Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:47:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McCall  (Read 26822 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: McCall
« Reply #150 on June 26, 2018, 03:41:41 pm by RoversAlias »
Why should they have to say where they got the info from? If Gaz knows someone who is giving him info from inside and he then has decency to share it on here why should he have to say where he got it from?

It's alright posting if you're sure the info is correct. So far Gaz's claims both yesterday and today have proven unsubstantiated. I agree with Sedwards that if you're willing to put the info out to the public then you should be willing to give some indication at least of how you came across that info. Otherwise, not wanting to reveal sources, I wouldn't say anything at all. Coming out with so-called 'In The Know' bits of news just smacks of wanting to show off, especially if that info then doesn't even end up being true. I could easily start threads on here claiming certain things are or aren't going to happen based on nothing at all, but I can then say "I don't want to reveal my sources" and sections of the fanbase will take my lies to be true.

All it does is cause more speculation and more bickering between the fans, ultimately. So I'd rather just not see it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on June 26, 2018, 03:42:35 pm by MachoMadness »
Gary McAllister to be announced tomorrow at 3:37pm.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on June 26, 2018, 03:42:50 pm by pib »
People like to think (and show off) that they’ve got supposedly inside information.

They have to accept that they’ll have egg on their face if it proves to be nonsense though. Twice.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on June 26, 2018, 03:43:07 pm by Copps is Magic »
That’s fine though, people can just decide for themselves whether they believe Gaz Or not just don’t know why everyone gets so angry.

What do you mean decide for themselves? The passing of time has shown it be wrong.

Who's angry? I find it commical.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on June 26, 2018, 03:44:15 pm by dickos1 »
Why should they have to say where they got the info from? If Gaz knows someone who is giving him info from inside and he then has decency to share it on here why should he have to say where he got it from?

Never said he should you were asking why people were angry that other people get told things. I'm saying it might be because they don't know if they can trust it so its still speculation until its confirmed.

I'm not angry about it before you try to speak for me i'm just making a point that backup to a source would make it more credible. Do you disagree with that?

You said he should be willing to say who is source is and if not then they shouldn’t spout stuff off.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on June 26, 2018, 03:44:55 pm by GazLaz »
Ultimately what’s it matter if I’m telling the truth or not? I’m irrelevant.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on June 26, 2018, 03:51:45 pm by dickos1 »

It's alright posting if you're sure the info is correct. So far Gaz's claims both yesterday and today have proven unsubstantiated. I agree with Sedwards that if you're willing to put the info out to the public then you should be willing to give some indication at least of how you came across that info. Otherwise, not wanting to reveal sources, I wouldn't say anything at all. Coming out with so-called 'In The Know' bits of news just smacks of wanting to show off, especially if that info then doesn't even end up being true. I could easily start threads on here claiming certain things are or aren't going to happen based on nothing at all, but I can then say "I don't want to reveal my sources" and sections of the fanbase will take my lies to be true.

All it does is cause more speculation and more bickering between the fans, ultimately. So I'd rather just not see it.

Well that again would come down to whether you believe Gaz has a source or not. If you think he’s just making stuff up or not.
If you’ve been told something from inside the club and you want to share it on here I don’t see that as trying to show off at all

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on June 26, 2018, 03:53:45 pm by selby »
  It's like getting up christmas morning expecting a train set,and they have cancelled christmas.
  Gaz it looks like you got the time wrong, are you going for a double, if it's not McGann you had best keep your head low for a while, you will have a reputation to rebuild.
  I am not that bothered who gets the job really, Liverpool must have been underwhelmed when Shankly went from Huddersfield, and Derby fans with Clough from Hartlepool.
  It's the job they do here that counts, not what they have done at other clubs in the past, thats history, not the future.
  Gaz I am sure you were posting for  the right reasons, keep posting, that's what the forums for, and got us all interested, you have been right more than wrong in the past mate.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on June 26, 2018, 03:55:15 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Do you think it betrays the trust of the source who may lose their job by speaking about ongoing negotiations?

In this case the source appears to have betrayed Gaz's trust by been wrong twice.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on June 26, 2018, 04:01:10 pm by GazLaz »
  It's like getting up christmas morning expecting a train set,and they have cancelled christmas.
  Gaz it looks like you got the time wrong, are you going for a double, if it's not McGann you had best keep your head low for a while, you will have a reputation to rebuild.
  I am not that bothered who gets the job really, Liverpool must have been underwhelmed when Shankly went from Huddersfield, and Derby fans with Clough from Hartlepool.
  It's the job they do here that counts, not what they have done at other clubs in the past, thats history, not the future.
  Gaz I am sure you were posting for  the right reasons, keep posting, that's what the forums for, and got us all interested, you have been right more than wrong in the past mate.

