Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 11:31:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Taylor  (Read 22410 times)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Taylor
« Reply #120 on July 25, 2018, 09:00:13 am by grayx »
Ive always considered dickos1 as an eternal optimist, often annoyingly so. The fact he is showing concern with regards to the strength of our squad as it stands, worries me tbh.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on July 25, 2018, 09:02:25 am by dickos1 »
Not sure what you’re reading but it doesn’t say we haven’t got any money to spend.
But if in a months time and we haven’t signed anyone then yes I will be saying we obviously haven’t got any money to spend.
Because it will be obvious.
It doesn’t really matter what anyone says now about bigger budgets etc, if the window closes and we haven’t signed anyone then it will say everything.
I’ve never said we have no money to spend!

Yeah, when someone with a lot of money in the bank doesn't spend any it's obviously because he hasn't in reality got any! :silly:

You’re an intelligent man, you know that isn’t the same thing.

When someone with a lot of money in the bank is living on the streets, then you might question what money he does actually have in the bank.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on July 25, 2018, 10:03:32 am by steve@dcfd »
 16 days before the transfer window shuts we need reinforcements a forward / striker, a midfield player with leadership qualities are the minimum. If GM wants then to spend more of the resources he has  to improve the side then he will have to that. He must not forget top six is the goal, in my opinion we are some way off that yet with players.
GB says fund are there we don’t have to sell to spend so when GM believes the market is right then get on with it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 10:05:33 am by steve@dcfd »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on July 25, 2018, 10:13:49 am by Bentley Bullet »
At the risk of repeating myself, should we get some new additions between now and the start of the season, how many threads are we gonna have using the excuse that the new players didn't have a proper pre-season if we make a bad start?

........And who will be blamed for it?........... Darren Ferguson!

Mark my words!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on July 25, 2018, 10:26:37 am by selby »
  Alie Crawford can be a good acquisition from what  I saw last night.
  He plays with his head up, knows what is going on around him, and has the early pass in him that makes the difference.
  He also showed once or twice he is a typical ginger  Scotsman by putting a foot in.
  He missed a one on one, but showed the pace carrying the ball through the middle to get through and outpace the defenders.
  I will be interested to see if he does it on a regular basis, if he does we have got a gud un on our hands.
  More of those please.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on July 25, 2018, 11:20:16 am by Boomstick »
At the risk of repeating myself, should we get some new additions between now and the start of the season, how many threads are we gonna have using the excuse that the new players didn't have a proper pre-season if we make a bad start?

Mark my words!
definitely, and it will be the usual suspects 
refusing to acknowledge the poor budget.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on July 25, 2018, 11:30:38 am by RedJ »
The one that you have definite proof that is poor and isn't just based on your opinion and perception? will that be the one?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on July 25, 2018, 11:42:17 am by Metalmicky »
Did Taylor play at Grimsby....?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on July 25, 2018, 11:58:28 am by wing commander »
nope he's probably going to get a run out tonight I would imagine..

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on July 25, 2018, 12:19:51 pm by mpc123 »

Mark my words!

Poor budget GM even stated it was better than Peterboroughs. I dont know what the budget is but it must be decent, top 8+ going off the OFFICIAL information and not just whingy whiney budget hear say.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on July 25, 2018, 12:42:32 pm by Boomstick »

Mark my words!

can you link to the articles where gm says it's better than posh and the so-called official claim about it being top 8 ?
REALLY hope its true

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on July 25, 2018, 01:00:08 pm by MachoMadness »
I would imagine - or at least hope - that a good chunk of the budget will be going on loan players throughout the season, which we won't be in a position to get until clubs start to finalise their first-team plans when the season starts. I'll wait until we've kicked a ball before getting too bent out of shape over the budget/lack thereof.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on July 25, 2018, 01:03:51 pm by Pancho Regan »
I would imagine - or at least hope - that a good chunk of the budget will be going on loan players throughout the season, which we won't be in a position to get until clubs start to finalise their first-team plans when the season starts. I'll wait until we've kicked a ball before getting too bent out of shape over the budget/lack thereof.

