Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 02:37:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Touring Caravan  (Read 7072 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re: Touring Caravan
« Reply #30 on July 25, 2018, 12:48:27 pm by Boomstick »
genuinely don't get them,
a couple of my friends have them, and when they get talking about them, the conversation is just about the problems they have with them, and how many days of their holiday they spent fixing them.
hilarious .
what's the draw with them? , i get they are a home away from home.
is it the touring aspect?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:14:05 pm by Boomstick »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 25, 2018, 01:59:14 pm by Filo »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: caravans
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stick to moaning about budgets!

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 25, 2018, 05:49:23 pm by Boomstick »
ok,
how much do they cost?
what's the average pitch fee?  ;)

in all seriousness. I'd love to own a split screen vw camper.
id love to your europe in it.

more likely to get a newer t4 or t5. anyone got any experience of them ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 25, 2018, 05:59:43 pm by drfchound »
I don't see the attraction in going to Spain and sitting on a beach all day.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 25, 2018, 07:07:43 pm by knockers »
Boomstick- I’ve had a T25 for six years. This year we’ve been away ever other weekend since Easter. Average pitch is £20 a night with electric. Our fridge runs off gas so we don’t always bother with electric and it’s a couple of quid cheaper. There are some great sites within 1.5 hours of Doncaster. Come to the Doncaster VW show that I sort the music out for on the 21-23rd sept at a Parklands and look at your options. Just a walk around the camping section will tell you if it’s for you. I’ll be the stressed looking guy near the music so come and have a chat.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 25, 2018, 07:33:31 pm by Donnywolf »
....AND theres DubOdyssee at Hooton Lodge Farm - think its this Weekend - sent Mel the Link
http://www.dubodyssey.com/

Were setting it all up yesterday when I was "supposedly" Fishing - looked impressive already
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 07:38:22 pm by Donnywolf »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 25, 2018, 07:45:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Boomstick- I’ve had a T25 for six years. This year we’ve been away ever other weekend since Easter. Average pitch is £20 a night with electric. Our fridge runs off gas so we don’t always bother with electric and it’s a couple of quid cheaper. There are some great sites within 1.5 hours of Doncaster. Come to the Doncaster VW show that I sort the music out for on the 21-23rd sept at a Parklands and look at your options. Just a walk around the camping section will tell you if it’s for you. I’ll be the stressed looking guy near the music so come and have a chat.

Shameful advertising!

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 25, 2018, 08:43:05 pm by knockers »
....AND theres DubOdyssee at Hooton Lodge Farm - think its this Weekend - sent Mel the Link
http://www.dubodyssey.com/

Were setting it all up yesterday when I was "supposedly" Fishing - looked impressive already

Mel and Lee are coming to indietracks with me this weekend

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 25, 2018, 08:44:39 pm by knockers »

Shameful advertising!

It won’t be the last 😁

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 26, 2018, 07:26:48 am by Boomstick »
that's a great idea thanks, I'll pop down.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 26, 2018, 07:27:59 am by Boomstick »
I don't see the attraction in going to Spain and sitting on a beach all day.
same, more of an activity holiday man myself

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 26, 2018, 02:52:09 pm by hoolahoop »
Well, it's only now a farm by name. It was previously a farm, I believe. There are few mice because the owner has a few cats patrolling.

What guns do they tote ?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 26, 2018, 03:11:55 pm by Bentley Bullet »
They're Muscats I think.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 13, 2018, 10:12:58 pm by Filo »
Mine is also stored at Ellerhome Farm. Has been for years. No problem with mice or anything. Just have to allow plenty of time in case I meet Mr White as he is quite a talker😊

Are they all stored in barns there, I don't like where I am at the moment so looking for somewhere else in the new year

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 13, 2018, 10:53:52 pm by roversontheup »
No Filo. Mine is in an old barn. There are a mixture of old and newer barns. But lots of vans are stored outside too. It’s pretty secure. Let me know if you want phone number. Not sure if it’s full or not.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:57:26 pm by roversontheup »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 13, 2018, 11:05:49 pm by Filo »
No Filo. Mine is in an old barn. There are a mixture of old and newer barns. But lots of vans are stored outside too. It’s pretty secure. Let me know if you want phone number. Not sure if it’s full or not.

Next time you go could you ask if its full please, I'm in no rush I've paid for where I am till the end of the year

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 13, 2018, 11:09:33 pm by roversontheup »
Will do Filo. I don’t always see Mr White when I go but will ask him when I see him next.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 14, 2018, 12:20:58 am by Filo »
Will do Filo. I don’t always see Mr White when I go but will ask him when I see him next.

Thank you

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on September 11, 2018, 11:27:03 am by Filo »
Well mines been in storage at Crowle since July £395 per year, a gold standard yard and the problems I've had there in that short space of time are unreal. I had to cut brambles away from my pitch to get the van in, I've been locked in the yard twice when the automatic gates failed and then I arrived the other day to find that someone had a fire on the ground about six yards in front of my Caravan, the yard owner blamed it on contractors he had on there, so a week after I had it profesionally cleaned theres ash on it, he never offered to pay for it to be cleaned again and the robbing t**t has now put the price up for next year to £455, loads have already moved from there, and as soon as I can find somewhere else I will be doing the same. The same bloke has also got a yard at Kirk Sandall and prices are going up to £495 per year there!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on September 11, 2018, 12:18:19 pm by Donnywolf »
Do YC at Bawtry only take ones bought from them ? It always seems ok and good value

There is also the one at Moor Edges Thorne. Farm or ex Farm run by Maurice Bellamy I think. Cant say what that is like but mate kept his there all the time

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on September 11, 2018, 12:27:39 pm by Filo »
Do YC at Bawtry only take ones bought from them ? It always seems ok and good value

There is also the one at Moor Edges Thorne. Farm or ex Farm run by Maurice Bellamy I think. Cant say what that is like but mate kept his there all the time

Made enquiries with Maurice, that looks the likely option at £150 per year

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on September 11, 2018, 02:40:23 pm by Draytonian III »
Ours cost £25 a month to store in a secure yard ,but then again it is in Castlereagh , N Ireland

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on September 11, 2018, 10:26:06 pm by roversontheup »

Haven't seen Mr White recently Filo do if you still want to know if it's full you'll need to ring him. I've never had any problems. 

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 11, 2018, 10:41:22 pm by Filo »

Haven't seen Mr White recently Filo do if you still want to know if it's full you'll need to ring him. I've never had any problems. 

No problem, deffo need to get away from where I am at the moment

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on October 30, 2018, 08:19:34 pm by Filo »
Secured a pitch closer to home at Thorne today, £140 a year, £315 a year saving for me, well happy 😀😀😀

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 31, 2018, 06:06:23 pm by Donnywolf »
Me too - a tip acted upon lol

Neighbour had one there 6+ years no trouble at all

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on October 31, 2018, 07:21:03 pm by Filo »
Me too - a tip acted upon lol

Neighbour had one there 6+ years no trouble at all

Down at Mooredges?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 31, 2018, 08:41:23 pm by Donnywolf »
Aye Reply #49 above

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on November 01, 2018, 02:37:35 pm by Filo »
Aye Reply #49 above

Did it affect your insurance moving there

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 03, 2018, 08:17:11 pm by Filo »
Can any fellow Caravanners recommend any good sites in Devon or Cornwall for next summer

TinyPortal © 2005-2012