Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 09:28:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Taylor  (Read 22434 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Taylor
« Reply #30 on July 24, 2018, 08:49:39 am by the vicar »
He is only 30 if he can score 10 this season and get say 15 assists then great also if he wants to be here and fits in with GM and his system then I don't care if he's free better than paying 100k and getting no better or possibly worse.

For free he is worth the gamble for me
he has only scored 10+goals 3 times in his life. And only in his early life and that is not in one season it's the entire time at the club he was at

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 24, 2018, 09:06:17 am by RedJ »
Never said no more money. Or even implied that. They said money was available for the right player or players which is meaningless if GM only chooses to spend it on the wages of Taylor. We need better and I understand him trying to hold out but don’t want to take the easy option. If Taylor was the player to take this league apart then why leave Bradford why aren’t there a queue of other clubs trying to sign him.

Yes you did imply it. They said words to the effect of money is there if McCann wants it. You also said on this thread that if no other forward comes along, that means the answers are meaningless. How is that not implying that they're not true?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 24, 2018, 09:24:33 am by GazLaz »
People that judge players by looking at Wikipedia records make me laugh. They must be very basic thinking individuals.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 24, 2018, 09:36:21 am by wing commander »
  I don't have any contacts in the world of Rovers but I do have one in the upper echelonces of Bradford..It wouldn't be fair to publically state the problems he had at Bradford, but lets just say as good a player as he is on the pitch its wouldn't disappoint if we didn't sign him

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 24, 2018, 09:43:12 am by Alan Southstand »
DF was openly criticised on this board for not using the resources he had in the right way and this is a perfect example of exactly the same thing.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 24, 2018, 09:55:58 am by GazLaz »
DF was openly criticised on this board for not using the resources he had in the right way and this is a perfect example of exactly the same thing.p

Do you think if a healthy budget was available Fergie would buy May from non league and Grant would be taking a punt on a known wrong en that’s in last chance saloon?? Lack of funds means you have to take punts. It’s obvious.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 24, 2018, 10:08:33 am by Alan Southstand »
As each day passes, Gazlaz, it’s hard not to draw the same conclusion. However, I’m clinging to the Board’s stated ambition of top 6 and hope that there is a couple of quality players out there, somewhere (and not mates of McCann) that will lift us all.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 24, 2018, 10:10:47 am by Boomstick »
it's what you get when your scraping around in the bargain bucket.

the amount of clubs and games he's played suggests this isn't gonna be a good signing.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 24, 2018, 10:20:04 am by dickos1 »
If McCann can get him back to anywhere near his best then it’s a great signing.
Not everything comes down to games and goals. Far too simplistic,
Do you think giroud is arsed that he didn’t have a shot on target but ended up a World Cup winner.

Taylor was a good player, Bradford fans say he was very good for them in certain games.

McCann knows him so probably thinks he can get the best out of him, comparing him to mandeville is daft

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 24, 2018, 10:40:37 am by since-1969 »
I say keep in looking he’s not the only ‘ past it’s best ‘ player out there .

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 24, 2018, 10:53:19 am by DonnyOsmond »
Every thread descends into "the budgets crap".

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 24, 2018, 11:00:35 am by steve@dcfd »
Never said no more money. Or even implied that. They said money was available for the right player or players which is meaningless if GM only chooses to spend it on the wages of Taylor. We need better and I understand him trying to hold out but don’t want to take the easy option. If Taylor was the player to take this league apart then why leave Bradford why aren’t there a queue of other clubs trying to sign him.

Yes you did imply it. They said words to the effect of money is there if McCann wants it. You also said on this thread that if no other forward comes along, that means the answers are meaningless. How is that not implying that they're not true?
I know what was said I was there and asked the question about resources that were available. If we are holding out for the right players to use that resource then great But use part of that resource on a player that I don’t think will improve us then it is meaningless and another fitness gamble.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 24, 2018, 11:22:12 am by Bollinger »
Really not sure about "Tayls" (as McCann calls him !) I just hope Grant isn't just doing an old mate a favour. He has to let his head rule his heart & IF he genuinely thinks he's worth having in the squad,then fair enough.

Could go either way. I remember King Billy being criticised for bringing his old mates Mick Bates and Alan Warboys on board.

I don't think Bates got off the bench more than a couple of times all season and was a complete waste of a shirt. Warboys who everyone wrote off as an injury-prone old carthorse turned in 3 or 4 seasons that set the standard of what a number 9 is all about.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 24, 2018, 12:07:58 pm by dickos1 »

I know what was said I was there and asked the question about resources that were available. If we are holding out for the right players to use that resource then great But use part of that resource on a player that I don’t think will improve us then it is meaningless and another fitness gamble.