I think you're right MM, although I'm a little uneasy about relying too heavily on loan players. There again, every club uses the loan market these days and some have done so to very good effect.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a young striker join us on loan from a Premiership club to partner Marquis.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on July 25, 2018, 01:30:25 pm by mpc123 »

Mark my words!

can you link to the articles where gm says it's better than posh and the so-called official claim about it being top 8 ?
REALLY hope its true

It would take me time to look and listen to interviews.

But stated was better than peterborough also official from SM spreadsheet of FA we were in top 8 last year and it has been raised.

To moan about the budget its probably best to keep fully upto date with everything in interviews and what is posted.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on July 25, 2018, 02:16:13 pm by mpc123 »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on July 25, 2018, 02:17:04 pm by RedJ »
Nah everyone is lying to us, it's all a conspiracy.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on July 25, 2018, 02:19:56 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Mark my words!

Just as a matter of interest Boomstick, what is our budget this season?

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on July 25, 2018, 02:20:08 pm by mpc123 »
And here is SM proving the budget last year

I struggle with a lot of this I really do. And yet the maths are simple.

Last season we had the 7th highest budget in the league (taken from the L1 SCMP benchmarking spreadsheet). We had one of the highest paid managers in the league.

We finished 15th.

This season we intend to spend more on the playing budget.  Some deceit that.

The budget sounds spot on, now down to the manager to to a better job than DF, which I think given a little time can do.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on July 25, 2018, 02:37:51 pm by steve@dcfd »
The budget is never published in the public domain neither is the players wage bill so pointless debating. We have been told it’s a top six budget the manager has agreed. So it’s up to GM and GB to get the best deal with the resources they have but remembering it’s the goal of the club,owners CEO and  manager to achieve that goal.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on July 25, 2018, 03:07:10 pm by Donnybax »
I don’t doubt we have a top 6 budget I would have no reason too. But we don’t have a top 6 squad. On paper I think we would do well to finish 15th.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on July 25, 2018, 03:12:17 pm by RoversAlias »
I don't know why nobody has any patience anymore. We haven't had our first game under McCan yet, it is a long season of 50+ games and there is so much we are yet to have much clue about. Give it time, see if McCann and these players can back up the aim of competing at the top end of the table. What's the rush? If we are going in the right direction over the next two seasons and make some progress then that's good enough for me. I don't believe we have any divine right to expect to get back into the Championship so quickly.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on July 25, 2018, 03:12:50 pm by mpc123 »
A few weeks left yet plus a loan window.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on July 25, 2018, 03:18:09 pm by Alan Southstand »
And the loan window closes when?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on July 25, 2018, 03:19:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
End of August.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on July 25, 2018, 04:18:42 pm by steve@dcfd »
Didn’t realise this

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs/

So we have more time with loans than I thought .

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on July 25, 2018, 04:47:15 pm by northern soul »
Didn’t realise this

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs/

So we have more time with loans than I thought .

And out of contract players too.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on July 25, 2018, 04:49:49 pm by RedJ »
Out of contract players apart from I think a week in September can be signed right up until late November, I'm pretty sure.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on July 25, 2018, 05:38:01 pm by drfchound »
Just supposing that we don't sign anyone else and then have a good start to the season.
Would anyone who is saying that GM is wrong by not bringing in players change their minds?

Also don't forget that the playing budget has to last all season so maybe if he is happy with what he has right now he is holding money back for January.

As I said earlier, there is much panicking right now.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:50:34 pm by drfchound »

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on July 25, 2018, 05:59:42 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I'm guessing he wants time to assess what he has and can't do that with certainty just watching them in training or friendlies.  Considering that the 'senior players' mentioned that have left contributed next to nothing last season, replacing them with the three we have makes a stronger squad than last season.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on July 25, 2018, 06:01:11 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Not sure why some are saying we have a top six budget when we don't.
In fairness nobody from the club has said that.
The ambition is to challenge for the top six - but we don't have a top six budget.
That's why Fergie left.
End of.
Let's move on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012