Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 10:44:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Taylor  (Read 22454 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Taylor
« Reply #60 on July 24, 2018, 05:19:03 pm by RedJ »
Of course not. Raggytash doesn't look for facts, he just decides what his narrative is going to be and then looks for a post that vaguely matches what he wants to argue and presents it as fact to support it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 24, 2018, 05:32:30 pm by Alan Southstand »
Excuse me guys, but if Taylor is a winger then I'm a Premier League striker. He might have been one in his early days, but there's not a chance he's one now.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on July 24, 2018, 05:54:47 pm by dickos1 »
How does anyone know what he is now? He’s not played a proper game for us yet.
He’s 6 years younger than coppinger,

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 24, 2018, 05:57:04 pm by RoversAlias »
I thought he was an attacking midfielder / forward?

Anyway...he's 30, which is not ancient by any means especially not at this level. He's proven to have the ability to succeed at this level and has played higher. Our new manager knows him well as a player and a person, he isn't just signing his mates like Weaver and that pub team goalie.

If he signs, and it remains a big if, it'll be on lower wages I would imagine than top earners. Probably be a one year deal, so relatively risk free. He clearly has ability so if he keeps his personal life in check and gets fit (a friendly against Frickley when he's not played for 4 months is no indicator at all of his general capability) then I don't see the problem.

And I fully believe Selby's only problem is that he's not Liam bloody Mandeville.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on July 24, 2018, 06:19:09 pm by raggytash »
How can you have a dig look at the facts or are you that thick??? Squad reduced in size, big earners not replaced, Ferguson goes because of shit budget, players brought in are bottom of the barrel, I.e 14 games in 18 month Crawford, Wilkes out nearly half of last season, Taylor is unfit and hasn’t played.... so you’re telling me we’ve improved??????  Baldwin and co haven’t a clue it’s all about money... some people on here agree with me, it’s all about facts, if we reversed how it’s been great but I’ll guarantee you it’s a relegation fight from the off this year.... there’s nothing whatsoever to make you think any different

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on July 24, 2018, 06:47:52 pm by silent majority »
How can you have a dig look at the facts or are you that thick??? Squad reduced in size, big earners not replaced, Ferguson goes because of shit budget, players brought in are bottom of the barrel, I.e 14 games in 18 month Crawford, Wilkes out nearly half of last season, Taylor is unfit and hasn’t played.... so you’re telling me we’ve improved??????  Baldwin and co haven’t a clue it’s all about money... some people on here agree with me, it’s all about facts, if we reversed how it’s been great but I’ll guarantee you it’s a relegation fight from the off this year.... there’s nothing whatsoever to make you think any different

Oh raggy, you do harbour a few grudges don't you?

I've been meaning to ask, how is that Irish connection working out for you these days?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on July 24, 2018, 06:49:59 pm by ravenrover »
Can you put a number on the "some" who agree with you?
You've done nothing but post negative posts all close season everything is down to the board, the budget, cheap scraping the bottom of the barrel player Baldwin and co are running a business not a charity
What are the "facts" you talk about?
How many of the players who have left were 1st team regulars last season? The players still with us with the exception of Houghton finished mid-table so why should they suddenly be relegation fodder?
I do despair at some of our "supporters" at time, if we don't go out and spend mega bucks and bring In Championship level players we are down the tube! and people were enthusing about bringing in a past it cripple at centre half last season on top wages you couldn't make it up

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on July 24, 2018, 07:22:54 pm by BigH »
it's what you get when your scraping around in the bargain bucket.

the amount of clubs and games he's played suggests this isn't gonna be a good signing.
Think about it, the potential upside here far exceeds the downside:

- damaged goods who most clubs will steer clear of; no hooky agent looking to take a big bung
- no transfer fee
- wages should be realistic
- screw up and he's out; last chance to prove he can be a pro footballer

The downside, of course, is that he's s**t and/or becomes a disruptive influence but for the sake of a 3-6 mth rolling contract surely he's got to be worth a punt.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 24, 2018, 08:14:23 pm by andyst79 »
 :that:

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 24, 2018, 08:21:38 pm by raggytash »
It’s facts!!! You can hide your little jibes, but where’s the investment??? Sm what you on about the Irish all the time???? You’ve lost me, but nothing beats deflecting the truth eh??

