Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 02:56:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Odds  (Read 9759 times)

raggytash

• Forum Member
Odds
« on July 21, 2018, 07:55:19 pm by raggytash »
7/2 for relegation looks a great price.... obviously we don’t want that but...

Board who constantly lie,
Board with no ambition
Board who are unwilling to invest on the playing side

Before the usual folk start there usual moan, I’m stating this purely on facts, were 2 week away from the start of the season and we’ve a wafer thin squad at best, it’s cost cutting at a massive scale but nobody will admit it.... why???

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
Re: Odds
« Reply #1 on July 21, 2018, 08:07:22 pm by StocktonRover »

Board with no ambition

Before the usual folk start there usual moan, I’m stating this purely on facts, were 2 week away from the start of the season and we’ve a wafer thin squad at best, it’s cost cutting at a massive scale but nobody will admit it.... why???
Yet another variant on the same theme. Yawn😴

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 21, 2018, 08:09:42 pm by Copps is Magic »
Lovely, temperate summer evening and this is what you chose to do with it? Have a milkshake or something. Shandy maybe. Mixed berry fruit red cider/cidre. Perry.

You've blown it anyway, those odds will shift now, everyone will be having a nibble. Remember to gamble responsibly - it would be a shame if you lost money.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 21, 2018, 08:16:31 pm by mpc123 »

Board with no ambition

It's starting to get boring now, its obvious your just trying to get people going as really nobody can keep harping on about the same things that are so far past being believable.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 21, 2018, 08:24:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Change the bloody record. Even student bands can play more than one tune.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 21, 2018, 08:43:14 pm by raggytash »
Ok, you disagree so you prove to me why I’m wrong??? Instead of a slagging match let’s put it straight..... 5 year plan is near enough out the window? True or false? There’s no investment true or false? There’s cutbacks but not being made public true or false? I know it’s true and know the reason!!! Last time I stated it I got a ban!!! We all want drfc to be successful but we’re being fed a constant stream of lies, especially of Baldwin

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 21, 2018, 08:45:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Nope, still sounds like the same tune to me.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 21, 2018, 08:47:11 pm by raggytash »
Exactly you can’t answer

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 21, 2018, 08:48:41 pm by vaya »
Definitely the same tune.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 21, 2018, 08:49:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Exactly you can’t answer

You never justify anything so I'm buggered if you expect me to.

PS Does anyone know a good sheet music shop?

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 21, 2018, 08:51:45 pm by mpc123 »

MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHAT PRICE A TEAM IS.

1.Board who constantly lie,

YOU LIE SEE 2 AND 3

2. Board with no ambition 

THE BOARD SET A PLAN TO GET INTO THE CHAMPIONSHIP, THAT SHOWS AMBITION

3. Board who are unwilling to invest on the playing side 

THE BOARD INVEST 2 MILLION EVERY YEAR.

no unless your willing to tell us what you are SUPPOSED know then stop posting it.

If you were to explain yourself it would be more believable, but you never do, meaning nobody believes it.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 21, 2018, 08:52:55 pm by since-1969 »

Board with no ambition

I think you’ve sat in the sun too long .

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 21, 2018, 08:55:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Is it just me or does raggytash make anyone else think of Senna The Soothsayer in Up Pompeii?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 21, 2018, 08:56:52 pm by GazLaz »

MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHAT PRICE A TEAM IS.

1.Board who constantly lie,

YOU LIE SEE 2 AND 3

2. Board with no ambition

THE BOARD SET A PLAN TO GET INTO THE CHAMPIONSHIP, THAT SHOWS AMBITION

3. Board who are unwilling to invest on the playing side

THE BOARD INVEST 2 MILLION EVERY YEAR.

no unless your willing to tell us what you are SUPPOSED know then stop posting it.

If you were to explain yourself it would be more believable, but you never do, meaning nobody believes it.

By saying it doesn’t matter what price a team is are you saying all teams have the same chance of succeeding? The odds are generally a very good indicator.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 21, 2018, 09:04:32 pm by mpc123 »
Go and back all the top 3 to go up and all the bottom 3 to go down then. Fingers crossed for you.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 21, 2018, 09:05:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Forget the odds, they're just an excuse for yet another raggytash rant in the key of A Major pain in the arse.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 21, 2018, 09:08:20 pm by dknward2 »
Just had a look on sky bet and there are 9 teams with shorter odds than us so all 9 of them teams must be worse than us then going on what people are saying

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 21, 2018, 09:18:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I remember a close season of suicidal moaning like this in 2012.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 21, 2018, 09:30:51 pm by mpc123 »
It seems to be just a few but they post the same things everytime it makes it feel like everyone is saying it. The clubs in a far better place than probably it has ever been. No matter where we are in the league, the club is the most important thing.

