Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 09:48:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Taylor  (Read 22444 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Paul Taylor
« Reply #90 on July 24, 2018, 10:52:27 pm by silent majority »
Bit boring that now mate, we all know I didn’t.
Anyway back to 2018, and you’re criticising the next manager before we’ve played a game and before we’ve finished our transfer business.

Last week when I was saying we would be struggling if we didn’t sign more players and I was suggesting we were struggling financially it was purely because I knew it wouldn’t be long before the same old negative clowns would be on here criticising the manager when in reality he’s got no money to spend.
But well done you’ve even surprised me with how soon you’ve started

Which reality is this then? So, the CEO and the new manager both state that the budget is greater than last season and that there is still money in the pot yet you have decided they're both pulling the wool over everybody's eyes and you, with your insider knowledge, know different.

And you call others clowns!

Martin that’s twice you’ve misred by posts and gone off on one.
The point I’m making is if we don’t spend some money on improving our squad before the season starts then we will have idiots criticising the manager in a few weeks.
When the reality will be he’s not had the resources to do any better.

Like I’ve said numerous times but you keep ignoring, if we do sign some players before the season starts all well and good but if we don’t then we will struggle this season

Never mentioned once about any inside knowledge regarding this, I think almost everyone on here agrees we need to improve the squad before the season starts. It’s cerrtainly not just me

If you hadnt put in the line of in reality hes nit had the resources to do any better then i would have agreed with that post. Just because the manager doesnt sign someone doesnt mean the resources arent there.

Like Gaz said earlier though, if we do have money to spend and I’m not saying we don’t why would a new manager wanting to make his mark not be spending it?

It's his choice. Nobody is forcing him to save money, he's biding his time rather than spending it to keep the fans happy.

That says a lot about his self-belief in my book.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on July 24, 2018, 10:54:36 pm by dickos1 »
 Not sure what you’re reading but it doesn’t say we haven’t got any money to spend.
But if in a months time and we haven’t signed anyone then yes I will be saying we obviously haven’t got any money to spend.
Because it will be obvious.
It doesn’t really matter what anyone says now about bigger budgets etc, if the window closes and we haven’t signed anyone then it will say everything.
I’ve never said we have no money to spend!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 24, 2018, 11:01:29 pm by RedJ »
You literally wrote he has no money to spend hahahaha Jesus, this is delusion at its finest.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on July 24, 2018, 11:13:18 pm by dickos1 »
I haven’t said that.
People need to start reading things properly
I said if we don’t spend any money before the season starts then to me that shows we have no money.
Nowhere have I said we have no money!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:19:38 pm by dickos1 »

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 24, 2018, 11:17:19 pm by Boomstick »
Anyway back to 2018, and you’re criticising the next manager before we’ve played a game and before we’ve finished our transfer business.

Last week when I was saying we would be struggling if we didn’t sign more players and I was suggesting we were struggling financially it was purely because I knew it wouldn’t be long before the same old negative clowns would be on here criticising the manager when in reality he’s got no money to spend.

Which reality is this then? So, the CEO and the new manager both state that the budget is greater than last season and that there is still money in the pot yet you have decided they're both pulling the wool over everybody's eyes and you, with your insider knowledge, know different.

well, they went for a manager who IS the cheap option,
we have signed youth teamers and maybe a has -been.
it IS a weaker squad from last season, that huffed and puffed to safety, and played god awful football.
but we're supposed to swallow the bull shit about it being a better budget?
complete b*llocks,
actions speak louder than words

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on July 24, 2018, 11:19:23 pm by mpc123 »
I understand what you are saying dickos1 but you keep tripping up in your messages by saying then there is no money to spend.

Just because he may not feel like the players that are available are not right for what ever reason, that could be price, wages whatever whatever, it doesnt mean there was no money to spend after all.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:21:24 pm by mpc123 »

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on July 24, 2018, 11:22:06 pm by mpc123 »

well, they went for a manager who IS the cheap option,
we have signed youth teamers and maybe a has -been.
it IS a weaker squad from last season, that huffed and puffed to safety, and played god awful football.
but we're supposed to swallow the bull shit about it being a better budget?
complete b*llocks,
actions speak louder than words

Really???