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 24, 2018, 08:22:39 pm by raggytash »
So what happens if all 3 are shit???? Good management that isn’t it mate???

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on July 24, 2018, 08:38:53 pm by BigH »
So what happens if all 3 are shit???? Good management that isn’t it mate???
Then don't ffs put them on a 3 year contract.

Cedric Evina anyone?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 24, 2018, 08:41:19 pm by RedJ »
Written him and the other lads off before Taylor has even signed and the others have even played a competitive match. f**k me, you do have to wonder.

No matter who you sign - especially at this level - there's always going to be some level of risk that they're going to be shit.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on July 24, 2018, 08:41:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
Not sure what type of player this lad is but his goal scoring record is not quite what you would want to help support Marquis.

17/18 - 6 goals in 27 League One games
16/17 - 3 goals in 39 League One games
15/16 - did not play entire season
14/15 - 0 goals in 22 Championship games

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on July 24, 2018, 08:45:46 pm by roversdude »
Raggy weren’t you the founding member of the DF appreciation society I thought you’d be pleased. Where has it ever been confirmed that he walked because of the budget.
Where has it been confirmed that the budget is less than last season
Think you need to chill and pour yourself another cup of vinegar

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 24, 2018, 08:47:11 pm by scawsby steve »
Not sure what type of player this lad is but his goal scoring record is not quite what you would want to help support Marquis.

17/18 - 6 goals in 27 League One games
16/17 - 3 goals in 39 League One games
15/16 - did not play entire season
14/15 - 0 goals in 22 Championship games

I keep saying Chris, he's not a striker.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 24, 2018, 08:53:01 pm by Chris Black come back »
You may well be right there Steve. Why we are adding an attacking midfielder or potentially a striker is beyond most folk though. We need some proper central midfield dominance.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on July 24, 2018, 08:54:00 pm by ravenrover »
It’s facts!!! You can hide your little jibes, but where’s the investment??? Sm what you on about the Irish all the time???? You’ve lost me, but nothing beats deflecting the truth eh??
Didn't think you would answer the questions, never mind enjoy your negativity, I'll just ask one more what jibes? and when you say facts you mean your opinion don't you? oh no you have insider info sorry forgot

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 24, 2018, 09:06:35 pm by Canadian Rover »
2011–12Championship 38- 2
2012–13League One 25-2
2013–14Championship 41-4
2014–15League One 34-4
2015–16League One 39-3
2016–17League Two 39-10
2017–18League One 34-3

Hardly prolific....but yep... I'd take another Copps :)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on July 24, 2018, 09:42:14 pm by dickos1 »

You’ve said we will get relegated every year for the last ten years!
Not a great success rate mate

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on July 24, 2018, 09:42:40 pm by dickos1 »
You may well be right there Steve. Why we are adding an attacking midfielder or potentially a striker is beyond most folk though. We need some proper central midfield dominance.

That didn’t take long 🙄

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 24, 2018, 09:45:32 pm by Chris Black come back »

That didn’t take long 🙄

Keep up comrade. Been saying it for weeks. Our central midfield was weak last season and is even weaker this season. You might not agree but am sure you will change your view in a few weeks anyway, possibly when you also call for the new guy to resign.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on July 24, 2018, 09:52:39 pm by dickos1 »
Bit boring that now mate, we all know I didn’t.
Anyway back to 2018, and you’re criticising the next manager before we’ve played a game and before we’ve finished our transfer business.

Last week when I was saying we would be struggling if we didn’t sign more players and I was suggesting we were struggling financially it was purely because I knew it wouldn’t be long before the same old negative clowns would be on here criticising the manager when in reality he’s got no money to spend.
But well done you’ve even surprised me with how soon you’ve started

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 24, 2018, 10:11:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
Think you are suffering in the heat comrade. I haven't said we will be struggling next season or struggling financially. These are things you have made up - much like you denying in the face of evidence that you did call for Ferguson to be sacked (after the guy had only been in the job for a matter of months!). You have also made up that the manager has "got no money to spend" despite the fact that the CEO and manager have both said in public forums that this is not the case. These are all things that you have made up.

