Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 11:19:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Taylor  (Read 22407 times)

mpc123

• VSC Member
Re: Paul Taylor
« Reply #150 on July 25, 2018, 06:08:47 pm by mpc123 »
Try reading we had a top 8 last year and it has been improved this year

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on July 25, 2018, 06:10:36 pm by Retdon1 »
For me we’re still 3 players short... a experience defensive midfielder, a defender that can cover anywhere in the back 4 and a striker... I get holding a small part of the budget back for Jan but we haven’t hardly spent a penny yet despite releasing a few good earners and an increased budget

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on July 25, 2018, 06:13:22 pm by mpc123 »
Its repeat mode, there is still 2 weeks left and a full loan window after that, repeat repeat repeat. Top budget, still 2 weeks left and a full loan window, repeat repeat repeat.

Dont people read full threads rather than just the last one, its mad.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on July 25, 2018, 07:10:44 pm by silent majority »
Not sure why some are saying we have a top six budget when we don't.
In fairness nobody from the club has said that.
The ambition is to challenge for the top six - but we don't have a top six budget.
That's why Fergie left.
End of.
Let's move on.

That's right, but we did have a top 7 budget last season, and this years budget is bigger.

But that's not why he left, and in fairness to quote you, nobody from the club has said that nor has DF himself.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on July 25, 2018, 07:13:01 pm by steve@dcfd »
The ambition is to challenge for the top six - but we don't have a top six budget.
That's why Fergie left.
End of.
Let's move on.

Supporters meeting I asked GB and GM direct about resources to GB have you given the manager the resources for a top six finish he said the club had and GM reiterated that he had a top six budget. So it’s who you believe I’m not in the game of calling any body a liar when there is no proof of what our budget is in the public domain. Do you know.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on July 25, 2018, 07:16:25 pm by vaya »
Didn’t realise this

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs/

So we have more time with loans than I thought .

News to me as well.

Thanks Steve.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on July 25, 2018, 08:49:07 pm by scawsby steve »
Well we don't know how he's playing, but at least he's scored.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on July 25, 2018, 08:53:11 pm by rich1471 »
Didn’t realise this

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs/

So we have more time with loans than I thought .

News to me as well.

The problem is players can still be sold to clubs abroad not saying this will affect us but premier league clubs could find it hard say if Real Madrid or Barcelona come calling as they have no way of replacing that player till January

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on July 25, 2018, 08:55:52 pm by drfchound »
For me we’re still 3 players short... a experience defensive midfielder, a defender that can cover anywhere in the back 4 and a striker... I get holding a small part of the budget back for Jan but we haven’t hardly spent a penny yet despite releasing a few good earners and an increased budget

Mason can play anywhere across the back four as well as DM.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on July 25, 2018, 09:53:58 pm by Michael Shaw »
That's why Fergie left.
End of.
Let's move on.

That's right, but we did have a top 7 budget last season, and this years budget is bigger.

But that's not why he left, and in fairness to quote you, nobody from the club has said that nor has DF himself.

Care to provide a list of all the league one clubs and budgets so we can see for ourselves that we have a top budget, please?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on July 25, 2018, 09:55:56 pm by Michael Shaw »
A claim that we have the lowest budget in league one is no less substantiated.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on July 25, 2018, 11:00:40 pm by mpc123 »
Not when the claim comes from SM

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on July 25, 2018, 11:03:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »
That's why Fergie left.
End of.
Let's move on.

Care to provide a list of all the league one clubs and budgets so we can see for ourselves that we have a top budget, please?

Only the EFL know that. Clubs get told where they are in relation to the rest but not how much each team have.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on July 25, 2018, 11:07:11 pm by DonnyOsmond »
That's why Fergie left.
End of.
Let's move on.

Supporters meeting I asked GB and GM direct about resources to GB have you given the manager the resources for a top six finish he said the club had and GM reiterated that he had a top six budget. So it’s who you believe I’m not in the game of calling any body a liar when there is no proof of what our budget is in the public domain. Do you know.

To be fair, no one other than a couple of shit stirrers on here have said we don't have a decent budget and the shit stirrers wont know anyway. Theres a handful of people who know the exact figure and where we are in relation to the other teams and GB and GM are on that list, so that's as near as any of us mere mortals will get to knowing.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on July 25, 2018, 11:08:00 pm by silent majority »
That's why Fergie left.
End of.
Let's move on.

You don't have to believe me of course, but for somebody in my position to spread lies or untruths would be disastrous. And seeing as I've been in this position for 20 years its fair to say I'm reasonably well respected and trusted.

I'm up for election again on Saturday at the FSF AGM. This will be my 4th election therefore entering my 7th year as Dep Chair.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:05:38 am by silent majority »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on July 25, 2018, 11:10:29 pm by silent majority »
That's why Fergie left.
End of.
Let's move on.