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on July 24, 2018, 11:23:03 pm by dickos1 »
I’m not tripping up though mate. In my opinion there is no way a manager would be happy to start the season with the squad as it is now.
Especially if he has money to spend, why would he make his job more difficult.
This is all premature because we might go and sign 3 players next week, but we’re definitely short if we don’t

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on July 24, 2018, 11:25:21 pm by mpc123 »
I agree with the last bit, we may sign 3 players your right.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on July 24, 2018, 11:30:40 pm by Alan Southstand »
I think there might be a word missing, when people are talking about money available and that word is 'enough'.

We may be finding out that we haven't got enough money to get the requisite quality we so obviously need.

Are we going to be making excuses until January or are we actually going to be pro-active in the transfer market, for once!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on July 24, 2018, 11:32:20 pm by dickos1 »
But if the budget is bigger than last season we must have a fortune sitting somewhere

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on July 24, 2018, 11:37:43 pm by mpc123 »
Doesn't mean he is not trying to spend it, even if he doesnt succeed

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on July 24, 2018, 11:39:00 pm by mpc123 »
I think there might be a word missing, when people are talking about money available and that word is 'enough'.

We may be finding out that we haven't got enough money to get the requisite quality we so obviously need.

Are we going to be making excuses until January or are we actually going to be pro-active in the transfer market, for once!

Maybe you need to support a manchester club

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on July 24, 2018, 11:47:03 pm by dickos1 »
Doesn't mean he is not trying to spend it, even if he doesnt succeed

So if the window closes and we’ve no further signings would you still think he’s got money but chosen not to spend it?

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on July 24, 2018, 11:51:13 pm by mpc123 »
He may not have chosen to spend it but just not got a player he wanted  maybe put the offer in and he goes to championship club lets say.

If it was as simple as you can get any player you fancy in budget then life as a manager would be 10 times easier for sure.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on July 24, 2018, 11:55:08 pm by dickos1 »
Managers have a list of 4 or 5 players for the position they require. If they can’t get the first one they move down the list.
We’re absolutely desperate for a centre midfielder so surely if he’s got the funds he can find one. Rather than start the season leaving us desperately short in that position

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on July 24, 2018, 11:57:23 pm by Alan Southstand »

Maybe you need to get a reality check!

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on July 25, 2018, 12:03:43 am by mpc123 »
They generally do have a list yes but i was just giving an example, do i have to give you 5 examples to make you understand. Thst ciould easily happen with all 5 btw.

I give up, sometimes i think you say these things to cause a reaction and giggle afterwards but for some reason i dont thjnk you are.

like you said yourself he may sign 3 in the next few weeks, fingers crossed if they improve us even further and not just for the sake of spending the rest of the budget.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on July 25, 2018, 12:05:33 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Has anyone considered that McCann is bluffing when he's saying we're good to go, or at least keeping a card up his sleeve? He's made it clear we're not going to pay what he felt was extortionate prices for what he wanted. That too me is basic sense. Patience, don't panic buy, play the long game, make the money that we do have spread further.

There could well be a good deal comes up over the next couple of weeks, a great loan deal, and then there's the winter transfer window.

I'm glad some folks on here aren't in charge of my finances  :santa: :santa: :santa:

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on July 25, 2018, 12:06:21 am by mpc123 »

Maybe you need to get a reality check!

Im real i support doncaster rovers, we currently dont have a fortune to spend but we have a decent budget for our league.

Our board put 2 million in a season to keep us moving forward, reality at its best.

Fingers crossed we have a good season signing a boat load of players for what ever reason or not.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on July 25, 2018, 12:07:14 am by mpc123 »
Has anyone considered that McCann is bluffing when he's saying we're good to go, or at least keeping a card up his sleeve? He's made it clear we're not going to pay what he felt was extortionate prices for what he wanted. That too me is basic sense. Patience, don't panic buy, play the long game, make the money that we do have spread further.

There could well be a good deal comes up over the next couple of weeks, a great loan deal, and then there's the winter transfer window.