Suggesting that the manager strengthens an area of obvious need is not heresy btw. I know you will struggle to understand this, but constructive criticism does exist. We have 1.5 central midfielders on the books. It is not unreasonable for folk to see this as an area that needs attention.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on July 24, 2018, 10:18:37 pm by silent majority »
Anyway back to 2018, and you’re criticising the next manager before we’ve played a game and before we’ve finished our transfer business.

Last week when I was saying we would be struggling if we didn’t sign more players and I was suggesting we were struggling financially it was purely because I knew it wouldn’t be long before the same old negative clowns would be on here criticising the manager when in reality he’s got no money to spend.

Which reality is this then? So, the CEO and the new manager both state that the budget is greater than last season and that there is still money in the pot yet you have decided they're both pulling the wool over everybody's eyes and you, with your insider knowledge, know different.

And you call others clowns!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on July 24, 2018, 10:39:07 pm by dickos1 »

Which reality is this then? So, the CEO and the new manager both state that the budget is greater than last season and that there is still money in the pot yet you have decided they're both pulling the wool over everybody's eyes and you, with your insider knowledge, know different.

Martin that’s twice you’ve misred by posts and gone off on one.
The point I’m making is if we don’t spend some money on improving our squad before the season starts then we will have idiots criticising the manager in a few weeks.
When the reality will be he’s not had the resources to do any better.

Like I’ve said numerous times but you keep ignoring, if we do sign some players before the season starts all well and good but if we don’t then we will struggle this season

Never mentioned once about any inside knowledge regarding this, I think almost everyone on here agrees we need to improve the squad before the season starts. It’s cerrtainly not just me

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on July 24, 2018, 10:42:38 pm by mpc123 »

The point I’m making is if we don’t spend some money on improving our squad before the season starts then we will have idiots criticising the manager in a few weeks.

Like I’ve said numerous times but you keep ignoring, if we do sign some players before the season starts all well and good but if we don’t then we will struggle this season

Never mentioned once about any inside knowledge regarding this, I think almost everyone on here agrees we need to improve the squad before the season starts. It’s cerrtainly not just me

If you hadnt put in the line of in reality hes nit had the resources to do any better then i would have agreed with that post. Just because the manager doesnt sign someone doesnt mean the resources arent there.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on July 24, 2018, 10:45:42 pm by dickos1 »
Think you are suffering in the heat comrade. I haven't said we will be struggling next season or struggling financially. These are things you have made up - much like you denying in the face of evidence that you did call for Ferguson to be sacked (after the guy had only been in the job for a matter of months!). You have also made up that the manager has "got no money to spend" despite the fact that the CEO and manager have both said in public forums that this is not the case. These are all things that you have made up.

Suggesting that the manager strengthens an area of obvious need is not heresy btw. I know you will struggle to understand this, but constructive criticism does exist. We have 1.5 central midfielders on the books. It is not unreasonable for folk to see this as an area that needs attention.

Exactly,
You’re criticising the manager for signing the wrong type of player when we’re still a way off the season starting. Never suggested you said we had no money.
Never called for Ferguson to be sacked 😴
You didn’t want him from day one which has clouded your view on him ever since, maybe you didn’t want McCann which is why you’re on his back already.
No idea why you think you’re in a better position to decide which players we need than the person who watches them day in day out

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on July 24, 2018, 10:46:55 pm by dickos1 »

If you hadnt put in the line of in reality hes nit had the resources to do any better then i would have agreed with that post. Just because the manager doesnt sign someone doesnt mean the resources arent there.

Like Gaz said earlier though, if we do have money to spend and I’m not saying we don’t why would a new manager wanting to make his mark not be spending it?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on July 24, 2018, 10:50:50 pm by silent majority »

Two things.

One, I haven't gone off on one.

Second, I haven't misread anything. I've highlighted what you've written, which clearly says he hasn't got any money to spend. How is that a misread?

And then you repeat yourself when answering me by adding the line 'When the reality will be he’s not had the resources to do any better.'.

Again, which reality is this?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012