Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 08:23:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Good luck Grant McCann  (Read 13443 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Good luck Grant McCann
« Reply #60 on June 27, 2018, 08:21:00 am by since-1969 »
‘ Get it Right’? Or get the sack . I vote sack him now save the points before another season goes south!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 27, 2018, 08:28:37 am by Herbert Anchovy »
‘ Get it Right’? Or get the sack . I vote sack him now save the points before another season goes south!!

Ha Ha!!! Now I know you’re just on a wind up!! Very good!!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 27, 2018, 08:58:12 am by Alan Southstand »
Fatty Evans didn't 'become available', he was in a job at Mansfield that he resigned from! Probably due to the fact that he was 'spoken to' beforehand (allegedly).

He is big mates with someone very high up at Peterborough.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 27, 2018, 09:03:17 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Fatty Evans didn't 'become available', he was in a job at Mansfield that he resigned from! Probably due to the fact that he was 'spoken to' beforehand (allegedly).

Exactly maybe the decision to get rid of McCann wasn't a 100% footballing one and not winning is 6 games was just a convenient excuse...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on June 27, 2018, 09:04:55 am by The Red Baron »

That's what I was alluding to. I think he could also see that Mansfield were going nowhere.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 27, 2018, 09:29:34 am by Boomstick »
Dickov left Oldham 1 point above the relegation zone, with a 30% win ratio, and scores of Oldham fans telling us it was a shit appointment.

McCann left Peterborough 10th, 6 points off the playoffs with two in hand, a 40% win ratio and generally good comments from the Peterborough fans.

It seems two completely different situations.
He was sacked after 7 looses on the bounce and having thrown away a promotion chance .

He was sacked the day after a 1-1 draw with Wimbledon, so it must have been a very strange defeat.

Any manager with a 40% win ratio that's classed as a failure is also laughable.
It's not laughable, it depends on his target. If he was tasked at reaching the play offs, he failed.
That is with a presumably bigger budget too.
The only thing laughable, would be the decision to appoint him over Grayson, mcall or hopkin

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on June 27, 2018, 09:30:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Dickov left Oldham 1 point above the relegation zone, with a 30% win ratio, and scores of Oldham fans telling us it was a shit appointment.

McCann left Peterborough 10th, 6 points off the playoffs with two in hand, a 40% win ratio and generally good comments from the Peterborough fans.

He was sacked after 7 looses on the bounce.

Wrong. If you’re going to have such strong views, you really ought to have your facts right to back them up.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on June 27, 2018, 09:43:21 am by the vicar »
If it is McCann or who ever, we need to give him a chance good or bad.  I still think they have sold them selves short with the cheapest option but he is here now so get behind him as long as he is with us.  It wont do any good going on about it so lets get on with it and that is not coming from a club wet arse

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 27, 2018, 10:17:36 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Wrong. If you’re going to have such strong views, you really ought to have your facts right to back them up.

Oh I don't know, watching him make a pillock of himself time after time is quite entertaining! :silly:

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on June 27, 2018, 10:20:24 am by bpoolrover »
Will back whoever the manager is but am bit disappointed

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on June 27, 2018, 10:27:11 am by Bentley Bullet »
Whoever the board select as new manager I'll give him my full support, even if he isn't my first choice. I trust that the board will too, especially as he is definitely their first choice.

If results are disappointing I hope they will accept some of the blame, and either admit they have made a wrong decision in their choice of appointment or alternatively concede the budget isn't big enough. Either way, they need to accept some responsibility in their decision making. Failure will mean they should question the only thing that hasn't changed at the club, their policy of the way they are running it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 27, 2018, 10:31:44 am by RedJ »

We're not reyt good at that on here.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on June 27, 2018, 10:50:52 am by the vicar »
Whoever the board select as new manager I'll give him my full support, even if he isn't my first choice. I trust that the board will too, especially as he is definitely their first choice.

If results are disappointing I hope they will accept some of the blame, and either admit they have made a wrong decision in their choice of appointment or alternatively concede the budget isn't big enough. Either way, they need to accept some responsibility in their decision making. Failure will mean they should question the only thing that hasn't changed at the club, their policy of the way they are running it.
the club accept they are wrong or any club for that matter,now that will never do

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 27, 2018, 10:53:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »

We're not reyt good at that on here.

This is my take.

https://goo.gl/images/g9aGfq

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 27, 2018, 11:12:04 am by RedJ »

the club accept they are wrong or any club for that matter,now that will never do

That's just it though. Our club makes f**k ups just the same as any other club, but people seem to think there's a massive Terry Bramall-led conspiracy to run the club into the ground.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on June 27, 2018, 11:20:41 am by since-1969 »
Brittish spy’s were considered to the best and tea ladies and cleaners not for behind when it comes to finding out secrets ...but let’s face it our Brexit munching populous are just not up to the task of finding who our next manager is , what is this country turning into !