Throwing huge amounts of cash at it guarantees nothing, even that could end in relegation the same as some other clubs have in years gone by.

A few more useful signings and we are in a very strong position. Those types number one have to be  available, 2. Be affordable and 3. Actually want to come.

So no matter how much money you have or want to spend it doesn't guarantee a signing and even worse a signing for the sake of it.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 21, 2018, 10:03:43 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
At 8 on a Saturday night too. Just bizarre.....

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 21, 2018, 11:23:13 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
Booorrrriiinnnggg Raggy !!! I pity your depressive outlook on life. You only get 1 and the odds on that are 100% so make the most of it.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 21, 2018, 11:25:15 pm by Spilsby Red »
Without this board and previously JR, there wouldn’t be a DRFC, I was there in the dark days, when we were very close to losing our club.

I would sooner have a near sustainable club to support than none. Yes, we all want promotion, win more games. Other supporters of there respective clubs want that to. Football is played on the pitch and let’s hope GM can do this, only time will tell, I wish him all the best.

Some people need to be realistic, nothing wrong with wanting more, but it doesn’t always work. Look what happened to Shrewsbury last year. Bournemouth’s bubble could burst at anytime. Just think what could happen to them.

My son ( who has a serious illness and will do for his life) supports DRFC. Never been to a game yet, he is on Wednesday. Then I have an amazing surprise for him for the Shrewsbury game.  We love our club and want the best, however, there are things happen in life, that make you realise what is important.

Let’s just support the board, GM and the players and enjoy the ride

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 22, 2018, 09:51:38 am by Michael Shaw »
As much as many fans didn’t like Ferguson’s style in mixing up formations and putting players in the wrong places, he did supposedly leave us with a good squad. So good that we need less changes than I can ever recall in the last 10 years of summer transfer windows. If I have to, I can list every player in and out but I won’t bother. This has left us with virtually no news since May and as a result fans have turned more hostile to each other than I ever recall. We have only a few weeks to go before we find out if this window has been a massive folly and an over-estimation of the current squad, or if Ferguson left us with a great state and the “board and management can never do wrong" brigade are right. It will be interesting finding out who was right soon, as the first game doesn’t feel too far away now. I am the first to say I hope my estimate of 6 points from the first 6 games is a significant underestimate.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 22, 2018, 10:12:20 am by Cantley Rover »
It seems to be just a few but they post the same things everytime it makes it feel like everyone is saying it. The clubs in a far better place than probably it has ever been. No matter where we are in the league, the club is the most important thing.

Throwing huge amounts of cash at it guarantees nothing, even that could end in relegation the same as some other clubs have in years gone by.

A few more useful signings and we are in a very strong position. Those types number one have to be  available, 2. Be affordable and 3. Actually want to come.

So no matter how much money you have or want to spend it doesn't guarantee a signing and even worse a signing for the sake of it.

Nothing like stating the obvious.
A few more useful signings and we are in a very strong position.

Those types number one have to be  available, Not true. We could put an offer in for someone who isn't available but could be at the right price.
2. Be affordable. What is affordable? How do you know if we can or cannot afford someone?
3. Actually want to come. Nobody is going to come if they don't want to. No matter how much we might offer.

I do find it funny when I see posts such as this and I just know before I look who the likes will have come from.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 22, 2018, 10:16:51 am by vaya »

Those types number one have to be  available, Not true. We could put an offer in for someone who isn't available but could be at the right price.
2. Be affordable. What is affordable? How do you know if we can or cannot afford someone?
3. Actually want to come. Nobody is going to come if they don't want to. No matter how much we might offer.

I do find it funny when I see posts such as this and I just know before I look who the likes will have come from.

People probably think the same about yours.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 22, 2018, 10:21:06 am by Cantley Rover »

People probably think the same about yours.

Glad you agree Vaya.   :lol:

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 22, 2018, 10:58:27 am by elmsallrover »
Player's will come if the money is right just look at Salford

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 22, 2018, 11:36:08 am by mpc123 »

Some people need it spelling out sometimes, of course you may not.

You also used this type of sarcastic reply in the other thread about my post which I had to explain I had posted tongue in cheek, where others got it and you didn't.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 22, 2018, 11:43:41 am by Cantley Rover »
Maybe you should take your tongue out of your cheek and then maybe we can understand what it is you really mean?

niteowler

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 22, 2018, 12:06:05 pm by niteowler »
Is it just me or does raggytash make anyone else think of Senna The Soothsayer in Up Pompeii?
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Or even Fraser in Dads Army "Aye tell yer . we are all Doomed"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012