Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:59:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Football Heaven  (Read 19383 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Football Heaven
« Reply #120 on July 31, 2018, 07:03:45 pm by NickDRFC »
Nobody will ever find out the truth because this board can’t even spell it.... it’s obvious cutbacks have been made and the signings prove it, but they’ll never admit it due to S/t sales and sponsorship... even walking round the place feels bad, all the bins are over flowing and bushes full of litter, just small things like that show there’s no urgency or pride..

Are you suggesting that the legally audited end of year accounts the club publishes are fraudulent? Serious allegation to make.

Raggytash talks out of his arse but that’s a bit of a leap, especially given what we spend at the moment wouldn’t even be apparent until the accounts are published in near enough two years time

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on July 31, 2018, 07:09:42 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Nobody will ever find out the truth because this board can’t even spell it.... it’s obvious cutbacks have been made and the signings prove it, but they’ll never admit it due to S/t sales and sponsorship... even walking round the place feels bad, all the bins are over flowing and bushes full of litter, just small things like that show there’s no urgency or pride..

Are you suggesting that the legally audited end of year accounts the club publishes are fraudulent? Serious allegation to make.

Raggytash talks out of his arse but that’s a bit of a leap, especially given what we spend at the moment wouldn’t even be apparent until the accounts are published in near enough two years time

That shows what we've spent not what is available to GM though? If GM doesn't want to spend all the budget he has that's up to him, that doesn't equate into we don't have money left over.

Have a read of this Tweet below from McCann. He's not a throw money at a problem kind of manager.

https://twitter.com/grantmccann11/status/1006598219630030848

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on July 31, 2018, 07:11:48 pm by dickos1 »
I'm at a loss here to see how we could have brought in significant players given the timing of Fergusons departure. He obviously hadn't spent the back end of the season lining up new players to bring in and did nothing during the period of the closed season he was here to line up new players despite the budget/none budget. Nothing, zilch! No potential signings that fell through because he moved on. My thoughts and my thoughts only, he knew he was on his way pushed or shoved or left is irrelevant. There were no rumours of potential acquisitions.

In steps the new manager with a few weeks to go before the new season. He has got to cover a lot of ground before he can decide what players he needs and then source them. He is given a budget like you all set budgets!
Do you go out and spend it all in a few weeks leaving you little wriggle room for the rest of the season?
Do you assess the squad first then go out and strengthen?
As a board member do you give him all the money in one bash? Or do you give him a bit, see how he gets on? If he does well he gets a bit more!
I must admit the way the closed season developed I didn’t expect many new signings prior to the start.

How do you know potential signings didn’t fall through?
We also signed Anderson before he left.
Since mcann has come we’ve signed a decent looking attacking midfielder and a kid,
Our squad wasn’t that strong last year but we’ve lost houghton, baudry, Williams, and not replaced two of them

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on July 31, 2018, 07:14:18 pm by Rovers Return »
I'm at a loss here to see how we could have brought in significant players given the timing of Fergusons departure. He obviously hadn't spent the back end of the season lining up new players to bring in and did nothing during the period of the closed season he was here to line up new players despite the budget/none budget. Nothing, zilch! No potential signings that fell through because he moved on. My thoughts and my thoughts only, he knew he was on his way pushed or shoved or left is irrelevant. There were no rumours of potential acquisitions.

In steps the new manager with a few weeks to go before the new season. He has got to cover a lot of ground before he can decide what players he needs and then source them. He is given a budget like you all set budgets!
Do you go out and spend it all in a few weeks leaving you little wriggle room for the rest of the season?
As a board member do you give him all the money in one bash? Or do you give him a bit, see how he gets on? If he does well he gets a bit more!
I must admit the way the closed season developed I didn’t expect many new signings prior to the start.

Since mcann has come we’ve signed a decent looking attacking midfielder and a kid,
Our squad wasn’t that strong last year but we’ve lost houghton, baudry, Williams, and not replaced two of them

Do you know of any?