That’s your opinion that he wouldn’t improve us though and in the grand scheme of things your opinion doesn’t really matter.
If McCann thinks he will improve us then that’s the opinion that matters

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 24, 2018, 12:29:33 pm by wing commander »
I've no doubt he will improve us on the pitch if he has his head straight,the problem is his track record suggests that doesn't seem to last very long..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 24, 2018, 12:31:30 pm by RedJ »
I've no doubt he will improve us on the pitch if he has his head straight,the problem is his track record suggests that doesn't seem to last very long..

Bless him, maybe it's been a while?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 24, 2018, 01:42:44 pm by Bentley Bullet »
With his track record he needs to prove himself before he gets any premature elation from me.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 24, 2018, 01:46:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I just hope he has time to get fit and the season doesn't come too quick for him.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 24, 2018, 02:04:08 pm by vaya »
Agreed. Could do without his season starting half-cocked.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 24, 2018, 02:35:04 pm by MachoMadness »
Just hope we don't get stiffed on his agent's fees.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 24, 2018, 02:50:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Hope he doesn't try to take on players instead of having a shot. He doesn't want to dribble before he shoots.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 24, 2018, 02:54:35 pm by RedJ »
As long as he doesn't get stage fright.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 24, 2018, 03:50:48 pm by scawsby steve »
Taylor when at his best cost Ipswich £1.25 million. their return was 1 goal in 16 games for them before loaning him out to two different clubs where he did not score.
  In three seasons 1 goal when at his best, just think about that, when at his best, might get through your cotton wool.
  He didn't even look like a player at Frickley, if that is his starting point he has a long way to go.
  I have forgotten about Mandeville playing for us again, but I have more ambition than signing players that have had their contract terminated by a club no better than us.
  And it hardly follows the standards this club supposedly aspires to.

Who are you blaming for this then Brian; GM?, the board?, or both?; and by the way, Taylor's not a striker, he's a winger, so I don't know why you're quoting goal scoring records all the time.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 24, 2018, 04:11:58 pm by selby »
Steve I just cannot see rime or reason behind the move for this player.
  It is left of centre on everything the club have said they stand for over the last three seasons.
  He has played at our level for the last few seasons or there abouts, and I have not seen one post on our forums by anyone suggesting that we should go out and sign him to improve us.
  Suddenly at the age of thirty, after being dumped at Bradford for serious misdemeanors he is seen as a signing that will improve us by some on here who may have never seen him play.
   At Frickley he looked way off any fitness required, and pulled a groin during the warm up, and if he is a wingerI would be interested to know when was the last game we played with one, apart from the odd game when we have thrown Blair forward in desperation.
  I will be interested to read anyones reason why they think he would be a good signing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 24, 2018, 04:28:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Selby, I agree with you, but it appears that just because he wasn't good enough for Bradford City it doesn't mean he's not good enough for us.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 24, 2018, 04:36:12 pm by since-1969 »
Harper ... need I say anymore.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 24, 2018, 04:40:11 pm by scawsby steve »
  It is left of centre on everything the club have said they stand for over the last three seasons.
  He has played at our level for the last few seasons or there abouts, and I have not seen one post on our forums by anyone suggesting that we should go out and sign him to improve us.
  Suddenly at the age of thirty, after being dumped at Bradford for serious misdemeanors he is seen as a signing that will improve us by some on here who may have never seen him play.
   At Frickley he looked way off any fitness required, and pulled a groin during the warm up, and if he is a wingerI would be interested to know when was the last game we played with one, apart from the odd game when we have thrown Blair forward in desperation.
  I will be interested to read anyones reason why they think he would be a good signing.

You haven't answered the question Brian, who are you blaming?; as for the last time we played with wingers, it must have escaped your attention that we now have a new manager, who is intent on the team playing a different style of football with, apparently, more pace and width.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 24, 2018, 05:05:54 pm by raggytash »
Completely agree with Selby.... it’s all about money and we’ve got fk all but they won’t admit it

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 24, 2018, 05:13:08 pm by dickos1 »

A lot of waffle here I’m afraid.
There will be hundreds of players that nobody has mentioned on here that would improve us
It is said he left Bradford by mutual consent
I imagine most players are well off the pace in the first pre season game.
As for him being a winger, it’s irrelevent if we didn’t play with them under a different manager isn’t it?

Don’t know what is is with our fans but we seem to have people who just want to write players and managers off before a ball has been kicked
It’s baffling 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on July 24, 2018, 05:13:40 pm by dickos1 »
Completely agree with Selby.... it’s all about money and we’ve got fk all but they won’t admit it

Selby hasn’t mentioned money

TinyPortal © 2005-2012