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 27, 2018, 11:25:15 am by the vicar »

That's just it though. Our club makes f**k ups just the same as any other club, but people seem to think there's a massive Terry Bramall-led conspiracy to run the club into the ground.
i did not say that,that is your words

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on June 27, 2018, 11:30:48 am by Bentley Bullet »
I don't think any sensible fan suggests the board are intentionally running the club down, but some of them question their strategy of building it up.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on June 27, 2018, 11:40:51 am by Rovers Return »
Down to two candidates:

Candidate No 1 (Fans Choice)

Turns up in flip flops, a rubber ring and cut down jeans. Says, Doncaster who? Do you still play at Belle Vue? How is Alick Jeffery these days I think he'll make a great centre back? Do you know who I am? I'm billy big bollacks!

or

Candidate No 2 ( Some Fans Cryptonite, apparently)

Turns up looking like he wants the job and well presented. Has studied the club and done his homework and knows what is expected of him. Got to know each player including a dossier on each one. Even studied the ClubDoncaster concept.

OK  now it's your turn to appoint. Which one do you appoint?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:45:44 am by Rovers Return »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 27, 2018, 11:44:53 am by GazLaz »
Down to two candidates:

Turns up in flip flops, a rubber ring and cut down jeans. Says, Doncaster who? Do you still play at Belle Vue? How is Alick Jeffery these days I think he'll make a great centre back? Do you know who I am? I'm billy big bollacks!

or

Candidate No 2 ( Some Fans Cryptonite)

Turns up looking like he wants the job and well presented. Has studied the club and done his homework and knows what is expected of him. Got to know each player including a dossier on each one. Even studied the ClubDoncaster concept.

The ones that try the hardes are usually the ones that have to because they have less ability and are a bit desperate.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on June 27, 2018, 11:47:02 am by Rovers Return »
Down to two candidates:

or

The ones that try the hardes are usually the ones that have to because they have less ability and are a bit desperate.

The ones that try hardest in life are generally the more successful.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on June 27, 2018, 11:47:32 am by Bentley Bullet »
I wouldn't have given candidate number one a second interview.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 27, 2018, 11:52:07 am by DonnyOsmond »
Down to two candidates:

or

Crap.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on June 27, 2018, 11:55:38 am by GazLaz »
Down to two candidates:

or

Crap.

At the end of the day it boils down to who you think is likely to get the best results with the team. It’s easy to talk a good game in an interview, in football management it’s much harder to put it in to practice.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on June 27, 2018, 11:59:41 am by Filo »
Down to two candidates:

or

Crap.

At the end of the day it boils down to who you think is likely to get the best results with the team. It’s easy to talk a good game in an interview, in football management it’s much harder to put it in to practice.

I think that can be said of any job

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on June 27, 2018, 12:03:55 pm by RoversAlias »

You must either be a wind-up merchant or someone seriously lacking perspective and knowledge of the sport I assume you've been following for many decades considering your username.

Give him a chance for crying out loud. Give the club a chance and have faith in them to make the right decision. They have done a great deal of diligence and put a lot of thought into who to appoint as our new manager. Ferguson left them in the lurch at the start of the month and they have had to forge a new path for Rovers when they were probably all set to go on their summer holidays instead with a plan in place, since torn up by Ferguson's resignation.

It's not as easy as going "he's a good manager let's hire him".

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on June 27, 2018, 12:07:11 pm by GazLaz »
Down to two candidates:

or

Crap.

I think that can be said of any job

It can, but football is quite a unique industry. Take for example if Warnock came in for an interview being typical Neil Warnock, brash, loud, old school. Would that put you off if someone with an inferior CV came in with a beautifully put together presentation telling you everything you wanted to hear? 

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on June 27, 2018, 12:13:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Of course, it depends on who you think will get the best results. Usually, a CV of past glories helps in that decision.

Sometimes though, past glories might be an expensive option if there are different conditions to the new appointment. For instance, a top class chef might not be any better than a novice one if they only had 5 loaves and 2 fishes on the table.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on June 27, 2018, 12:16:18 pm by idler »
I wouldn't have given candidate number one a second interview.

What if he had the biggest breasts though BB?
In one of your earlier posts that was the old criteria for secretaries.😉

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on June 27, 2018, 12:25:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That doesn't apply to blokes though, Idler. If man boobs turned me on I'd spend more time looking in the mirror at my own. If I was interviewing women though I'd still have the size of their knockers as my tie-breaker. Obviously, discretion would be essential, I wouldn't want staff thinking I was sexist.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012