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on July 31, 2018, 07:32:51 pm by raggytash »
How can people say... this squads good??? It’s weaker than last year and we’ve scored no goals in ore season against elf sides??? Unreal, I wonder who’s going to kip for it if it gets a bad start McCann or the board??? I hope neither but should be interesting

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on July 31, 2018, 07:46:56 pm by drfchound »
How can people say... this squads good??? It’s weaker than last year and we’ve scored no goals in ore season against elf sides??? Unreal, I wonder who’s going to kip for it if it gets a bad start McCann or the board??? I hope neither but should be interesting

You would have thought we might have scored a few headers against elf sides.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on July 31, 2018, 07:56:05 pm by dickos1 »

Do you know of any?

Why would we know of any?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on July 31, 2018, 07:57:30 pm by drfchound »
Roll on Saturday so we can all argue about what happened in the match.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on July 31, 2018, 08:02:17 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Opened this thread in hope it'd be 5 pages of feedback from the other night.

I'd like to echo RedJ's idea

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on July 31, 2018, 08:09:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Obviously not wanting to temp fate but other than Crawford's race to be fit for Saturday, it's an intact squad, a fit for selection squad. No players being excluded awaiting the chop. In that sense, it is a better squad giving McCann the best possible selection options.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on July 31, 2018, 08:10:05 pm by Filo »
the budget this season is laughable never known such an obvious lack of ambition to do well with a small squad loaning players out to balance the books , big earners left to be replaced by non league and kids and over the hill journeymen.

We don’t have competition for players we should be kicking on after a reasonable season last year but yet again it proves we want to be a league 1 club at best.

The fans have really got behind the club with season tickets and attendances over the last few seasons and all we want is a bit of investment

Let me guess, you are one of the "I want it, and I want it now" generation?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on July 31, 2018, 08:28:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
the budget this season is laughable never known such an obvious lack of ambition to do well with a small squad loaning players out to balance the books , big earners left to be replaced by non league and kids and over the hill journeymen.

We don’t have competition for players we should be kicking on after a reasonable season last year but yet again it proves we want to be a league 1 club at best.

The fans have really got behind the club with season tickets and attendances over the last few seasons and all we want is a bit of investment

Let me guess, you are one of the "I want it, and I want it now" generation?

OMG! As a millenial you need to apologise to us, you can't say things like that! It's disgraceful!

;)

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on July 31, 2018, 08:41:28 pm by elmsallrover »

That shows what we've spent not what is available to GM though? If GM doesn't want to spend all the budget he has that's up to him, that doesn't equate into we don't have money left over.

Have a read of this Tweet below from McCann. He's not a throw money at a problem kind of manager.

Well he will say that won't he the board will tell him that there's little or no funds available gm will think no funds or no job... Al take the job

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on July 31, 2018, 09:01:20 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Well he will say that won't he the board will tell him that there's little or no funds available gm will think no funds or no job... Al take the job

Yes because managers always set themselves up to fail, good grief.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on July 31, 2018, 09:11:33 pm by dickos1 »
Better than being unemployed I suppose, and the squad isn’t terrible so he probably feels he can do a decent job.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on July 31, 2018, 09:14:55 pm by Rovers Return »

Do you know of any?

Normally a manager has a wish list long before the season ends and on that wish list is a list of potential signings he hands to the club. The wheels are set in motion and players are approached. And with that the rumour mill normally kicks into gear. So what I’m saying and you are just being obtuse about, is no rumours have emerged before, during or since his departure. So was a list started, pencilled in, taken down, dictated or god forbid even put forward to the board for consideration. My guess and mine alone........nope!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on July 31, 2018, 09:23:24 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
...We also signed Anderson before he left.
Anderson is still an addition to last season. And wake up fella, Houghton was on loan - you gettoing too much sunbed or something?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on July 31, 2018, 09:27:11 pm by GazLaz »
Better than being unemployed I suppose, and the squad isn’t terrible so he probably feels he can do a decent job.

The percentage of first time managers that don’t get a second job is massive. In his position you have to try and not become a statistic.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on July 31, 2018, 09:56:19 pm by DearneValleyRover »

The percentage of first time managers that don’t get a second job is massive. In his position you have to try and not become a statistic.

You do that by not failing so you wouldn’t take a job that would do just that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on July 31, 2018, 10:04:08 pm by dickos1 »
...We also signed Anderson before he left.
Anderson is still an addition to last season. And wake up fella, Houghton was on loan - you gettoing too much sunbed or something?