Things change in situations like this, that’s all. As of Sunday both parties were sure it would end up one way and things were going to be agreed, when it came to putting pen to paper it didn’t happen. Simple as that.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on June 26, 2018, 04:02:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Shankly and Clough got those jobs through success on the pitch, let's hope the Rovers successful appointment is for the same reason.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on June 26, 2018, 04:08:42 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Things change in situations like this, that’s all. As of Sunday both parties were sure it would end up one way and things were going to be agreed, when it came to putting pen to paper it didn’t happen. Simple as that.

Strange given that the 3 in for the job weren’t interviewed until yesterday

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on June 26, 2018, 04:13:10 pm by the vicar »
Do you think it betrays the trust of the source who may lose their job by speaking about ongoing negotiations?

In this case the source appears to have betrayed Gaz's trust by been wrong twice.
they can only sack someone if they know who it is, they are not going to come out and say I HAVE TOLD SOMEONE  now are they

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on June 26, 2018, 04:24:44 pm by MachoMadness »
I think what is more likely is that Gaz's source is a bit of a duffer, or is 3rd-hand info who's been fed wrong info by someone at the club, either deliberately for whatever reason, or more likely for a laugh.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on June 26, 2018, 04:42:33 pm by RedJ »

So why come out and say it then?

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on June 26, 2018, 04:44:09 pm by podrover73 »
Gaz is bullshit Bob and I claim my £5

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on June 26, 2018, 05:14:58 pm by dickos1 »

They’d already been interviewed, this was the 2nd round. If youve ever interviewed anyone you’ll know that you have a fair idea before the 2nd interview.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on June 26, 2018, 05:17:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Gaz

Is this you?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=28YEH--rX3c

EDIT: No. Course not. That’s me in the Off Topic pages.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on June 26, 2018, 05:17:32 pm by GazLaz »

So why come out and say it then?

I’m only passing on what I’ve been told. Like when I said Fergie had the job last time we went through this days before he was announced. I’m sure there is an option on here to mute posters if you want to. You are only one click away from radio silence if you want it.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on June 26, 2018, 05:18:29 pm by GazLaz »

Gaz

Is this you?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=28YEH--rX3c

EDIT: No. Course not. That’s me in the Off Topic pages.

Hahaha

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on June 26, 2018, 05:25:22 pm by RoversAlias »
Free Press has put out an article now saying the club are in discussions with their preferred choice and an announcement should either be tomorrow afternoon or on Thursday.

Caldwell was the third man, not McCann. He and McCall were two brought back for a second interview as was rumoured, and Caldwell had his first (and presumably only) interview yesterday having been out of the country last week.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on June 26, 2018, 05:26:48 pm by DearneValleyRover »

They’d already been interviewed, this was the 2nd round. If youve ever interviewed anyone you’ll know that you have a fair idea before the 2nd interview.

Sorry but how could you if the second interview has been arranged for a new candidate? I f anything you would be thinking your chances would be less likely

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on June 26, 2018, 05:48:53 pm by coventryrover »
Blimey...

I cannot believe the blood letting, over worrying, instant gratification of people.

Chill out.  You cannot affect the decision.  It will come in time.
There will still be 11 people kicking a bag of wind around come August.   Who cares whether its in the prem or the non leagues....as long as its Donny Rovers

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on June 26, 2018, 06:03:20 pm by the vicar »
Blimey...

I cannot believe the blood letting, over worrying, instant gratification of people.

There will still be 11 people kicking a bag of wind around come August.   Who cares whether its in the prem or the non leagues....as long as its Donny Rovers
or do you mean 11 bags of wind kicking a ball around

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on June 26, 2018, 06:13:32 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Blimey...

Stop being sensible. It’s unbecoming of a Rovers fan.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on June 26, 2018, 06:16:08 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Blimey...

or do you mean 11 bags of wind kicking a ball around

Plenty of that on here for them to have a kick about with vicar

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on June 26, 2018, 06:24:14 pm by Bezza »
keep your chin up Gaz, better luck next time.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on June 26, 2018, 06:25:09 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Gaz to announce more b*llocks at 7pm

tonybuk86

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on June 26, 2018, 07:02:31 pm by tonybuk86 »
Sean O'driscoll to be announced as manager tomorrow at 4pm.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on June 26, 2018, 07:09:56 pm by mushRTID »
Been here before with Gaz, pretty sure he started a thread along the lines of “its not Dickov”....who was then appointed shortly after.

Don’t take it so serious, someone might be having him on!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012