I'm glad some folks on here aren't in charge of my finances  :santa: :santa: :santa:

Sense has arrived

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on July 25, 2018, 12:11:02 am by dickos1 »

Let’s hope he is, as I keep saying if we do sign some players over the next couple of weeks then all well and good.
But if we don’t we are in bother.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on July 25, 2018, 12:16:01 am by dickos1 »
They generally do have a list yes but i was just giving an example, do i have to give you 5 examples to make you understand. Thst ciould easily happen with all 5 btw.

I give up, sometimes i think you say these things to cause a reaction and giggle afterwards but for some reason i dont thjnk you are.

like you said yourself he may sign 3 in the next few weeks, fingers crossed if they improve us even further and not just for the sake of spending the rest of the budget.

People say I’m a happy clapper and can’t accept any criticism of the club, the first time I’m concerned and questioning something I’m now doing this for effect?

We would struggle next season with this squad  I think most can see this, the manager will then be slagged off and most likely lose his job

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on July 25, 2018, 12:22:00 am by mpc123 »
I hope not, we all have different views.

But it still doesnt mean that there is no money, thats the problem that i have, i actually agree with alot of things you have said over the years.

Im.ok with the squad at the moment but for me personally we need a cdm but im not the manager and nowhere near qualified enough to be, but GM is.

If GM does a good job, like any manager, we will have to wait and see.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 25, 2018, 07:39:14 am by swintonrover »
I like to compare it to buying a car. Just because a Vauxhall Corsa is available for £19,000, doesn't mean I'm going to buy it for that despite being able to afford it, when I can wait a couple of weeks and get the exact same car for £700. Some people would rather be ripped off and have the car, just to say they have a car.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on July 25, 2018, 08:08:43 am by DonnyOsmond »
Anthony Grant is waiting at Peterborough probably because McCann has said we'll come back for him. Otherwise he'd have joined Shrewsbury.

Not wanting to spend money for the sake of it on players McCann feels he doesn't need doesn't mean he doesn't have a sizeable budget left. Everyone is putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with diarrhea.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on July 25, 2018, 08:08:54 am by Jonathan »
As long as we don’t build the basis of our fleet by using Enterprise Rent a Car. Only to find ourselves in a predicament when they all go back.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on July 25, 2018, 08:41:13 am by dickos1 »
I like to compare it to buying a car. Just because a Vauxhall Corsa is available for £19,000, doesn't mean I'm going to buy it for that despite being able to afford it, when I can wait a couple of weeks and get the exact same car for £700. Some people would rather be ripped off and have the car, just to say they have a car.

That’s the point, I’m happy if we’re goong to spend the money in two weeks, but people are suggesting if we don’t sign anyone over the next two weeks then that will be fine and it doesn’t mean we have no money to spend.
I’m still hopeful we will sign some players, all I’m saying is if we don’t we will struggle,
We’ve got rid of 4 or 5 experiences players on decent money and replaced them with young inexperienced players. So we must have a lot of money sat somewhere which we should be using to make us competitive

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on July 25, 2018, 08:51:20 am by selby »
    Steve I do not blame anyone, Grant knows he was a player at one time, probably does not know the full implications of why Bradford issued the by mutual consent statement to cover the implications to both themselves and the player,and the board have said yes to his idea of giving him a trial, backing the manager as it should be.
   The player to his credit is having a go.
  But I reiterate my stance, we have stated we do background checks, we want players  that project the club the right way, and on the playing side want players we see the club getting added value from as they progress.
    This does not fit the ethos of the club, and changes everything we stand for.
   At Grimsby I was pleased with both Crawford and Wilkes who look to have quite a bit of promise, and we did have a trialist showing we are looking to bring some others in if they impress.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on July 25, 2018, 08:52:56 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Not sure what you’re reading but it doesn’t say we haven’t got any money to spend.
But if in a months time and we haven’t signed anyone then yes I will be saying we obviously haven’t got any money to spend.
Because it will be obvious.
It doesn’t really matter what anyone says now about bigger budgets etc, if the window closes and we haven’t signed anyone then it will say everything.
I’ve never said we have no money to spend!

Yeah, when someone with a lot of money in the bank doesn't spend any it's obviously because he hasn't in reality got any! :silly:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012