I was replying to someone who said Ferguson
Hadn’t attempted to sign anyone before he left? So no idea what your point is

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on July 31, 2018, 10:06:11 pm by dickos1 »

Do you know of any?

Normally a manager has a wish list long before the season ends and on that wish list is a list of potential signings he hands to the club. The wheels are set in motion and players are approached. And with that the rumour mill normally kicks into gear. So what I’m saying and you are just being obtuse about, is no rumours have emerged before, during or since his departure. So was a list started, pencilled in, taken down, dictated or god forbid even put forward to the board for consideration. My guess and mine alone........nope!

It’s a well known fact that over the last couple of seasons we’ve barely known any of our recent signings until he deal was done. So the fact we didn’t hear anything is pretty standard.
Certainly doesn’t mean nothing was happening behind the scenes

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on July 31, 2018, 10:08:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The point everyone is missing is improvement.  Many say the squads weaker but I disagree.  By that I say the best majority should be improved on last year through experience at this level.   A young squad should keep improving as many of our better players under sod did.  We should not forget that and with the make-up of this squad that's an important fact.  I would say the one weaker area is potentially up front.  The lack of Andy Williams is a weakness for me, though many will disagree on that point too.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on July 31, 2018, 10:14:47 pm by mpc123 »

The squad is good.... There you go

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on July 31, 2018, 10:21:37 pm by dickos1 »
The point everyone is missing is improvement.  Many say the squads weaker but I disagree.  By that I say the best majority should be improved on last year through experience at this level.   A young squad should keep improving as many of our better players under sod did.  We should not forget that and with the make-up of this squad that's an important fact.  I would say the one weaker area is potentially up front.  The lack of Andy Williams is a weakness for me, though many will disagree on that point too.

Sod always improved our squad with players he knew would be suited to the way he wanted to play.
He also signed experience like wellens, oster, mcgammon, stock.
The squad never stood still with him and we certainly didn’t get rid of experienced players and replace them with inexperienced ones

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on July 31, 2018, 10:29:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
The new guy has passed the first test in picking players with the ability and aptitude to play in a particular position, to play in that position. He earns a gold star for putting together said players into a formation that each player looks like they understand. This in itself has probably given us the equivalent of an entire new team of players. 

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on July 31, 2018, 10:50:43 pm by mpc123 »

Sod always improved our squad with players he knew would be suited to the way he wanted to play.
He also signed experience like wellens, oster, mcgammon, stock.
The squad never stood still with him and we certainly didn’t get rid of experienced players and replace them with inexperienced ones

Williams - too slow , constantly injured
Baudry - always injured
Evina - always out on loan as couldn't defend
Alcock - not in first 11

They are your experienced players we got rid of who you want replacing lol, and you keep moaning about that, time and time and time and time again, the same things

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on July 31, 2018, 11:17:52 pm by pib »
It’s not a bad point to be fair. We might have lost quite a few players, but aside from Baudry you can probably count on one hand the number of starts made by the other three last season.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on July 31, 2018, 11:31:06 pm by mpc123 »
It’s not a bad point to be fair. We might have lost quite a few players, but aside from Baudry you can probably count on one hand the number of starts made by the other three last season.

Take away them and Houghton on loan which many say wasn't good last year and we have the same squad.

We have added a quality attacking midfielder, a fast strong forward and have Andrew back who is quality.

Combine that with a new formation which is more attacking and a manager who can get the best out of the players and we are far better than last year.

Add to that a risky player who if comes off will be quality if not will no doubt cost us peanuts at having a go.

Add to that we have budget left over for the rest of the season to add quality either permenant or loan.

Geez it's there for all too see, we are far better off.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on July 31, 2018, 11:38:11 pm by Danmckay456 »
May I recommend you see a better optician for your rose tinted glasses

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on July 31, 2018, 11:41:56 pm by mpc123 »
May I recommend you see a better optician for your rose tinted glasses

Never been rose tinted I can give you plenty of weaknesses but the debate is if we are weaker than last year and we are not

TinyPortal © 2005-2012