us when a manager is appointed and we'll know its true. Reading it on a forum from a source that has already changed their minds multiple times makes it reasonable for people to want to know how they can trust the information.

I'm not demanding anything either just saying it'd add a lot of credibility to any information provided if it came with some backup.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on June 26, 2018, 03:37:31 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I think if I were Gaz I’d be taking what I’m being fed with a pinch of salt given the last 2 days

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on June 26, 2018, 03:41:09 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Why should they have to say where they got the info from? If Gaz knows someone who is giving him info from inside and he then has decency to share it on here why should he have to say where he got it from?

Never said he should you were asking why people were angry that other people get told things. I'm saying it might be because they don't know if they can trust it so its still speculation until its confirmed.

I'm not angry about it before you try to speak for me i'm just making a point that backup to a source would make it more credible. Do you disagree with that?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on June 26, 2018, 03:41:17 pm by dickos1 »
That’s fine though, people can just decide for themselves whether they believe Gaz Or not just don’t know why everyone gets so angry.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on June 26, 2018, 03:41:32 pm by Copps is Magic »

When the reliability of the information has been drawn into question its normal to scrutinise the source.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on June 26, 2018, 03:41:37 pm by MachoMadness »
The Chinese Democracy of managerial announcements.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012