Only the EFL know that. Clubs get told where they are in relation to the rest but not how much each team have.

I have the LG1 SCMP Benchmarking list in my possession which quite clearly shows DRFC in at No 7 on that list.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on July 25, 2018, 11:35:52 pm by Spilsby Red »
Budget budget budget. Yawn yawn yawn. It’s getting so monotonous now. Get behind GM and the players and who knows. GM will make his decisions when he wants to and knows they are right for the club.
Just be grateful we have a club to support.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on July 25, 2018, 11:57:58 pm by Canadian Rover »
How did Taylor play tonight?

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on July 26, 2018, 12:06:22 am by Spilsby Red »
He played ok in my eyes. Put himself about. Probably will need to work on his fitness. Good link up play

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on July 26, 2018, 12:32:37 am by Michael Shaw »
SM, you don’t know me personally and I don’t know you. I only asked if the figures could be published. I didn’t say I believed or disbelieved you. You are just a “handle” to me and nothing implies that you are elected to anything (to anyone not in the know like me). You assume everyone knows who you are. I, for one, had no idea that the LG1 SCMP Benchmarking list existed and why you should have access to such privileged information in your role. I have no reason to question your integrity and trust you will win again on Saturday.

Having a top 7 budget is good news and obviously it depends whether it is fully utilised and how well it is spent by GM. Thanks.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on July 26, 2018, 12:48:49 am by Canadian Rover »
Back on subject...How did Taylor look?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on July 26, 2018, 02:53:26 am by PDX_Rover »
Most people, let's face it, know f**k all about what is really going on with regards to players being discussed, budget, etc etc. The internet is a blessing and a damn curse.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on July 26, 2018, 03:09:55 am by scawsby steve »
Back on subject...How did Taylor look?

I don't think any of the regular posters on here actually went, Canadian; however the DFP report on the game says that he scored one and assisted in another.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on July 26, 2018, 07:36:43 am by aidanstu »
I’ve read pages of people arguing about the size of our clubs budget compared to others in this league and whether we have a “top 6” budget because Gavin said so.

Has it ever occurred to you that Gavin doesn’t know the budget of the other clubs in this league and therefore only speculate on how ours compare in any event?

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on July 26, 2018, 07:51:24 am by Lincoln Rover »
Canadian Rover to answer your question, Taylor played  well.
He was getting frustrated when balls didn't drop for him and the pace and link up play at times was break neck speed.
He kept up well and I'm assured he's lost a lot of weight from his first match.Took his goal well and with seemed comfortable.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on July 26, 2018, 08:30:39 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I’ve read pages of people arguing about the size of our clubs budget compared to others in this league and whether we have a “top 6” budget because Gavin said so.

Has it ever occurred to you that Gavin doesn’t know the budget of the other clubs in this league and therefore only speculate on how ours compare in any event?

If SM has a copy of the LG1 SCMP Benchmarking list, Gavin will certainly have one too.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on July 26, 2018, 08:59:54 am by selby »
  How he played at Deeping and Frickley is immaterial, an old pro will stand out at that level in the veterans game, given the time on the ball i.e. Doolan, they always have that ability.
   He will have much sterner tests both on and off the field, but if it comes off, and at least he seems to be giving it a good shot, then well done to everyone especially him, and I support him 100%.
  He will have to get physically fitter than he has ever been, mentally as well, if he does he deserves our admiration.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on July 26, 2018, 09:23:03 am by selby »
  On the subject of budgets, I have supported this club for 67 years, and only in the last decade has budgets become a subject in football, promoted in the first place by clubs like Manchester United and cascaded down the leagues as an important subject to supporters.
   If you look at old supporters club booklets you will be able to see that supporters raised the funds, and did the labour of concreting the terracing at Belle Vue in the past, that would not happen now, and the Busby Babes and the great Leeds side were mainly made up of youth players promoted to the first team.
   When we look like trying to go down that route to some extent the modern way is to have no patience and criticize the budget, and just bring players in to the club.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on July 26, 2018, 09:31:58 am by DaveDRFC »
So has Taylor actually signed or not? Seems a bit weird that the match report from last night on DROS names him, but not the other trialist. Can't find any official announcement that he has.

Edit... Reading again can see further down it says 'Trialist Taylor'. So he can't have signed yet. Still seems weird that they have named him but that the other one who I believe was the lad from Leeds, Romario Vieira, just gets called Trialist all the way through.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:38:09 am by DaveDRFC »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on July 26, 2018, 10:17:40 am by Alan Southstand »
I've read somewhere that McCann will be making a decision in the next few days about both current triallists, the lad from Leeds being seen as 'one for the future'.
Liam Holden has reported that the manager is definately after another forward and a defensive midfielder.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012